Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you hope University Adds?

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Degrees of all kinds first of all.

Yes! I really want my sims to be able to get different kinds of degrees so that it isn't just a few sims that benefit from going to university.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I have a feeling the world is going to be small, at least the useable bits. From the video lots of the buildings look like shells. The speaks of rabbit holes to me. I know they have said we can accompany our sims to class, so there must be somewhere for that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a small number of lots. Time will tell.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    aside from the university content itself, I really wish they add Indie station, s3 university had many awesome indie songs that I still listen sometime on repeat until today.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The write up released says stay off campus which could mean stay at home in your own world. I think the Uni world will be a normalish visitable world with certain living types like dorms which only exist there sort of like city living. So if you have a Sim that lives with their family but goes to Uni, you still you can still play them while at Uni taking classes or just play the other family members at home/at their jobs or school.

As far as I remember you couldnt do this in Sims 3 as you had to chose to either play the sim at uni or the family at home.Uni was this whole other world that was more difficult to access than the world you lived in.

What I mean by multiple families is that you can switch easily between playing whichever family you want that has kids at Uni and the kids at Uni will see the other kids that stay there around the Uni world and wherever you travel

I remember with Sims 3 you couldnt easily travel between worlds you had to put the whole family in the library and then they lost their relationships and in the Uni world, if you wanted the neighbourhood kids to be there with you, around town and living in the dorms, you had to move them into one family before you sent them.

Now with TS4 world structure I am hoping you could have family A at Uni and play those sims and then maybe you have a family B whose sims are also in Uni dorms and you see them around, can interact with them. You can also switch households and play family B and the whole process will be a lot easier.

Obviously if a sim moves out of their household and then into the dorms then you cant play the other sims in the family at the same time but with Sims 4 world structure I am hoping its easy to just play the family at home or the sims and the sims dont disappear to some far off Uni world where visiting them becomes difficult or not playing them means they fail.

I played Sims 3 a few years ago so maybe I am remembering incorrectly. I am just excited about how the TS4 world structure could affect the way Uni works.

But that being said, being able to rent a dorm while still being part of the current household would be interesting. It would kind of be like your household family was paying for your dorm room or college apartment/house.

Yes, with being able to travel between worlds and rotational play, I can't imagine that we'd be restricted to only playing a Sim at university or needing to live in the university 'world' to attend. The university would definitely have to be a separate lot, however, so you would have to go through a loading screen to switch between a Sim at university and their family.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    I'm interested in probably getting a teaching career and hoping they won't screw that up
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm really looking forward to the Teacher Career. Not even Sims 3 had that. Also, the keg will be fun to play again.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    English build and buy stuff.