Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    edited November 2019
    I played for over 15 hours since my last update, so this one's gonna be heavy on the images. I'm not sorry. I did take the liberty of putting them in spoiler tags for your computer's sake.

We had two birthdays (a few days apart, but I'm dumping them in one spoiler tag). Jackson aged up into a teenager, and Ava aged up into the cutest child I've ever seen.
    25ff3d80557fbef96cc2d9d07a52a61209b69948.png
    3ed12cc80c68740ed1641ff0c37c3aa8dab8e803.png

f8aff09b90acd829514b6e0e6d5ea0e334e25753.png
    b04d165e805817b8e6f9a107721c7e51a472833d.png

Jackson went on his first date with his childhood friend Blue. I didn't make their winter outfits match, it just happened that way.
    08bcef05d8224088fda00ddde6b0e4344bdf7be0.png
    32f49e46abb453b977d690f34fa57267a4d504f7.png
    cd93b9780002e9db7aa8cd75427d48fcdbae2ecf.png
    aa1c1393f5dcf0985225a3c06fd6343fd67993b2.png

After his date, Jackson got to have a chat with his dad about woohoo. It was embarrassing for both of them... but not quite as mortifying as having a sit down chat with Blue AND his parents... in their PJs.
    52ba7a2f74500ab3ebdd5065072cac88fdb638bd.png
    902947a635975964e7c5c70670f2daa81907f12d.png
    4606102aa7e1f7b77a3d67bc3a21f413aeace0e5.png
    f5196f9bcef3bc9bedd791aa81d7abf0df9356e7.png

We got a dog! Her name is Luna, and she's a mixed breed adult. She's going to be this tiny forever, and I'm so in love with her.
    5215670a6ba3d3b65ed4308e75b9d579e5839393.png
    96be07110415d42ac3b0985cca8585f93eb76fe9.png

Sibling love
    feef7b41e30bd5dd4f7d75ee8265dd050c39ed5f.png
    4bd0ee088e9951f97269af1a19fe46760f4ad860.png
    33e89beb2e9a9c7969e259c580835ae71227f02c.png
    b9b8160278a949432cb5d65659fef25d03d45023.png
    15b33a59112e7820a858c628a9dcf132c8aaaa9b.png

Ava appreciation
    2bdc236c471c94bdd90e516b1a359cf6c429640c.png
    21a31db247f26849acc3b0d2a0d9a4f164bbb550.png
    9206836d610dc11656fe3cf3504f2818ab468790.png
    4350d7f0d4a3534c80d30d5feb24e2f25ebe1ee9.png
    d2c78c5e0693fb2a0b2c6bc8edc22aac0ea583d0.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,674 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Still in the middle of sorting out the households, quite a lot of them are sorted out now. just been play testing a few of them, they are good now. Just in the middle of playtesting an updated Sandra Matthews. She won't be paired with anyone, but she has been aged to young adult and given unflirty trait, which completes her perfectly. It won't stop her from having some fun, but it will make it extremely difficult to form a relationship with any guy, as i had always intended. It's been going well so far.
    @Hoverael

I still haven't had a chance to go into the game and look at your buildings. I was out today with my aunt. And now I'm trying to catch up with the thread again.

I really love your plan of getting a complete save together, and always having it ready to go. Sounds like a dream!

My problem would be I wouldn't know how to save it separately, because I have three saves in my game 🙄 and I am not computer savvy.

And I see now what you mean about how you're going to work with the families in the final save. You just have to swap out your updated families with the older ones, and put in the new families that you made. That should work great. Because I did really love your updated Oddball family.

I think I'm going to continue to play the game with no aging on. Poor Eleanor only has a couple of days left to have a child! I don't know if I could handle the pressure LOL

Thanks very much for the link to the npc careers!

Find the save game in the typical documents folder in libraries that windows created by default, EA>TS4>saves, copy and store it somewhere safe and then play the original. when needed, pull the old save out of storage and start over with a copy of that copy. It should be easy to identify by comparing save dates and times with dates modified from the explorer window on the specific .save file.

---

When a sim reaches adult there is a gap between the start of their adult age to the mid point where it would be good to have children and have time to get them to teenager and be in late adulthood or early elder age, but after that half way point there is insufficient time to watch the children become teenagers and on default without extra days that parent sim who is raising that child is likely to die before the child ages up. so it is a close window when starting eleanor at 36 days old of 96 days in her adulthood, it's going to create that very dilemma of getting a new husband and getting it all to work in short order. now if she married a toyboy, it will be be far less urgent as the younger husband will be in his prime to care for his children. But yeah, it's not looking great for Eleanor.

My newest bit of game-playing was spending a very long time in creating a brand new GAME SAVE. Seems, that although my made-it-to-Superstar in 12 days save is fine and dandy. But, I was really enjoying the newer save wherein, the family took a 2-day trip to Sansalvadoria (?) so that the daughter could gets some hands-on Archaeological experience to help her fulfill her aspiration. But every time I tried to find that save, it ended up being the Global Superstar. I must have accidentally overwritten it the other day … Sometimes I feel so hapless. LOL And, like the dork I can be at times, I forgot to click the modded box when I went into my households and despite the marking I thought meant they were skilled, they weren't. So, that took time, as I generally roll the dice to select the level of skills each of them has, with a few exceptions along the way. I should have gone back into the prior save and quickly made note of their skill levels, which might have saved some time. As par for MY course, I thought of that after the fact. Face/palm.

It's still up in the air as to whether or not I'll be able to purchase Discover University on its release date, but if not, it gives me a tad more time to get this family ready for it. From the trailer, it did appear that YAs are able to go, since one student had a toddler. That's reassuring. At any rate, I'll report back at another time. Hopefully with some pictures.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Last part of my occult soap opera for today.
    @DoloresGrey Yes, exaclty to this music! :lol:

One lovely evening when everyone else was at work Darrel went to visit Hella.
    They are really great around each other, since both being Snobs gives them constant confident moodlet.
    eEslFnJ.jpg
    So they sparred...
    h14UdX1.jpg
    And flirted...
    18bYW22.jpg
    And sparred again...
    zXY7VHj.jpg
    And flirted some more...
    vC1pzeb.jpg
    And kissed...
    67Jqhr9.jpg
    Then sparred in bed...
    QXFFKkt.jpg

Aaand the next morning Darrel told Emilia he didn't think there was a future to their relationship.
    SLgT41v.jpg
    Which she accepted perfectly well, not a minor negative reaction :sunglasses:
    And this was not the only thing she wanted to step away from.
    mcCZHQP.jpg
    So a few hours later she left Glimmerbrook and Realm of Magic as a human.

So for now I'm leaving my occults alone for some time, really need to prepare all my young idiots for University.
    Sorry for spam :blush:
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited November 2019
    Another week of great updates, everyone... o:)
    Plus, as usual, if I missed your post it wasn't on purpose and I still gave you a like/awesome. :)

@DoloresGrey Great birthday pics!! Uh oh... I don't like split ups (even in sims). :(

@AlwaysAsking I didn't recognize Caleb or Johnny at first with their new hairstyles, I like them! Also, looks like Lilith lucked out with Jude, he's a pretty cute sim. :smile:

@Firande Wow! I think she looks more powerful in your game than mine! Thank you for sharing that picture, I love it! Plus, I just enjoy your blue simmie, he's so cute. :smile:

@Koteyka Adorable Halloween pictures! Every time I see these kinds of posts from you it really makes me wish I would explore my sim's childhood days instead of rushing them into their teen years. :D

@sarabeth2984 Glad to hear you want to see more of Peach, because the next few updates are going to give her much more exposure. Oh, more Wolfgang and Cassandra? Yes! That first picture, bwahahaha! They are so cute together. <3

@Simslover163 Another great update as always! Cole is such a loveable sim. :smiley:

@BMSO Great pictures! Not sure which I liked more... the cuteness of Cody or Turles attempts to ride a broom! lol :D

@MelsieYT I love that Colin Family photo! My families never have such cute family photos. <3

@DarkAngel1994 Not only is Atlas still beautiful as ever, his new apartment suits him perfectly! Plus, him and Dylan together are so freaking adorable! <3

@Hoverael Great households! Not only are they cute with really unique backstories, you always use outfits/swatches that I've missed... like Eleanor and Margaret's outfits. :smiley:

Sorry for not getting around to posting an update about the Freshes last weekend like I originally planned. Unfortunately, I just let the weekend get a bit out of control and ran out of time. Good news, I'm getting the pictures ready and should have a couple of updates shortly.

Also, the current place I use for photo hosting is going away... who do you guys use? I did an internet search and google pictures seems to be popular? Any opinions or suggestions?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Jase I use imgbb dot com :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Johnny wanted to kiss Oliana for the first time since they had a really nice time last time. It didn't go well.
    9-11-2019-18-43-18.png
    Then he found interest in Mikayla. His attempt to kiss her for the first time was successful!
    9-11-2019-19-10-27.png

The date, an unexpected turn and the first elimination
    9-11-2019-19-20-00.png
    9-11-2019-19-22-27.png
    9-11-2019-19-23-44.png
    9-11-2019-19-26-04.png

After his date with Mikayla, when everyone was asleep, he met Oliana in the livingroom. He tried to kiss her once again and this time she didn't push Johnny away!
    9-11-2019-19-34-30.png
    9-11-2019-19-35-58.png
    Eww, I think I am going to vomit.
    9-11-2019-19-36-11.png
    Wow, that was fast!!!
    9-11-2019-19-41-16.png
    This contestant was mean to Johnny so he decided she was out of the reality show. Bye bye, Alice!
    9-11-2019-19-29-24.png
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited November 2019
    Most likely this post will be referring to older posts, you may have put up more updates since my comments here

Hopefully I’m getting closer to catching up. My daughter came home from college for a few days, so I was cleaning for her visit, then my son called and asked me to babysit for his children last night so my daughter and I did that.

In other words, I didn’t finish up my comments like I wanted to 😔 and this stuff may have changed and been resolved before I get to finish reading the thread

@MelsieYT

Hmmm, I've never thought about in game babies 🤔

I'd have to actually count 😂

I think there might be more boys, but I don't know/couldn't guess the ratio.

I wonder why you get all boys?

I've never adopted a baby in the game, only children. Did you get to choose the sex of the baby? And did she appear in your household as "daughter?"

@Simmelina1

Wow! Can a Sim die from getting cold/blue like that?

That's crazy that so many Sims came over for harvest fest when you didn't invite them 😯

But, I guess having a celebrity perform at your private party would be cool.

Ahi and Becky are really adorable. And somehow Becky looks literally perfect. All perfect/beautiful features. All of them with symatry. Are those eyelashes CC? I've never seen such beautiful in-game lashes.

@sarabeth2984

The Cassandra and Wolfgang date is delightful!

Wolfgang's snowman is the best ever! (For representing him, lol) Nice of Cassandra to help him 😊

And she got her trip to the Realm! And a wand (wait until Cornelia and Agnes see that!)

Plus.... such a nice kiss ❤️

@ryttu3k

I couldn't believe it when Caleb went to watch TV as soon as I wasn't watching him 😅

That's why I think the premade's have special coding. They pretty much act the same in every game. And I can see Maxis think it's funny to have him seek TVs as if he hadn't seen one for a while (he's been a vampire for a while before players can play him, right?)

I also saw Morgyn autonomously get a selfie last night. It reminded me of one of you people's stories.. your's or SiliClone's (or both, lol)

@Hoverael

Wow! I'm loving your backstories on page 488!

Nicole and Chris seem made for each other. I hope no drama enters their lives. They have great goals!

Chester and Tiffany have a sad start. One thing though, the first time I read through it, for some reason I thought you meant Chester was Tiffany's child when you said "around the same time she conceived Chester." The pronoun "she" led me to think he was Tiffany's, because you hadn't mentioned that they were brother and sister before that.

Once I read to the end and realized he was her brother, it's difficult to see why it made me think he was hers, but I know that's what I thought on my first read through, simply because I though to Chester was Tiffany's.

So I'm just saying, if you plan to hold on to that great introduction to the family, maybe you could say they are brother and sister right away, before that sentence.

Then there couldn't be any confusion. 😊 Pronouns confuse me. I constantly have to stop my husband when he tells me about things that happened to him during the day because he uses nothing but pronouns. He never understands why I can't follow his story, because he's seeing the right person in his mind, and apparently I'm supposed to be able to see into his mind too 😅

Anyway, I'm glad that Tiffany took him. It's going to be tough on her to be just starting out on her own with a toddler to care for, but she seems level headed.

The Manderbrooks and Earl look fun, if complicated. How old are Earl and Margaret supposed to be? They definitely look like young adults, but you mentioned he was a teen. Hopefully he can make something of his life, despite the rough start.

I'm surprised that Elenore hasn't met Earl many times, since Margaret has been friends with him for so long.

But perhaps she hasn't seen him as a teen?

Maybe Elenore doesn't need a new man. She could foster children, or get a female roommate? (not necessarily a lover, but maybe just a nice friend who is also lonely?)

Elenore's children, Clair and Edward, seem pretty cool. It's so funny that Elenore was able to set Edward up with a girlfriend so easily! Like you said, she knows her son. Too bad she can't do it for Clair.

The Eversons seem nice. It's 4 siblings and one wife, correct?

It's good they moved on from their parent's death. I worry about the wife., Andrea, if she's got so many problems learning things, should she be a parent? And why is Ivan ok with her limitations?

You'd explained the situation with Kevin, Samantha, Abigail and Morris already, but I think this is the first picture I've seen. Kevin has such an interesting face. I can't pinpoint what intrigues me, does he have CC on it? Morris is adorable, do you know where the red hair came from? Especially as Abigail has it too.

The motorbike gang sounds like major trouble. Did you give them all terrible traits? And you're saying that they don't date each other, right? Do they date anyone else?

That's an interesting story for the Teswicks. And amazing how well the kids are turning out, considering they were teen parents. Obviously Anthony has the childish trait. I love that in a parent too.

My daughter is mixed ethnicity too. She didn't have any trouble in school where people called her ugly for being mixed. What she does have problems with is the white community not considering her to be white, and the African American community saying she doesn't act "black enough" to be with them. That is a known problem for mixed race kids (well, adults too)

Perhaps they didn't call her ugly because she is gorgeous. I can say that without bragging, because she's adopted 😅

These last few years have been very rough on minorities. She gets called the n word now, and told to move back to the ghetto where she belongs. 🙄

So, there are other options that you could use as reasons for her to be picked on, besides saying that the other kids see her as ugly.

Anyway, they are good back stories, if you begin to tell stories, with pictures, about what they do, we'll be better prepared for who they are and how they came to be that way.

And thank you for the instructions about making the save file. Unfortunately, I can't understand what you mean, and that's not your fault at all. It's mine, because I barely understand anything about computers 😔

@DoloresGrey Your comment about Rosie in Becka28's story is funny!!!

@TheLastStar

I'm not familiar with the show or actors, but your Sims look very lifelike, and that they love each other very much.

What an interesting premise for a show!

And angel and a demon in love ❤️ I'll bet there was some drama in that relationship. 😂

@Ellupelluellu

I did see Nancy in a few of your pictures with Ted Tester, but I thought she was the one that you have in this current save, not the Babs and Geoffrey one.

Ok, I get it. Finding crops is fun, but you'll buy them if necessary.

That's cool that you'll move him from place to place to try out the new worlds.

That's so funny that he's awake while the vampires are skulking about 😂

Lots of people on this thread say that Vlad comes over in the middle of the night and does housework, even if your sim is asleep 😅 I wonder if he has the neat trait?

Your update is great 😂 Yeah Clara, really wild party there 🙄 The lady in the Oasis Springs bar is Lily Feng. As far as I know, she has the unflirty trait 😅

But I was cracking up like crazy when he visits Vlad.

Omg you're a great story teller 😁

Vlad's never heard of Vampires before - ok Vlad, sure you haven't 😂. Then the bloody steaks comment, and the "Of course we can fly, have you ever heard of airplanes?'" The couch being uncomfortable was tip top too. Ted still has no solid information on which to make his decision.

@Morkovka

And this thing with Ezra happened right there, but in a different room? So you have no idea why he did it?

Wow! I'm sorry, but I think he should leave. At least for a while. Do you have MCCC? Would it notify you if he did it again?

Something weird happened! I just couldn't trust him after that!

No clues from moodlets they had?

Gosh, I suppose there's no earlier save to go back to?

How weird 😳 Idk if you use mods, perhaps a mod did it?

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,472 Member
    Using spoilers to help the thread load easier.
    Chelsea had arrived home heartbroken. Her mother Cathy tried to console and asked her what happened to make her so upset. She tried to explain to her.IgcwBU0.jpg
    While Chelsea was trying to find Christopher, he was with Adrian. The two had found an abandoned warehouse and were spray-painting some graffiti on it. v0wuEjJ.jpgThey weren't alone as the abandoned building had some unwanted inhabitants inside. p5gt6nH.jpg
    Chelsea had called Christopher to meet her a park. This is it, she thought.ZXZDUmQ.jpg
    When he arrived she didn't wait long to ask him what was going on with Isabelle, and what was it Brennan had said he saw yesterday. Christopher was visibly upset Brennan did cause trouble.ZzwuA7l.jpgChristopher tried to explain, it was nothing. He had just seen things wrong, and took them out of contextfgMfehI.jpg
    She asked him if he still liked Isabelle though, but didn't answer the question, instead said he isn't dating Isabelle, he's with her.She didn't like his response, he was giving her a direct answer.
    3EjcMDZ.jpgsEGPUJB.jpgHe tried his best to convince her, she shouldn't worry, but she kept insisting something wasn't right6LJhimz.jpgChristopher was getting angry, and instead of yelling or saying anything he shouldn't to Chelsea, he decided to walk away.uhh7Cl3.jpg

When Chelsea got back home, Hallie saw she upset so she tried to get back in a good mood. She took her out the pool to relax and cool down. Though Chelsea spotted Isabelle there and decided she'd speak with her to get her side of the story. Isabelle didn't like what Chelsea was accusing her of. LoFT72K.jpg
    "Look, Christopher texted me what you told him, nothing happened yesterday!" Isabelle told her.She wasn't aware they were texting about that. Chelsea told her, she just wanted to know more details, and Isabelle admitted she flirted with him days ago, but he didn't take it well.6K2sh1s.jpg"Besides, I asked him that day, if was seeing anyone, and he told me he wasn't, that he was single."That was all she needed to hear.rIWtueC.jpg

The following day, Christopher invited her to karaoke in San Myshuno and she figured it was time to take a break. xS8g1pL.jpg
    When she entered the room, she quickly told him, he had lied to her, Christopher thought this conversation was behind them by now.LI1L27O.jpg"How? I told you the truth" He tried to explain again. j1RJNaw.jpg
    He tried to sit closer to her, but she sat down, "then why did you tell her you're single?!"Christopher tried to explain he had simply made a mistake.JZBsq40.jpg"That friend of your's, just put stupid ideas in your head! nothing happened"bJpynqC.jpg"Stop blaming him, he didn't make you flirt with her"--"We weren't flirting!" he retorted gIojheF.jpgChelsea told him, she didn't want to keep arguing, and it was best they just take a break from each other, Christopher just checked his phone, he seemed he'd rather go somewhere else too. He was fine them breaking up, their relationship had gone downhill with what happened.mmmU12v.jpgHe left first, Chelsea was heartbrokenEOrAUE2.jpgbut Christopher...looked happy, too happy(was surprised he took it too well)ty7WQh4.jpg
    When she was done explaining to her mom everything that happened, she went out to catch some fresh air and let out some tears.eU4oqNn.jpg

• Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Amazing updates, everyone!

I got the chance to check out the photography poses that came with the Moschino Stuff Pack.

First I did Odette and Kayden
    9Zp9zey.png

Next, Kayden with his children
    YGDAjX9.png
    mbVpVMg.png

Colby was great to invite Odette and Kayden out for a dance party at the Chalet, but before they can dance, picture time!

This clearly showed how excited the three are for the party
    eHahdKC.png

I laughed hard at this one. They're being goofy
    RAvbXKf.png

Colby and Kayden: Let's go dance!
    Odette: Yeah! Time to dance the night away!
    kTPX5zr.png

As usual, lots of people and Judith Ward made a special appearance
    Vbzwhfx.png

The next day came.

Kayden left the scientist career to pursue a different one and despite that change, he and Gale remained good friends. Gale decided to pay Kayden a visit and catch up.
    Gale asked Kayden about his new career and Kayden told him he likes it as much as the scientist career
    orOR3k4.png

Later, Kayden surprised Gale with funny gift
    CEm4OV0.png

Kayden: :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
    Gale: Well, that was fun.
    t3TrLhe.png

Feeling a bit mischievous, Kayden tricked him with a hand buzzer
    xwxdfF7.png

Later, he presented a gift of 10000 Simoleons to Gale
    MVMHUCF.png

Few Sim hours later, Kayden invited Gale out to Planet Honey Pop for some karaoke.
    7yxdWP6.png

After the karaoke, they had some tasty Lotta Cocolatas.
    7045VQt.png

Before the day ended, Colby came for a visit.
    Colby and Odette talked about local fishing spots and debated which ones are the best
    qQSBWXo.png

Colby decided to analyze the plants at the garden
    8zHPFMI.png

Odette decided to surprise Colby with a nice gift
    Ie06n4n.png

Odette: I got you a strawberry! Hope you like strawberries!
    atD5RIf.png

Unfortunately, Colby didn't like the gift. :(
    rP2gwBG.png

Odette did tell him that she'll give him a better gift next time.
    53WTUIw.png

After that, these two shared some jokes together
    UBtSP3Q.png

Odette got up to paint a picture, leaving Colby to watch some romance on TV.
    qpiEQLO.png

sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited November 2019
    As you can tell by my latest avi, Liam and Stephen got married! They'll adopt a baby girl, then adopt a baby boy once their daughter is older. After having three boys in a row- Liam has two younger brothers- I want a girl in the family! <3
    #LoveIsLove #MrAndMrCraven <3

Oh, on a sad note: Liam, Landon, and Lance's maternal-grandmother passed away. Rip Madison Cole-Avery.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    @Hoverael

Wow! I'm loving your backstories on page 488!

Nicole and Chris seem made for each other. I hope no drama enters their lives. They have great goals!

Chester and Tiffany have a sad start. One thing though, the first time I read through it, for some reason I thought you meant Chester was Tiffany's child when you said "around the same time she conceived Chester." The pronoun "she" led me to think he was Tiffany's, because you hadn't mentioned that they were brother and sister before that.

Once I read to the end and realized he was her brother, it's difficult to see why it made me think he was hers, but I know that's what I thought on my first read through, simply because I though to Chester was Tiffany's.

So I'm just saying, if you plan to hold on to that great introduction to the family, maybe you could say they are brother and sister right away, before that sentence.

Then there couldn't be any confusion. 😊 Pronouns confuse me. I constantly have to stop my husband when he tells me about things that happened to him during the day because he uses nothing but pronouns. He never understands why I can't follow his story, because he's seeing the right person in his mind, and apparently I'm supposed to be able to see into his mind too 😅

Anyway, I'm glad that Tiffany took him. It's going to be tough on her to be just starting out on her own with a toddler to care for, but she seems level headed.

The Manderbrooks and Earl look fun, if complicated. How old are Earl and Margaret supposed to be? They definitely look like young adults, but you mentioned he was a teen. Hopefully he can make something of his life, despite the rough start.

I'm surprised that Elenore hasn't met Earl many times, since Margaret has been friends with him for so long.

But perhaps she hasn't seen him as a teen?

Maybe Elenore doesn't need a new man. She could foster children, or get a female roommate? (not necessarily a lover, but maybe just a nice friend who is also lonely?)

Elenore's children, Clair and Edward, seem pretty cool. It's so funny that Elenore was able to set Edward up with a girlfriend so easily! Like you said, she knows her son. Too bad she can't do it for Clair.

The Eversons seem nice. It's 4 siblings and one wife, correct?

It's good they moved on from their parent's death. I worry about the wife., Andrea, if she's got so many problems learning things, should she be a parent? And why is Ivan ok with her limitations?

You'd explained the situation with Kevin, Samantha, Abigail and Morris already, but I think this is the first picture I've seen. Kevin has such an interesting face. I can't pinpoint what intrigues me, does he have CC on it? Morris is adorable, do you know where the red hair came from? Especially as Abigail has it too.

The motorbike gang sounds like major trouble. Did you give them all terrible traits? And you're saying that they don't date each other, right? Do they date anyone else?

That's an interesting story for the Teswicks. And amazing how well the kids are turning out, considering they were teen parents. Obviously Anthony has the childish trait. I love that in a parent too.

My daughter is mixed ethnicity too. She didn't have any trouble in school where people called her ugly for being mixed. What she does have problems with is the white community not considering her to be white, and the African American community saying she doesn't act "black enough" to be with them. That is a known problem for mixed race kids (well, adults too)

Perhaps they didn't call her ugly because she is gorgeous. I can say that without bragging, because she's adopted 😅

These last few years have been very rough on minorities. She gets called the n word now, and told to move back to the ghetto where she belongs. 🙄

So, there are other options that you could use as reasons for her to be picked on, besides saying that the other kids see her as ugly.

Anyway, they are good back stories, if you begin to tell stories, with pictures, about what they do, we'll be better prepared for who they are and how they came to be that way.

And thank you for the instructions about making the save file. Unfortunately, I can't understand what you mean, and that's not your fault at all. It's mine, because I barely understand anything about computers 😔

"the mother found out around the same time she conceived Chester", the mother had chester, not tiffany.

Eleanor is adult, Earl is a teenage and so is Margaret: "Now Earl is a teenager who can take care of himself and has been booted out of care. Margaret couldn't let the issue stand and asked her mother to let Earl stay." and "although Eleanor has tried to teach her better than to prey on such weaknesses for an advantage." which implies she needs to be taught proper values and if Margaret was a young adult she couldn't be taught those.

I doubt parents know what their children get up to with other children in school outside of classes (unless there is a specific reason why it should be brought up) or outside on their own with friends. Eleanor was not aware of Margaret's friendship with Earl at all.

Eleanor has spent all her adult life as a mother, she loves children. It seems to be the only thing she is qualifed at, but beyond that she has no idea what to do, it is like she hit a brick wall and forgotten how to climb it. So if she can find a man and get pregnant and have more children it would make her happy again and allow her to remain useful without having to think what is beyond that.

Claire has all the characteristics of a male sim, which includes masculinity, she won't have anything to do with what her mother might try, fact is Claire is aggressive about defending what is hers and Eleanor has never tried, Claire believes the idea of being setup on a blind date is an attempt at turning her more feminine, to be seen as being lady like and gracious. Claire is repulsed by the idea. If she wants to date guys, it will be on her own time and efforts.

Eleanor only did it with Edward because it was an opportunistic moment, however her other daughters: Jayne, Carol and Evelyn were out the door and they wanted to get on with their lives, so she didn't exactly have the time or opportunity with them. But yes, Eleanor knows her son and daughters very well.

---

Eversons beforehand was 4 grandparents, 2 children and 2 grandchildren. Now it is 2 parents and 2 children with a daughter-in-law.

Andrea is simplicistic, she has the understanding of a child when it comes to matters beyond her, so if you asked her to cut wood with a saw, she'd look at you funny not having any idea what any of it was about. Trying to teach her would be almost impossible because she can't grasp what it means, she has no mind for such things.

On a basic level like making food, chatting, flirting, consoling others, dressing herself and all the other basics, Andrea in that regard is like anyone else, but she knows her limits. So she knows the only other thing she'd be great at is having a family of her own and just teaching her children the the basics and then offering love and support as they get older and leave the schools and her husband Iwan to explain things that she couldn't understand.

---

Kevin has no cc features at all. There was this other sim i created called Richard Dennis and he has a reasonably strong resemblance to Mark Webber, no cc there either. it is possible to create the one in million and have them come out looking unique.

The hair color and skin color is a split down the middle DNA of both father and mother, the children inherited neither of a specific trait from their parents, but a combination of both.

---

i have two sims that were apart of a motorbike gang, Devin Ganton and Chip Sorris, another story entirely. These three are nothing but rebellious trouble makers and hooligans with a strong gothic leaning. They aren't the most likable individuals. I added them into it because i got too many good sims in there.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited November 2019
    @DoloresGrey Thanks for the response! Wow... Johnny's certainly getting around. :smile:

@Simslover163 Another cute update! I already enjoy reading about your sims and it's just even better when I get to see a cameo or two from my sims. I'm so glad that they're blending into your game/story. :smile:

Also, I really wanted to post two or three updates, but I only had enough time for this one as I've got to go backup all of my pictures so I can transfer them to a new host. The next update with feature Peach now that she's become a superstar, she's actually starting to get "quite" the social life...

RV14luq.png
    Pear decided it was time to break the news to the family that he's rushed things and asked Nutmeg to move with them. No surprise, the Freshes welcomed him with open arms.

dlmKF9l.png
    Nutmeg and Spinach hit it off beautifully.

FVj2BsV.png
    Pear and Nutmeg snuck off for some alone time upstairs to the hot tub out on the house's westside balcony.

ZJK0Ixm.png
    Meanwhile, Lettuce continues to help Spinach talk better.

nkeAZJz.png
    Kelp decided to takeover the flashcards so Lettuce could workout for his military career.

S9TCBgs.png
    Even though he's no longer a young adult, Lettuce is still looking good and in excellent shape.

hvNhCXN.png
    After Spinach finally went to sleep, Kelp decided to relax in the tub and let his fishtail show. It's been awhile.

7nKhBx8.png
    Peach has to start shooting her sequel movie tomorrow and decided to get in some last minute exercise after rehearsing her lines.

v9xaQJq.png
    After getting dress, Pear decided to continue with his streak of rushing things and proposed to Nutmeg... who accepted the proposal enthusiastically.

qkn4QJT.png
    Pear is also a freelancer and decided to get in a couple graphic artist jobs while the house was getting ready for Spinach's birthday party.

mvXrohy.png
    It's time and Kelp led the little heir to his birthday to blow out the candles and make a wish.

zii6MSH.png
    hulLT15.png
    Uh Oh! Look at that hair and outfit... time for makeover! LOL

Well...
    That's all I've got for now and hopefully can be back with another update soon!
    Post edited by Jase on
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Becka28 Bjorn's getting more followers! And yeah, the gym is hilariously attractive. I've even seen Caleb run in to work out! Aww, Johnny is a sweetheart. Poor Jade, really.

@Morkovka looks like Hella recovered quickly! And good luck to Emilia, amicable break-ups are always good for those involved.

@AlwaysAsking he's a menace, really. Got to be kept supervised or he'll get square eyes XD And how long he's been a vampire is kept pretty ambiguous, I think? I tend to play him as young (currently 22, was turned at 19), but I know plenty of others don't. And the selfie-obsessed Morgyn is SiliClone's XD Haven't seen many selfies from mine, since they stick to the Realm and is usually distracted by all the books instead!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @Jase xDDD Needless to say Turles finally got the hang of it after a while.

So since the holidays are coming up I wanted to attempt to make a polar bear in ts4. I have yet to pick a proper name for him so I just called him winter for now.I used the German shepherd for his base form.

Currently investigating a random house.
    49040426308_41720ba0f5_b.jpg

Enjoying the snow running around after given a tasty treat.
    49041141322_7b58f46c6d_b.jpg
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited November 2019
    These pics are from today. I forgot to include them in my post.
    49040953271_ebdf1f4292_o.png
    49040446893_b5f5ea8489_o.png
    49040952326_2edb5cc6e4_o.png
    49041161367_d48e8d1b5a_o.png
    49040444898_b211722617_o.png

They each have a picture that was taken by the other. <3
    49040952046_62a860ca02_o.png

This is their adopted daughter Harper-Leigh Craven <3
    49041161662_19d2c34962_o.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,985 Member

@rutty3k , Thank you :)
    @sarabeth2984 , Thank you :)
    @AlwaysAsking , Thank you :)
    That Nancy what is on pictures with Ted is indeed Nancy from this save :) I did have some pics from my B&G save at my usb stick, and I posted this picture some days ago, when I was answering to mentions:
    26l8aXV.jpg
    That is how she currently looks at my save back at home :smiley: I know just the face an she seems to be bored or mad.. or both, LOL, no idea of wich, as I did not played her :)

Ted side challenge. (Warning!! Lots of bushes!)
    F2UVjcz.jpg
    y8zKzu7.jpg
    Next morning he asked Bella for a date.
    WGhlLLl.jpg
    4ThJRI4.jpg
    7rWrB3P.jpg
    Time to check out local plantlife XD

RiFZjxC.jpg
    It was Bab*s turn at the very same afternoon!
    uw6k2BQ.jpg
    xQLqEJR.jpg
    And again time to check the condition of the next bush! :P

5Mmr556.jpg
    uQDewuW.jpg
    The next morning it was Alice XD

SB90AEn.jpg
    ni21Pnw.jpg
    ovqxcYz.jpg
    And in the afternoon it was Lily, who indeed was not easy, but that bow and arrow thing from reward store trait was powerfull! :D

kjYiaXi.jpg
    At the same evening, Eliza knocked the door!
    xXFCobw.jpg
    kKG5dWi.jpg
    She was not invited to stay over night, she did that herself, lol.
    VGUo0YZ.jpg
    Eliza thinking: "Dang! Well, I'll tell Bob I was at Katrina's, and phone's battery was dead.. oh, I have to call Katrina first..."

PS: At this point my hubby, who was watching my play, asked to "give the dude a break", hehe.. oh well I will :)
    PPS. I did use different bush every time :P So no bushes were harmed in the progress xD

And time for another festival :)
    tD4vlej.jpg
    oYjqPTF.jpg
    tPCbPKH.jpg
    Based by the aswer, he must be related to Vlad Straud... Turban head wise man did not know what to advise! or is Ted crossed the line already? LOL
    4KPdtlc.jpg
    Not letting him to romance with anyone, as there were too many of his affairs present XD
    f7jeYLF.jpg
    I like the view.
    pDr823t.jpg
    Björn.. not a wise move to bring your wife here when she is going to blow at any minute now! And I am pretty sure you do not know the baby ain't yours yet!
    03cwhCu.jpg
    Katrina.. could you please get rid of the hat??? And do not flirt to married men RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR WIFE!
    REAoafF.jpg
    Okay, this made me M out right away! :D I do not know can babies be born at community lots, in TS2 not, but here I simply do not know :D So I pressed the panic button (M) :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Going a little back with commens, because I missed some of your cool updates.

@sarabeth2984 I only now saw the Selvadorada trip. LOL these Temples withstood centuries in the jungle and then a bunch of overly enthusiastc tourists nearly burned it all to hell :joy: Priceless!
    Also I looked through the pictures of your Winterfest before reading the text and at frst I thought Death was there for Father Winter who was like "Ho-Ho-oh plum gotta go now!" :lol:
    Nice little family they've got - all sorts of weird, but nice :blush:

@DarkAngel1994 Your sims are gorgeous! :love: I really like Cassie.

@ryttu3k Jamie's the cutest, no matter stripes or spots or how horrible his singing is :lol: No wonder he attracts all the other cute guys :smirk:
    Also I don't like break-ups either, and I usually don't mess with premade relationships, so everything that happened with Ezra and Hella is way out of my comfort zone, but I'll try and make them all happy eventually.

@TheLastStar I don't watch the show but I see Aziraphale and Crowley in tons of gifs on tumblr (one of my mutuals is going through hyperfixation rn lol) and I think you did an awesome job on them!

@DoloresGrey I really miss your Bob! So I gave the Bob in my game (who's an elder) the same hairstyle and beard as yours used to have :blush:

@Becka28 Edvin Ollie is quite a looker! Cassandra has good reason to be a little worried :wink:

@BMSO Oh, your polar bear dog reminds me of polar bear dog Naga from Avatar: Legend or Korra! :smiley:

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @BMSO your polar bear is amazing.

@Ellupelluellu I like your new Nancy makeover. From the angle in the shot the hair looks very Farah Faucett - is it from a pack or cc? I am really enjoying the adventures of Ted. so many of my sims started out as testers and got bigger lives because I fell in love with them. The scene at the romance festival was funny. Bjorn can't control himself (I am sure he wouldn't mind visiting a bush with Ted) and Katrina is just as bad. Clara's fluoro pink socks were something else. Does M automatically exit the game? I don't often use the keyboard so forgive my ignorance. I think I had one occasion when 3 NPCs went into labour at once, at a dance party at the ruins in Windenburg - from what I remember they all telepoted off lot then I got a message they had had a baby that evening (I use MCCC too and have a pregnancy check on 1 day a week so all babies are born on the same day too.) It was hysterical as the Dads were all there and instead of dancing there was panicking new dads and groaning pregnant girls on the dancefloor.

@HillyBeth what a lovely wedding. I like how the Sulani arch looked in Brindleton Bay? I think. The lovely misty background made it very romantic.

@AlwaysAsking Lordy save us all - Thorne and Don together. No sim will be safe or they will fall deeply in love with each other - that relationship will be extreme however it plays out. Like Thorne's hairdo. You made me snort with laughter out loud when Thorne concluded Don's charm did not lie in his ability to think up witty pick up lines. I look forward to their baby. Make sure you get good sleep and drive safely. Your daughter is lucky to have a caring mother willing to drive her around.

My simself and Finn decide to meet up for a date now they are engaged.
    BPqQPQ0.png?1
    6yTTKL8.png

And go to the spa - Finn decides to drink the special natural spa water
    KorELEQ.png?1

Bek has a foot massage - that looks like it feels amazing.
    uvapujG.png?1

Finn has some other ideas but Nancy refuses to take the hint and stays in the sauna (You are my nemesis as always Nancy)
    S0tVExQ.png?1
    EjQwG4w.png?1

Another date
    Finn turns up this time
    hBNfj43.png?1
    and decides to be charming
    cefAJic.png

And then its wedding time
    (my simself managed not to get pregnant, have an affair with Don, set her fiance on fire or any other disaster she normally has.)
    2d586XM.png?1
    The guests even sat... except for Dominic who kept on wandering up and trying to get in the screenshots.
    Me3sfBk.png?1
    vO5aUQL.png
    But it went well
    dxRpyvX.png?1
    y06FlrC.png?1
    ZnCaA1n.png?1
    They didn't manage to share the first slice :(
    but had fun anyway
    Nzl3sv1.png?1
    She got the wineglass stuck to her hand...
    cuKtRc2.png?1
    H1y06vU.png?1
    Honeymoon at home ........
    k8VVWIg.png?1
    BGoIzQ8.png
    S0qfqAp.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @BMSO You did a really great job with the polar bear!

@HillyBeth lovely wedding pics <3 I like how they have a shelf near their bed and the pictures there! It is a very nice touch. And Harper-Leigh is a cutie. She looks so sweet sleeping in her striped tshirt <3

@Ellupelluellu wow Nancy looks pretty awesome. I consider the original one the one of the most ugliest sims but wow! She looks really great!

@AlwaysAsking wow! I really hope you are asleep now. Thorne is pretty evil. I can hear his evil laugh while he was thinking about Don being his >:) I can't wait to read more of this intriguing story full of intrigues!

@Becka28 Ha! I was just meant to ask you about your simself and now you posted an update about her!
    Another cute wedding you threw for your sims. I love her flower headband and the dress is also very nice. So I've been wondering when a next baby comes :D And also, does your simself work? And what happens with her children when she is on a date or not home?
    And how about Alana and Brock? Do you still play their family?

@Morkovka aww, that is lovely <3 I hope the rest of his life will be long and happy.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @DoloresGrey my simself has no kids this time around - i was devasted to actually lose those 4 toddlers even if it wasn't what I wanted when I set out. I lost the Jetsons build in the same glitch as it was in the same save. At least I had it in my library in its half built state but my simself's children weren't saved. :'( She is doing the gaming branch of the tech career - I finished the programming branch with Brock but have never done the gaming one. Finn was a bartender so now he will be unemployed until I give him a career. I forgot to check if Finn had a romantic relationship with Bella Goth when he moved in so that is my next step.

Alana and Brock have been on hiatus - I was stuck on what to do with their oldest son Walter but I think I will risk killing my poor laptop by adding university as Edvin Ollie and Walter are both ready to attend. (i purposefully havent got IL and seasons in the hope that the next expansion was a university one and it is). sometimes you just need breaks from saves. I never touched Jessica and Bjorn while I played Alana. I also haven't played my Minty / malcolm landgraab save forever but have ideas for them.

@Morkovka Thanks for the Edvin Ollie compliment. I really love Cassandra Goth and think they are an excellent couple. They used to have gloomy moods together when he was glitched out and she hardly ever gets them now he is fixed. High school sweethearts can work out and perhaps these will be the high school sweetheart sims I have. I would feel really guilty breaking them up and I think any son of Bjorn's may not want to act like his father.
  • Options
    Put my future students into one household to get them as prepared as possible for the University.
    I can only guess what skills can get them better scholarships and degrees, but some leveling those up couldn't hurt anyway.
    So who I have here:
    The twins, Orion and Apollo, future Mechanical and Computer Engineers respectively.
    DA0Hxa6.jpg
    Ts1YFbT.jpg
    Lucas Munch is going for Biology Degree.
    aJdY4vL.jpg
    Akira Kibo decided that videogames and karaoke are fun indeed, but now that he's full adult, he needs a real career.
    autj6GG.jpg
    And recently joined by Emilia Earnest - never too late to turn her life around and get a job in Education.
    WrJOwSg.jpg

Gave them all the books, laptops and skill stations, and making them work hard :sunglasses:
    1ygzdla.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    A date with Galina Reznikov ;) was a little wild
    10-11-2019-10-07-04.png
    10-11-2019-10-08-27.png
    10-11-2019-10-17-53.png
    Johnny Zest Jr with his father Johnny Zest
    10-11-2019-10-15-28.png

Kala was the only one who wasn't on a date yet. Johnny wanted to make it up to her but she rejected him. So she, as well as Ai (aka Michael Jackson), were both eliminated.
    10-11-2019-10-42-00.png
    Mikayla was jealous and Johnny wanted to "fix" it.
    10-11-2019-10-45-33.png
    Five minutes later...
    10-11-2019-10-47-49.png
    Another five minutes later... *facepalm*
    10-11-2019-10-49-39.png
    Lareem was the only one that wasn't romantically involved with Johnny...
    10-11-2019-11-05-14.png
    Yet ;)
    10-11-2019-11-10-14.png
    10-11-2019-11-13-30.png
    Another elimination. Johnny decided to eliminate Galina because on their date he has learnt what her traits are. She is insane, materialistic and she hates children.
    10-11-2019-11-19-59.png
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @AlwaysAsking goodness, sounds hectic!! And wow, Thorne vs Don. Not gonna lie, I irrationally dislike Thorne because of this one Simstagram account I follow and so am going for Don in this case XD

@Morkovka he's my favourite! Also the protagonist of my novel which I will hopefully publish one day ;D Good luck with Ezra and Hella!

@Becka28 your Simself's flower crown is the cutest! (And my Johnny agrees with your assessment of Nancy XD)

For most recent stuff for me, I finally finished all the makeovers! (Heavy image warning. Not every premade is included, for some I just made sure they had seasonal outfits and everything was vaguely cohesive, but there are over seventy there!)

Caleb asks Jamie on a date. They go to a cafe in Windenburg Old Town (by MLysP). Barista is Morticia Addams, because why not.
    iexYgIG.png

New hanging-out-at-home outfit for winter and some sweet dance moves.
    35QEsJT.png

Had Jamie visit a spellcaster store (Rabenschwartz by sueladysims) and found a super aesthetic bath.
    uaLJW7D.png

Lilith visits autonomously and Jamie gets smushed into her shoulder because I have height sliders. It's weirdly adorable. (Yeah, he has a lowkey crush on her and her biceps as well as dating Caleb and Johnny and having a flirty thing going on with Morgyn. What can I say, Jamie is a pan disaster.)
    ICCAVzR.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top