Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Library Books

I built a library, but the shelves all have the basic books. Is there a way for them to have all of them? There are no skill books either.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    I know one of the libraries in the base game have the library book cases that have the skill books. As far as i know only one case style has them and you must place those cases in your library to have skill books. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the devs thought this was a good idea. It can make for a boring library to me to have to have just these book cases in all the libraries. I really wish they would add more case styles with the skill books in particular.

My friend tells me the Willow creek library has the cases with skill books.

ETA - I also found this info from another simmer back in 2014 as a cheat to get library skill books - but I am not sure if it still works or not but this is the answer a simmer gave another simmer that helped her get skill books:
    In your Library..

Type your testingcheats on in your cheat bar, then type in this objects.gsi_create_obj 0x0000f52e exactly as it says and it will spawn one library book shelf that will contain all the skill books.. If you want more than one then you type in objects.gsi_create_obj 0x0000f52e for each bookcase you want.. totally worked for me.. was so happy to find it.. hope it helps for you as well.... credit goes to Azsimmer1 if it works still.

ETA
    Carls guide may be able to help you if this does not work - his guide is often helpful for things like this.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    You can also find rooms with the library shelves in the gallery.
  • Options
    shannonavashannonava Posts: 20 Member
    Has anyone had the cheat work for them? I feel like this is a massive flaw in the Sims 4 but they could fix it pretty easily, surely

I wonder if it comes up in debug mode (Or is that wishful thinking?)
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited November 2019
    The objects.gsi_create_obj cheats have been removed last Year in June. https://simsvip.com/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-list-of-cheats-that-dont-work-and-have-been-removed/
  • Options
    Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    I downloaded a room from the gallery with the "special" bookcases in. I then hide it somewhere on the lot (usually the basement) because I don't like the shelves they use.
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    I wasn't aware of this, thanks for the heads up. That's even more annoying than Sims 3 with only 4 case styles, the 4 least suitable ones, and one of them from the Store too, usable in libraries.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    Are the bookcases in debug mode or do I have to download them from the gallery with special bookcases?