Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you hope University Adds?

Comments

• Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Looking in this thread gives me so many ideas haha I hope most of these things come
  • Options
    SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    - new careers. at least 1 new active one.
    - becoming drunk like in sims 3 uni.
    - consequences for bad grades
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    They seriously need to add jobs that can only be acquired with a degree. The other Sims games just give you a small performance boost and SLIGHTLY higher pay. When in reality, you could've just not wasted the time with college and just get promoted twice. Boom, college experience right there. Give us a reason to NEED to go to college.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I see a lot of posts about not wanting an "American" university experience. If we don't get dorms, we probably won't get normal apartments and there would be no need for a world with a campus, so it will probably be a hidden university building like the police station and hospital.

I, personally, want the American experience because of all the other game play it opens up.
  • Options
    They seriously need to add jobs that can only be acquired with a degree. The other Sims games just give you a small performance boost and SLIGHTLY higher pay. When in reality, you could've just not wasted the time with college and just get promoted twice. Boom, college experience right there. Give us a reason to NEED to go to college.

Yep. Players need an incentive to make our sims work hard at uni.

• Options
    One-sided relationships.

have any examples?

• Options
    I want sims to be able to act poorly at school and be expelled.

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I hope we are not forced to live in the campus to follow school as in ts3 and ts2.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I see a lot of posts about not wanting an "American" university experience. If we don't get dorms, we probably won't get normal apartments and there would be no need for a world with a campus, so it will probably be a hidden university building like the police station and hospital.

I, personally, want the American experience because of all the other game play it opens up.

I think you're misreading what we're saying.

The american experience isn't relevant to us, so the game needs flexibility and options. We're not saying you shouldn't have dorms, but instead we're saying that they should be optional, and that we should have more accommodation options. The dorms in my city are only for people from out of town, or international students. Local people live at home, and commute. Why would you waste money on a dorm, when you could take a 30 minute walk, or a 5 minute drive, or a 10 minute bus trip?
    We should be able to toggle things on and off, like greek houses, mascots, and cheerleaders.

Apparently they're trying to make the game more diverse, so why would they stop at uni?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »

I think you're misreading what we're saying.

The american experience isn't relevant to us, so the game needs flexibility and options. We're not saying you shouldn't have dorms, but instead we're saying that they should be optional, and that we should have more accommodation options. The dorms in my city are only for people from out of town, or international students. Local people live at home, and commute. Why would you waste money on a dorm, when you could take a 30 minute walk, or a 5 minute drive, or a 10 minute bus trip?
    We should be able to toggle things on and off, like greek houses, mascots, and cheerleaders.

Apparently they're trying to make the game more diverse, so why would they stop at uni?

I get your point. And more flexibility is always a good thing, unfortunately, it rarely happens in this version. With all the worlds being so easily connected, living at home (or anywhere else for that matter) shouldn't be an issue as long as your student sim still gets the notifications for events happening on campus.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’d love to see sports teams! Even better if we could also get them for kids and teens so they can work their way up to a scholarship. Swim team, soccer, football, baseball, track and field, plumpitch or llamatoss....I’m really open to anything at this point. Those rugrats really need something to do.

Also family members should be able to attend games, similar to how sometimes there’s prompts to attend recitals for the drama club kiddos.
  • Options
    sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    A university town made into a world would be really neat. With the college (dorms included inside), but also smaller lots and apartments for Sims who don't want to live in the dorms, and like a nightclub, restaurant, cafe, and park. It doesn't have to be big, maybe 6-8 lots (one of them being the actual college), but it would add a whole new dimension to the gameplay.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I don't know that dorms and sororities are the typical "American" experience of collage either. I had one child that did her first two years in a dorm. After that, she got an apartment with some roommates. The others commute or plan to do so all the way through. I, myself, spent some time in dorms and student housing and some as a commuter. Many small colleges don't allow sororities and fraternities because they want to promote a more open society.

I think the so-called "typical experience" is more a Hollywood portrayal of college life. Certainly it exists, but more in upper class or upper middle class circles. Community colleges are a growing part of American higher education and they are almost entirely commuter colleges. They also have many nontraditional students as well.

• Options
    To remember, I googled Sims 3 University Life SimsWiKi and as I read all the features that came in that pack, I realized this one would be much smaller. So, my question is, What in S3 Uni Life do you NOT want or need and can be left out of this new version.

For example, we already have coffee shops and bowling along with protesting, so what else came be dropped?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    To remember, I googled Sims 3 University Life SimsWiKi and as I read all the features that came in that pack, I realized this one would be much smaller. So, my question is, What in S3 Uni Life do you NOT want or need and can be left out of this new version.

For example, we already have coffee shops and bowling along with protesting, so what else came be dropped?
    bowling @Dannydanbo
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member

Secret societies, sororities and fraternities can be left out as you can replicate them with the club system. A lot of the party atmosphere stuff like DJ booths and bar games also came with GT, although I do hope to see billiards and/or table tennis included.

Thinking about it, GT will probably complement this pack very well as that is also where cafes were introduced. Maybe this will free them up to focus more on the education part of university and less on the partying part.
  • Options

Secret societies, sororities and fraternities can be left out as you can replicate them with the club system. A lot of the party atmosphere stuff like DJ booths and bar games also came with GT, although I do hope to see billiards and/or table tennis included.

Thinking about it, GT will probably complement this pack very well as that is also where cafes were introduced. Maybe this will free them up to focus more on the education part of university and less on the partying part.

I agree. GT will work well with this pack.

I almost wish that Uni could be a lot type like coffee shop. If it were a lot type, I could build any building, in any style and place in any world. It would have requirements like computers for research, desks for study, equipment for labs, etc. I'm picturing a Uni building in Windenburg. If we also got apartment/dorm lot type then we could add those too. The whole downtown part (where the library is located) could become a Uni campus. I'd still rather have a new world, bu it's an option.

It doesn't really matter anyway because the vast majority of Uni has been decided and mostly completed by the time it's announced. And what happened to "We can't announce unless it's in the same quarter" or whatever kept them from saying anything ahead of time before?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This thread is reminding me that university should include new types of arguments about living conditions at all hours of the day and night. If roommates (or flatmates) come in then they need to include a lot of social options for arguing.

"Why did you use my stuff without asking?" One sim going to bed at 9 pm and another playing loud music at 3 am. Questionable decision-making. Lots of snacks. Sending laundry home to a parent (with the Laundry Day pack). Stealing someone else's boyfriend or girlfriend. Rumors. Phoning home for money.

I have experience in several countries. Dramatic arguments probably due to immaturity are universal. Lol. Some items from other packs will be able to be applied (bubble blower anyone?)

I think they've been trying to appeal to both Americans and non-Americans in TS4 so they probably will again.

Probably the biggest difference is the ways sports are typically done. Outside of the US, if you are in uni then you are probably an amateur at any sports, in the US, it's the opposite. One team against another is pretty universal though. Bad decisions by youth and excessive drinking ... definitely universal.

America has spring break. Other places have "study breaks" or "reading weeks" that can be a bit similar. I actually think that other than sororities/fraternities, the experiences are getting more and more similar in a lot of countries. "Studying abroad" and internships are found in many countries.

US college sports are very different though. The ability to change your major repeatedly is also very American.

Rugby? "Soccer"? Swimming? Rowing? Tennis? Etc ... both American and not American. Activity clubs? American and not American.

Debate clubs? Political clubs? Definitely both American and not. Research? Labs? Mentors or tutors? Both American and not American. Actual academic differences are probably too technical for the game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    One-sided relationships.

have any examples?
    In Sims 2 friendship and relationship bars were not shared between Sims one Sim could love another Sim and that Sim did not have to share the same feelings or hate them it was not shared like it is now.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    -Bunkbeds
    functional dorms with npc roommates
    -functional cinema lot
    -professor career
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I really hope that they add more than one school, like they did in sims 2. I realise that it probably won't happen, but it'd be nice if there were at least 2 school to pick from (maybe one close tp willow creek and one to oasis springs) that could have different perks and downsides, like maybe a boost to a certain career field or being more expensive. ts3 university got old quick because you were always doing the same thing. You were in the same world, got to know the same people and lived in the same dorms. I feel like even having two smaller university worlds rather than one larger one would give you more replay value.

Also, being able to go to college and not live on campus. You could still have activities that you have to travel there for, where your sim can go alone or you can chose to go with, but I'd really like to be able to live off campus or pretend my sim goes to a college in San Myshuno and lives in an apartment with roommates rather than in a dorm. That would also help with replay value, then you could just make up your own fun college experience if you got tired of the school that came with the game.

I want this so badly. Although my idea is unlikely, having a pre-made campus and a build-it-yourself campus would be amazing.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am hoping that it would improve the education system overall. But maybe have various Universities and colleges with different price ranges
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the latest Paralives video? You can place a single bed and grab a side and pull it to a double or a queen or a king size bed. You can also pull it up and create a high bed so you can place a second bed (or desk) under it like a bunk bed. You only need one mesh and one bed . Just change colors, fabrics or size to suit. So, bunk beds and a Murphy bed would be welcome.

Also, if we could get some stairs with carpeting on them, that would be really swell.
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Bunk beds
    Photobombing other Sims photos lol
    Laptops you can carry around
    Sorority and Fraternity
    Parties
    But more classes and more careers
    Also a teacher/professor career.
    All Sims can go to college from Teen-Elder like in the Sims 3.
    Scholarships
    Grants and Loans.
    Academic Suspension or Expelled.
    Game Day and the Mascots go head to head.

That would be dope. I would like to see university sports that are non-rabbit hole endeavors as well as interactive and progressively more challenging classes to attend (non-rabbit hole) and online classes for working adults that are just as interactive (possibly quizzes) and required study time affecting grade outcomes.

Wild parties and campus police would be cool.
  • Options
    Sh0wtig3rSh0wtig3r Posts: 78 Member
    I'm really excited and have so many thoughts going through my head - i truly don't even know where to begin with ideas. I definitely agree with some of the posts i have seen so far - careers where you are required to have a degree!