Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which would you want as the next pack

Comments

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Outer space
    The best of the worst among the given options. Could be fun.

Farming - Like I mentioned in another thread, if I wanna do farming I'll play Stardew Valley or the like.

Medieval - We already have Sims Medieval.

Cars - Since TS4 isn't an open world game I don't see the point.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,879 Member
    Cars
    I wan't cars (not sure they need an EP though, I guess a GP would be enough), and farming would be nice too. Not interested at all in outer space. Medieval though I wouldn't mind.
  • Options
    CrimsonstarsxCrimsonstarsx Posts: 7 New Member
    Farming
    I think farming or medieval would be good. Have kings and queens. Plus with the plants and gardening, farming would be fun to see what they could come up with.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Medieval
    I was torn between medieval setting and outer space, but then I was thinking that I probably wouldn't use outer space all that much, so medieval it is. Anything that screams "peasant" and "royal" looking is fine by me. And I really love The Sims Medieval, so some new decor objects and similar clothes would be more than awesome.

Farming would be okay too, as long as it didn't include killing animals in any way.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Farming
    Actually I am not interested in any of these because we have had a space or future world in Sims 3, as for Medieval I could care less because EA did make a pack about Medieval which was boring. Farming we had sort of in Sims 3 but I would only want it if we could get horses.
  • Options
    QuestScribeQuestScribe Posts: 3 New Member
    Outer space
    Okay, I voted for Space because I knew it would get less votes. Here's the deal: I want BOTH space and medieval packs/expansions. Not that I wouldn't want farming or cars (especially the animals and carriages/rovers--those could easily applied to space and medieval...and Island Living, and so on...)!

But the geek in me screams for outer space. I imagine it like Sulani, except with one or two alien worlds with a space station, and you can either have a small rocket ship (already in game) or build the exterior and interior of your ship as part of a quest, much like the environment of Sulani changes depending on your actions. On each alien planet and the space station would be like neighborhoods. I'd love the option to build apartments or shopping or non-residential lots for the space station, while on the two planets (please let one be Mars-like) while the other could be more lush and full of alien life, we could have larger areas for domed structures and places for our Sims to explore.

I'd love to have a second alien race with different powers added for our sims. Much like Sulani, there would be new traits (just examples: child of the stars for alien lineage, and a trait for those who dream of traveling to space and those sims born in space). There would be at least one or two quests and new or modified careers (doctors, cops, scientists, actors, and retail, etc in space--'nuff said). It would be fun to have functional space suits like diving or snorkeling gear and a zero g athletic activity.

For those wanting cars, with a Sulani like environment, we could easily have rovers or other transportation craft that hover (think zero g water craft).

New clothing could include two or three alien culture based outfits, space station uniforms, two or three colonist outfits, and the functional space suits.

As far as space pets, we could design a robot and/or have an alien animal native to the included planet.

Finally, with Realms of Magic or Vampires installed, there could be a portal to ROM, while new alien powers could function against or with either skill tree. The Star Trek and Star Wars geek in me is excited at the possibilities.

Since I'm an absolute geek, I want to add a second post about my runner-up, the medieval pack.
  • Options
    QuestScribeQuestScribe Posts: 3 New Member
    Outer space
    Okay, I voted for Outer Space, but I have to be honest, my runner up was Medieval. So I left a post about my ideas for Outer Space. This is what I'm looking for in a Medieval Pack.

Many of the features from Outer Space could be carried over into the Medieval pack. It could have a portals to ROM and the regular Sim world, but for any Sim traveling to the past or to space, attire is a must! Like hot and cold clothing, medieval and space sims each would include one new outfit slot. Medieval would give us multiple new outfits and a variety of accessories (finally scarves and sashes) for all ages ... and occult races.

I'd also love to see some aspects of the medieval game return, including modified Sims 4 careers. Save the kingdom from crises and spies with squires, knights, and spies! Have your doctors be disgusting with leeches or put those potions and herbalist skills to work as an apothecary. We've got magic, now--let's get court wizards or witches trained from that realm! Want to own a tavern or trade in the latest imported goods from far away lands? Go to Work and Get Together! Finally, we can have bands or orchestras and additional plays. Oh, yes, let there be fame!

Since we all want farms, why make it a separate expansion when you can easily have cows, chickens, goats, sheep, and horses here! Not to mention new activities for cats and dogs. Sims 4 just got medieval for your present Sims! Finally, the world would be incomplete without a pet dragon, gryphon, or for the very worst in sorcery, something creepier, like a giant spider. Eww! Creepies! (At least they're not alien spiders...hey, Outer Space!) Oh, and the pit monster must return. Just think, with Outer Space and Medieval with a farm, our veterinarians are going to be busy... Speaking of a farm, we've gone medieval: I think it's time for a winery. And what would our scientists do? Surely not rely only on magic. A new observatory would be needed to view alien worlds or glimpse the future (present)... And for the politicians, let's play a game of the throne and bring back royal decrees, etc for kings, queens, stewards, and a jealous noble or two. They could host tournaments or events for the citizens, which would change how the city looks and functions over time (like Sulani). Throw a royal party to earn fame points! That other noble house could try to unseat the current ruler or help--all using the adjusted fame system for trade, village and noble activities, and tournaments.

The world layout would include neighborhoods. In one neighborhood would be the palace and manor lots, as well as the career location for the wizard, scientist, and knight/spies (career locations could be worked on using cheats). Tournaments would occur here--including magical and occult-based ones if the player has the packs.

The second neighborhood would include the village proper with smaller lots for an apothecary store, clinic, a market, and new tavern/inn lot type (one large enough to include staging decorations), plus two new lots for a farm and a vineyard/winery/brewery. Fairs and festivals would occur in the village proper.

The third neighborhood would include the docks, an island, and the forest, with 3-4 lots, several as partial water, and one in the forest or cave for occult races. A pirate ship or merchant ship would appear at the docks. There would also obviously be water activities adapted from Sulani, forest activities from Outdoor or Jungle Adventure,

Overall, the world size would be big, but like Outer Space, these are really one-of-a-kind worlds--and would help make up for lack of lot options in ROM. That said, again, all the other expansions and game play packs would really be useful. This is like end game stuff...in the past...

Tournaments, fairs, and other events, including merchant or pirate ship appearing at the docks, would operate like City Living fairs. plus water activities like Sulani...including an area for our mermaids and mermen. Maybe a second lot on an island for Simlantis? We already have volcanoes...just sayin'. Meanwhile, the merchant can offer trade opportunities with unseen foreign lands or also serve (along with the forest and maybe area around the farms) be a source of random rabbit hole quests. Unlike Outer Space, seasons would impact the neighborhoods.

Finally, each would have at least one appropriate aspiration (probably a Location) to add. I think it would be easy to add an Athletic and Social aspiration to Medieval (either a friend to the ruler or become the ruler), and Knowledge and Social to Space.

Who knows, this could totally lend itself to the introduction of werewolves, fairies, goblins, and elves for the occult player...

In conclusion, I absolutely would love BOTH an Outer Space and a Medieval expansion pack...but Outer Space needs to stay in the running, which is why it got my vote. Cheers.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    None of them.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    None of the listed are even in my top ten?
    Not a very good poll if you are forcing people to choose only what you want, wheres the other option.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    uh ... definitively none of them
    But farming could be interesting if we got rabbits and horses to earn as true pets and if we got stuffs to decorate houses when the Harvest day is coming up (because we are absolutely nothing except the Abundance horn?) that's not serious.
    The idea for me it's to have a kind of Freetime because we need to do activities in this game and something that make the Charities playable not as a rabbit holes.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Medieval
    Medieval as it's a fascinating period and is not something EA has done in regular Sims games before. Second place would be an outright Victorian one. While farming has promise, I have a gut feeling EA would only make a mess of it, if only because they are citified geeks that likely know little to nothing about what is really involved. Also doubtful that many simmers would think that tending large expanses of crops, caring for animals (which would need to be added), farm chores, and in general being self-sufficient would make for fun game play.

As for the rumored university, that would likely be another one and done confined to a single world with little impact sort of thing.

Bottom line: something actually well thought out and executed. For once.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Farming
    Farming with ranches and horses and livestock and the whole nine yards! I am happy with most anything but if any sort of farming thing came out (maybe with some new skills or recipes, etc too) would be incredibly cool for me!
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    _000key wrote: »

None of the above. I want university as we are long overdue for it. Sims need education.
  • Options
    Medieval
    Sims need to be properly developped, complex, and interesting. As in TS2 for starters then improved from there. If you insist on education, how about trade schools where they can learn something that's actually useful?
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Farming
    Farming. Cows, chickens, goats, pigs, and sheep. Farm animals Sims can get products from to sell, make things, or make food from. Tractors, tiller for poor, wagon to carry things, other farm equipment, crops, a farmer's market, ability to have as many animals as on wants. Plant sim permanently. Antiques, farm hat, a few farm CAS for all age groups. Very important: electric fences, rickety fence, wood fence, and barbwire. If shocked in rain or cut on barbwire, game patched so hospital can treat Sims, both as a person and also if your sim is in the medical field.

Rather have horses in another pack unless they put in carriages. You don't get farm products from horses, so if no wagon or plow tie in, then they wouldn't be farm related. Would rather have horses, unicorns, and Pegasus in a separate pack with various carriages. If we got horses, they wouldn't put all the animals above in and a farm pack needs to be farm related. I'd rather have the animals above, because we will only get so many. This isn't Sims3 ep where loads of content came in it, plus My First Pet also shows this. That one should've had birds, insects, reptiles, and gerbils along with the huge wall aquarium from S1. That's why I don't want things not farming related as it will take away from stuff that is farm related.
  • Options
    Medieval
    For plowing you want oxen, not horses. Oxen are also good for heavy hauling and your cider mill. Horses, as you said, are transportation so need wagons/carriages to be farm related.
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Medieval
    Voted for Medieval, but really meant 'any historical era of interest'. I'd love a time traveling pack with different eras being like holiday worlds of limited stay time, but considering the limitations of how much stuff can be put into a pack, it probably would have only one era, and therefore limited, unless they'd use the same mechanic for several packs. One could go to future, even.

Also really looking forward to the farming pack, that would be wonderful! I want more animals, too, whether they'd be household members or more limited interaction objects of sorts. Although if there's enough animals to make a farm, they couldn't really be household members. Can you imagine seven chickens and a sim? That's like a sitcom waiting to happen! Maybe preserves and nectar making too, and it could take in use some Seasons stuff, like the bees 'n Patchy.

Always up for anything space related, maybe expanding on Sixam and the alien lore already existing, but I don't feel this very likely option. Would love it, but not thinking it probable.

I had even forgotten cars were some sort of option, I absolutely do not need them in my game, nor see the sense in driving for five seconds and hitting a loading screen. I don't think Sims 4 is a game for them, they need more open worlds.

Looking forward to University, should be fun. Having vague hopes of teacher career, and research possibilities, but will be happy with the usual teens getting educated version, too.

As for other wishes that weren't mentioned, I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what the dev team will do now that the Big Requests and Old Packs have been mostly handled. Obviously not all ever, but I think after University the big battle cries are done?

Personally I'd like to see the band system returning, for sims to play together, could use Get Famous fame system for those who have it, and for those who don't it could be a social activity. Or additional work-from-home music career.

Always looking forward to all and any supernatural content, but since we just got RoM, I think the possible next one will take quite some time.

More holiday destinations, like already mentioned. Different cultures, customs, adventures, skills to learn!

Would also love more detailed life stages beyond young adult & adult, especially elders. 'n also better babies.

Oh, and as incredibly unlikely as this is, I must add: bunnies! Maybe in the farm pack? 'n not as cage-interaction-objects, either!

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't care about any of those options. I would like a pack focused on family/generations or hobbies/sports. Something that focuses on all the sims life stages and enhances the overall gameplay.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2019
    Farming
    Farming for sure! Imagine owning a farm and raising cows, pigs and chickens! How cute would that be? Craft your own nectar (wine) from the fruits on your farm. Cook up preserves and can them up. Craft dairy products from your cow‘s milk with a butter churn! Ride a tractor! Be self-sufficient while living off the grid!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2019
    Farming
    While farming has promise, I have a gut feeling EA would only make a mess of it, if only because they are citified geeks that likely know little to nothing about what is really involved.

I‘d like to see Amish culture in a farming expansion, they don‘t rely on modern technology and still use 18th century tools like a butter churn. That would be interesting to play with!

Farming should have a mix of modern farms and old-school Amish “do it by hand“ farms.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    jutrzenka3jutrzenka3 Posts: 18 Member
    Farming
    I'm between farming and cars honestly.

Farming would be great because they could expand on the gardening skill (I personally LOVE gardening in the Sims) and/or create a new "agriculture" skill or something that. Maybe put in some cool farming equipment. The addition of horses, cows, chickens, etc. would be really fun too, and being able to live off of your farm as a business.

BUT I think cars would be awesome if they came out with a pack like the Sims 2 FreeTime, and mechanics was a hobby along with a couple other things. Maybe farming could be a hobby too! Definitely think cars have the potential to look great in the Sims 4 though.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited October 2019
    Outer space
    How about a post-apocalyptic steampunk off-grid world? With fixes to the things that make existing off-grid options annoying and broken, plus a disruption in careers, with options unique to that situation, in which materials are abundant, but production and distribution lines are primitive and finding ways to retrofit everything to mechanical power is nevessary?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    How about let Sims 4 end instead? I've played enough of it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    _000key wrote: »

I can't say I'd enjoy seeing any of this built into a formal EP. I think that Farming could be a stuff pack, just adding farm content and using the existing gardening skill and collectables.

The rest don't really have legs if I'm being really honest. :s

1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Farming
    Well out of those, easily Farming.

Medieval sounds cool but it's not something I can use to expand my current families/worlds and I don't feel like playing a separate game now.

Outer Space same issue I'm afraid. Although would love for them to do an aliens overhaul and make them as interesting as Vampires.

Cars don't sound like an expansion pack to me, sounds more like a Stuff Pack and I'm not into SP's that much.