Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do i "reset" my cat is stuck

Ok so basically theres a glitch or something. When my cat chooses to play in the bathtub it somehow gets transported on the edge of the town and i cant make it go home or anyting its like stuck inside the actualy world haha. So while i was on a date with another sim my cat got inside the bathroom and that happened. I dont want to start over so is there anything i can do to send my cat back home?? Like reset.

Comments

• Options
    SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited October 2011
    Open the cheat console, type in testingcheatsenabled true

Then, type in: resetsim (first name of cat) (last name of cat)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Pets aren't required to have a last name. I wonder how this would work if the cat only has a first name? Curious.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited October 2011
    You could use one of Twallans mods then, or just do the first name.
  • Options
    PandahhXDPandahhXD Posts: 61
    edited October 2011
    Now it just crashed ugh. And pets in the sims3 do have a last nameXD
  • Options
    greeneyedsims1greeneyedsims1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2011
    SoEasyBeinIzzy, thanks for your reply!

My cat was stuck in place, inside the house. For some reason the Sim couldn't Have Fun with the cat. There was something blocking the way. The Sim went on upstairs, about his business, but the cat wouldn't move. Neither would the Have Fun action delete from his queue, it just x'd out.

I did what you suggested and he immediately reset, no problem! Thanks!
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited November 2011
    Also - don't use custom content tubs or ones from the store -- just use ones from the games and stuff packs. I had one on my lot that was from the store (I have no other custome content) and it causes the cats to get "lost" off the map when they try to play in the tub.
    I forget where I found the info on the glitch, but I had the same issue with my cat and no matter what I did she kept disappearing until I switched out the tub on the lot.
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited November 2011
    I would also be careful of the tub that comes with pets. At least when your trying to give your pets baths. For some reason I cannot get that tub to work for me. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I just wanted to warn you. :D
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    JZ1995JZ1995 Posts: 12
    edited November 2011
    Another thing you can always do is move your cat and another sim out of the house and then move it back in. This always works for me when it comes to sims and pets. Please write any problems or at least visit this forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/465611.page#6954636
    Thanks!
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited November 2011
    sshaw1 wrote:
    I would also be careful of the tub that comes with pets. At least when your trying to give your pets baths. For some reason I cannot get that tub to work for me. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I just wanted to warn you. :D

The only tub that works for me to bathe my dog is the Pets tub.
    Go Figure! :wink:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2011
    The quickest and safest way is to go into edit town and move your household out of the house to the clipboard then move them back in. That will reset the whole lot and also get rid of the glitch causing the cat to glitch. She'll be in the house with the family when you put them back in the house. Or should be anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Mellowsnowy2002Mellowsnowy2002 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I believe all pets in the sims 3 have last names, the horses will be named something "Blizzard Horse"
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited November 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    The quickest and safest way is to go into edit town and move your household out of the house to the clipboard then move them back in. That will reset the whole lot and also get rid of the glitch causing the cat to glitch. She'll be in the house with the family when you put them back in the house. Or should be anyway.

Yes, That's the best way I have found. It's not as time consuming either. It works every time.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    princesspeach111princesspeach111 Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Yea my cat did same thing and i CANT get in outta the sea or river or whatever it is! :?
  • Options
    OmarOmar Posts: 3 New Member
    > @PandahhXD said:
    > Ok so basically theres a glitch or something. When my cat chooses to play in the bathtub it somehow gets transported on the edge of the town and i cant make it go home or anyting its like stuck inside the actualy world haha. So while i was on a date with another sim my cat got inside the bathroom and that happened. I dont want to start over so is there anything i can do to send my cat back home?? Like reset.

You need to don't type the last name just the first name: resetSim (Cat/Dog name)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Omar wrote: »
    You need to don't type the last name just the first name: resetSim (Cat/Dog name)
    I am afraid that is not correct, the last name is required in TS3. But it should be noted that this is a thread is from 8 years ago and from your other posts I believe you are playing TS4. The two games are very different from each other in many respects. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, I'm going to go ahead and close this one off now as it's been inactive for quite a long time. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top