Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(PART 7) WHICH SIMS 3'S "LIFESTYLE (2)" TRAITS DO YOU WANT BACK IN SIMS 4?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Which of those traits from Sims 3 in the "Lifestyle" category do you want back in Sims 4? (This category will be divided in 2, thats the second portion of sims 3's lifestyle traits). If you choose "all of the above" or "none of the options", please tell us which one would you want to be added first, and why.

To be able to add 10 options i had to cut some of them. I choose to leave the ones that are similar or that we already have in Sims 4. Those are the ones i left out of the poll:
Paranoid (Present in Sims 3 Wii and 4);
Cultured Sims (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by Art Lover);
Artistic (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by Art Lover);
Bookworm (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Computer Whiz (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by Webmaster, a reward trait);
Genius (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Green Thumb (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by Super Green Thumb, a satisfaction reward trait);
Handy (Turned into a reward trait in Sims 4);
Insane (Replaced in Sims 4 with the Erratic trait);
Natural Cook (Probably replaced in Sims 4 both by Fresh Chef, a reward trait, and Foodie);
Neurotic (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by Paranoid);
Perceptive (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by Observant, a reward trait);
Virtuoso (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by Music Lover);
Athletic (probably replaced in Sims 4 by the Active trait);
Clumsy (present in Sims 3 and 4);
Couch Potato (probably replaced in Sims 4 by the Lazy trait);
Loves to Swim (probably replaced by Child of the Ocean);
Loves Water (probably replaced by Child of the Ocean);
Neat (present in Sims 3 and 4);
Slob (present in SIms 3 and 4);
Immune to Fire (Hidden trait present in Sims 3, probably replaced by the Naturalist trait in Sims 4);
Born salesperson (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by the Marketable reward trait);
Commitment issues (Replaced by Noncommital in Sims 4);
Dislikes children (Replaced by Hates Children in Sims 4);
Diva (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by the Self-Absorbed trait);
Flirty (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by the Romantic trait);
Friendly (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by both the Outgoing trait and the Incredibly Friendly reward trait);
Good sense of humor (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by the Hilarious reward trait);
Great kisser (Present in Sims 4 as a reward trait);
Irresistible (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by the Alluring bonus trait);
Loner (Present in both Sims 3 and 4);
Mean spirited (Replaced by Mean in Sims 4);
Party animal (Probably replaced in Sims 4 by both the Dance Machine trait and the Perfect Host reward trait);
Shy (Probably replaced by Loner in Sims 4);
Snob (Present in both Sims 3 and Sims 4);
Social butterfly (Present in Sims 4 as a child aspiration reward trait);
Unflirty (Present in both Sims 3 and Sims 4);
Ambitious (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Cat Person (Present in Sims 4 as the Cat Lover trait);
Childish (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Dog Person (Present in Sims 4 as the Dog Lover trait);
Evil (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Family Oriented (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Good (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Hot-Headed (Present in Sims 3 and 4);
Kleptomaniac (Present in SIms 3 and 4);
Loves the Outdoor (Replaced by Loves Outdoors in Sims 4);
Night Owl (Limited into being a satisfaction reward trait in Sims 4);
Perfectionist (Present in Sims 3 and Sims 4);
Rebellious (Turned into a childhood phase in Sims 4);
Vegetarian (Present in Sims 3 and Sims 4);
Post edited by Karon on

(PART 7) WHICH SIMS 3'S "LIFESTYLE (2)" TRAITS DO YOU WANT BACK IN SIMS 4? 63 votes

Hates the Outdoors: Sims that hate the outdoors despise being outside and will always remain indoors whenever possible.
3%
gothprincess4evermickimagnum 2 votes
Over Emotional: Those Sims experience greater mood swings than other sims both good and bad things happen to them, They are constantly shedding tears of joy whether it's at a wedding or just their couch watching romantic television.
3%
winkeljohn78invisiblgirl 2 votes
Rebellious: Although present in Sims 4, it is just a childhood phase title. In Sims 3, as a permanent trait: "Rebellious Sims take special pride in putting it to the man. Causing trouble (and getting out of it) is their speciality! Whether they're out after curfew or telling their boss they've had it, they'll no doubt take extra pleasure for it".
30%
alan650111HowGreatThouArtluthienrisingPlumbobCrossingspice3LissyK9LoriTSpSindocatParmaViolet87EvaliynxMarianxstarcrunchDestin2016AllyJean13Demery27ValeahMondayGordyPoppyErstwhile 19 votes
Star Quality: Sims who have Star Quality are destined to be in the spotlight. They have an easier time befriending Celebrities and climbing the ladder to stardom.
0%
Tecnophobe: Technophobe Sims hate television. They will never watch television except in dire circumstances and will always look for an alternative source of entertainment
11%
TeeSeaEnkiSchmidtStephM803KaronperagogoSERVERFRAWallSims4ever 7 votes
Vehicle enthusiast: Vehicle enthusiasts enjoy the craftsmanship of a fine ride and know the value of a dependable vehicle. Their relationship with their vehicles is a special one.
3%
ChadSims2RedShoe7 2 votes
Workaholic: Workaholics love to work and rarely become stressed from working. Their mood suffers when they miss work, but they are able to make it up by working from home. Workaholics make the best employees.
14%
Moon_WillowAlwe1507phantasmkissDevilNDisguiseannaliese39AirakaleListentoToppDoggtHe_silent_HElizaG2016 9 votes
Disdains Dessert (Removed from Sims 3): Sugar and excess calories just aren't for Sims that Disdain Dessert. For these Sims, desserts are off the menu.
0%
All of the above.
33%
crocobauraelanorbretonMariefoxprice83fruitsbasket101BluellevcosleyAquariusMomsmurf45blueKhrisstyneFroiljheyjuneiceBabykittyjadeWaytoomanyUIDsScobreVivi_WillowTreeItsJaniersuvoltaJC1979doublenoodlesRouensims 21 votes
None of the options.
1%
CrazyNinja 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Tecnophobe: Technophobe Sims hate television. They will never watch television except in dire circumstances and will always look for an alternative source of entertainment
    Here is another trait poll, guys!
    @Finbar659 @wrenstales @RebeccaLynn @MMX @notasmokealarm09 @Sindocat @QueenMercy @CK213 @RIP-Troika-Games @PlayerSinger2010 @Amapola76 @trulyoutrageous @Thenyoukissme @IceyJ @ListentoToppDogg @stilljustme2 @ChadSims2 @halloweenchild @HowGreatThouArt @VentusMatt @asimbsim @DoloresGrey @invisiblgirl @friendlysimmers @annaliese39 @kaylin205 @Amapola76 @amber_ilumire @ParmaViolet87 @LiELF @luxsylvan @Ciarassims @Froil @sims929292 @smurfy77 @AfterMidnight @FanPhoria @Iyasenu @Monday @Lustianicia @izecson @Magdaleena @LindsaySeddon1 @Rouenpucelle @storyy @DeafSimmer @Zeldaboy180 @Bloosmoo @Writin_Reg @Babykittyjade

If you don't want me to mention your @ in the next poll, just let me know!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Workaholic: Workaholics love to work and rarely become stressed from working. Their mood suffers when they miss work, but they are able to make it up by working from home. Workaholics make the best employees.
    I've got plenty of "workaholic" Sims who could use that trait. It was one of my most used in TS3.

Hates The Outdoors is a close second for me, then Over Emotional. Ultimately, I think Workaholic wins me over.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Rebellious: Although present in Sims 4, it is just a childhood phase title. In Sims 3, as a permanent trait: "Rebellious Sims take special pride in putting it to the man. Causing trouble (and getting out of it) is their speciality! Whether they're out after curfew or telling their boss they've had it, they'll no doubt take extra pleasure for it".
    I love creating wild sims sometimes and the rebellious trait would be perfect.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Mine was between workaholic and star quality. Workaholic won.
  • Options
    Honestly, I would love to stop my sims from picking their smartphones up all the time. But, my Goths also need this trait since Lolita's death traumatized the entire clan. haha

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Workoholic because that's a great, realistic trait and tecnophobe because I'm tired of sims being obsessed with technology.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Vehicle enthusiast: Vehicle enthusiasts enjoy the craftsmanship of a fine ride and know the value of a dependable vehicle. Their relationship with their vehicles is a special one.
    This was a hard choice between rebellious and vehicle enthusiast I had to go with vehicle enthusiast.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Hates the Outdoors
    This could make for interesting gameplay and I would use it, but it is in part already covered by Paranoid (Strangerville), which gives buffs while being underground.

Over Emotional
    I do not feel we need this, since we already have the extreme emotions. The trait would simply kick the sims into them earlier.

Rebellious
    It's how I play most of my teens and some YAs, and I never felt I needed a trait for it. And for uncontrolled sims their emotional state determines their actions to a far greater degree than their traits, so I feel Rebellious would be useless to me.

Star Quality
    The Get Famous Perks cover this one well enough already. Not 100%, of course.

Tecnophobe
    With talking toilets, the smart speaker and the new robots I see many triggers for this trait, either for moodlets or as targets for sabotage attempts. Also I'm biased here because this trait would be immensely useful in my favorite save which is set in the near future.

Vehicle enthusiast
    My second choice. Realistically this would give the sims what? A positive moodlet whenever they are on their transport? I just found it cute that my car was in the relationship panel (never owned Diesel stuff, so idk what else the trait did).

Workaholic
    I found that useful in Sims 3, but in Sims 4 I rarely ever play the rabbithole careers, because crafting or even work from home both pay more and are more interesting. Also this trait is partially covered by a satisfaction reward trait (don't know the english name, I mean the one that looks like a briefcase).

Disdains Dessert
    I suppose this would be great to simulate certain lifestyles. But few of my sims are into that and I love watching them eat, strange as that sounds, and would not use this trait much.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @EnkiSchmidt The problem for me with hates the outdoors being part of the paranoid trait is that not all sims that dislike being outside are necessarily paranoid, you know?! Some people just dislike being outside, some because they hate the sun heat, some because they hate the insects, etc...
    Also, the vehicle enthusiast is indeed about building relationship with their vehicles. I'm pretty sure they can think about a way to make it more interesting than that, like feeling the urge to buy new vehicles, collect them, etc...

Vehicle Enthusiast Attributes:
    - Vehicle enthusiasts' relationship with their cars decay more slowly each day.
    - Vehicle enthusiasts build relationships with vehicles more quickly.
    - Vehicle enthusiasts like using their car more than carpooling.[confirmation needed]
    - Vehicle enthusiasts only need to ride their cars 8 times to build relationships. Other Sims normally need to ride at least 60 times.
    - Vehicle enthusiasts can name their vehicles without building relationship with them.

I don't think workaholic was only about the rabbithole careers, it applied to school and uni too. I like disdain desserts, but like vegetarian its really annoying as a trait when we only have 3 slots for traits. Maybe they should add the favorites back in SIms 4, but way more detailed than Sims 3. Like, you can say which is your favorite food, but you could also choose "eating/food" perks like being vegetarian, vegan, disdain dessert, celiac, etc...

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Thank you for posting the full info about Vehicle enthusiasts! It seems rather niche, but very cute. Maybe in Sims 4 Vehicle enthusiast sims could get upgrades cheaper because they built them themselves. (I know everyone sais we have too much money already, but only recently one of my sims went to Sulani with six young adults in tow and everyone wanted a fully upgraded aqua zipper... In a roleplay driven save where I cannot "just plop down an easel for everyone and start painting" to get the money back quickly.)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I was torn between workaholic and rebellious. Vehicle enthusiast would be great too when/if we get cars.
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt you're welcome, and I agree. They should expand this trait to encompass the other types of vehicles. Imagine a little kid-sim obsessed with their bikes!!!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Rebellious was an all-time fave, but largely because Rebels were my favorite social group in TS3: University Life. Later, it remained a fave for its utility in lowering chances for teens of getting in trouble from breaking curfew.

How to make it meaningful in TS4 is an open question, I suppose, as many of the related systems are different, but I am still all for subverting the dominant paradigm.
  • Options
    ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    Rebellious. But Vehicle Enthusiast was a close second.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    All of the above.
    The more the merrier. All of them.
  • Options
    mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    Hates the Outdoors: Sims that hate the outdoors despise being outside and will always remain indoors whenever possible.
    Hates Outdoors. 10/10, can relate. :D
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Over Emotional: Those Sims experience greater mood swings than other sims both good and bad things happen to them, They are constantly shedding tears of joy whether it's at a wedding or just their couch watching romantic television.
    I voted over-emotional, but only if it works similar to teen mood swings and overrides other moodlets. However, it should also come with a positive trait that makes these Sims impervious to emotional deaths, because you know we'll have Sims dying all over the place otherwise.

Sort of covered by 'squeamish'. Not sure I'd find this useful.

Never seemed to have much effect beyond the teen years.

Star Quality: Sims who have Star Quality are destined to be in the spotlight. They have an easier time befriending Celebrities and climbing the ladder to stardom.
    Don't have Get Famous and wouldn't take it if offered it free. IMO, celebrities are a (highly annoying) other life form, not regular Sims.

Would be useful if they also hated cell phones and computers. (I thought the trait in S3 did include computers.)

Never had cars in S3. No interest in this one, either in the game or real life.

We sort of have this with the 'responsible' trait from Parenthood, though it doesn't work properly with the newer careers.

Disdains Dessert (Removed from Sims 3): Sugar and excess calories just aren't for Sims that Disdain Dessert. For these Sims, desserts are off the menu.
    I'd prefer a 'healthy lifestyle' trait that makes Sims shun all high-calorie foods and stop eating when they are full, instead of eating until the plate is empty. I think we did have a trait like this in S3, or maybe it was a bonus you could get?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I liked the Workaholic trait in Sims 3, and now that our Sims actually have homework for their jobs, I miss it even more. Let them get their homework done faster, or get promoted faster, or do MORE homework, if that's what they want, and be happy doing it!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    I think Hates the Outdoors and Technophobe could be cool additions in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    All of the above.
    All except vehicle enthusiast. That's probably the only truly useless trait in Sims 3.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs