Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it safe...?

Is it safe to buy expansions from amazon?
Can i make them work through Origin?
I have base game and a few expansions on Origin and i always play directly from there. I wish to keep doing that as i have had no problems with it ever.

Comments

• Options
    Hal2003Hal2003 Posts: 27 Member
    If you buy directly from Amazon its safe as Amazon is on Trusted PC digital online retailers list by EA. But i will be aware to buy from 3rd party seller on Amazon.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    thank you @Hal2003 I will be aware of that now! Many thanks
  • Options
    one more thing @Hal2003 , do you know how can i see if it's being sold from amazon directly? I can't find this filter...?
  • Options
    larrylove12larrylove12 Posts: 499 Member
    edited January 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    one more thing @Hal2003 , do you know how can i see if it's being sold from amazon directly? I can't find this filter...?
    Usually it’ll say “ Fulfilled by Amazon” or something similar on the listing, I would also check out steam! They usually have pretty good deals, I’ve gotten a bunch of packs for $5
    tumblr_ogtd5r3cOT1s3ulybo1_400.gif
  • Options
    thanks @larrylove12 !
  • Options
    Trusted PC digital online retailers
    Worldwide

Epic Games
    Humble Bundle
    Ubisoft
    Valve/Steam

Asia

Amazon Japan

Europe

Amazon France
    Amazon Germany
    Amazon Italy
    Amazon Spain
    Amazon UK
    Game UK
    GameStop EU

North America

Amazon
    Best Buy
    GameStop
    Target
    Walmart

Buying on Steam is safe, but to buy DLC you need base game on steam.

On amazon it must be sold by Amazon or fulfilled by amazon. I will be aware to buy used disc on Amazon.
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited January 2020
    Usually it’ll say “ Fulfilled by Amazon” or something similar on the listing, I would also check out steam! They usually have pretty good deals, I’ve gotten a bunch of packs for $5
    "Fulfilled by Amazon" still involves Third Party Sellers, but you can usually trust that over a Third Party that isn't "Fulfilled by Amazon".

About Fulfilled by Amazon

Amazon is, essentially, that middle-man between both you and the Seller.

I, typically, click on the part, of the item I'm interested in purchasing, that says "New & Used", and it pulls the list of every single person, selling that item. Sometimes, Amazon, themselves, is not actually selling it, nor any Third Party Seller that's Fulfilled by Amazon.

Sold by Amazon, Fulfilled by Amazon, None of the Above

Some Third Party Sellers aren't actually all that bad. I'd, also, take into consideration, the quality, that it's listed for, and the Third Party's Reviews & Stars on their Profiles.
  • Options
    I'm checking the list. I'm surprised that besides amazon, only 2 other stores still have sims 3 (in europe)... it makes me think that i should buy asap the ep's that i want... too bad that origin never makes sales for sim 3... or at least i never saw it.
  • Options
    ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Hal2003 wrote: »
    Buying on Steam is safe, but to buy DLC you need base game on steam

Super important because I did not know about this when I bought a bunch for SPs during a Steam sale. I ended up having to buy the base game as well, thank god it was a pretty big sale so the base game + the SPs was still less than the SP's combined full price :D
  • Options
    There was just Lunar sale on Steam everything was with 75 % discount ended 2 days ago. Next expected sale is Spring cleaning sale on 24th May.
    But there could be some events when the game will have sale on Steam (like one time had base game 80 % discount).
  • Options
    ingridmf wrote: »

Super important because I did not know about this when I bought a bunch for SPs during a Steam sale. I ended up having to buy the base game as well, thank god it was a pretty big sale so the base game + the SPs was still less than the SP's combined full price :D

oh bad! i bought base game and a few ep's on Origin... :(
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member

Same, when your looking for CC. I don't have all of TS3 Expacs and some CC requires it.
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I just saw that they sell physical copies of Sims 3 and it’s expansions at the Walmart in my backwater town. If there is a steam sale it usually works out to be cheaper to buy it there even if you have to buy the base game first.
  • Options
    You can transfer base game and any DLC to Origin from Steam, as Steam will provide key for Origin for base game and any DLC bought on Steam.
  • Options
    Hey people!! I just bought from INSTANT GAMING for 11 euros: World Adventures, Ambitions, University Life and Fast Lane!!
    All good keys that i've already registered!
    I'm already downloading it directly in Origin!!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    And i got 1000 simpoints from WA, just like buying it from Origin! Something like 2,50 euros per ep... god, thinking that in origin is 40eur each!!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    The only thing about registering the keys when buying from a 3rd party seller that isn't in the list of approved sellers is at some time in the future EA might do a sweep for keys that they never got paid for in the first place and anyone who has purchased any of them will be locked out of using that game.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Karritz wrote: »
    The only thing about registering the keys when buying from a 3rd party seller that isn't in the list of approved sellers is at some time in the future EA might do a sweep for keys that they never got paid for in the first place and anyone who has purchased any of them will be locked out of using that game.

Really?? I thought that it was safe from the moment it accepted the keys at EA website... i hope it doesn't happen because i did pay for it. I also think Instant Gaming is a legitimate site.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Really?? I thought that it was safe from the moment it accepted the keys at EA website... i hope it doesn't happen because i did pay for it. I also think Instant Gaming is a legitimate site.

I hope it is okay. I just thought I'd mention it here as a lot of people had a lot of problems a couple of years ago when expansions and/or stuff packs they had purchased and paid for and played with for years were suddenly blocked. And they couldn't buy a legitimate replacements from EA for ages because EA didn't remove the game they had originally purchased they just couldn't access it. I think the issue was people bought lots of keys from EA and then got their money refunded but didn't return the keys. Then they sold the keys on to people who wanted to buy cheaper keys thinking they were a good deal and legitimate. As far as EA was concerned the keys were never paid for as they never got their money. So they shut them down and people couldn't play their games any more. It was up to individuals to track down whoever they'd purchased their keys from to try to get their money back years later. The most upsetting part of it for a lot of people was they couldn't just go and buy a new copy as they couldn't register it as the blocked copy filled the spot in their Origin account. Eventually, after a lot of effort I think most people managed to get their accounts fixed so they could replace the bad keys and resume playing their games.
  • Options

I hope it is okay. I just thought I'd mention it here as a lot of people had a lot of problems a couple of years ago when expansions and/or stuff packs they had purchased and paid for and played with for years were suddenly blocked. And they couldn't buy a legitimate replacements from EA for ages because EA didn't remove the game they had originally purchased they just couldn't access it. I think the issue was people bought lots of keys from EA and then got their money refunded but didn't return the keys. Then they sold the keys on to people who wanted to buy cheaper keys thinking they were a good deal and legitimate. As far as EA was concerned the keys were never paid for as they never got their money. So they shut them down and people couldn't play their games any more. It was up to individuals to track down whoever they'd purchased their keys from to try to get their money back years later. The most upsetting part of it for a lot of people was they couldn't just go and buy a new copy as they couldn't register it as the blocked copy filled the spot in their Origin account. Eventually, after a lot of effort I think most people managed to get their accounts fixed so they could replace the bad keys and resume playing their games.

Wow i hope this isn't the case here. Many thanks for your imput!
  • Options
    That was the scam with stolen credit cards, someone bought masive amount of keys on Origin and the keys were later resseled on G2A nd Kinguin and got later all revoked. Instant Gaming is selling own keys oposite to G2A, Kinguin or Gamivo, they only selling portals and they keys can duplicated, stolen, region locked.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That was the scam with stolen credit cards, someone bought masive amount of keys on Origin and the keys were later resseled on G2A nd Kinguin and got later all revoked. Instant Gaming is selling own keys oposite to G2A, Kinguin or Gamivo, they only selling portals and they keys can duplicated, stolen, region locked.

Oh i hope so! Im getting nervous hehe well at least im going to play it as if there is no tomorrow! :lol:
  • Options
    ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Aaeiyn wrote: »

Same, when your looking for CC. I don't have all of TS3 Expacs and some CC requires it.

Same, especially with worlds and houses. I have seen so many beautiful ones that I can't download because I'm missing a couple of EPs (EPs I'm just not interested in), which sucks :( Storybrook County for example, and most of the modern houses :(
    For houses, most of them also have CC and I usually don't feel like adding all of it to my game.
  • Options
    Oh i hope so! Im getting nervous hehe well at least im going to play it as if there is no tomorrow! :lol:
    I bought several keys on Instant gaming (including Sims 3 DLCs keys for Origin) had problem with only one key and that key got replaced within 24 hours.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Aaeiyn wrote: »

Same, especially with worlds and houses. I have seen so many beautiful ones that I can't download because I'm missing a couple of EPs (EPs I'm just not interested in), which plum :( Storybrook County for example, and most of the modern houses :(
    For houses, most of them also have CC and I usually don't feel like adding all of it to my game.

Its safest to not download things with cc as it can corrupt your game and be just about impossible to remove.

As for missing expansion and stuff packs, if you download things that contain items from packs you dont own the game will replace those items with something else you do have. But some of those replacements can be a bit silly. Its up to you to fix it all up appropriately with what you own. I think mostly items you dont own and are replaced can be insignificant.