Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I heard seasons do not work well with this pack...is this true? It's a shame they didn't even think or consider that...they most likely rushed this pack out and didn't even bother.
    They work fine but I am only in spring and it rains a lot.

I heard people are failing classes because of thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was just fine for me. No failed classes, and I had dinner with her family at home after her classes.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SnoppyDooSnoppyDoo Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so upset that I can't play on rotation because I had 5 sims all move into 3 different dorms with a split of 2/2/1 so I decided to play with my 2 of my sims and play through one semester and then switch to the next household for their first semester but changed over and was greeted with the prompt to enroll again and after doing that my sims had earned 3 credits already and an average grade. I wanted to play on rotation as I have two sims that are dating but attending different universities and wanted to play out the story and then for me I always would have said that it was happening at the same time. It is honestly so annoying to have this happen after weeks of thought and planning. If anyone knows how to have a successful rotation play where they don't progress but still are at uni I would love to know. I hope this is changed in a patch but I have a feeling it won't be.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The rostional play issue bothers me. Not going to lie. Seasons not integrating with the calender bothers me too. I think they should add a “Vacation day for students, that way certain holidays would still be honoured cause playing out Winterfest and my sim is in university is silly. Not all holidays need time off of course.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well I got some survey money so I am spending it on it (don't worry didn't cost me a THING)...do surveys and get Gift card credit...And I will see for myself if it's worth it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    Lishacake wrote: »
    My only real complaint so far is that I cannot stand the vendor for the cafeteria because they're the same NPC's that man the vendor stalls. So... they yell a lot. It gets a bit grating as I've popped one in my dorm for convenience's sake.

Yeah I noticed that in a GC video. That animation does not fit a cafeteria at all.

• Options
    logion wrote: »
    My only real complaint so far is that I cannot stand the vendor for the cafeteria because they're the same NPC's that man the vendor stalls. So... they yell a lot. It gets a bit grating as I've popped one in my dorm for convenience's sake.

Yeah I noticed that in a GC video. That animation does not fit a cafeteria at all.

"Step right up come and get your disgusting cafeteria food." xD
  • Options
    lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="SnoppyDoo;c-17314648"]I'm so upset that I can't play on rotation because I had 5 sims all move into 3 different dorms with a split of 2/2/1 so I decided to play with my 2 of my sims and play through one semester and then switch to the next household for their first semester but changed over and was greeted with the prompt to enroll again and after doing that my sims had earned 3 credits already and an average grade. I wanted to play on rotation as I have two sims that are dating but attending different universities and wanted to play out the story and then for me I always would have said that it was happening at the same time. It is honestly so annoying to have this happen after weeks of thought and planning. If anyone knows how to have a successful rotation play where they don't progress but still are at uni I would love to know. I hope this is changed in a patch but I have a feeling it won't be.[/quote]

There is a thread now on the board about rotational play so hopefully that will give some more ideas. Basically it seems like for rotating we are going to have to focus on one student sim at a time (absolutely sucks) or have them all living in one ‘family’ at the same time in a dorm or other housing. So frustrating though because I play weekly (from 6am Sunday-Sunday) with around 8/9 families so rotating around them all is going to be really tricky. I’ll probably just increase my rotation style to 3-4 weeks (depending on how many classes a semester I have the sims take) with aging off for the active household until the final semester of Uni. Which is another thing that’s quiet annoying is the length of time it takes to get a degree. Pretty much eats up the whole of the young adult stage with aging on 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Parties thrown by roommates are lame.
    First one was at 9am in a Sunday and was a bunch of sims chatting in the bathroom. They had Hamburger cake. Gone by 12.
    Second one was 8:45 on a Tuesday morning. A roomie played violin and another brought cookies, despite their being a keg available. These college kids know how to party.

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited November 2019
    SnoppyDoo wrote: »
    I'm so upset that I can't play on rotation because I had 5 sims all move into 3 different dorms with a split of 2/2/1 so I decided to play with my 2 of my sims and play through one semester and then switch to the next household for their first semester but changed over and was greeted with the prompt to enroll again and after doing that my sims had earned 3 credits already and an average grade. I wanted to play on rotation as I have two sims that are dating but attending different universities and wanted to play out the story and then for me I always would have said that it was happening at the same time. It is honestly so annoying to have this happen after weeks of thought and planning. If anyone knows how to have a successful rotation play where they don't progress but still are at uni I would love to know. I hope this is changed in a patch but I have a feeling it won't be.

This is so plum disappointing. Why the hell would they add progression here?? Progression is NO WHERE else in the game. What was the point?? I guess I can 4 class my way through it and be bored so I can get done in one rotation. Definitely waiting for a sale. This is why I was not looking forward to University because I knew they were not going to do right by the rotational players. As soon as it was announced, it was the first thing that I was worried about.
  • Options
    So many of the room-mates keep peeing themselves and being smelly. It's funny, but I've got that bug where sims that shower do so in their clothes. Cleaning outfits with MCCC doesn't always work either, lmao.

My only real complaint so far is that I cannot stand the vendor for the cafeteria because they're the same NPC's that man the vendor stalls. So... they yell a lot. It gets a bit grating as I've popped one in my dorm for convenience's sake.[/quote]

Why would they DO THAT?? Honestly, the lady could have stood there and served food when necessary.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    The pack is actually surprisingly good and I am not the hugest Sims University fan.

Not for rotational players
    How not for rotational players? I do that when I have sims have kids she doesn't have one at the moment.

From my understanding, if you swap dorms your other sims in the other dorm will continue to progress and graduate without you. I hope that makes sense.

I am still trying to confirm if this is only if aging is on but still this is the wrong time to add in progression in my opinion especially when there is no progression any where else.
    I get that but why would you rotational in the middle of college?

I want all my students to stay at the same college semester.

My plans

Each college student takes one class per week. I am on a rotation of 28 days because of seasons. This means each college student would have to go 3 rotations or 3 sim years for me. After my 28 days, I want to rotate to the next set of students. I hope this makes sense.
    It does but the gameplay of how Discover University won't let you do that I guess like I said I only have my sim in college and she is so going to fail.:joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    The pack is actually surprisingly good and I am not the hugest Sims University fan.

Not for rotational players
    How not for rotational players? I do that when I have sims have kids she doesn't have one at the moment.

From my understanding, if you swap dorms your other sims in the other dorm will continue to progress and graduate without you. I hope that makes sense.

I am still trying to confirm if this is only if aging is on but still this is the wrong time to add in progression in my opinion especially when there is no progression any where else.
    I get that but why would you rotational in the middle of college?

I want all my students to stay at the same college semester.

My plans

Each college student takes one class per week. I am on a rotation of 28 days because of seasons. This means each college student would have to go 3 rotations or 3 sim years for me. After my 28 days, I want to rotate to the next set of students. I hope this makes sense.
    It does but the gameplay of how Discover University won't let you do that I guess like I said I only have my sim in college and she is so going to fail.:joy:

Yeah which is why it is not rotational player friendly. Oh well I will figure out something. Maybe I will do a willowcreek group, oasis group etc in one dorm at a time. I am waiting for a sale so I have time to work it all out.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,932 Member
    Well I got some survey money so I am spending it on it (don't worry didn't cost me a THING)...do surveys and get Gift card credit...And I will see for myself if it's worth it.

Of course it cost you. You've earned a gift card that you can spend on the item of your choice . Your choice is to purchase Discover University.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I understand why people would be upset about kids being left out, multiple rabbit holes, and so on... but why are people upset about this? Have you guys never moved into a dorm room?

Also...

DICU1ru.jpg

thought the same thing when I seen the trailer, and Saw this, MOO used to the too much.
    if they made it easier to place more items onto tables, end tables, on top of bookcases ect ect :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I understand why people would be upset about kids being left out, multiple rabbit holes, and so on... but why are people upset about this? Have you guys never moved into a dorm room?

true, normally when you move into a dorm it starts off as empty as this :)

• Options
    Aine wrote: »
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I decided to take a look at the numbers in build/buy and CAS for the EP's and GP's since University seems lacking on build/buy. Just based on the numbers both build/buy and the "best CAS ever" are both below average.
    4b62225dcafffad092612b65cba2826ba57f9a79.png

*Edit - Mistake on my part - Spa Day is Above Average in both areas, image fixed
    It would be neat to include the total amount of new assets in the image aswell - as some packs have more Build buy objects but smaller amount in CAS and vice versa.

yep, noticed all the newest packs have less buy/cas

before i seen this

• Options
    edited November 2019
    So many of the room-mates keep peeing themselves and being smelly. It's funny, but I've got that bug where sims that shower do so in their clothes. Cleaning outfits with MCCC doesn't always work either, lmao.

Its one thing i detest about the sims 4 is the annoying vendors, that are spreading like THE WALKING DEAD.

Especially for university and magic realm.

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m sick and tired of these roommates leaving their food all over the place when there is a fridge and trash can...I need a mod ASAP 😭😭
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I’m sick and tired of these roommates leaving their food all over the place when there is a fridge and trash can...I need a mod ASAP 😭😭

Yes that is the only thing that annoys me too xD they really need to lower the occurrence of neighbors bringing food!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

Can't you get them to pick it up and put in a disposal chute? There's one in Objects that goes on the wall.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

Can't you get them to pick it up and put in a disposal chute? There's one in Objects that goes on the wall.

That’s what I’m asking for. I shouldn’t have to keep picking up the plates over and over just so the sims would stop complaining. They should be doing it themselves....

• Options
    xx8lobo8xxxx8lobo8xx Posts: 23 Member
    > @ksimmies said:
    > My poor sim is failing because I don't understand when they have to send in their presentations and papers.

Mine as well, I wish there was a progress bar like how jobs, after school activities, and grade/high school have so I know if studying will help or not...
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Just finish my first graduation and I'm soooo booored :(
  • Options
    The whole bills thing needs fixed or modded. Students living in University housing shouldn’t have bills. That’s not realistic at all, you pay a fee to move into the dorms and that’s it.

• Options

Of course it cost you. You've earned a gift card that you can spend on the item of your choice . Your choice is to purchase Discover University.

Geez, don't need to be rude, this comment was not necessary...
    I am JUST pointing out I didn't have to spend MY OWN hard earned money...geez.