Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you having fun playing Sims 4 without mods?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    Yes, I can have fun without mods, but I have even more fun with them.
    I have my no cc saves on my laptop and my huge 30gb folder of alpha cc on my pc. It’s fun to play vanilla once in a while because it’s kind of like playing a different game, but it does get boring using the same objects all the time while decorating, so cc is the way to go for me personally.
  • Options
    AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    Yes, but I only use mods to fix the bugs.
    Mods certainly add more fun and increase gameplay time before getting bored. However, there is often the opportunity-cost of making your game very slow and laggy. Plus the almost-monthly repetition of having to reinstall outdated mods is a pain but I’d still say they’re worthwhile overall!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other
    I limp along without them. While I've read here mods have benefits, have also read how there are conflicts with one another and the game itself, and I don't have the time or patience to deal with that. Nor do I have the time or patience to deal with the slaughter house every time EA brings out a new pack/major patch. My mod is TS2, where the game rocks as is!
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    I have some mods atm, and trying some of them out for the first time. I do love playing with them though, especially the meaningful stories mod and ui cheats make my game better I think. But I can play without gameplay mods as well and still really enjoy the game. :smile:
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Yes, I don't need mods to enjoy the game.
    I only use MCC. If the sims had story progression I probably wouldn't use it. But I can enjoy my game without it and have before.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    No, the game is completely unplayable for me without mods.
    Sometimes switch off mods to make noCC Sims or builds for the Gallery. Usually end up screaming internally within ten minutes.
  • Options
    grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    edited October 2019
    No, I need mods to enjoy the game.
    The game is dull as rain even with standard mods. If it wasn't for the build features it wouldn't be worth playing, for me at any rate. Some exotic mods like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and the Sacrificial mods manage to inject a semblance of entertainment though. But I think I'll soon be due for a break.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I only have mods to add things that are missing, like nails and certain hair styles and chickens and a church lot trait. But I mostly like to play the game as is. So, I keep my mod folder to a minimum.

In TS3 after adding Island Paradise I had to get mods to make the game playable and finally came over to TS4 Christmas 2018 when even with mods TS3 was still too laggy and buggy. ((plays small violin, cause still in her feelings about this))

I really wish EA would've fixed all the problems with Island Paradise and pushed a new repaired world to everyone who purchased that EP -- and I paid full price for it too, not discounted.

I'm glad they push lots of freebies when they release a new EP/GP too. But there are still some things that I want in game that EA hasn't made, so I turn to some mods, mostly CC CAS or build stuff, not anything that fundamentally changes the games programming.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes, but I only use mods to fix the bugs.
    I can live/play without mods, since I normally only use them to fix bugs and glitches.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    The mods I use are mostly bug-fixes, an eye mod as well as a few others like personality please and a few custom stuff packs.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yes, I can make myself content to play without mods, but since I use Road to Fame to allow for a singer Sim again, I am really preferring to have that in my game. Plus, if I try to play my ancestral game save, I'm limited to 8 Sims on a lot which wouldn't do. Just which of my ancestors am I to leave out? For instance, my fifth great-grandfather was baby number seven. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    I added so many mods into Sims 2 and expected to do the same for Sims 4 but so far, I find no reason to touch mods. I enjoy the game as is and haven't found myself bored. For different sims and their personalities, I try to do things in the game I've never touched or tried before. Which, as it turns out, is a lot.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    I hardly ever see bugs in my game and play a lot of households in some of my saves that I don't need mods to add anything more to my games. I play every household different than the others so adding mods would just be a waste of time to me especially when they are not actually made for the game anyway... Mods to me is just a way to make the game bigger than it is and nothing i need to do as my game is never boring for sure. I do wish the sims had more traits and better personalities, but I do not care to use mods to change that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Other
    I've been playing the game since day one without mods in all of it's incarnations and then about a month ago I put Mccc in and liked the fact the townies were getting pregnant and doing things while I focused. No matter what I start it pairs Mila Munch with Don Lothario, guess he does have mummy issues after all! So after the third time it happened I thought I'm going to play this and had a ball. To cut a long story short I then downloaded a heap of mods to try for something different and then got into custom content that I can't wait to use. I guess when my mods folder explodes i'll go back to vanilla but for now it's nice to try something new.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Other
    No, but not because I need mods for fun. I have no plans to ever use any. I'm not having fun due to the lack of enjoyable gameplay for me personally.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I was really unsure which one to choose, for the most part I do play mod-free, or did until ROM since I had to download quite a few to fix annoying aspects of magic world, I'm hoping with the next patch I'll be able to delete them though. There are a couple of mods I really enjoy that make gameplay a bit more interesting namely risky woohoo and fatal spells and vampires, but I would still have fun in the Sims 4 without them.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Without mods my game becomes all nice and tame. Gross!
    I try not to be too mod heavy, so besides the essentials like MCCC and pose player, I have like 3 or 4 mods to keep my game from getting too stale.
  • Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I recently started playing with mods and I can't live without them. ;)