Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sentences that only make sense in TS3

Comments

• Options
    readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    There I was alone in the this big open world with no memory of my parents or even where I came from but I did have a diploma (from a school I never heard of ) and a rather expensive camera (which I immediately sold for the quick cash) .There I stood in my front yard brushing imaginary dirt from clean jeans when the neighbors showed up along with some goofy guy in an animal suit .Thought to myself this scene was too weird for me so I summoned a taxi with the power of my mind ( I think so anyways) and went to the library to pass some time till those strangers stop flirting and slapping each other on my front lawn and go away. I go straight to the nearest computer and even tho I should get a job I really dont want to. So I go to the computer and decide a pet might be nice.I look over the dogs and see Sandi .I get her and head home.As soon as Sandi arrives I start teaching her to hunt.As soon as she catches on to the whole hunting thing I send her out to hunt while I go bed.Sandi is such a prize! She comes home with a potato chip bag and a rock. In the morning I went to the local alchemy store and cut up that rock into a lovely spire cut jewel and get some piles of green dust .I go home and set the rock and all that dust on the ground.I play with Sandi and teach her to sit up.I eat some cereal that is already poured into a bowl from the fridge and take a the coldest shower ever. I go to bed and wonder about getting a job. Nah!Not going to worry about it.Over night Sandi destroyed the table and my couch which I find just plain FOUL! So I decide to go to the beach and meet just about everybody in town.Its Monday and the middle of the day and everyone's here,I must not be the only without a job . After a few hours I get really tired and go home that jewel AND all that dust suddenly buzzed and grew! I sell it all . Second day in town,and I am filthy rich and dont need to work. True Story,I swear!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Simsalot99 wrote: »
    I will continue to sit around in my underwear and admire my unrivaled intellect in solitude, my remarkable intellectual accomplishments will be acknowledged...
    Unwary suitors notwithstanding, how this sim could possibly still be single is one of life's greatest mysteries... ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited December 2019
    Well dang, picked the last harvest of my steak-plant for the BBQ tonight. I was so looking forward to having cheesesteak but I turned my attention away from the BBQ for one second and my BBQ grill turns into a flambé. Well looks like I’ll be going to the grocery store and buying some more steaks to plant. Andthese were perfect steaks too.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Oh, man I'm starving. Good thing I have this plate of stuffed turkey in my pocket!
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited December 2019
    At school, my teacher keeps saying: "You're...you're Jesse Madoo!" for some unknown reason. I don't know who this Jesse person is, but apparently that's my doppelganger.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    RAWR! I'm just going to change into a werewolf.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer No worries. Just go to the alchemy shop and buy a potion to turn yourself into a fairy. You can force those steak plants to bloom and have perfect steak in no time. You'll feel a bit mopey during the new moon, but, the steak.

@igazor You say "single" like it's a bad thing. :D I don't need people. I brood. I talk to plants. People are too needy. The butler quit because he was too needy. Even the plants get too needy. If I talk to myself in the mirror long enough I can become Leader of the Free World. You know I'm totally kidding. A little sims pathological narcissism. Just try to tell me I have a fragile identity and low self esteem... When I get stir crazy and need to leave the house I walk to the middle of the street in front of my house and then go home to pat my fragile ego.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @igazor You say "single" like it's a bad thing.
    Not at all, I merely said it was a mystery. I mean, the other sims in the world do get a say in the matter and it doesn't sound like they are rushing to queue up at your front door for a chance to be impressed (maybe I missed that part), beyond the overly generous gifting thing and maybe the occasional paparazzi annoyances that we all get.

You are jumping to the conclusion that I mean single = bad for some reason. (strokes chin thoughtfully and gets out notebook) Very interesting. Would your sim like to have a seat on the couch and tell me about their childhood, if they can remember having one? I charge by the hour, btw. ;)

You know I'm totally kidding.
    Yes, have to admit that did occur to me. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @igazor I can't remember my childhood. I don't remember finishing high school. I don't remember how I got enough money to buy a house. But every time I move to a new town a time portal appears on my front lawn that I smash to bits with a sledge hammer rather than go to the future. I'd rather take the money. The future is intimidating. It's too big. Bigger than my head. It's too uncertain.

On the contrary, I receive love letters, gifts, and calls for dates all the time. I never reply, but I check my mail every day. I stop answering my phone, but it rings all the time. This pool of potential mates has me thinking I don't really need to go any further to get what I need. I know they want me. I could have anybody I want. I like the attention. They, on the other hand, seldom live up to my expectations. This cycle of feeding off the attention of potential suitors and rejecting them due to their inferiority and not my own gives me a sense of security, power, and confidence that I need to continue feeling humble against the greatness of my own ego, perfectly alone. None of these sims would fit into my life, but really, letting any one sim get too close and giving up on the pool of potential dates, which are only there to make my fragile ego feel better while avoiding close scrutiny, would shed way too much light on what kind of sim I really am, and that is something I am not ready to admit. On my own, I am great. I have a thousand lovers. I can have any job I want. When it's just one, I pale. My fragile ego crumbles. I retreat to my womb like abode and listen to tab casts, talk to myself in the mirror, brood for company, and check my mail diligently to see if people still find me attractive.

I'm too great to begin. My inflated sense of self keeps me feeling satisfied in solitude. A mock confidence is created by avoiding unnecessary confrontation. I perfect myself at home. But the fact is that when I embark on a new path, I am not great. I cannot admit to myself that all I can do is entry level work. My confidence crumbles, but I act like it is hubris. I cannot commit to being close to other sims or to committing to a relationship because for me that is looking at my fragile ego under a microscope rather than through a telescope.

As it were, it is to put the pretty dress on but never take it off. To not seek approval of the sim, but rather of the facade.

Post edited by Simsalot99 on
  • Options
    @igazor In effect, the sim never became a mother.

However, maybe in some existential crisis of expanding outward vs inward the sim harvested a baby from the garden. Dad could be kept in a pot in the living room. (Should I keep the child small forever?? Bad mother 101.)

Now, just what does this all mean if autonomy is turned off? That's where you get paid by the hour. :D
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Not in the mood for doing laundry or tired of leaving your clothes on the floor?

Problem solved: Never purchase a laundry basket or a washing machine.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Now, just what does this all mean if autonomy is turned off? That's where you get paid by the hour. :D

(snaps notebook shut) From a practical standpoint, there is no need to succumb to the scenario where you must work an entry level job in order to be able to contribute to society properly, even if it seems to you like that is what society is demanding. That's partially what institutions of higher learning (e.g., Sims University) are for; the many degrees that you can work towards place you higher up a starting out job ladder than that, they aren't merely for wall decorations. Many of the delusions you have spent great amounts of time and energy devising for yourself, and I know to you they seem real but they are still just that -- delusions -- are nothing other than a more sophisticated version of a child who will go to any lengths they possibly can to avoid doing their homework or household chores. You might at some juncture just stop it and do what society dictates you must do, even if "you don't wanna." One of the values you were supposed to have been taught in that high school of yours that you don't remember is that there is tremendous value in seemingly senseless conformity.

You have a very deep-rooted and unhealthy fear of the Future and what it may bring. Such severe irrational fears may stem from a combination of chemical imbalances as well as emotional ones. There is no shame to be had in any of this and I'm going to prescribe some herbs that may help. (scribbles some illegible stuff on a pad, tears off the page and hands it over) You can fill this prescription at any grocery store. You also may wish to acquire a plumbot, a hover board, and a food synthesizer, as surrounding yourself with futuristic accoutrements may gradually help ease such transitions.

You may find yourself a bit less likely to waste all day sitting around in your undergarments contemplating your awesomeness if you were to force yourself to be outside in the elements more often. There is a Community Garden down the road from your house. I strongly suggest that you work it for at least one to two sim hours each day. You will find the experience and the forced changes of clothing involved to be most therapeutic. Adopting a pet and taking it for long walks each day may also be very helpful.

As for your having blocked all real memories of your parents and childhood, something traumatic must have happened back then to cause this to happen such as accepting dares to Divide By Zero too many times and at too young an age to handle them well. I cannot assist you with that, such would be beyond my ability to help. But I have a colleague who is a professional coder and specializes in Digital Disorders, and will make a referral so that you can get the help that you require under their care.

Stop eating so much over-processed cereal. It's not doing you any good.

That will be §450, please pay the cashier on your way out.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    :D@igazor Sims Personality and Behavioral Assessment Index 1

Please select the answer that most applies.

Question 1

Woohooing in the shower:

a) saves time
    b) romantic
    c) codependent/enmeshed (sell the juice bar, guys)
    d) gets me some

Question 2

Doing Laundry:

a) waste of time
    b) wearing freshly washed clothing is a joy of life
    c) keeps me occupied
    d) what's laundry?

Question 3

Newspaper delivery:

a) cancel delivery
    b) recycling makes me feel good / leave it for my horse
    c) keep one on hand for werewolves
    d) let the papers pile up until I gag every time I walk out the door

Question 4

I play an instrument:

a) I do not play an instrument
    b) for my own personal enjoyment / betterment
    c) for money
    d) to be the center of attention at parties

Question 5

I tend my garden:

a) I do not have a garden
    b) faithfully
    c) for money
    d) to watch the zombies rip it up
    Post edited by Simsalot99 on
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Woohooing in the shower:

a) saves time
    It's really difficult to answer that question if one of the options is so obviously true. Filling up three need bars in a time that is shorter than it usually takes for one of them? Yes, please.
  • Options
    :o@Turjan You know how this works. There is not enough data to assess the sim in question unless they divulge how they feel about their garden and their instrument.

Take it from a sim that became bff's with a dachshund named Freud while in the middle of a divorce. ;)
  • Options
    If we ignore the innuendo for a moment, the garden answer would be e) "watch it die an agonizing death" until we get to f) "learn how to build a plumbot and have it deal with that annoying task". Which also works for questions 2 and 3, if we don't choose a) or e) "buy a magical bottomless hamper and do laundry every few years", respectively. And regarding the instrument, it's d), which may provide access to solving question 1.
  • Options
    :D@Turjan Sim appears to be utilitarian, minimalist, self serving, with a tendency to not conform to questionnaire. (Original version of of the SPBA included having someone else do the work or get a machine as part of Question 5, answer a.) Note for future versions: Add e) other, explain, though for statistical purposes dilutes the data. Utilitarian approach to woohoo. Benefits from the labor of others or utilizes technology while pursuing primitive needs of self. Music used as a tool to serve these needs rather than a form of enjoyment. Sim should seek more joy in life. Try a ExtraordinAIRe-Inator.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Dunno about you guys, but I never sit down when on the phone! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Simsalot99 :lol: Well, I object to the later statements. Making friends is also a source of joy (even if everyone and the Grim Reaper starts calling you for dates), and from a purely mechanical point of view, both, the shower woohoo and playing the guitar are sources of joy, whatever the ultimate goals behind the act are. The fun meter doesn't lie. Also, my sim doesn't loiter where the old newspapers lie, those are for the paparazzi to enjoy. Whether toiling in the garden is a source of enjoyment in this game escapes me at the moment. Watching a sim do this a whole day at least isn't.

In principle, having others - preferably lots of others - do the work for you is the rock on which our economic system is built. I tried with several plumbots, and it worked in principle, although having that many plants makes life irritatingly slow. Oh, and plumbots are the only family members you can sell. For a tidy profit, no less.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Turjan Selling family members for profit.... here I thought having a potted plant for a dad was bad. (Goes to rummage through garbage can for scrap to eat.)
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I used to need to go to the toilet, but now I don´t.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited December 2019
    I’m bored; lets blow up things in the house for fun.

Dating 101 in the Sims. Talk about baby bottles on the first date. No worries your sim’s date won’t run away screaming.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When my toddler became a child, I noticed she was a bit eccentric. So I bought her a workbench and a pile of scrap metal to mess around with. And not some silly toy set so she can play pretend—not only does this thing have a full tool kit, it even has a working set of welding equipment. All she does every day after school is make random stuff.

I'm not worried about the house going up in flames though: I dumped the workbench on the lawn in the backyard. She's set herself on fire a couple of times, but it's fine, she just jumps in the shower I plopped down next to it. She's pretty chill about it for a six year old.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,124 Member
    In our house it's perfectly normal to wash the dishes in the bathroom.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict Children's chemistry sets and science labs really used to contain things like a blowtorch, uranium, radioactive material, cyanide, copper sulfate, potassium nitrate, calcium hypochlorite, iodine.... You couldn't just rough in a shower next to jr, or "plop" a shower along any wall in seconds, no worries about where the pipes are, no saw required, to make things alright. On fire, no problem. Just jump in the shower. Good as new.