Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is going on?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I can understand that as modders make amazing things I just don't care for the hassle as long as the game is in development.

this right here, this is the sole reason why modders are necessary these days! if a game is still in developement they have no right to charge us full price as if it is a finished product -.- this is just one of the blights that plague gaming these days and it baffles me people actually buy into this nonsense. it might not be as bad as crud like lootboxes but i sincerely hope this whole half-finished game selling nonsense is next on the hitlist of regulation because it is very customer-unfriendly. i pay for a finished game, not for a BETA game

Seems they tend to blame mods all they can and not blame the actual game (which it is mostly it most of the time)

Mods are not EA's burden to maintain though. The people who make mods themselves always warn that you need to remove mods before updating or it could cause problems. Mods are awesome but are almost always the culprit of any big issue you'd have with your game after an update. This game has NEVER been unplayable for me unless I left in a mod that was not compatible with a new update.

I was saying people blame the mods for breaking the game when it is in fact the game in the first place.

Ohh right :p well everyone is free to believe what they want i suppose ^_^ if they want to be scammed by EA it is their choice. if modders would stop i would love to see how the game would turn out XD i myself cannot even imagine myself playing without them anymore since i would be bored and extremely annoyed with the bugs and stupid mechanics like for example the dancing celebrity nightmare within a few minutes. not to mention the dead town.

-nod- I can't play this game without mods..so I am VERY thankful for mods.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I can understand that as modders make amazing things I just don't care for the hassle as long as the game is in development.

this right here, this is the sole reason why modders are necessary these days! if a game is still in developement they have no right to charge us full price as if it is a finished product -.- this is just one of the blights that plague gaming these days and it baffles me people actually buy into this nonsense. it might not be as bad as crud like lootboxes but i sincerely hope this whole half-finished game selling nonsense is next on the hitlist of regulation because it is very customer-unfriendly. i pay for a finished game, not for a BETA game

Seems they tend to blame mods all they can and not blame the actual game (which it is mostly it most of the time)

Mods are not EA's burden to maintain though. The people who make mods themselves always warn that you need to remove mods before updating or it could cause problems. Mods are awesome but are almost always the culprit of any big issue you'd have with your game after an update. This game has NEVER been unplayable for me unless I left in a mod that was not compatible with a new update.

I was saying people blame the mods for breaking the game when it is in fact the game in the first place.

I know that is what you were saying. Outdated mods DO break the game! It just happened to me this week.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am thankful that most of the mods I use have already been updated. It wouldn't be as much fun without mods. I am probably unusual in that I enjoy all the excitement involved in updating, including going through my mods folder. I do try to keep it small and manageable though.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    everyone who knows what they are doing know outdated mods break the game if you do not remove them prior to patching. if someone fails to do what modders clearly instruct you to do if a patch is released it is their own fault, not the mod's.

this has nothing to do with all the many glitches and bugs which were already in the game. and don't say there arent because EA is famous (or should i say notorious) for releasing bug-infested games which they never fix properly
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I am thankful that most of the mods I use have already been updated. It wouldn't be as much fun without mods. I am probably unusual in that I enjoy all the excitement involved in updating, including going through my mods folder. I do try to keep it small and manageable though.

I used to hate it in Sims 3 but it's not been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be this time. Mind you, I've got far fewer mods for Sims 4 and I've got none of the big ones. a056.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    telemwill wrote: »

same here. i do not find it fun but mehh it is usually done within a few minutes and they indeed make the game so much more enjoyable. if left vanilla for example the premade townies are about as bland as housedecorations: they never fall in love, they never get married, have kids yada yada, they are just background fodder untill they die.

and god do i love mods like the no reacting in disgust, the one i have which disables the watch celebs dancing garbage and fixeruppers like that which disable the really annoying game mechanics.

on a sidenote tho: i have to give kudos for this patch for FINALLY allowing us to lock computer usage!! because god was it annoying that visitors would just head for the computer all the times and basically sticking to it like glue untill they leave. so yeah credit given where it is due to maxis devs
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    everyone who knows what they are doing know outdated mods break the game if you do not remove them prior to patching. if someone fails to do what modders clearly instruct you to do if a patch is released it is their own fault, not the mod's.

this has nothing to do with all the many glitches and bugs which were already in the game. and don't say there arent because EA is famous (or should i say notorious) for releasing bug-infested games which they never fix properly

You are 100% correct on that one. Modders clearly state how to properly use their mods if people can't follow those simple instructions that is on them. Like you, I cannot play without the mods I use which is why when I know there is a patch incoming I turn my Origin to offline mode. This allows me to continue playing the current version until modders update the mods to work with the current patch level. Thankfully, I never wait more thatn a day or so. Once I know all the mods I use are up to date I remove the folder, delte caches, patch my game, redownload updated mods, and install. I've never had any issues. Though I did exprience the stuttering and lag the OP wrot about. As I was playing I received a message that Origin had a critical update that needed to be downloaded. I got off my game, updated and reloaded. All was fine and that stuttering stopped. So for the OP, have you tried that?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I used to hate it in Sims 3 but it's not been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be this time. Mind you, I've got far fewer mods for Sims 4 and I've got none of the big ones.

well in my own opinion the Sims 3 was enjoyable enough on it's own tho i did use Story progression, Master Controller and errortrap to fix bugs and so non-active sims would progress, get married and have kids and so on, and Twallan was usually pretty fast with updates so i never had any issues with the mods i used for TS 3.

but yeah coming from TS 3 i just would get bored of 4 without modswhile in ts 3 apart from the bugfixing mods and SP it was never really necessary to mod the game because there was so much to do and the town was actually alive and interesting on it'sa own.

• Options
    well in my own opinion the Sims 3 was enjoyable enough on it's own tho i did use Story progression, Master Controller and errortrap to fix bugs and so non-active sims would progress, get married and have kids and so on but yeah coming from TS 3 i just would get bored of 4 without modswhile in ts 3 apart from the bugfixing mods and SP it was never really necessary to mod the game because there was so much to do and the town was actually alive and interesting on it'sa own

Sims 3 is lovely, isn't it? I play both quite regularly (still make careers for Sims 3, in fact). I've got most of the big ones for various bug fixing and annoyances but I recently got rid of SP since it drove me nuts a050.gif I prefer making my own story progression (I'm a rotational player) so that elemtn of Sims 3 never suited me but it does in 4. Hence not needing/wanting the bigger mods in 4.
    It's fascinating how others enjoy their games and what they look for though <3
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    well in my own opinion the Sims 3 was enjoyable enough on it's own tho i did use Story progression, Master Controller and errortrap to fix bugs and so non-active sims would progress, get married and have kids and so on but yeah coming from TS 3 i just would get bored of 4 without modswhile in ts 3 apart from the bugfixing mods and SP it was never really necessary to mod the game because there was so much to do and the town was actually alive and interesting on it'sa own

Sims 3 is lovely, isn't it? I play both quite regularly (still make careers for Sims 3, in fact). I've got most of the big ones for various bug fixing and annoyances but I recently got rid of SP since it drove me nuts a050.gif I prefer making my own story progression (I'm a rotational player) so that elemtn of Sims 3 never suited me but it does in 4. Hence not needing/wanting the bigger mods in 4.
    It's fascinating how others enjoy their games and what they look for though <3

true, ts 3 doesn't get old :) i am also still playing it and it keeps me entertained for hours still :D something TS 4 hasn't managed anymore since Get together, which is the only pack in TS 4 i do giove praise: the club system is amazing imo!

that was the beauty of MC ^_^ i could just do things like hooking up Lisa Bunch and VJ and ofc Morty and Bella (tho Morty and Kaylynn Langerak make far more gorgeous babies ;) ) i myself am not that much of a rotational player anymore. used to do that in ts 3 but in ts 4 i found it to be a pain since sims in my rotation if left unattended would flirt with the hideous random townie hipster grandpas so i just stick to one family now -.- and yeah….TS 4 is a very lackluster experience, especially compared to TS 3, without mods

• Options
    in ts 4 i found it to be a pain since sims in my rotation if left unattended would flirt with the hideous random townie hipster grandpas

That conjured up a funny image a050.gif
    I haven't personally found Sims 4 lackluster, since it's got everything I've wanted in it. Mind you, I prefer the happier, cheerful gameplay so perhaps that's why it suits me <3
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I agree that there are bugs that pop up a lot. This recent patch addressed many of those. I am very aware of removing mods but sometimes it's a step by step process to find out which mod is causing issues if you have many mods like I do. Not all modders instantly know if their mod is outdated unless they do a little investigating. I always remove my mods in chunks and try to read updates from the modders' mouths on whether they are updated to the newest patch but often you have to figure it out yourself. I agree EA really should have fixed more bugs in Sims 3 especially. I have to use Nraas mods to fix many things never resolved with that game.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    in ts 4 i found it to be a pain since sims in my rotation if left unattended would flirt with the hideous random townie hipster grandpas

That conjured up a funny image a050.gif
    I haven't personally found Sims 4 lackluster, since it's got everything I've wanted in it. Mind you, I prefer the happier, cheerful gameplay so perhaps that's why it suits me <3

ahh i see :) stands to reason then. i myself enjoy a vibrant living town, cruising around town without dozens of load screens (i used to be a very outgoing player in TS 3 but in TS 4 i am more and more becoming a hermit since there is no real reason to go out the door...) and just overall better gameplay imo. literally the only things in 4 i like are the club system, vampires, the DJ skill and Morgan Fyres <3 everything else is just done better in TS 3

• Options
    ahh i see :) stands to reason then. i myself enjoy a vibrant living town, cruising around town without dozens of load screens (i used to be a very outgoing player in TS 3 but in TS 4 i am more and more becoming a hermit since there is no real reason to go out the door...) and just overall better gameplay imo. literally the only things in 4 i like are the club system, vampires, the DJ skill and Morgan Fyres <3 everything else is just done better in TS 3

Yeah, see my Sims 3 never felt vibrant or living. I actually feel like my Sims 4 towns are a050.gif I can definitely understand though, if you've come from Sims 3's open neighbourhood, the semi-open worlds in Sims 4 could be frustrating. They've never bothered me (I prefer them, to be honest) but then we're all different and looking for different things <3
  • Options
    I agree EA really should have fixed more bugs in Sims 3 especially. I have to use Nraas mods to fix many things never resolved with that game.

exactly, and expect the same for TS 4 once they had enough and prepare for the next sims game. they milk the players untill they notice too many people lose interest and then they ditch the game for another, leaving it up to modders to pick up their pieces, but heck ^_^ at least TS 3 is very well playable now because most issues can now be fixed with mods :p

• Options
    edited November 2019

Yeah, see my Sims 3 never felt vibrant or living. I actually feel like my Sims 4 towns are a050.gif I can definitely understand though, if you've come from Sims 3's open neighbourhood, the semi-open worlds in Sims 4 could be frustrating. They've never bothered me (I prefer them, to be honest) but then we're all different and looking for different things <3

maybe not as much as with Nraas SP but in ts 3 sims would get promoted, fall in love and rarely even have babies (tho it almost never happens with EA SP). in TS 4 they don't do anything at all, it's Always the same old bunch of sims showing up, usually eventually surpressed by the growing infestation called random generated garbage sims. semi-open worlds wouldn't bother me as much if at least the lots in the neighbourhood you're in were all accessable instead of just one single lot. as for the townies, well....they are just there…. at least in ts 3 you could be at home and still you would see Lisa and VJ causing trouble around town while Nancy and Vita were having a fight at the library and further at the diner Balir, Emma and Cyclone were having a snack and a chat. in TS 4 if i am at home the town is just frozen in time, nothing happens and townies just walk around as background decoration or something :p in TS 3 the active sims wasn't needed around for the town to live and the townies doing their thing. in TS 4 if the active isn't around...well nothing...then the rest of town is obsolete. but that's just my look on things ^_^

• Options
    maybe not as much as with Nraas SP but in ts 3 sims would get promoted, fall in love and rarely even have babies (tho it almost never happens with EA SP). in TS 4 they don't do anything at all, it's Always the same old bunch of sims showing up, usually eventually surpressed by the growing infestation called random generated garbage sims. semi-open worlds wouldn't bother me as much if at least the lots in the neighbourhood you're in were all accessable instead of just one single lot. as for the townies, well....they are just there…. but that's just my look on things ^_^

Yeah, the lack of Story Progression in Sims 4 doesn't bother me. I'm playing a Build-A-City-Challenge, so I'm creating all the sims and buildings myself. I don't want the game interfering with them! a045.gif Again, most likely why it suits me so well. I can understand what you're saying though, with the neighbourhoods. You never know, maybe that's something that could change if they do indeed create Sims 5 <3
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, the lack of Story Progression in Sims 4 doesn't bother me. I'm playing a Build-A-City-Challenge, so I'm creating all the sims and buildings myself. I don't want the game interfering with them! a045.gif Again, most likely why it suits me so well. I can understand what you're saying though, with the neighbourhoods. You never know, maybe that's something that could change if they do indeed create Sims 5 <3

then in your case it does work ;) in mine it really doesn't since i enjoy being part of a community while minding the business of my own sims. it just made the game more enjoyable for me because it made the game far more interesting and never the same old routine. in TS 3 Nancy Landgraab could beat my sim to CEO top spot and in rare cases i have seen Iliana Langerak beat both her ánd Nick Alto to CEO spot :p anything could happen in the game while in TS 4 i harly get any surprises since it is Always the same: nobody advances at all and if left unchecked random generated sims will dominate the game making it even less interesting since they are about as interesting as a lamp post yet the game has some sort of crush on them: if they spawn they immediately stalk you wherever you go and they Always show up no matter where you go...

in TS 4 my sims are the ONLY ones who progresses in life, the rest of town does not and it really doesn't suit my own playstyle: i like a growing and developing population without having to babysit every single sim in order for them to get anywhere in their lives. i enjoyed being a part of the town which is what i found so great about TS 3: i was part of the community but it didn't need my intervention to grow on it's own, especially with Nraas SP and MC: i could control what i wanted like hooking up VJ and Lisa and then i could just leave them alone and they would get jobs, a family and such but it wasn't perse necessary… in TS 4 you NEED MCCC in order for non-played sims to get any kind of a life besides being background fodder strutting around your lot.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @MissyHissy Ok, so I did repair my game. I even did the false reinstall. It helped a little though I also lowered my graphic settings so that might helped too I guess. Anyway it didn't solve the other problems :#:)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey Sorry to hear that. Have you tried rebooting the computer since your problems started? Someone else did that and their issues seemed to sort themselves out a bit.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @MissyHissy That is a great idea actually! Will do that tomorrow. Thanks!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey Any time! My Origin crashed completely this morning but after rebooting the computer, it's been fine. I hope that works for you!