Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Future Worlds or Other Planets

Is anyone playing, or have you played in the past, a future world or a world on another planet or anything like that? Please tell me about your game. Screenshots welcome.

7e3d8a016ae0af27ce06878f3c611527eab21de3.png

b53b1d46c645f376c561aa83f7af5cd194bfdfe3.png

New colonists arriving on the planet Oasis 13.7 after some mysterious threat killed off all the colonists from the previous group. Dunh Dunh Dunh!
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In TS3 trials, taking advantage of the future pack from time to time. Way back when, BioWare's 'Knights of the Old Repubic'. Noting in TS4 as there is nothing to do it with, at least with EA provided material. I presume your interisting looking lot is CC utilized in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    edited October 2019
    I presume your interisting looking lot is CC utilized in Oasis Springs.

Except for the spaceship and jeep, there's no cc for the lot (lots of CC for the sims, though). Here are some interior pics of my no cc build so you can get an idea:

e1d2bf43930e416d5dceb24b7f12a9289358cadb.png
    Entrance and storage.

e6a06fd587013719234061e7215240792f3f10a4.png
    Main floor.

ac5d0a138e838fbc1036f3f533794e2af748d86e.png
    Overview of main floor.

7146d348cb3e7ee33e369da2041a1fd79527617c.png
    Back end of main floor. Toilets and showers behind the doors.

c73cd51cd2c7d68b38e3f0327e2cf78085310da1.png
    Third floor sleeping quarters.

e89605ea6a48d2649cb4af41c76b178d9ffe65ab.png
    Large balcony for growing food and other outdoor activities.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that I have a mod that removes a lot of the stuff from the neighborhood so that it looks more barren.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Once your colonists have settled in and are growing food, etc, what kind of plans do they have?

This makes me wish that the game were SOOO customizable that we could basically create our own game and story/premise. Customizing the worlds, naming and assigning tasks for an active career, enabling or disabling individual features.

But that won't happen. It's basically called game development. As an aside, when I first played Mass Effect I kept wishing my character could just hang out and live on the Citadel, the ship or some planet, just like a sim.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that I have a mod that removes a lot of the stuff from the neighborhood so that it looks more barren.

Which mod is that? It sounds useful.

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    New colonists arriving on the planet Oasis 13.7 after some mysterious threat killed off all the colonists from the previous group. Dunh Dunh Dunh!

This brings to mind a new age FM radio station. :D
  • Options
    Once your colonists have settled in and are growing food, etc, what kind of plans do they have?

I’m in the process of figuring out the challenges I want with this game, but basically the goals are two-fold. One is to keep a minimum amount of genetic diversity for the species to survive (I have a naming system that tracks maternal and paternal DNA) and the other is to add a certain number of specific types of buildings, called pods (for example, a gardening pod, a childcare pod, a wellness center pod, etc.). I’ll also have some dice rolls for chances of death from various things.
    This makes me wish that the game were SOOO customizable that we could basically create our own game and story/premise...As an aside, when I first played Mass Effect I kept wishing my character could just hang out and live on the Citadel, the ship or some planet, just like a sim.

LOL
    Which mod is that? It sounds useful.

I can’t remember the name of it, but I’ll try to find it when I’m back at my computer.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I have a Star Trek Voyager Couple Kathryn & Chakotay who are marooned on a Class M planet Newcrest.
    They are saved in the gallery under my user name SEREFRAS. I have labled their household & lot Resolution.
  • Options
    @SERVERFRA That’s so cool!
  • Options
    @CorkysPetals Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. The mod is called Timeless, A World Decluttering Mod and it's by Pandora's Simbox on Tumblr.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I have a game where it's set in Sim City a few decades into the future...only it's the future that people in the 1960s and 70s thought it would be like. I've redesigned the houses and venues to look more retro-futuristic. I don't have any screen shots yet but I'll take some and share them the next time I play.

BTW I love that military style jacket with the insignia on it...where did you get it?
  • Options
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg That sounds super cool. I would love to see screenshots! Looking forward to it.

I think I got the jacket on TSR, but I can’t remember who from. I’ll try to find the link and post it later.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    I've always wanted our sims to travel space and have planets to actually visit. I wished the rockets were instead like the Enterprise where a sims lived between visits to actual planets. I was hoping Sixam gave us the whole planet or at least a good size town where the aliens lived and such. I like the ability to have our own worlds we could build in Sims 2 and 3 - as i had several other planets my sims enjoyed and then Sims 3 even had one world that was quite alien I played in alot. I also played Into the Future to death. Love that ep.

I am not happy just changing up a world to look sort of alien although that world shown here looks interesting, in my head I know what world it is and that would bug me. LOL. Nice job though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BTW I love that military style jacket with the insignia on it...where did you get it?

Found it! It's by DanSimsFantasy on TSR, and it's called DSF Jacket Nominis Smoke.