Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 20TH ANNIVERSARY

On February 4th 2020; it will be The Sims 20th Anniversary! Can you believe it? 😧 I still remember the day I got Sims 1 and the excitement I felt. Do you think EA/ Maxis have anything planned for this big milestone? Maybe a huge free update or something bigger?

Comments

• Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Maybe an other Birthday Suit with Llamas and Plumbobs? :D

I think they'll have something fitting the occasion. But if it's something the players are expecting...
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    They better give us THAT giant basegame update with new traits, cars, swimming in all worlds, bug fixes and split levels.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I will be curious just to see how they choose to celebrate their 20th.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    They've done a BG update/patch/content for TS4's 5th anniversary so I'm pretty sure there's going to be *something*. What it is though is anyone's guess (and well, who knows who's going to guess right).
    Mine is that it's going to have something to do with the original game - items or gameplay brought back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    20 years is a big mark, and proof the franchise is still going strong, but just as much proof that the developers clearly know the secret sauce to keeping TS addictive after 20 years where others would of struggled.

For something that big with that much effort invested into it. I guess we will see if they do something just as impressive for their 20th. i'm going to stop short of speculating what it might be though.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Bring Sims 1 and 2 to GOG.com with a small update for modern screen resolutions. Ok probably not but I can dream.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Bring Sims 1 and 2 to GOG.com with a small update for modern screen resolutions. Ok probably not but I can dream.
    That would involve making them DRM-free, something that would probably not click well with EA.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I"m guessing cars.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    A couple of new wall swatches and a T-shirt with a logo on it.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    That would involve making them DRM-free, something that would probably not click well with EA.
    Normally I would agree but Spore is on there so you never know.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims 1 complete available on Origin would be my dream request. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Maybe a Sims 5 will be announced?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Maybe a Sims 5 will be announced?

And miss out on E3 for the chance to really show the world TS5 in a big surprise?
    Can't imagine EA will pass that type of opportunity up! :smiley:
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I hope they make TS1 and all its expansion packs free to download through Origin. That'd be a nice way for Simmers to see where the franchise started. Make it and TS2 playable and upgraded (enough) to run on a Windows 10 system.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    On February 4th 2020; it will be The Sims 20th Anniversary! Can you believe it? 😧 I still remember the day I got Sims 1 and the excitement I felt. Do you think EA/ Maxis have anything planned for this big milestone? Maybe a huge free update or something bigger?

I would die if they release a new world in a free update... Sims 1 world to be more precise. hehe
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I hope they make TS1 and all its expansion packs free to download through Origin. That'd be a nice way for Simmers to see where the franchise started. Make it and TS2 playable and upgraded (enough) to run on a Windows 10 system.

And on Mac! ;)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Mine is that it's going to have something to do with the original game - items or gameplay brought back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Heart-shaped bed and Bonehilda would be nice. If they added the levitating bed and the food replicator from TS3 rewards as well, even better.
    And, as others said, another empty world (with at least two 64x64 lots and several others at least 40x40, please) and split levels would be really nice.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    A CAS item and a build/buy item, if we're lucky. Maybe this time a sweatshirt and decorative item, wall art or tchotchke.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »

Now you're talking!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They better give us THAT giant basegame update with new traits, cars, swimming in all worlds, bug fixes and split levels.
    Exactly this but I'd rather have improved traits over new traits that also do nothing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited October 2019
    MMX wrote: »

There are other EA games on GoG like SC3K, so that isn't a deal breaker. And IIRC the version of TS2 on Origin no longer has SecureRom, or it wouldn't function on Win10, although it still requires Origin, but there are ways around that.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    @Hoverael Does EA even attend E3 any more? I thought they started having their own event (EA Play) during that time.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited October 2019
    My fingers are crossed for The Sims 1 to be released on origin. I would also love some stuff from past games added to the Sims 4, like Mrs. Crumplebottom perhaps?
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2019
    I hope we get Sims 1 somehow, yeah!!

I'm one of those younger simmers (still older than 20, but I started with TS3), so I've never even had a chance to play TS1. I got Sims 2 for free, it's awesome! Let the rest of us try Sims 1 too. Update that, and TS2, to be compatible with newer systems.

It probably won't happen, but I can dream, right? This is such a milestone anniversary.

I still vaguely remember the 10th. We got some free stuff on The Sims 3 Store then. So I'm at least expecting some content in the anniversary patch. That's probably the most realistic outcome.

But man... Sims 1....

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @Hoverael Does EA even attend E3 any more? I thought they started having their own event (EA Play) during that time.

I'm not familiar with EA play and i don't see much information on it outside EA own sites, but it has been going back at least 2 years from the link information i'm seeing though. I'd just assume they also have a spot at E3 just to make sure EA has as much exposure as possible to the public as possible for their games.