Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm impressed with the updates

I have to say that I am really impressed with the latest updates. The last two updates have fixed an enormous amount of bugs. This is what I really like to see. This is definitely a huge turn around from the previous updates earlier in the year. Thanks, and keep up the good work Sims team.

Comments

• Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    They fixed a lot of bugs, that’s been bothering me for a long time. I’m really happy about that :blush:

I’m also so happy with all the new hairs for toddlers and kids! Finally they get some love in the hair department
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I like the update ! All the bug fixes and the free content ! A solid patch.

I don't understand the Baby Yoda thing. It doesn't even have a wacky sims description it's straight up "this is Baby Yoda from The Mandalorian on Disney+". Ok.
    Does that mean Disney canonically exists in the sims universe.

I mean yes get that Disney money, but also why.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The Spellcaster eyes are finally fixed, heck yeah. This opens up a big avenue for customization. I'm thinking eye colors associated with certain family lines? If only they were available for toddlers and kids, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m more excited about patches than packs tbh
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

I don't understand the Baby Yoda thing. It doesn't even have a wacky sims description it's straight up "this is Baby Yoda from The Mandalorian on Disney+". Ok.

Because Star Wars is awesome.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, it's been great. Would've been nice if these fixes had made it to the legacy edition for the 32-bit simmers so that they're at least stuck with a stable game :0

I actually thought the inability to use the bath soaks from Spa Day in shower/tub combos was deliberate, but now they apparently fixed it after so many years. Which is nice, because I use those more often than standalone tubs
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Is the game running a bit more smoother after the update or is it just me?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Mmm, debatable. I personally hate it and don't want it taking up space in my game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have one teen in the household of four teens who keeps refusing to go to school. Not sure if it's patch-related or not. He wasn't cutting school when I played yesterday. Other than that my game is running just fine. Glad things were fixed. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2019
    The roommate one was plaguing me and my sims . Had one sim pass out among all the rotting lobster thermador and roasted chicken's left on the floor. :#

The new music is nice. I really like the new additions.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options

Mmm, debatable. I personally hate it and don't want it taking up space in my game.

Things are going to take up space in the game whether people like them or not. We all have things that we don't want cluttering up our selections. But as long as the choice remains to use it or ignore it, it's better to have things there for those who want it, rather than not having the option at all. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    As an FYI to RoM players, if you were having the bug that made Sages show up as knights, it's been fixed!!! I finally, finally can go to the Realm and see actual Spellcasters again, as the game intended! Oh, glorious patch day! And the eyes are fixed in CAS too!! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm happy with all the bug fixes. However are they actually not aware that sims have been eating spoiled food since Island Living or what?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    As an FYI to RoM players, if you were having the bug that made Sages show up as knights, it's been fixed!!! I finally, finally can go to the Realm and see actual Spellcasters again, as the game intended! Oh, glorious patch day! And the eyes are fixed in CAS too!! <3

Can spellcasters have pointy ears again? The ears went away with the DU-patch and I guess that they are still gone but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm always happy for the things they patch and fix.

I wish they could tone down a bit on the jokes in the patch notes though...it was funny when there was one or two jokes in the old patch notes...these recent patch notes have over 20 jokes...
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Can spellcasters have pointy ears again? The ears went away with the DU-patch and I guess that they are still gone but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

They're still gone. Time to dig out the mod I used to use.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, it would have been nice if these fixes had been available before the switch was made. I feel for those players since the list of fixes in the last two updates is quite extensive. But I wonder if we got these fixes because the game is now supporting 64bit rather than 32bit. Especially since so many of these bugs have been in the game for several years. We're experiencing a rather nasty wind and rain storm today, which wrecked my plans to finish my Christmas shopping this afternoon, so I have my mods folder and the update notes to go through to keep me busy. After going through the patch notes a couple times I can see I won't be needing a number of mods any longer. Which is really good news. The last update allowed me to delete over twenty mods. I am excited to find out how many more I will be able to delete with this newest one, but I will wait a day or two before updating my game. And give the modding community some love, everyone. This is the second big update/patch in a month and many of the mod creators just finished updating their creations after the last batch of bug fixes dropped. If I were a modder, I'm afraid I would be banging my head on my desk in frustration.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I feel like this patch makes it so I can remove quite a few mods now.
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Baby Yoda? I know what it is but didn't see anything in the patch notes, or am I blind?
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I can't update in origin. It says it needs permission from windows and to click yes when pop up comes up, but I get no pop up. I have tried changing user access controls, I have rebooted, I have uninstalled and reinstalled origin, I have turned off my virus control, I even tried running as administrator and nothing works.

Please help.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Agreed. I'm so happy they added the conversions for the toddler and children hair.
  • Options
    KrisadaKrisada Posts: 1 New Member
    I am most exciting for lost harvestable bugs. I'm trying to find what is the cause of my gardening household losing its perfect quality stockpile from refrigerator and flower arranging table, along with bug that prevent me from using it as ingredient unless I move it in and out of inventory first. If quality was the cause f it then it is all make sense now because I try to find solution using my perfect crops! That's why trying new household with wild strawberry works! Oh heaven please let this works!
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited December 2019
    Is it just my game or anyone else noticing food vendors never arrive to the work place after update? They come to the lot, but they don’t come to the bar so it’s impossible to order. I’ve tried bars, university cafeteria and food vendors, same thing everywhere. They just chat with other sims or stand by the door
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Is it just my game or anyone else noticing food vendors never arrive to the work place after update? They come to the lot, but they don’t come to the bar so it’s impossible to order. I’ve tried bars, university cafeteria and food vendors, same thing everywhere. They just chat with other sims or stand by the door

Just tested it, and everything seems to be working fine for me.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sim had the moodlet of wanting to pee but her bladder bar was showing full. :D