Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could add one spell/potion what would it be?

If you could add any new spell or potion to Realm of magic, which would you pick and why?

For me it's hard. There's several spells I want back. The conversion ritual from sims 3, magically upgrade from sims 3, Tempus Interruptus from sims 2, (time freezing spell, the entire world would freeze in place except ghosts, other witches and their familiars, and time would not progress until you undid it or it wore off), and the Summon/Banish a sim spell from sims 2.

I REALLY want the time freezing spell, but I feel like summoning/banishing a sim would be used much more often. I was sad to see it was left out. It's basically like the vampire power "command to leave", except they get booted away in a puff of smoke.
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    The Enchant spell from Makin' Magic. I'd love to have gnomes and flamingos just wandering around my main's garden!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The ability to clean another sim, including those as young as infants. That was my most used spell in TS3.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    For a spell I would want to raise a Zombie or skeleton minion from the grave to serve the Spellcaster.

For a potion, I'd want a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde effect so the Spellcaster would temporarily get a dark form with random traits.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    A polyjuice spell or potion.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    - A weather controlling spell, I know we can do this with the weather machine but a magical option for weather control would have been nice.
    - spells to turn sims into vampires and mermaids and cures as well
    - Spell that work on younger sims like cleaning them, giving them a homework boost,...
    - A spell or potion to turn others sims or themselves temporarily into an animal like a cat or a dog.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Weather control, enchantment like in Makin’ Magic (loves doing that on the gnomes), summoning and banishing, time freezing...

I can’t pick just one, there’s too many.

—T
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    For a spell I would want to raise a Zombie or skeleton minion from the grave to serve the Spellcaster.

For a potion, I'd want a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde effect so the Spellcaster would temporarily get a dark form with random traits.

The potion is cool, I’d like that.

—T
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2019
    I can think of several needed spells, but I really want to control weather with magic and not have my spell casters use the weather machine.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oooh Just one?

Ugh It's between... well More like an overhaul for Infernate, Chillio, and Zip Zap and then give those spells a Power Upgrade.

Fireball - I just wish there was more of an animation that a Sim would conjure the ball of fire in hand and direct it to it's target.

Deep Freeze - More than just freezing Sims, Freeze objects, and leave traces of snow and ice.

Lightning Surge - See Season's Temporary Storm Caster/Summoner. Spell caster Sim would be able to go into that form at will. and summon lighting down from the heavens, and command surges of electricity at sims and objects.

More Destructive and Helpful in different situations.

But If I were to choose only One Spell:
    The power to rip out Sim's Hearts and control other sims with them. It is so the sims they would be so much more awesome if they could do that. I rather control another's heart, so I can control all of my victim's actions.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Definitely Enchantment, we already have gnomes that move around on their own, it be fun to have them do chores.
  • Options
    aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    Iron Seagull mentioned in one of his videos that in The Sims 2 you could turn your pet into a human with magic. I don't personally remember this but would've LOVED if this was in Realm of Magic.
  • Options
    DeleteDelete Posts: 27 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The ability to clean another sim, including those as young as infants. That was my most used spell in TS3.

Can Scruberoo do that? I know it works for adult/ teen sims but I've never tried it on kids or younger.

I'd like for spells to be more deadly. My spellcasters are still only about level 4 so I dont know if this exists but if you have a high level spell caster cast Inferniate or Chillio the sims getting casted on could burn/ freeze to death.

If I could add a spell maybe the pet to human transformation spell mentioned above or if I had to be original... hmm... this isnt exactly a spell but having a tomb you can read that gives you levitation powers so that when sims do every day things they get cute animations with maybe a confident buff. Like if a sim were to read something the books would have the tomb reading animation or for eating the spoon or fork they use could just levitate to their mouth with some sparkles around it or something. Not really useful but its more for aesthetics, like brooms or teleportation.
  • Options
    kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    Resurrect zombies and weather control are the main ones I want. I hope they add more spells for witches as more packs come
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Iron Seagull mentioned in one of his videos that in The Sims 2 you could turn your pet into a human with magic. I don't personally remember this but would've LOVED if this was in Realm of Magic.

I didn't really play with magic in The Sims 2 so i don't know if it was a spell but that was definitely a spell in The Sims 1. They also had a spell that aged kids into adults since aging wasn't a feature yet.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

I didn't really play with magic in The Sims 2 so i don't know if it was a spell but that was definitely a spell in The Sims 1. They also had a spell that aged kids into adults since aging wasn't a feature yet.

Yeah, sims 1; a friend indeed spell, will turn your animal into a human sim.

Sims 2 didn’t have any transformation spells.

—T
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Spell - Rise a Zombie

Potion - Age Down a sim
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I would love to have Beautificus Locus/ Corruptus Locus from TS2 back again. These two spells just looked so powerful and were so nicely animated. I loved making my good witches show up on a lot, and sort of bless it with this spell: everything cleaned and repaired, all sick plants returned to health, and everything blooming with rays of golden light beaming everywhere. (Of course I was less fond of evil witches showing up randomly at bars and making the lots dirty, with broken appliances and electronics and infestations of roaches).

I would love to have the option of Virtuoso level spellcasters at least being able to cast spells this powerful that could affect everything on the lot. These spells could go under the Untamed and Mischief categories at the very top level of difficulty.

I would also like to have a few weather spells, but not the natural weather abilities of the mermaids like clear skies or summon storm (which in my opinion suit them well). I think it would be great to have instead some really magical weather spells, like a Magic Rain that causes a sparkling rain to fall and drop really rare collectibles (rare plants, rare crystals, and especially the rare wands and brooms that are so hard to find in this pack). Rain of gold could drop piles of gold coins around the lot which could gradually fade. However, if your sim gathered them up quickly he or she could gain random sums of money or the odd precious metal or gem.

There could also be a Rain of Toads to lower sims’ moods (which would actually also be beneficial if the frogs were catchable as some of them too are hard to find ingredients) or a Storm of Flies (where a strong wind carrying a swarm of flies could infest every plant on the lot, forcing sims quickly to take care of the pests so that their plants wouldn’t die). Another good spell could be Blessing of Bees where a golden swarm of magical bees could be conjured, pollinating every plant on the lot, raising it nearly to the next level, ready to be evolved, and loading it down with produce or blooms before raising the happiness levels of all the sims too and then flying off.

Storm of the Dead could call up a host of red and angry ghosts who could fly around a lot possessing and breaking objects and deliberately scaring and tormenting sims, and there could also be a counter spell (Calm the Dead) to soothe and quiet the ghosts, encouraging them to fix the things they broke and engage in friendly socials before banishing them.

Sigh. Magical weather would be so great to have. I don’t expect the developers to add very many spells ever, but I hope that if, in the future, they ever add a new weather type or types (say with a farming pack), they add some crosspack gameplay and give us a corresponding positive and negative spell with the new weather type.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Delete wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Can Scruberoo do that? I know it works for adult/ teen sims but I've never tried it on kids or younger.

No, Children, Toddlers and Infants can't be targeted. I don't mind (and have a headcanon rationale to explain it to myself) but it's a contentious point.

A potion that needs only an apple and solves ALL motives is nice, but it might have been nice to have a charm to target each, individually. Sometimes I want my Sim's energy bar to stay low, but need bladder or hunger or fun or social filled. Hygiene is covered, and so is Hunger, I suppose, with Delicioso, but one still needs to invest the time to eat. Of needs not met magically, it might be most useful to do Social. I suppose Duplicatio gives you someone to talk to. Enchanting a mirror or talking with a Familiar would have been nice options as well.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    A spell that can turn a sim into a genie & a fairy.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Spell: Morph. (with cats & dogs) Caster turns into a cat or a dog until he wills it to end, or gets dispelled. (practically a playable animal.)
    Potion: Speed. Sims do everything twice as fast for duration X.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    if i could have anything? enchant objects. im thinking gnomes, crystals, furniture, etc.
    realistically based on the current games capability and RoM effort? siphon charge or charge potion so ancient bloodline sims with perks can actually become charged and cast stronger spells.
  • Options
    Check out the Spellbook Injector at Mod the Sims: http://www.modthesims.info/d/633665/the-spellbook-injector.html
  • Options
    There is now a spell to both create Vampires and to cure them. Now for a Polyjuice potion.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2019
    Cross-pack spell: Something like Morphiate, except you'll permanently turn the target sim into a cat or a dog instead of some random object.
    And also a spell that would turn a cat/dog into a human.

A gender-switch potion/spell would be great too. I hope a modder will do these.
    Post edited by Magdaleena on

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Being able to actually cause the death of another sim. I'm not bothering to buy the pack otherwise...