Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Discover University?

Comments

• Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Maybe
    Waiting for info from Game Changers. Before I would've selected yes, but yesterday's livestream has made me wary.

Money isn't an issue, but I don't want to buy something that I'm not going to enjoy playing.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Maybe
    I might get it on sale for half off. It looks very shallow. I can't justify spending $40 for this pack.
    He/Him
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes
    Although I am disappointed, I am going to buy the pack and try and make the best of it. And I need those bikes!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes
    I was buying it anyways but after the stream I was even more enthused. I really like how this pack is set up and what it adds!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I preordered. Now to just wait for release day! <3
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Maybe
    I went from 'absolutely' to 'maybe' in a single livestream span. I'll wait and see what LGR and Carl have to say about it, and decide afterwards.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes
    I will finally be able to try out the bundle feature and get this pack along with RoM and Moschino.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I will finally be able to try out the bundle feature and get this pack along with RoM and Moschino.

I'm considering that as well, as I want Laundry Day for historical gameplay and I don't have the Dine Out pack. I'm not sure though, I might just get DU and LD when they are on sale as I'm not sold on DO and I hear it's VERY buggy.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No
    After watching the livestream it’s not a pack I will be buying. I don’t like the roommate system and dorms situation with the stoves and apart from the careers there is very little I like about the pack including the cas items. So for me it’s a no.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Yes
    I am planning to bundle it with RoM and Moschino. A bundle is 30% off, doubt it will be better than that for a while (and SPs rarely are and GPS not often). I find bundling is a decent option. I don't pay full price for any packs, but that's just because sales are so frequent I don't mind waiting. This will be the first I get on release though! Assuming the bundle works on release day...
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    It will add to my gameplay and a new world is always nice to have, no matter how big or small.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes
    I voted "yes" and will still buy it, but after the livestream, I was a bit disappointed by some of the features. I liked the class system, the robots, the bikes, and the dorms, however the world felt a bit small. I liked how they included many different buildings though, and the dorm system felt cool, though I'll have to play it extensively to be sure.

I really wish single moms could bring their toddlers and kids to college, though... And night classes would be awesome as well.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    No
    No never, Because I don't think that I'll miss a university where I can't go with my sims like in the Sims 2. I never played it in The Sims 3 either.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Maybe
    No never, Because I don't think that I'll miss a university where I can't go with my sims like in the Sims 2. I never played it in The Sims 3 either.

Huh?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    No
    And I don't understand the word "huh". sorry, I am Danish.
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Yes
    Ever since they announced the pack. Can't wait to explore the world, classes, dorms, CAS, etc. :smiley:
  • Options
    FishyNamorFishyNamor Posts: 28 Member
    Yes
    And I don't understand the word "huh". sorry, I am Danish.

it means "what you say?" or "What do you mean" or just "what"
  • Options
    HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    edited November 2019
    Maybe
    I love the English part of the world and the possibility to go to Uni. However, I am waiting for the game changers and the early access feedback. I would like to know whether the game is crashing if I combine it with all other EPs and GPs. And I would like to know how rotational playing is working.
    If those two issues are ok I will buy it once the price goes down.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Yes
    Definitely, looking forward to this one. It's got everything I'm looking for a030.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yes
    I brought it. But hear me out. I have idea for story. Normal I would waited till my favorite review reviewed the pack. Hopefully it worth it. Yes I am putting the horse before the cart.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    Without question. There is no point in preordering, but I will purchase on release this Friday. The livestream demonstrated that this was going to be more like the Sims 2 iteration rather than the disappointing Sims 3 version. I've just finished up my inaugural play through of The Outer Worlds, and am all set to get my hands on Discover University.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yes
    Despite kids not being able to ride bikes (How lame is that?! Kids are the biggest riders of bikes in RL.), I am relieved that you can ride them in the other worlds. I doubt a mod will be able to add this, because there would need to be interactions made to fit the size of the Sims, and mods typically can't do that. For instance, you don't see mods that allow kids to use exercise equipment, and if they glitch and go on it, their arms and legs go Slenderman.

I am also extremely jacked that roommates are available for all residential lots. I was hoping that some of the classes would be semi active and you could do them in the same manner as the Semi Active Careers, thus simulating a class that was very non classroom oriented. I'm not all that disappointed that we can't sit in the classroom and pay attention, or sleep, heckle, etc, because those are about all the options, and that does get boring after you've done it once a day for a week with multiple students and terms.

I will be getting it in a bundle with ROM and Moschino SP. I may not load ROM in any of my Saves that have Sims that I don't want to be spellcasters. I assume that's still a thing...does anyone know if MCCC has a way of stopping that?

@BabySquare I don't know if there is a typical time frame for discounts, but I did get Island Living a week ago for half price on an Origin Sale. I hadn't seen it before that, so it did take awhile. It seems like I've gotten Expansions half price sooner, but it may depend on how well it sells, too. I imagine this one will sell pretty well. There was a 30% discount quite awhile ago on IL, tho. I doubt Discover Uni will be discounted until at least the After Christmas Sales. If you get a Bundle, you save $20 in the US, so it is like getting the Expansion half price and the Game and Stuff Pack full, or the Game Pack free, etc. Origin won't let me preorder Uni with a Bundle, FYI.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    If I do it do, I will only pay $20 or less for it. From the little I have seen and read, it is not worth the full price. I have other games that are more worth full price to buy first.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes
    If I do it do, I will only pay $20 or less for it. From the little I have seen and read, it is not worth the full price. I have other games that are more worth full price to buy first.

Well this pack must be doing something right. Usually you're only willing to pay $5. :p
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2019
    No
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    I went from 'absolutely' to 'maybe' in a single livestream span. I'll wait and see what LGR and Carl have to say about it, and decide afterwards.

You mean the reviewer who doesn't sugar coat or defend EA, so he lost his early access.
    He's my favorite review also.