Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The nastiest curse in ROM

Yesterday my spellcaster's potion-brewing went wrong and he became cursed. It was called "Curse of Uncleansable Stench". It makes a sim's hygiene need bar always low (so he'll always have bad moodlet), and to make matters worse it causes him to leave green stinky puddles behind! I think it's the nastiest curse ever! I had already seen the Curse of Repulsiveness, Curse of Uncontrollable Charge and Curse of Unwarranted Hostility, and they were far not so annoying! :# Actually, I even liked the first one and didn't want to get rid of it... But this one! My sim was stinking, his mood was awful and all his house was full of green stinky slime he had to wash so it wouldn't overflow! In the magic realm, Morgyn was following him with a mop, washing floor after him and showing disgust.

So... In your opinion, what is the nastiest curse in this pack? :wink:

Comments

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    In the magic realm, Morgyn was following him with a mop, washing floor after him and showing disgust.

*wheezes* Poor Morgyn was probably wishing they knew Scruberoo!

Mine had Repulsiveness and Punchable Face Unwarranted Hostility at the same time, so that was a pretty bad time for him. They'd see him, throw up, then start fighting him. At one point, he went to the alley to get a retraiting potion so he could get motes and level up quicker to learn how to get rid of the curses, and the shopkeeper sold it to him - then closed up the shop and left to beat up my poor Sim!
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    My new sim who've just become a spellcaster got the Curse of Unwarranted Hostility yesterday while trying to cook up some plentiful needs potions. She was attacked by a random stranger, but she kicked his butt twice. Ha! I frantically had her experimenting, hoping she would discover the decursify potion or whatever it's called, but eventually I gave up and loaded the last save. Luckily it wasn't too long before the incident. I'll be sure to always save before brewing stuff from now on. xD The other curses don't sound fun either.
  • Options
    SiimbleAnyaSiimbleAnya Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm sure you all know this but I feel stupid for not discovering it earlier. My sim had 3 whole curses before I figured out that he had enough reward points to buy a drink that decursifies your sim! I just wanted to put this out there. I don't remember what it's called but I found it when searching through the reward points window to see what I wanted to do with them. Really efficiently gets rid of the curses! Such a relief to me.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow... That curse sounds disgusting @Brinn. I've always been a chicken and sent mine home quickly to cure themselves of any curse.. (they live alone). I do plan on having one witch that won't be so protected though.. or careful, she's made but I haven't rotated to her other than for set up. Will keep an eye on this thread for descriptions :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited September 2019
    My witch Beatrix Beeswax got the Curse of the Night Specter (or something similar, don't recall the exact name), which was pretty awful. It states "You're being hunted by a Night Specter, so you can't sleep." So essentially Freddy Kreuger. Her energy tanked, and even if I used a Potion of Plentiful Needs to counteract it, it dumped again the following hour. She was unable to sleep or nap (but also unable to pass out), so she was just miserably low on energy until I was able to expunge the curse. That took a while because she didn't know Decursify yet and didn't have a Curse Cleansing potion, so she had to deal with it for several days.

Then it got worse.

The Night Specter ACTUALLY SHOWED UP. He was a Noferatu looking thing in a tattered robe, ghostly and sparking electricity. He followed Beatrix around for many hours screeching at her and causing her to stop whatever she was doing to flee in terror. He eventually disappated, but the curse remained. Safe to say, I got rid of it immediately, cause that thing spooked the daylights out of me.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My witch Beatrix Beeswax got the Curse of the Night Specter (or something similar, don't recall the exact name), which was pretty awful. It states "You're being hunted by a Night Specter, so you can't sleep." So essentially Freddy Kreuger. Her energy tanked, and even if I used a Potion of Plentiful Needs to counteract it, it dumped again the following hour. She was unable to sleep or nap (but also unable to pass out), so she was just miserably low on energy until I was able to expunge the curse. That took a while because she didn't know Decursify yet and didn't have a Curse Cleansing potion, so she had to deal with it for several days.

Then it got worse.

The Night Specter ACTUALLY SHOWED UP. He was a Noferatu looking thing in a tattered robe, ghostly and sparking electricity. He followed Beatrix around for many hours screeching at her and causing her to stop whatever she was doing to flee in terror. He eventually disappated, but the curse remained. Safe to say, I got rid of it immediately, cause that thing spooked the daylights out of me.

Okay now I have to try really hard to get that one!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

Then it got worse.

Okay now I have to try really hard to get that one!

Same, my sim has had them all expect this and the hugging one lol her daughter messed up a couple of spells and she has the uncontrollable charge one I left it on her for a bit to teach her a lesson lol

—T
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    The one where you can't sleep makes gameplay extremely tricky.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    My alchemist had both of the fighting curses at the same time (magic duels and fist fights). Fortunately she had ranked up through the military earlier, so she easily won every fist fight. I was actually kind of enjoying it because I laughed every time she kicked their butts, but I got rid of them because every time she tried to go anywhere she was quickly mobbed by sims wanting to fight her.

My teen spellcaster had the curse that randomized spell outcomes, so once when she tried to repair the toilet she instead ended up with an extra broken toilet spewing out water in the living room (not to mention all the times she set the sink on fire). She also had the wraith curse and yes, the ghost is creepy! His eyes glow and he follows you around and screams!

Can't wait to discover the stinky and repulsive curses, haven't had those yet.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

Then it got worse.

Oh, this one seems really cool... and really nasty! I didn't know it keeps your sim's energy low. From the description, I thought that it was just a random ghost following the sim. I wonder if we can cast a certain curse willingly.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm sure you all know this but I feel stupid for not discovering it earlier. My sim had 3 whole curses before I figured out that he had enough reward points to buy a drink that decursifies your sim! I just wanted to put this out there. I don't remember what it's called but I found it when searching through the reward points window to see what I wanted to do with them. Really efficiently gets rid of the curses! Such a relief to me.

I didn't know about this! I can finally stop searching for citrine. (My Sim has the 'awkward hug' curse, which is quite mild in comparison to the curses everyone is describing.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    edited September 2019

I didn't know about this! I can finally stop searching for citrine. (My Sim has the 'awkward hug' curse, which is quite mild in comparison to the curses everyone is describing.)

Btw, do you have City Living? The Flea Market festival is a good opportunity to complete the collection of crystals. There is an interaction to change collectibles. All you need is to CopyPasto some rare crystals you already have and take them to the Flea Market. I've completed my collection that way recently. Of course, you have to wait for this event to happen in your game, and it happens like once per week or two...

P.S.: completing The Curator aspiration + CopyPasto spell is the endless source of money couse you can sell the collectibles for like x5 price!
  • Options

Btw, do you have City Living? The Flea Market festival is a good opportunity to complete the collection of crystals. There is an interaction to change collectibles. All you need is to CopyPasto some rare crystals you already have and take them to the Flea Market. I've completed my collection that way recently. Of course, you have to wait for this event to happen in your game, and it happens like once per week or two...

P.S.: completing The Curator aspiration + CopyPasto spell is the endless source of money couse you can sell the collectibles for like x5 price!

I do have CL. I'll keep that in mind - it certainly wouldn't hurt to stock up on some citrine. (It occurred to me that the scientist career from GTW would also be useful for a spellcaster - there's a number of ways to get crystals and metals with the scientist equipment.)
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Unwarranted Hostility was bad for me because I was trying to make friends with the teachers for spells/recipes and one fistfight with them turned them into my enemies.

You can cancel the action out if you're quick enough, it won't help if the sim who wants a fight is right next to you.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    Ripleyrawr wrote: »
    Unwarranted Hostility was bad for me because I was trying to make friends with the teachers for spells/recipes and one fistfight with them turned them into my enemies.

You can cancel the action out if you're quick enough, it won't help if the sim who wants a fight is right next to you.

The unwarranted hostility curse was fairly benign for my Sims, but I have autonomy off, and they are married and have a very good relationship. When I clicked on Helly (who had the curse) to see Aga's options for conversation, the first options that came up were 'mean' options, but since I was controlling the conversation, I could choose not to let her be unwarrantably (is that a word?) hostile.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Ripleyrawr wrote: »

Tell me about it! One of my witches is a celebrity whose reputation plumeted from good to the worst because she was attacked everywhere she went in public, and then she also got the stinking curse from a failed attempt to make a potion. That was the first time I got annoyed with RoM, because I was planning to take magic slow with this witch, yet had to rush through the ranks to become able to brew the curse-cleansing potion. I hear that potion is supposed to be available in the rewards store, but not for me (maybe you need three curses for it to show up?), and I think it would be better if you could buy it in Diagon Alley too, but the only potion they ever sell there, at least in my game, is the one that resets the perks.

Regardless, I don't think the hostility curse is the worst of the bunch, it can at least be useful for misanthropic sims who don't care about their reputation or even want it to be bad. (My evil witch certainly had fun with it, but for some reason I made the mistake of cleansing it.) The stinking curse, though... ugh! My real-life curse is to have an overly sensitive nose that often reacts negatively to scents that other people don't mind or even enjoy, so that disgusting thing really hits a nerve here.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'd like to share a tip here.
    If you take a look in rewards store, you can find a curse cleansing potion for 500 satisfication points. It has really helped me with new spellcasters.
  • Options
    davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    Curse of Unwarranted Hostility is probably the singular WORST curse, not only is it disruptive to the point its irritating, not only is the friendship drop incredibly annoying but the worst part is if you have the get famous installed, you end up with a very bad reputation in a matter of minutes if you get caught in a fight chain :/
  • Options
    davidsara wrote: »
    Curse of Unwarranted Hostility is probably the singular WORST curse, not only is it disruptive to the point its irritating, not only is the friendship drop incredibly annoying but the worst part is if you have the get famous installed, you end up with a very bad reputation in a matter of minutes if you get caught in a fight chain :/

Lol, my introvert sims didn't even notice this curse... Well, maybe they were involved in a few fights before they were able to cure.
  • Options

Lol, my introvert sims didn't even notice this curse... Well, maybe they were involved in a few fights before they were able to cure.

made a new sim to toy with RoM, got this curse within my first potion fail (2nd try basically) and i went from neutral reputation to incredibly bad within one sim day because of all the fights that kept chaining ><
  • Options
    What is the best way to try to get a curse on you? Is it more the cauldron? Do you need to just be experimenting or actually making a brew
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    What is the best way to try to get a curse on you? Is it more the cauldron? Do you need to just be experimenting or actually making a brew

make potions, possibly uninspired usually gets me cursed but the fastest way to get cursed is to just spam duels
  • Options

make potions, possibly uninspired usually gets me cursed but the fastest way to get cursed is to just spam duels

Time to go do these, thank you!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2019

When a potion fails you’ll get a potion called ‘questionable contents’ it’ll give you a curse if you drink it.

—T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

When a potion fails you’ll get a potion called ‘questionable contents’ it’ll give you a curse if you drink it.

—T

It took me a few tries, got about 4 curses then I finalllllly got the one of the stalker!!! :)