Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Stuff Pack Do You Want Next?

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Certainly not The Sims 4: Time to Knit.
  • Options
    MaedMaed Posts: 33 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I've been starting to think I'm the only one that doesn't want to make my sims knit. I'd rather have Science & Technology for all the items I've been waiting years for or Happy Haunts for the spooky freelancer careers.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Maed wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I've been starting to think I'm the only one that doesn't want to make my sims knit. I'd rather have Science & Technology for all the items I've been waiting years for or Happy Haunts for the spooky freelancer careers.

Happy Haunts would be my preference with Science & Tech a respectable second. However, this is the community that went all in on Eco Living and then strong-armed it into a laundry pack. We're going to be knitting.
  • Options
    GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    I hope the Arts & Crafts pack wins the vote. We don’t have any hobbies in the game.

The self-care, fun tech, and science packs are already represented in the game. The vegan trait and some of the other stuff from those packs could easily be a free update to flesh out existing gameplay.
    The Ghost pack should have been part of the Realm of Magic pack. While nice, that pack felt anemic and now I can see why. It’s like the Cats and Dogs pack that later got its own stuff pack to add hamsters. It felt like stuff was held back to later release at additional cost.

To add, the ghost pack is a close second for me, as it would flesh out ROM gameplay.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2019
    Happy Haunts has no chance of winning, sadly. But next to dragons, this pack would have my favorite ideas. Seriously, I've been dying for a Ouija boards and a psychic career ever since The Sims 1. (Though we had a Psychic career in Sims 3, right? I don't know because I didn't play much of 3.) And I know we just got witches and mermaids this year, but Sims 4 has been really lacking in occult stuff for so, sooo long.

I will say that a Haunted House lot trait is pointless, though. We already got a Haunted trait in City Living.

Arts & Crafts would be my second choice, mostly for the pottery wheel. We desperately need hobbies, and this would go a long way towards making our sims life unique lives. And cross stitch would be perfect for elderly sims. I think this one will be the winner anyway, so whatever.

Science & Technology, and Fun-Tech seem to similar to the already stuff this tech-heavy game already has. I'm sure they'll all be added in eventually, regardless of what theme wins. The astronomy stuff seems fun, but the tech stuff is mostly all about our sims looking at a screen, so blech.

Self-Care seems dumb. Fitness watches are useless even IRL, we already have unique teas, you can already have your sim live a vegan lifestyle without wasting a trait on it, and smoothies are probably just like protein shakes. Nothing really new here, and we already have a ton of gym stuff and the Wellness skill.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I wish they would release both Arts & Crafts and Happy Haunts as separate SP next year, and the rest could be added to the Hobbies EP. I want all of them, even the self-care routine.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    My guess if they go down the Arts and Crafts route the CAS options will be heavily geared toward Elder Sims....it's just a hunch....
  • Options
    DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    Arts and Crafts because of the huge gameplay potential for any or each of these systems: Pottery Wheel, Edible Art, Embroidery, Knitting and Glass Fabrication.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    My guess if they go down the Arts and Crafts route the CAS options will be heavily geared toward Elder Sims....it's just a hunch....

It's past time elder sims got some attention. I used to really struggle with knowing how to use them once they retired. Elders are sims too and deserve some attention.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Though I love Happy Haunts I'm pretty sure Arts and Crafts will win - not just for hobby potential but I can see all five items turning into part-time jobs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    I didn't watch. I really just wish we could have more things for kids and toddlers. I don't care for any of the things I saw mentioned here.
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Something involving family. Hugs and interactions, clubhouses, baby chairs, CARS... I don't know 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Oh, I just want to point out that while knitting may be an elder stereotype, it is by no means an activity restricted to elders. I knit, and I'm not an elder (yet), and a friend's daughter knits, and she's still a kid.

So while yes, we need more hobbies, please don't go assuming that an Arts and Crafts pack is going to be geared specifically to them. (though some aging hippy boho CAS stuff would be kinda awesome.)
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    1-Happy Haunts
    2-Arts & Crafts
    3- Technology Fun (?)
    4-Science

9293020298- Self Care Whatever
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @DaWaterRat - Thank you. I started crocheting in my teens and knitting in my twenties. They don’t sound very knitworthy to me. Joke’s on them, I have a qiviut and mink cowl to keep me warm this winter. 😍
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I am a real life knitter but when it comes to my sims I really would like the fun tech or haunted stuff. These are things I love to do with my sims so for me it will be perfect. If I want to knit or have fun with wool I prefer to hold it with my real life hands.

Now the tricky question. Should I go for fun tech because that might possibly go forward or take a close to the heart vote for spooky things that probably has no chance what so ever.

If I knew that we would be getting glassblowing instead of knitting then that would be much more interesting to me.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    It sounds like some folks might be thinking that all the items listed as bullet points under the main title will be added to the game if that theme wins. But that's not how I understood it. I understood we will rate the items in the bullet points under the title, when we vote, and one or two will be the big feature gameplay added. For instance, in the Happy Haunts choice, if that theme wins, they would look at the ratings of the Ghost Hunter career, Seance Table, Psychic and Grim Reaper careers and Haunted House Lot Trait. The top one or two of those would be added to the game. We have to remember that Stuff Packs usually only have one or two animation/gameplay features, such as the washer/dryers and the clothesline/wash tub in Laundry Day. The rest of the pack will consist of CAS items, and Build/Buy objects. If I'm wrong, tho, and we'd get them all, that would be cool. But I don't think so. :p

The Arts and Crafts does sound good. I would probably rate pottery and glass blowing tops for that category. Knitting/cross stitching would no doubt result in nice completed items, but I don't know if the actual animations would be that interesting to watch? Maybe...I actually crochet and do cross stitch myself, so I dunno why I wouldn't want that. To watch a Sim sit there doing it just seems a bit boring, tbh, like watching them read, which I do voraciously IRL as well. I never stay on them when they're reading if I have other Sims. 😳 Sorry to those who'd love it...and there are probs perks I haven't thought of.

Off all the items most near and dear to my heart, tho, might be the modular mini golf course. That sounds so fun for families to do together. So perhaps I should vote for Fun/Tech, was it? Now I'm struggling to remember what the mini golf was under....I just love going skating and bowling in the game, so maybe that's why it sounds so good to me.

I'm so glad they're doing this again! I just love the voting process and the excitement of hearing what won, and all that jazz. Thanks for going through the process, Team! It is indeed a good surprise.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I do hope that @SimGuruNinja realizes that if the Happy Haunts theme loses, imma be pushing hard for a paranormal game pack. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I do hope that @SimGuruNinja realizes that if the Happy Haunts theme loses, imma be pushing hard for a paranormal game pack. :D

That makes 2 of us. We're coming to haunt you, Gurus
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    LiELF wrote: »

I expect nothing less from you. 😘
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Happy Haunts first and after that either Arts & Crafts or Technology,
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Hey! I wonder if this means the Community Pack section of the Forums will be opened again? That would be awesome, I loved all of the discussions and insight we got last time! Any answer on this yet, @SimGuruNinja ?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GeddonTowerGeddonTower Posts: 29 Member
    I'd go for happy haunts! :0
  • Options
    grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    Arts&Crafts - so the idiot sims can do something other than climb aboard a computer every chance they get - or drink water glasses incessantly...

Also, enough with the supernatural stuff already! How I wish we could just disable all of this like we could in S3. Take the 'Realm of Magic' for instance. It's so dull! I got it only for some build items and the cool clothing.

My 2nd choice would be the tech theme. I don't care for the healthy idea - there's a trait and there's plenty of mods & CC that covers that.

In fact what I really want is a complete revamp of the traits & aspirations which are the engine of this iteration of the game but which are completely muddled. Whoever designed the current system doesn't know the difference between personality traits and character traits.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    If they hadn't sprung Happy Haunts on me at the end like that I would have voted for Arts & Crafts... I've been thinking of that kind of hobby gameplay items for quite some time now! But ghost hunting, psychics, seance tables, spirit boards... I am SO about that. I miss some of the more paranormal stuff like the genie, mystical gameplay items... or even the funny message you'd get when a Sim rejected your request to come over to your house (Sims 1), "Sorry, my spiritual advisor says I can't leave the house today," or something like that. To me, it's less "occult" even though it is DEFINITELY occult IRL, and more paranormal, weird, quirky, silly stuff. I LOVE it.

BUT I definitely want arts and crafts as well!! I'm so torn. I will vote though, and I hope if it's between those two in the end that they will consider creating some of the features of the pack that didn't make it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top