Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Tiny Living contest : Why is Quebec excluded ?

MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member

Comments

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Also why post the winner specifically on twitter and not here on this official forum?
    And even if i wanted to take part, can i ask EA to not publish my real name and post my handle instead? (I'm security conscious about my own details and i'm sure there are others out there as well who feel like that)

If those details were answered in better detail then i already have one lot in mind i can post on the gallery inside 5 minutes at the latest.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i am a player from canada province of quebec and would also went to know why players from the province of quebec are not included in this contest? @SimGuruFrost @EA_Mai thank you for your answers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    I suspect it's related to some provincial law about lotteries and gambling. Although requiring skill as well as an element of luck is enough for most gambling laws, and building a lot is certainly a skill.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I have found the answer. Our provincial laws (Civil Code of Quebec) are too complicated for other countries to welcome people from Quebec to participate. Articles 58 and 59 of our Lottery and Contest Law were established to prevent and protect consummers, but in reverse they tend to make it difficult for other countries to let us participate. They have to send some notice to our gouvernment and have to pay some low fees. A lot of articles of this law were abrogated, but still countries don't bother making the effort.

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Melpomena i think to have this contest in the province of quebec ea would have to ask loto quebec to run this contest
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @friendlysimmers Absolutly not. It has nothing to do with Loto Quebec. It has to do with the Provincial Laws (Code Civile du Québec). Loto Quebec is ruled by the same Provincial Laws (Régie des Alcools, des Courses et des Jeux).

Countries don't have to ask, but to inform 30 days in advance La Régie that they will hold a contest inviting their clients from the Province of Quebec to participate, and that they will pay the fees in case those participants from Quebec win, only if they win. This is made only to ensure that the winners do get their price. It's just a too complicated.

As an example Tim Horton in Canada has to follow the same rules if they want the people from Quebec to participate into the maketting contest "déroule le rebords", to win prices like free coffees and brand new cars.

Canada is under the Common Wealth Laws, we are under the Civil Code of Quebec.

Anyways, EA Games cannot invite us to participate unless they go through the mechanism of our laws.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Also why post the winner specifically on twitter and not here on this official forum?
    And even if i wanted to take part, can i ask EA to not publish my real name and post my handle instead? (I'm security conscious about my own details and i'm sure there are others out there as well who feel like that)

If those details were answered in better detail then i already have one lot in mind i can post on the gallery inside 5 minutes at the latest.

Because the gurus (even one said) that the forums are trash...
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yep. Quebec's laws make it hard.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

Because the gurus (even one said) that the forums are trash...

You're right. XD It is just totally chaotic here. Hahaha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif