Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Casting and Building Call for Toddlers and Families

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2020
    Do you still need any houses built? And for which family, I'd be happy to put one together for you from my multitude of shells I have built. Just need to decorate one appropriately, skipping the packs you don't have. Let me know!

Hi. I need a house fit for one couple, 1 single guy and three toddlers (2 girls and 1 boy). The one dad is a chef (so preferrably a large kitchen), one is a painter (an easel will do) and the other dad is a businessman (a small office space would be great, but not necessary - you could just put a desk in his room since he's the single dad). An apple garden/tree would be fantastic, too (since one of the little girls LOVES apples)!
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Xantheanmar I went back in time where Paul was a toddler and I also uploaded their house. One thing in the house is modded apparently, but I don't know what it is, but it's just one item so it won't affect the rest of the house. Search with cc.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Hi. I need a house fit for one couple, 1 single guy and three toddlers (2 girls and 1 boy). The one dad is a chef (so preferrably a large kitchen), one is a painter (an easel will do) and the other dad is a businessman (a small office space would be great, but not necessary - you could just put a desk in his room since he's the single dad). An apple garden/tree would be fantastic, too (since one of the little girls LOVES apples)!

Okay then. I'll see what I have available for decorating. :)
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    whitegables.jpg

Found a house I already had built that just needed tweaking. @divanthesimmer and @Xantheanmar - let me know what you think. No CC, and I pulled out all the packs you requested not be in the house. Should be fully playable with the roof redesign I did. One double bed bedroom, a single bed bedroom, and a gable room for three toddlers. Also has a full kitchen/dining, entryway, office, and living room. Backyard ready to plant apple trees in!
  • Options
    whitegables.jpg

Found a house I already had built that just needed tweaking. @divanthesimmer and @Xantheanmar - let me know what you think. No CC, and I pulled out all the packs you requested not be in the house. Should be fully playable with the roof redesign I did. One double bed bedroom, a single bed bedroom, and a gable room for three toddlers. Also has a full kitchen/dining, entryway, office, and living room. Backyard ready to plant apple trees in!

@IllusoryThrall That's wonderful! Exactly what I had in mind. Thank you so much! ❤
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    @divanthesimmer @IllusoryThrall The house is placed and the sims are moved in! I popped into Live Mode to assign beds and such. Divan, would you like me to give them any skills/etc as befits their backstory? Stuff like giving a few levels of Cooking to the family cook – not much more.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    Also, I looked at some other family members for a moment and came back to find Adam showing Annie flash cards out on the porch. Awww.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    @Irishsong , I just tried placing the apartment and it gave me an error! "Cannot place room due to fixed object." I don't think this is going to work...
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @divanthesimmer @IllusoryThrall The house is placed and the sims are moved in! I popped into Live Mode to assign beds and such. Divan, would you like me to give them any skills/etc as befits their backstory? Stuff like giving a few levels of Cooking to the family cook – not much more.

Yes! Dave can have Level 5 Cooking, Level 3 Comedy and Level 5 Charisma, Sam can have level 5 Painting and Level 5 Charisma and Adam can have Level 3 Charisma, maybe Level 3 Logic and Level 5 Research & Debate (since he went to college). Maybe Level 2 Gardening for everyone as well.
    Also, I looked at some other family members for a moment and came back to find Adam showing Annie flash cards out on the porch. Awww.

That's adorable! ❤
    phULnBI.png
  • Options

Yes! Dave can have Level 5 Cooking, Level 3 Comedy and Level 5 Charisma, Sam can have level 5 Painting and Level 5 Charisma and Adam can have Level 3 Charisma, maybe Level 3 Logic and Level 5 Research & Debate (since he went to college). Maybe Level 2 Gardening for everyone as well.

That's adorable! ❤

All skilled up! I actually took a photo of the flash cards thing...
    2PPvKWn.png

Does Dave need a digital sketchpad? Are there any other small things the family might need?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

That's adorable! ❤

2PPvKWn.png

Does Dave need a digital sketchpad? Are there any other small things the family might need?

That just melts my heart! ❤

I don't know if I confused Dave and Sam (Sam is supposed to be the artist and Dave is supposed to be the cook, lol). I don't think Sam needs a digital sketchpad, though (he's more like a classical artist). Feel free to give them a few extra things if you think they need/would want it, like a few extra toys or skilling items for the kids and such.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options

That's adorable! ❤

That just melts my heart! ❤

I don't know if I confused Dave and Sam (Sam is supposed to be the artist and Dave is supposed to be the cook, lol). I don't think Sam needs a digital sketchpad, though (he's more like a classical artist). Feel free to give them a few extra things if you think they need/would want it, like a few extra toys or skilling items for the kids and such.

No, I confused them. Not in-game though! I will give them things.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    aw, I'll have to try and make a different house tomorrow. The apartment has fixed pipes and wiring boxes, that's probably the issue. I'll try and adapt it to be a house instead.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I can build a new one for them, because their current house is not fully furnished. Would you mind if I build them a vampire house or do you prefer a normal house?

It depends on where you would like them to live! I was originally going to concentrate the families in Willow Creek, but one family is already in Sulani and with seven others I think it would be best to spread some of them out. So – you may choose where your family will live! A more vampiric house would be appropriate for Forgotten Hollow, but if they live in Oasis Springs that might not work as well.

I will open this up to everyone: You may choose where your sims live! I'd like to have at least two (possibly three) families in Willow Creek and no further families in Sulani, but apart from that you may choose any residential World for your sims!

Thanks! I think I'll upload their current house (which, I need to do some landscaping first, so it won't look too bare? :D I am looking forward to see how you're going to play with the family. Like the alternative/parallel lives that they will live. Just FYI, for my own game, I'm going to cure both of the children from vampirism. So, I am looking forward to see how you're going to play with them, just as of how they are, and of course, with the current house they're living in. I try to upload the house ASAP and will give you the link.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Alrighty, I fixed up a house now, you can find it under McGowan House with your hashtag.

Here's where it is. I couldn't take a picture of the map, but this is where I placed it in Willow Crest in the middle class neighborhood.

eCOKQi7.png
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Is there a deadline for this?
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @Xantheanmar I went back in time where Paul was a toddler and I also uploaded their house. One thing in the house is modded apparently, but I don't know what it is, but it's just one item so it won't affect the rest of the house. Search with cc.

@Xantheanmar I don't know if you've seen this post because you didn't respond to it, so that's why I'm quoting it. Both the family and their house are available.
  • Options
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    Is there a deadline for this?

Nope! The cutoff is whenever it is – however, I'm not currently accepting more families.

@Xantheanmar I don't know if you've seen this post because you didn't respond to it, so that's why I'm quoting it. Both the family and their house are available.

Sorry for not responding! I've nabbed the family; will get the house.
    Irishsong wrote: »
    Alrighty, I fixed up a house now, you can find it under McGowan House with your hashtag.

Here's where it is. I couldn't take a picture of the map, but this is where I placed it in Willow Crest in the middle class neighborhood.

eCOKQi7.png

Gotcha! Will do.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Oh. I was going to submit something, but that's fine. Can't wait to read the story!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I have uploaded the family to the gallery. Here is the link, Windsor Family

I don't use any CC, but I've realised that some of the packs that you've mentioned are listed. I'm not sure is it because I own the packs.

The father is a successful businessman, who secretly enjoy playing video games while pretending to work. He's currently the Grand Master Vampire.
    1CwWrxs.png

The mother is the famous style influencer. She's also a Youtuber.
    0TBmyDu.png

The brother is a grade A student & also a scout.
    TFv2AOV.png

And here is the little girl. She's kinda fussy but adorable at the same time.
    0Hbu2K2.png

Hello!

I've uploaded their house to the gallery. I won't say that it's fully furnished, because their budget won't let me to continue to complete their landscaping & outdoor area. Basically, it's ongoing process for me too.

Here is the link to the house. Windsor Manor

I'm looking forward to see how you're going to play with the family! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Oof. Sorry, life has been crazy for a bit – I'm going to get some play time in tonight, though!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    @ListentoToppDogg , your family is the only one remaining unhoused. Would you like to build a house or open it up for submissions?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    @Skeilah , the house you uploaded was on a really big lot size and had some weird furnishings. I'm not sure I can use it as-is – would you like to renovate, or shall I do the honors?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Xantheanmar I do have an apartment I suppose they would fit in, but if it has to be a house I guess I'll have to open it to submissions.
  • Options
    @Skeilah , the house you uploaded was on a really big lot size and had some weird furnishings. I'm not sure I can use it as-is – would you like to renovate, or shall I do the honors?

Oh yeah I put it on a bigger lot because I wanted to upgrade the house (before this topic existed) but I never came to that. I forgot to pit it back on a smaller lot before uploading, sorry.

You may renovate the house if you want :) I would do it myself but I just don’t have the time rn.