Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cypress Shores -available for download with pic story tour

Comments

• Options
    leroy787leroy787 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I really like this i agree its nice i reckon its perfect quality.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited December 2009
    Oops. Sorry splayle. I mixed up forum posts. :(

I'm certainly looking forward to downloading yours as well when it becomes available. Will bookmark this and wait for a link or announcement that it is ready. :)
  • Options
    splaylesplayle Posts: 257 New Member
    edited December 2009
    leroy787 wrote:
    I really like this i agree its nice i reckon its perfect quality.
    *L* I'm not sure about 'perfect' but I sure appreciate the kind comment :) I'm working on the lots now wish should be done over the weekend. Then I can play test it and upload it. I've playtested a bit already and everything seems to be working fine.
  • Options
    starfall56starfall56 Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2009
    I really like what you have put together so far! Can't wait to download!! :D
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2009
    Lisanomilu is a b. I .tch get off the forum.......

NICE WORK! I like it!
  • Options
    cccccccccccc Posts: 707 New Member
    edited December 2009
    It looks a bit messed up how it has a dirt track road, and then a random french, civilized road and bridge? :S
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    At the moment there is not an option for a dirt bridge :P Bridge wise, I made do with what I had. The whole village concept would have been ruined with normal paved roads. So lesser of the evils :wink:
  • Options
    cccccccccccc Posts: 707 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I know, I know :D but id rather have the full town roaded rather than roaded bridges and dirt path roads xD
  • Options
    mitch156mitch156 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Ahhh!! I want it so much!! :lol:
    Well done :)
    Do you have an ETA?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ETA? And I'm hoping to get at least most of the lots done on the weekend so it should be up soon.
  • Options
    mitch156mitch156 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Yay!! I can't wait
    and ETA=Estimated Time of Arrival
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ah, okay!*L* It's be out probably middle of next week or end of it if I find anything buggy in my playtesting
  • Options
    palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited December 2009
    LisaNomiLu wrote:
    valennealv wrote:
    Well I, for one, am in love with this town. It's VERY realistic. And yes, Sunset Valley and Riverview are to empty. This town is full of beautiful objects that make it the town it is! Nice job!

are you kidding? oh my. this does not look realistic, unless you're high on something..
    No simfan made cities can top Riverview and Sunset Valley.
    If this is well put together, I probobly won't be dowloading any cities at all.
    I mean where is everything? I can't see anything that is the town. only lots of colours and strange ..things.

You know? There's constructive feedback, and then there's just being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. You don't like it, fine, but why keep coming back and emphasizing the same point over and over?

And comments like "unless you're high on something..." are FAR from being helpful.

My Feedback: For some reason, these screenshots make me think this town would be extremely rainy. I know we don't have seasons (yet, I hope), but that's they only way to describe it. It's not "gloomy", but there is a subdued quality to the colors.

I think it's an excellent start to a great "mood" town. I'd love to write a story in that town.
  • Options
    Earthangel793Earthangel793 Posts: 188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    splayle wrote:
    it could also be my sense of photography :oops: I have a tendency to go overboard with art photo shots. This is the overall view of the town.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/splayle/Screenshot-8.jpg

*edited for a better pic*
    I think its great and if you add some lots Ill totally dowload it, hey can you answer a question for me? howw do you make the beaches??
  • Options
    Earthangel793Earthangel793 Posts: 188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    valennealv wrote:
    LisaNomiLu wrote:
    valennealv wrote:
    Well I, for one, am in love with this town. It's VERY realistic. And yes, Sunset Valley and Riverview are to empty. This town is full of beautiful objects that make it the town it is! Nice job!

are you kidding? oh my. this does not look realistic, unless you're high on something..
    No simfan made cities can top Riverview and Sunset Valley.
    If this is well put together, I probobly won't be dowloading any cities at all.
    I mean where is everything? I can't see anything that is the town. only lots of colours and strange ..things.

LisaNomiLu, I'm not even gonna bother arguing with you. Wasting my time on a little stuck up snob, like yourself, is pointless.

:lol:

Have fun being negative and such.

wonderful comment, maybe some people should just appreciate others had work I for one know I am no where near that close to finished I still have a skeloton with roads.
  • Options
    Crazyeyes121Crazyeyes121 Posts: 22
    edited December 2009
    My new world is looking excellent .. but i never have enough decorations :/ ..
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    splayle wrote:
    it could also be my sense of photography :oops: I have a tendency to go overboard with art photo shots. This is the overall view of the town.

I think its great and if you add some lots Ill totally dowload it, hey can you answer a question for me? howw do you make the beaches??

Do you mean in the map view, or as a lot? I haven't created a beach lot yet. Most of my ocean/river lots are fishing venues as opposed to beaches.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    My new world is looking excellent .. but i never have enough decorations :/ ..

Awesome. How big a map are you working with? The only worry I have with my hood is it's in a tiny map size so not many houses. I actually went back in yesterday to edit and try to add a few more houses.
  • Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2009
    splayle wrote:

I don't see how you are going to fit the rabbit holes that are needed for the game to play right. for example school, gym, etc.

Does not seem that you could even add that many houses so you may only have a few families be able to move into your town. This will cause your town to be almost dead as far as sims go.
  • Options
    adonay11adonay11 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i think it looks great at the moment, im just not sure about the colour of the mountain/hills at the back, they dont look part of the town
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    As far as rabbitholes go, I wasn't intending to fit them all. I'm very much building a themed hood and a lot of the career rabbitholes aren't going to be there because they don't fit the theme. This town has not been built for career oriented sims. It's for gardeners, artists, writers etc. I do have a school, gym, art, parks gallery, as well as all the PT rabbitholes. Also, it wasn't meant to be a large village so I have ten houses all together, which is all I wanted. It's not meant to be a busy metropolitan town, but a tiny farming village.
  • Options
    twilightsim9twilightsim9 Posts: 4,899 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I think this town looks wonderful. Great job. :-)
  • Options
    twilightsim9twilightsim9 Posts: 4,899 New Member
    edited December 2009
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Lisanomilu is a b. I .tch get off the forum.......

NICE WORK! I like it!

Agreed.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'll be interested to see this finished looks good so far. It's just the sort of town I used to build in The Sims 2 and will probably have a go at in The Sims 3 too!
  • Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2009
    Edited darn quote feature is giving me issues...