Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should I bundle with Discover University?

SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
Update: Thanks everyone who voted and commented. I appreciated all your comments.

I had to wait almost half the day to bundle DU. It was well worth the wait. I ended up bundling it with ROM and Moschino. ROM hasn't been intrusive in any way. It almost feels as if I don't have it installed. The only time I encountered something was when I married a townie into my family, he had the ROM aspiration but wasn't a spellcaster, so that was an easy fix.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey gals and guys!

I'm getting DU on released and wanted to bundle it. I have most GPs and EPs. What I don't have outside of these polled options are GP - Strangeville and SPs - Romantic Garden, Luxury Party, My First Pet and Spooky. I'm not really interested in those options. I'm not really interested in Vampires or ROM either, but I need an GP option to bundle so I'm willing to suck it up and get one.

My questions are basically:
1. Which combinations work best together
2. How has the recent mega update fixed issues that were present in these DLCs
Post edited by Simsfreakmaniac on

What should I bundle with Discover University? 58 votes

Vampires &Fitness SP
13%
annaliese39WaytoomanyUIDsChadSims2calipossBehappy1stJasonschick80JC1979meljones 8 votes
Realm of Magic & Moschino SP
46%
alexspoom13PlayerSinger2010Isb917StrangerthanThunderbat87IrdiwenKalaniCoolLustianiciapajamajam07NoTalentpapertongueblueyblueskyLadyKynCheiriPixiefiercephoenix91rjssimSheriSim57ArzekialChazzzyladynight 27 votes
Vampires & Moschino SP
5%
NivyxWillow17CapitolSimmer 3 votes
Realm of Magic & Fitness SP
25%
icmnfrshstoryykerryemmiebethMariefoxprice83graventhefrogkiss1Csibeubi3orangehippogriffdoogerieEnkiSchmidtAarafatLegacyAlanSimstelemwillCherryBerryCloudIAmPianoGirl 15 votes
Other
8%
friendlysimmersduhboy2u2ScobremusteniSERVERFRA 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm bundling with RoM and Moschino because those are the only other 2 packs I don't own yet.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    idk about combination but definitely moschino over fitness stuff for me

I already have vampires so i'll bundle with rom eventually probably
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    If you are interested in neither vampires nor spellcasters, then the choice between those two boils down to which world is better? In this case my vote goes to Glimmerbrook over Forgotten Hollow, because it is more versatile and matchs with already existing worlds (Windenburg and Granite Falls).
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I cannot tell you why I clicked on ROM and Fitness... I love the fitness pack but I meant to choose ROM and Moschino lol.

I think visually/aesthetically for CAS those two really work well together, even though the gameplay is pretty different. The freelance photography career would be a no brainer for some of your more creative Uni Sims, as well as witchcraft for additional storytelling.

The only thing about the patch and these packs are that the Occult eyes that come with ROM do not work unfortunately. There wasn't a fix for it in this patch but I'm sure it'll happen, hopefully soon. That's the only one I know about - to my knowledge they fixed a good amount of bugs from both of those packs. I didn't get to play TOO much last night but when I did all seemed to go smoothly 🤷
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    You could also just get both SPs and wait on the GP :) Something with fitness and something with creativity will fit in nicely with University so if that's an option for you maybe consider it! But I understand you want to bundle... so maybe not lol
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Moschino over Fitness cause it adds more gameplay. (If you don't really care about the gameplay feature of Moschino and enjoy more Build/Buy, then get Fitness, cause the furniture in this pack is amazing)

RoM over Vampires cause, considering you don't care for occults, RoM is much more usable. (Glimmerbrook is much more normal than Forgotten Hollow and the CAS/BB is much more versatile as well). Plus, you could give spellcasters a try, it's very fun.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Fitness has way more stuff. I use the walls and or floors in almost every build. The windows from moschino are the only thing I used and that got old real quick. The game play is tedious imo. I tried doing the career but it physically makes me sick. I get nauseous moving the camera in out and around. Same thing with paint from reference and the pet gram thing. lol it's weird.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yeah, those 2. The vampire pack is utterly worthless now.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Vampires &Fitness SP
    If you're not interested in Vampires or ROM and just need a game pack for the bundle its best to get Vampires from what I've seen ROM is a very intrusive pack while its pretty easy to avoid your town being overrun with vampires.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Glimmerbrook is a prettier town than forgotten Hollow, and I like the furniture better. But if you want spooky or scary, you might want vampires instead. I happen to like seeing my witches on their broomsticks....lol. But seeing vampires turn into bats is cute too ( though I haven’t really played a vampire yet). I like both moschino stuff and fitness stuff. But moschino stuff comes with an active type of job (photographer). Whereas fitness stuff mainly comes with the rock climber machine and earbuds. I think fitness stuff may come with mor CAS items too.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'm bundling with RoM and Moschino because those are the only other 2 packs I don't own yet.

Have fun with your bundled packs!
    Simmingal wrote: »
    idk about combination but definitely moschino over fitness stuff for me

I already have vampires so i'll bundle with rom eventually probably

What do you like in particular about moschino?

If you are interested in neither vampires nor spellcasters, then the choice between those two boils down to which world is better? In this case my vote goes to Glimmerbrook over Forgotten Hollow, because it is more versatile and matchs with already existing worlds (Windenburg and Granite Falls).

Oooh, I didn't even think of that aspect. Thanks for perspective.
    storyy wrote: »
    I cannot tell you why I clicked on ROM and Fitness... I love the fitness pack but I meant to choose ROM and Moschino lol.

I think visually/aesthetically for CAS those two really work well together, even though the gameplay is pretty different. The freelance photography career would be a no brainer for some of your more creative Uni Sims, as well as witchcraft for additional storytelling.

The only thing about the patch and these packs are that the Occult eyes that come with ROM do not work unfortunately. There wasn't a fix for it in this patch but I'm sure it'll happen, hopefully soon. That's the only one I know about - to my knowledge they fixed a good amount of bugs from both of those packs. I didn't get to play TOO much last night but when I did all seemed to go smoothly 🤷

Do you have to select an occult eye for a spellcaster. If I ever test a spellcaster out, I definitely wouldn't want to encounter graphical glitches (those thing freak me out). Great to know your play was smooth last night.
    Moschino over Fitness cause it adds more gameplay. (If you don't really care about the gameplay feature of Moschino and enjoy more Build/Buy, then get Fitness, cause the furniture in this pack is amazing)

RoM over Vampires cause, considering you don't care for occults, RoM is much more usable. (Glimmerbrook is much more normal than Forgotten Hollow and the CAS/BB is much more versatile as well). Plus, you could give spellcasters a try, it's very fun.

Do you get townie spellcasters popping up all over?
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Fitness has way more stuff. I use the walls and or floors in almost every build. The windows from moschino are the only thing I used and that got old real quick. The game play is tedious imo. I tried doing the career but it physically makes me sick. I get nauseous moving the camera in out and around. Same thing with paint from reference and the pet gram thing. lol it's weird.

That sounds awful for you. The photography skills does pique my interest. I've tried it before with the items that came from GTW but I never played out a sim as photographer.

Arzekial wrote: »

Worthless because of the bugs? Did the patch not fix many game-breaking issues?
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    If you're not interested in Vampires or ROM and just need a game pack for the bundle its best to get Vampires from what I've seen ROM is a very intrusive pack while its pretty easy to avoid your town being overrun with vampires.

In what way do you find ROM intrusive. All my reading on the forum normally has Vampires as being more intrusive. I know the team reduced the frequency of night time attacks though.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Glimmerbrook is a prettier town than forgotten Hollow, and I like the furniture better. But if you want spooky or scary, you might want vampires instead. I happen to like seeing my witches on their broomsticks....lol. But seeing vampires turn into bats is cute too ( though I haven’t really played a vampire yet). I like both moschino stuff and fitness stuff. But moschino stuff comes with an active type of job (photographer). Whereas fitness stuff mainly comes with the rock climber machine and earbuds. I think fitness stuff may come with mor CAS items too.

I don't really want spooky or scary at all. Thats why these packs were never brought but the enticement of getting DU and other DLC for a reduced overall price is too much. Do you see witches on brooms even when not playing as a spellcaster? The active career of M is also very enticing.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Other
    I know you said you aren't interested in the other options but I'd personally bundle Romantic Garden and Moschino. The plants from RG I use nearly every build, and Moschino, while I absolutely hate most of the clothing that comes with it, oddly enough, it came with some build items I really like.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I know you said you aren't interested in the other options but I'd personally bundle Romantic Garden and Moschino. The plants from RG I use nearly every build, and Moschino, while I absolutely hate most of the clothing that comes with it, oddly enough, it came with some build items I really like.

Can you bundle two SPs? This is the first time I would be using the bundle feature. I was always under the impression that it had to be EP, GP and SP together.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

Vampires no longer break in and feed. You just get a late night visitor now and then. Super exciting. They act just like regular sims now.

So, yeah I'd recommend RoM and pretty much anything else.

• Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Basically unless you invite it to happen now, neither vampires or spellcasters will become intrusive, unless (for vampires) you start researching vampire lore and mucking about in vampire stuff, or (for spellcasters) you go to the Magic Realm (whereupon the game will start pulling random existing Sims and generating new ones to become spellcasters and it REALLY likes to yoink my mermaids and demermaidify them solely to fill a stupidspellcasterquotathatIneveragreedto!!!). They both operate like normal Sims now. Strangerville also doesn't become intrusive unless you're actively trying to solve the Strangerville mystery, and has some nice CAS items and neat Victorian styled BB items.

I'd look at the items that come in the GPs you don't have, and see which ones you like the look of the most. Because honestly it sounds like the items will be what you're most likely to make use of, and they all have different styles to them.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    For the Stuff Pack, I recommend Moschino Stuff. The system for photos, the items, and just how useful it is far outweighs Fitness Stuff, even if you do not take photos of your Sims and document their life in a generational thing.

Game Pack, I dare say Realm of Magic due to the build/buy objects. However, the actual gameplay, much like Island Living, is less than stellar.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    @Simsfreakmaniac
    I personally have not seen witches use their broomsticks anywhere but the magic realm, though mine ( the twin witches I made, one a good witch, one a bad witch) have used them in Glimmerbrook. I do not want to use the broom stick in other worlds (at least not so far) because I believe witches should be something that only use their broom sticks, wands etc. around other witches, or, if they are visiting someone they want to use a spell or potion on, after all witches have been known to be burned at the stake. 😉

I haven’t played a whole lot since realm of magic came out though and I do play rotationally. With witches ( that you play) you can set them to use their broomstick ( and wands) all the time for traveling or only when you want them to. And I have read that if you don’t want to play with witches, and don’t want them to affect your play, just don’t visit the magic realm (and I assume don’t play the premade witch families either). I love the furniture, most of it is very useable anywhere you want older, beautiful furniture. A few pieces ( like cabinets with potions ) are more witch inspired, but could also be used by an archeologist, herbalist, collectors etc., there is one beautiful cabinet you can put things in, I assume you could put crystal, dolls, or clutter in it if you want to ( or potions) The bed and dresser are really beautiful, the kitchen and bathroom stuff is very pretty too. I also like the build stuff too. The windows have several choices ( some more witch inspired, but they also have a more plain version of the same window too). When it comes to furniture, the vampire furniture seems less useful to me, I wish they had included a more normal organ with the vampire pack, but I guess you could use the monstrosity that came with it in a church (I have thought about doing that). I think this time around with ROM ( rather than Vampires) they thought out furniture and a world to live in that could be used by a perfectly normal sim.

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited November 2019
    Other
    I can only recommend based on my own preferences and from your list that would be Vampires and Romantic Garden. I don't have ROM yet, so don't know how that compares to Vampires. I'm thinking that vampires probably feel a bit more specific whereas ROM could be incorporated to everyday life easier. Style-wise Forgotten Hollow is my favourite of what we have and same goes for the CAS and build/buy.

Romantic Garden comes with useful flowers and a wishing well that can be nice if you're looking for something unexpected to happen (you could end up with a ghost child or a ten point skill for example). I used to also like the big fountain where sims can play in, but with Seasons it's a bit weird sometimes when they do it in the winter... so I would think carefully where to place that one. I also have Fitness Stuff and it's okay but not something I would recommend, unless you're really into the style/gameplay. The furniture isn't bad! I don't have Moschino pack because I'm not that interested in spending time behind the camera in game. I don't like the style in that pack either.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    ROM & Moschino had leaned more toward fitness as I really enjoy the furniture and decor with that pack, plus my sims do get use out of the work out videos when the weather is bad and they just stay in, but I really enjoy the multi-picture frames in Moschino as well as the digital one. Gives a nice difference when I put photos on the wall. CAS for Moschino is definitely weak and Fitness I can use more often with my sims.

If you're not into occult related stuff I do see the world for ROM as well as the furniture and CAS very good for pretty normal gameplay. Much as I love Vampires it definitely had a more dark theme to it. I do like the decor here since I love the decals for cracks and torn wallpaper to make homes look more run down.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I don't see spellcasters doing magical stuff or using brooms outside the Magic Realm. But you will for sure see vampires walking around and sneaking out your door.
  • Options

Vampires no longer break in and feed. You just get a late night visitor now and then. Super exciting. They act just like regular sims now.

So, yeah I'd recommend RoM and pretty much anything else.

Oh, lol. I get you. I can see how that would be disappointing. Thanks for your suggestion!!
    I'm gonna have this dilemma too on Friday. I'm missing a lot of game and stuff packs though. Probably going to get Fitness Stuff or Moschino and Strangerville. Not interested in vampires or spellcasters. But looking at your choices, I'd go with RoM and Fitness. I feel like spellcasters won't be as immersive breaking as vampires if you don't care for supernatural stuff since you only see the spellcasting in the Magic Realm (at least that's what I've read) and you can simply avoid that area.

What a dilemma to have :D Strangerville promo videos were too freaky (those eyes ***cringe***) I'm so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that that's how they brought back the military career.
    Keidra wrote: »
    Basically unless you invite it to happen now, neither vampires or spellcasters will become intrusive, unless (for vampires) you start researching vampire lore and mucking about in vampire stuff, or (for spellcasters) you go to the Magic Realm (whereupon the game will start pulling random existing Sims and generating new ones to become spellcasters and it REALLY likes to yoink my mermaids and demermaidify them solely to fill a stupidspellcasterquotathatIneveragreedto!!!). They both operate like normal Sims now. Strangerville also doesn't become intrusive unless you're actively trying to solve the Strangerville mystery, and has some nice CAS items and neat Victorian styled BB items.

I'd look at the items that come in the GPs you don't have, and see which ones you like the look of the most. Because honestly it sounds like the items will be what you're most likely to make use of, and they all have different styles to them.

That sucks about your mermaids. I like Strangerville for the military career but don't want to see those freaky eyes that came with that pack. Looking at all the items is my next step to decide.
    NoTalent wrote: »
    For the Stuff Pack, I recommend Moschino Stuff. The system for photos, the items, and just how useful it is far outweighs Fitness Stuff, even if you do not take photos of your Sims and document their life in a generational thing.

Game Pack, I dare say Realm of Magic due to the build/buy objects. However, the actual gameplay, much like Island Living, is less than stellar.

I like that aspect of moschino SP too. I might play it once, like I did with IL.
    musteni wrote: »
    I can only recommend based on my own preferences and from your list that would be Vampires and Romantic Garden. I don't have ROM yet, so don't know how that compares to Vampires. I'm thinking that vampires probably feel a bit more specific whereas ROM could be incorporated to everyday life easier. Style-wise Forgotten Hollow is my favourite of what we have and same goes for the CAS and build/buy.

Romantic Garden comes with useful flowers and a wishing well that can be nice if you're looking for something unexpected to happen (you could end up with a ghost child or a ten point skill for example). I used to also like the big fountain where sims can play in, but with Seasons it's a bit weird sometimes when they do it in the winter... so I would think carefully where to place that one. I also have Fitness Stuff and it's okay but not something I would recommend, unless you're really into the style/gameplay. The furniture isn't bad! I don't have Moschino pack because I'm not that interested in spending time behind the camera in game. I don't like the style in that pack either.

RG always seemed pointless to me when I looked at it's options. If I get that pack it would probably be in some super sale. I just don't see the point of the wishing well. I also don't do a lot of landscaping when building (because I suck at it). So that pack seems like a waste. I liked the fact that sims can work out using the tv with the Fitness pack.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    ROM & Moschino had leaned more toward fitness as I really enjoy the furniture and decor with that pack, plus my sims do get use out of the work out videos when the weather is bad and they just stay in, but I really enjoy the multi-picture frames in Moschino as well as the digital one. Gives a nice difference when I put photos on the wall. CAS for Moschino is definitely weak and Fitness I can use more often with my sims.

If you're not into occult related stuff I do see the world for ROM as well as the furniture and CAS very good for pretty normal gameplay. Much as I love Vampires it definitely had a more dark theme to it. I do like the decor here since I love the decals for cracks and torn wallpaper to make homes look more run down.

The clothes from the fitness back do look nice. Those dark mode of the vampires do look mighty dark. I can see myself using those wallpapers maybe once.
    I don't see spellcasters doing magical stuff or using brooms outside the Magic Realm. But you will for sure see vampires walking around and sneaking out your door.

Thanks for this feedback! This was exactly the type of info that helps with making my decision. Thanks for commenting.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2019
    Vampires &Fitness SP
    While I haven't played ROM yet, only Vampires (which I thoroughly enjoy) I have watched several reviews, critical and favourable, and lets plays involving it. And to me, Vampires seems far better than Realm of Magic. IMO the gameplay of ROM looks far less enjoyable and balanced and everything is almost handed to you on a plate. Although the magic overload is a neat mechanic. If I ever bought ROM I would have to use all those mods that make magic less OP and more interesting.

Moschino seems a waste of money, even for the photography career as there are mods that seem to do it better (unless you are on a console). And the clothes look worse than those with Katy Perry's House of Pain.

Also "Magic HQ" is a ridiculous name for a seat of magic and its a sloppily designed and rather boring building.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other
    university and pets
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other
    Anything except Moschino. It is still a buggy mess than makes RoM ones seem tame. Pretty much all the GPs are good. If you don't care for having an occult at all, then Strangerville. Romantic Garden is a really nice for decorating outside. Fitness is nice for bathroom and CAS. Personally I think Moschino, My First Pet, and Spooky are the worst Sims 4 packs out of all the EPs, GPs, and SPs. Not a lot of game changers were impressed by those packs either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller