Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hello all, haven't been around much since there's a lot going on in my life right now. Family injuries and hospital stays. Family illness. Deaths of people I know. Job stress (which finally sorted itself out this week).

I've been spending more time with my husband and my new kitties during my down time, taking time for self-care, and just in game playing and enjoying playing for the sake of playing. But today I felt the need to write another I Have Never chapter so here's the latest....

kJjAHlF.png
    Cake for Breakfast

If you haven't read much of this story, or haven't started yet, I'm not that far in. It's the story of an elder protagonist who grieves the loss of her life partner and reinvents herself by discovering all the things about herself she doesn't know or hasn't yet explored. It's interesting for me to work through and write this now during my season of difficulties, and even though I'm nowhere near Sophie's age, I am inspired by her to do some of the same things... because life is too short to let time slip by unnoticed.

I'm so sorry about all of that. Life is tough sometimes. I started my new (and first) job a few weeks ago and at the same time my mom was admitted to hospital. It's been difficult to sit down and write SimLit and I've mostly just played in the last few days (I'm exhausted in the evenings). I do plan to continue my stories, though. I just need better time management.

Anyway, I'm so glad the second chapter of I Have Never is out! I absolutely loved the first one, so I'm looking forward to this! :)

Thank you, @divanthesimmer. Hugs to you. Hope your family is doing well. My father-in-law and brother-in-law both landed in the hospital recently for different reasons. One will be quite a bit longer, and isn't entirely unexpected, and the other is already home resting. I'm really close with my in-laws so this has been a trying season for us, but we're pulling through.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @divanthesimmer @AdamsEve1231 hang in there! I'll be thinking of you both (an in-laws are as family as your siblings IMO as long as you want them to be)

Uh...any Discover University hype? I'm really not into the simlit community right now and may never fully come back, but I will join my peers in the hype for not having to fake university scenes in stories anymore. :triumph:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @divanthesimmer @AdamsEve1231 hang in there! I'll be thinking of you both (an in-laws are as family as your siblings IMO as long as you want them to be)

Uh...any Discover University hype? I'm really not into the simlit community right now and may never fully come back, but I will join my peers in the hype for not having to fake university scenes in stories anymore. :triumph:

i think the rumors are false. they said in livestreams we get 3 and we did already if i counted right.
  • Options

i think the rumors are false. they said in livestreams we get 3 and we did already if i counted right.

Once you put up a YouTube premiere for the trailer, you've pretty much confirmed it: https://simscommunity.info/2019/10/21/the-sims-4-discover-university-trailer-premieres-tomorrow/

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

Once you put up a YouTube premiere for the trailer, you've pretty much confirmed it: https://simscommunity.info/2019/10/21/the-sims-4-discover-university-trailer-premieres-tomorrow/

i was hopeingit wasn't true. mom and the people i shop with are making sure i only spend 80 dollars a week. a good orgin card is 60 cause it covers more than 1 pack. so i will have to put it on my wishlist.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I really want university! It was one of my most favorite expansions of TS3. I do hope though we'd get some stuff in TS4 University like TS2 University like broader major options, career rewards, secret societies, and the like. We'll see.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@InfraGreen Thank you. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    adamandeve. i didn't have cake for breakfast but i did have brownie bites as part of lunch.thought you'd be amused. :)
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited October 2019

Thank you! My mom is out of hospital now, but will be back for check-ups soon. I just hope everything goes well.

I'm really excited for university (even though it should've been one of the first EPs IMO). The leaked description makes it sound really fun and I'm so excited for bicycles to return! And our Sims can become teachers and there are other new careers as well! It even sounds like we'll be able to create robots again!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    Hello all, haven't been around much since there's a lot going on in my life right now. Family injuries and hospital stays. Family illness. Deaths of people I know. Job stress (which finally sorted itself out this week).

I've been spending more time with my husband and my new kitties during my down time, taking time for self-care, and just in game playing and enjoying playing for the sake of playing. But today I felt the need to write another I Have Never chapter so here's the latest....

kJjAHlF.png
    Cake for Breakfast

If you haven't read much of this story, or haven't started yet, I'm not that far in. It's the story of an elder protagonist who grieves the loss of her life partner and reinvents herself by discovering all the things about herself she doesn't know or hasn't yet explored. It's interesting for me to work through and write this now during my season of difficulties, and even though I'm nowhere near Sophie's age, I am inspired by her to do some of the same things... because life is too short to let time slip by unnoticed.

I'm so sorry about all of that. Life is tough sometimes. I started my new (and first) job a few weeks ago and at the same time my mom was admitted to hospital. It's been difficult to sit down and write SimLit and I've mostly just played in the last few days (I'm exhausted in the evenings). I do plan to continue my stories, though. I just need better time management.

Anyway, I'm so glad the second chapter of I Have Never is out! I absolutely loved the first one, so I'm looking forward to this! :)

Thank you, @divanthesimmer. Hugs to you. Hope your family is doing well. My father-in-law and brother-in-law both landed in the hospital recently for different reasons. One will be quite a bit longer, and isn't entirely unexpected, and the other is already home resting. I'm really close with my in-laws so this has been a trying season for us, but we're pulling through.

Thank you, Lizzie. Same to you. My mom has chronic illnesses, which often lands her in hospital. This time her organs was the reason (enlarged and infected). Hoping for a speedy recovery for your in-laws.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options

kJjAHlF.png
    Cake for Breakfast

Thank you, Lizzie. Same to you. My mom has chronic illnesses, which often lands her in hospital. This time her organs was the reason (enlarged and infected). Hoping for a speedy recovery for your in-laws.

hopefully your mom has a speedy recovery too. i commented on adamandeve post earlier but i coulsn't quite figure out yours. cause i was trying to read the quotes.
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Is there a new limit on signatures here? :'(

I tried to edit my sigg to put a link to my story and it's saying that it's too long!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Is there a new limit on signatures here? :'(

I tried to edit my sigg to put a link to my story and it's saying that it's too long!

bugsie gets around by abreviating,
  • Options

kJjAHlF.png
    Cake for Breakfast

hopefully your mom has a speedy recovery too. i commented on adamandeve post earlier but i coulsn't quite figure out yours. cause i was trying to read the quotes.

Thank you. :)
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    legacy will be happy tomrrow. hes wanted university forever.
  • Options
    The trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtPy-71fkSc

I'm :') It feels like home to me!

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Bikes, mascots, build robots, all confirmed. :3

I'm rather excited about the secret society bit
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Bikes, mascots, build robots, all confirmed. :3

I'm rather excited about the secret society bit

me too. i was like how am i going to afford it. but since i currently have no services mom buys most of my food.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I won't be getting it any time soon unless I can get it from a friend as a super late birthday present xD I still want island living and realm of magic :(
  • Options
    i got 3 awesomes yesterday commenting on someone posting sims needing more personality. i told them noel and lauren spent 48 hours slapping each other. did i mention it was 48 real hours ? not sim hours. it was hard for me to watch cause i didn't create the kids but i did create them. so two of my favorite sims suddenly hate each other
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    I won't be getting it any time soon unless I can get it from a friend as a super late birthday present xD I still want island living and realm of magic :(

i ended up sticking it on my wishlist. which i feel bad about because if i could buy it myself it would be cheaper cause i have orgin acess. but ihave people watching every dollar i spend so things like orgin cards are considered luxry items. to mom i get the packs cause dad bought me the game
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    I’m super excited for university. When I heard the first rumors last month, it made me miss sending my sims off to uni in 3. That’s why I fudged it and did a makeshift university for Fern. I’m excited to have her eventual kids or their kids or whatever go to university.

I hope they add in a good roommate system that can be used for all the towns, not just the college towns.

Oh, I also posted. It took forever, but I finally finished today’s post!

I blame Tom.

Rainbow Sundae 3.7
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    I'm gonna try to do the build-a-bundle with Uni, RoM, and Moschino for Christmas!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If I get Discover University in time, it's going to add a lot to Spellbound (to be published this Friday!)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I. Can't. Even. I'm so excited for Uni. Just in time for my Green-Simself triplets for Gen 2! Among other things! :smiley::open_mouth:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top