Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My big worry with the lack of Simgurus leaking information.

Comments

• Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    sillehbee wrote: »
    I randomly purchased Planet Coaster a few days ago while it was $13 on sale. The amount of content that comes in their DLC packs actually makes me angry. There was a youtube review that took 20 minutes just to go over every new object (all colorable, btw) and feature that came in that one $10 pack.

I've been a fan of the sims since the very beginning. Island Living was the only EP I didn't purchase in the entire history of the franchise. I'm actually really mad at myself for spending so much money on TS4, purely out of nostalgia, because Maxis consistently delivers less and less content with each pack. I think this may be the end for me. If DU doesn't prove to be an improvement, I don't think I'll be playing TS4 anymore. It feels stupid to keep giving them money.

Planet Zoo drops tomorrow and because I can only afford one pack, guess which one I'm buying. :)

Me too, lol. I can't wait. I loved Zoo Tycoon as a kid, but now that I've been playing Planet Coaster I'm even more excited for Planet Zoo. I love their graphics, UI, terrain editing, and advanced movement features. Decorating in that game is addicting.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Even sims camp was kept on the down low. Game changers have just announced they are there and many of the bigger names who always attend aren’t Invited!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's a bad enough sign when we loose interest in an unreleased pack, but for them to appear to be uninterested is shocking.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Even sims camp was kept on the down low. Game changers have just announced they are there and many of the bigger names who always attend aren’t Invited!

Wait what?! I wonder if recent critiques by a few of the game changers had anything to do with who was invited? Worried they might critique the actual game play before all the pre-orders and launch day purchases are in?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »

Wait what?! I wonder if recent critiques by a few of the game changers had anything to do with who was invited? Worried they might critique the actual game play before all the pre-orders and launch day purchases are in?

Possibly. But then there are some who do critique the sims 4 invited like James Turner and Lil Simsie.
    Iron Seagull and Pixelade have not been invited. The latter has been very critical of late. That said, it’s good to see a change. It’s always the same people invited.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I randomly purchased Planet Coaster a few days ago while it was $13 on sale. The amount of content that comes in their DLC packs actually makes me angry. There was a youtube review that took 20 minutes just to go over every new object (all colorable, btw) and feature that came in that one $10 pack.

I've been a fan of the sims since the very beginning. Island Living was the only EP I didn't purchase in the entire history of the franchise. I'm actually really mad at myself for spending so much money on TS4, purely out of nostalgia, because Maxis consistently delivers less and less content with each pack. I think this may be the end for me. If DU doesn't prove to be an improvement, I don't think I'll be playing TS4 anymore. It feels stupid to keep giving them money.

Welcome to my club friend. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Planet Zoo drops tomorrow and because I can only afford one pack, guess which one I'm buying. :)

I'm really excited for Planet Zoo! Have one appointment in the morning then the rest of the day to play.

Yay Imma buy it too!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Possibly. But then there are some who do critique the sims 4 invited like James Turner and Lil Simsie.
    Iron Seagull and Pixelade have not been invited. The latter has been very critical of late. That said, it’s good to see a change. It’s always the same people invited.

Doesn't surprise me, they shun and kinda drop everything with people who give them bad reviews , critiques and who doesn't praise the sims 4 up and down.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    It worries me too..course...I am personally not setting myself up...I have a STRONG feeling they aren't revealing much is because there ISN'T much to show.

This right here ☝️
    It is concerning to me that they are able to show an EP in only 2 hours? An EP. Not a SP, or GP. I think ROM was shown in 2 hours... Like wtplum? 😐 It makes me think that this upcoming pack lacks depth or engrossing gameplay. I hope I'm really wrong, but I can't help but speculate.🙁

I will wait till Friday to give full judgement. Maybe the devs have to get back to work & this is the only time they have? Please let that be the case. 🙏 I am hoping that this pack won't be as shallow as the recent releases. I've waited a very long time for this pack.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

Doesn't surprise me, they shun and kinda drop everything with people who give them bad reviews , critiques and who doesn't praise the sims 4 up and down.

Not true.
  • Options

Maybe they invited GCer's who would be grateful to be there and not dig too deep into the gameplay or ask too may probing questions. A very happy, sunny, positive Sims Camp.

I also think that they kept it quiet so that players who are questioning the pack can't influence the GCer's who went. What we don't know, we can influence.

Another tick in the Things That Make You Go Hmmm column.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Maybe they invited GCer's who would be grateful to be there and not dig too deep into the gameplay or ask too may probing questions. A very happy, sunny, positive Sims Camp.

I also think that they kept it quiet so that players who are questioning the pack can't influence the GCer's who went. What we don't know, we can influence.

Another tick in the Things That Make You Go Hmmm column.

I'm inclined to think this is the case. Especially after looking into it and seeing who wasn't invited. :/

Those were the exact two that I had in mind when asking the question too... *hmmm*
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    I agree there’s a lot of people there who will be so excited to be there, probably won’t probe too much.
    I do think it’s good to see a mix up though. I’m not surprised Pixelade didn’t get invited but I am surprised Iron Seagull didn’t. The keeping it secret though is much like the promotion of this pack - very weird.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    My fear: such silence and then, at 8th, they will say all the things we're afraid of (like the dorms being like the apartments from City Living, for example), but they'll say: "hey, but you can have bikes; robots; or look at it; look at that", for trying to make us to focus in the "good" other things and "forget" all the things they didn't put in the "expansion" or all the things they reused.
    I hope I am super wrong. Really. :/

I kind of feel the same. I don't think they will answer every question, even after looking at the thread with questions like the ones at this forum. Last time I saw it they just said thank you, they didn't promise to answer them all. I think they might select those questions that emphasise the strong features. And quickly dismiss negative answers. I think I will rely on fansites and players review, rather than this livestream ( the one and only moment in 3 weeks to get answers) .

Like you I hope to be wrong and pleasantly surprised. But my expectations are low and I am not hyped anymore.

Well even if they don't Sims Camp info will probably be out by Saturday.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited November 2019
    Maybe they only invited players who don't really care about deep gameplay and care more about build/buy? I'm sure the build/buy will be great, not so sure about gameplay and replayability. Iron Seagull and Pixelade are more interested in gameplay and have critiqued it before. No offense to James Turner and Lil' Simsie, but most of their critique are of build mode and not of the actual gameplay. Just a theory :/
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    Maybe they only invited players who don't really care about deep gameplay and care more about build/buy? I'm sure the build/buy will be great, not so sure about gameplay and replayability. Iron Seagull and Pixelade are more interested in gameplay and have critiqued it before. No offense to James Turner and Lil' Simsie, but most of their critique are of build mode and not of the actual gameplay. Just a theory :/

I'm a builder and Build/Buy has me concerned with the vast number of shell buildings and no answer to the Greek House question. This means that there might be precious little, if any, exterior build items. Shells don't need exterior items.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm a builder and Build/Buy has me concerned with the vast number of shell buildings and no answer to the Greek House question. This means that there might be precious little, if any, exterior build items. Shells don't need exterior items.

Good point. I don't recall City Living coming with a ton of exterior build items either, and that came with quite a few shell buildings as well. Who is this pack for? Here's hoping the gameplay is at least passable, but my hopes are fairly low.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I agree there’s a lot of people there who will be so excited to be there, probably won’t probe too much.
    I do think it’s good to see a mix up though. I’m not surprised Pixelade didn’t get invited but I am surprised Iron Seagull didn’t. The keeping it secret though is much like the promotion of this pack - very weird.

He criticized the DU pack/shared his mind in a video, maybe that‘s why.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    bixters wrote: »

XUrbanSimsX got invited as well as Jovan from The Sims Community.
  • Options
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

Julian has criticized packs before and was still called up to Sims Camp. I think their just picking new people so they can give them a chance to attend. I'm sure Julian and Pixelade will be called up in the next one.
  • Options

Julian has always been critical though, in a very constructive way. Even the video you refer to was not hateful or anything. Comparing him to Pixelade who has trashed the sims a lot and criticised Island living the second he got home from EA play Im not surprised he didn’t make it on the list.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    My fear: such silence and then, at 8th, they will say all the things we're afraid of (like the dorms being like the apartments from City Living, for example), but they'll say: "hey, but you can have bikes; robots; or look at it; look at that", for trying to make us to focus in the "good" other things and "forget" all the things they didn't put in the "expansion" or all the things they reused.

I kind of feel the same. I don't think they will answer every question, even after looking at the thread with questions like the ones at this forum. Last time I saw it they just said thank you, they didn't promise to answer them all. I think they might select those questions that emphasise the strong features. And quickly dismiss negative answers. I think I will rely on fansites and players review, rather than this livestream ( the one and only moment in 3 weeks to get answers) .

Like you I hope to be wrong and pleasantly surprised. But my expectations are low and I am not hyped anymore.

The news about sims camp wasn't out or hadn't reach me yet when I made that post. It does change things a bit. I hope we get more info once the embargo is lifted.

But excluding people like pixelade and iron seagull makes me reconsider trusting game changers. Can they be truly impartial? Especially when they don't just get an early copy for free, but also a trip to sims camp. Not saying the game changers don't want to be critical, but it is more difficult if you get free stuff.

These two game changers didn't just criticise sims 4, they both showed their enthusiasm for paralives multiple times. I think that might also be part of the decision to exclude them.
  • Options

The news about sims camp wasn't out or hadn't reach me yet when I made that post. It does change things a bit. I hope we get more info once the embargo is lifted.

But excluding people like pixelade and iron seagull makes me reconsider trusting game changers. Can they be truly impartial? Especially when they don't just get an early copy for free, but also a trip to sims camp. Not saying the game changers don't want to be critical, but it is more difficult if you get free stuff.

These two game changers didn't just criticise sims 4, they both showed their enthusiasm for paralives multiple times. I think that might also be part of the decision to exclude them.

Regardless if they were invited to Sims Camp they ll still get Early Access Codes cause their game changers.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2019

I have found the sims camps a weird thing overall, are EA paying the travel costs for all of these people? Sounds to me like a very expensive thing to do, and when they get to play it also sounds like they are in a very controlled environment. They get free travel to a place where they will probably hear nothing but positive things about the expansion pack, and they will also receive a free copy.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

Regardless if they were invited to Sims Camp they ll still get Early Access Codes cause their game changers.

You have a point there. Early access might not be tied to being invited to sims camp.