Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Months later, does the Rebranding still bother you?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I dislike it.
    I really hate what they decided with on pack colors. I don't think I'll ever buy a physical case copy ever since those colors still bother me

I can mod my game to change the colors but I'd rather the old version better still
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2019
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Kind of shocking that only 14% like it.

It seemed logical to me that most people wouldn't really care about a loading screen.

Nonsense. The look of a loading screen makes or breaks my experience.
    ;)
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I like it!
    > @So_Money said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Nonsense. The look of a loading screen makes or breaks my experience.
    > (Spoiler)

Lol, cheeky.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I like it!
    Personally, I liked the changes. I never paid much attention to the pack icons 'cause I just searched fer whichever ones I wanted and I *think* I like the new loading screen better (but honestly, I can't even remember what the old one looked like, lol.)
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I dislike it.

It seemed logical to me that most people wouldn't really care about a loading screen.

It's not just a loading screen though. It's pack icons and pack art, which people collect and use to sort their game items.

I remember in sims 2 and 3 days I would put the pack shortcut icons in order on my desktop to show off my collection
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I like it!
    I like it ok I wish the game icons weren’t the same color though, I also wished they went with a lighter blue, but I love how it looks when you first enter game.
  • Options
    ChieftaindrakeChieftaindrake Posts: 7 New Member
    I dislike it.
    I've grown used to it, but I still don't like it. I personally just think there's too much color-- not clashing colors, just too much. I found the white/grey with colored accents to be much more appealing and easier on the eyes. But I guess we're stuck with it for now, lol.
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    I feel it was unnecessary. And I hate how it's not easy to tell packs apart now since all share the same color (expansions are blue, etc. etc.)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm Neutral.

I did when it was bright white, but the darker blue is much kinder and more helpful when preventing headaches.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

;)

lol the OP asked if we like it or not.. he didnt ask if its game-breaking or if anyone is losing sleep over it. So I know this is a sarcastic reply but I just dont understand what the sarcasm is aimed at.

What are these replies about it being unimportant meant to do? It's completely possible to like it or dislike it without it affecting your overall experience.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2019
    Reksoh wrote: »

;)
    What are these replies about it being unimportant meant to do?

Probably point out that the matter was unimportant. Often the most inconvenient thing about asking people what they think is having them tell you what they think; even more so when what they think does not line up with what you think. What then follows is the uncomfortable process of accommodating the reality that they do not agree with you, or even think that your stance or question(s) are unnecessary or insignificant.

• Options
    PrisinkiaPrisinkia Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2019
    [quote="OEII1001;c-17293379"]
    Probably point out that the matter was unimportant. Often the most inconvenient thing about asking people what they think is having them tell you what they think; even more so when what they think does not line up with what you think. What then follows is the uncomfortable process of accommodating the reality that they do not agree with you, or even think that your stance or question(s) are unnecessary or insignificant.
    [/quote]

I'm guessing you're referring to the OP there, but I think that is a bit uncalled for to say that the reason why he might find the result is surprising is because it doesnt align with his opinion. I am surprised by the result too and I haven't even voted, I find it hard to believe that most people literally have no opinion of it at all. I think the neutral option just kind of got used as a "it's not a big deal" option when the question was not really asking whether it's a big deal or not.

I just feel like people kind of forget that they can care about different things in different capacities and that that's okay lol.
    Post edited by Prisinkia on
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Prisinkia wrote: »
    I just feel like people kind of forget that they can care about different things in different capacities and that that's okay lol.

Exactly.. I mean I can care about my shoes matching my shirt and also about potential nuclear war with Russia all at the same time. The question being asked was not "are you going to throw a brick at your computer screen because of the redesign?" or something like this, lol.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Exactly.. I mean I can care about my shoes matching my shirt and also about potential nuclear war with Russia all at the same time. The question being asked was not "are you going to throw a brick at your computer screen because of the redesign?" or something like this, lol.

It should be noted that a loading screen in a video game is neither norms of dress nor global thermonuclear war. Again, it was asked what people thought, and people said what they thought. I think it is unhealthy to regulate what the appropriate view of the topic is, but I yield to your opinion on the matter.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2019

;)

lol the OP asked if we like it or not.. he didnt ask if its game-breaking or if anyone is losing sleep over it. So I know this is a sarcastic reply but I just dont understand what the sarcasm is aimed at.

What are these replies about it being unimportant meant to do? It's completely possible to like it or dislike it without it affecting your overall experience.

Relax, it was just a joke aimed at the angsty folks in the multiple 100+ reply topics we had a couple months ago. The front page was full of this topic and a lot of the replies were OTT to say the least. If you read through those, you’d swear that the change was in fact game-breaking.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited October 2019
    I dislike it.
    I normally play with a UI mod, but without the mod while the loading screen is better the main menu is still way too bright. And the new covers and icons are just bland, cheap, and boring and feel like they got thrown together by the intern at the last minute.
    Post edited by WaytoomanyUIDs on
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm Neutral.
    E -* I never really cared. I don't particularly like or dislike it either, it just is what it is. 🤷

* Nevermind I just realized the option is there. I should definitely be going to sleep. :)
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I dislike it.
    The plumbob really and the Logo of The Sims 4. I dislike it.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    I only really cared about the change because the loading screen made the game unplayable for me due to my sensory sensitivities.
  • Options
    I'm Neutral.

I'm guessing you're referring to the OP there, but I think that is a bit uncalled for to say that the reason why he might find the result is surprising is because it doesn't align with his opinion. I am surprised by the result too and I haven't even voted, I find it hard to believe that most people literally have no opinion of it at all. I think the neutral option just kind of got used as a "it's not a big deal" option when the question was not really asking whether it's a big deal or not.

Not so much no opinion, but a more balanced opinion. I can think of pros and cons of the rebranding. Sad when not taking extreme sides in anything in society is considered "it's not a big deal". I care, just don't have extremely bias towards the update in one direction or another. There are some things I like and some things I don't like, but I don't love or hate it. Something you learn with maturity I guess is life isn't always just black and white. There is a lot of grey you have to learn to deal with too. Whole Facebook mentality that dealing with life is just hitting a heart on a site. Quite a sad way to approach life not viewing it from every angle instead of just one. I do agree that "people forget they can care about different things in different capacities and that that's okay. If the Sims community wasn't so diverse I wouldn't want to be apart of it. I might as well be a sheep if I wanted to be like everyone else even if my opinion differs from an OP.

Makes me think of this picture:
    original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I'm Neutral.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I only really cared about the change because the loading screen made the game unplayable for me due to my sensory sensitivities.
    Sorry you have sensory sensitivities too. It can be rough.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm Neutral.
    I don't care either way because I don't notice it. The only thing that bothered me was the bright blue loading screen; now that it is fixed, I'm good.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I dislike it.
    I'm glad they fixed the loading screen, but the new pack design (base game excl - it's the only one I actually like) really offends my design sensibilities.

The colours are too similar for the ep/gp covers, and none of them match coherently. I guess with a better colour palette I wouldn't mind so much. I get that they were trying to cash in on the bold colours trend, but to me, the covers look really dated, or like a first year design project.