Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Sims 4 University Expectations?

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited September 2019
    Low
    We're still not positive it isn't clickbait- remember that.

another employee from target (saw this on tumblr) looked it up on the same device. it was there as well.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    High
    My expectations for University are high. I hope they live up to them. No reuse of basegame objects like painting, cooking, writing. I hope they expand aspiratoins to have at least four new ones or five (in older games) more traits, more emotions. No reuse of tense, please. Dorm building to add a specific door this time, so we can build condos and duplexes in other worlds (no shells like CL). More objects to use to 'practice' instead of basegame objects or reused science career or doctor career objects just recycled. No, please don't. More dedication to dorm life. Open classes like in TS3. I loved TS2 and TS3 univesity gameplay and I hope TS4's EP will live up to those and surpass them. But I have to admit I doubt it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    Low
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I was in love with sims 2 university and then when I moved to sims 3 and uni came out, it was not what I expected especially it was really buggy (Took too long for sims to go through 1 door that class was finished by the time my sim sat down). I think considering that some of the packs have been lackluster, IMO, I don't have high expectations.

Struggling to navigate across campus and get through doors is my most lasting memory of TS3 University.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Medium
    I am going to have to keep them in check for this one.
    I love sending my sims to University and it's pretty much key to the circle of life in my game.

I will be really disappointed if something like custom dorms are not possible.
    A lot of my fun in Uni is building dorms for my sims. They are so much more fun to play than the ones created by the developers.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    Medium
    I'm mostly hoping for some new careers and just the general stuff my sims will be able to have (like build/buy objects) and new interactions and such. S3 uni was kind of lacking compared to sims 2, but I did like the perks from graduating college, as in, being able to start careers at higher levels, etc. It would be interesting if they included careers that were only unlocked by going to uni? and maybe an alternative of like trade schools that opened up other careers? I doubt that'd happen, but it'd be an interesting concept.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Medium
    I say medium because I don’t know what to expect. I never played Sims 2 University and Sims 3 University was my favorite expansion. I just hope we get a dorm lot trait and real unplayable roommates. But that’s a lot to ask 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I've never cared for university, not once did it stand out to me. in TS3 I played it once.
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Medium
    I feel like people posting amazing ideas in the forums for a while now has showed all the things they could do with University and I think ultimately by seeing all those different ideas it raises expectations and will leave many people disappointed. At the same time I am desperate for even some sort of University game play as I think schooling as a whole is really lacking so at this point I am trying to keep my expectations low and take what I can get. Its sad as before with the Sims franchise I found myself constantly surprised by what they would create and how fast they would release content but now I am having to talk myself down as to not to get too excited.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Very Low
    I have a feeling it is going to be a weaker and smaller version of the Sims 2 and 3 university just like how the other popular packs were with Seasons, Cats and Dogs, and Island Living. I was really hoping they were going to make it different with a Discover Education pack, but nope I think it will follow the same and weaker versions of Sims 2 and 3 packs as usual.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited September 2019
    Don't Care/Other
    I'd have to say it is pretty low. University in Sims 3 wasn't so great, however, University in Sims 2 was amazing. Sims 2 had diverse clothing options: rebel, goth, jock, prep, and socialite. There were secret societies, keg parties, and an outstanding soundtrack.

It actually had consequences in TS2 by granting extra want slots and an extra want lock if you completed particular segments, plus there were unique careers that you could only join if you had qualifications from Uni which in turn led to unique rewards you couldn't unlock through any other means. Expulsion and failure granted an extra fear slot. Consequences lasted for the rest of your Sim's life.

Considering that the young adult life stage was literally put into the series to accommodate University, I'm amazed it's taken this long to bring this pack out. Right now the young adult and adult stages just feel like the same, long state.

You just gave me an idea. Uni in TS4 should grant 2 extra trait slots after completing particular segments. By default, Sims have 3 trait slots, but after completing Uni, it expands to 5.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have mixed feelings. If we do get a campus lot, I hope it’s HUGE with beautiful brick and the works outside to give it a Colonial feel, but we’ve seen how they build pre-made lots...I just feel like there isn’t much challenge in the Sims 4. I don’t want everything to be so...easy to play. Like, I want my sims to face some fun challenges, or like really get to go wild. University pack would be the perfect EP to add some of that to the game, but who knows.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Medium
    As much as I want to have high hopes for a school expansion, this iteration of the Sims doesnt exactly have a great track record of expansions that blow everyone out of the water. I dont want another expansion of "here's pretty things to look at but you can't touch it!".
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Medium
    TS3 University was such a drag, I'm not all that hopeful for TS4.

At least it isn't farming, anyway.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I'd have to say it is pretty low. University in Sims 3 wasn't so great, however, University in Sims 2 was amazing. Sims 2 had diverse clothing options: rebel, goth, jock, prep, and socialite. There were secret societies, keg parties, and an outstanding soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFyKQ77v6lw&list=PLx0GEoXtuy8rNMArxk6vfs2oR9I9pUJin

Clothing option:
    hipffzvqiq231.jpg

That song was one of my favourites from TS2 University. I have even ported it along to several new computer builds since then. hahaha

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Low
    At least like Sims 3 University but without the freeze ups.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited September 2019
    High
    My expectations are high not for the University itself, but for the things it can possibly bring, like dorms, roomates, online dating, bands, piercings, new hobbies/careers, crazy parties and such.

I'm really hoping they add more than 1 university option and that there are no social groups.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Very High
    I'm hoping for the best. The packs lately have been packs that are rounding out the game so much more. I did like playing Sims3 University, but I cheated too. I always had a huge stash of best friend, energy, and other potions to help. I had lots of bread from World Adventures.

This game, I'm hoping for education for all sims and a school district. With at least college, dorm rooms/apartment building like what some people wanted City Living to be, a high school, and a grade school. At the minimum, I would at least grade school through college and teacher, principal, and the Dean careers. Maybe librarian also.

But, if they go further, preschool, an active daycare, and home babysitting. I guess, if they went that far, they might want to free the infants, which has been asked for since people found out that they weren't really playable, which was before the Sims4 came out or just after.

As far as stuff, murphy couch bed, bunk beds, other space savers since rooms might be small, vending machines for drinks and snacks(Go to Work Style), but stocked with energy drinks along with what is usually in there.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    i do not care about uni since its way last on my list would of prefred to see a retro pack with furnitures and appliances from 1950 to now that also include stuff from the 1970 1980 and 1990 and year 2000
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    High
    Well, my expectation should be low in The sims 4, but since I have a great passion for this game, i will always have my hopes up just because its what I want to see in a sims game and what I am supposed to expect after all this time and years of playing, contributing etc.

It is sad that we have to feel torned between what we want and what we know is to expect.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    Really at this point I don't care all EA is interested in is making money lets be honest, I have been a Fan since Sims1 that is a very long time. I really don't mind if they incorporate some things that they have had in the past but really University was boring from the first can't they find something more interesting how many times can you do the same thing and expect a different result. Most people have played it except for a few youngins but really even that isn't a reason to do the same thing. I guess if you don't mind wasting your money it is ok but I really am getting disgusted with Sims 4 and I think that the only reason I continue to support them is for new CONTENT but that is also sorely lacking. So I guess I will have to pass on future EP's or what ever and just wait until they make something I can get new content for. Otherwise I guess I am finished with the Sims period.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I will be buying for a new world (probably), new build objects and new CAS mainly. I might dabble a bit with sending my Sims to University as after all the other iterations I have low expectations of gameplay. I'm not into study, study, study! I'm hoping it will surprise me though.
  • Options
    SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    Low
    After the disaster that was Island Paradise? Expectations are pretty low. Desperately so, might I add.

I no longer expect anything good from expansion packs really.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Low
    Somewhere between low and medium. Island Living set the bar really low for EPs (if it had been a Game Pack instead, my expectations for University would be higher).
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Very Low
    After the disaster of Island Living I have no expectations other than low. Talking Flo Rida low. I just can't have any hope for it. Realm of Magic was a mindless grind for things we had in Sims 3 Supernatural. Not worth $20. Also not Witches but Harry Potter wannabes. Also no Toad Sims. Was just emotions really, which is typical of The Sims 4 and one of its major problems. Emotions just make the game boring, repetitive, and a chore. I don't want my Sims to all be the same, something Sims 3 did far superior to Sims 4's so called 'smarter Sims'. Who just clip through each other, objects and walls to get around the navigation issues while all running for the nearest computer to troll teh forums.

Warning! May trigger you if you click spoiler! You've been warned!
    I'll say this as long as they keep their left wing politics out of the game I'll be happy about that at least. Their actions over the years has been disgusting pandering and of course forcing people to believe what they believe instead of giving us the tools to make our beliefs for ourselves like Sims 1, 2, and 3. But its university, college, all about that stuff like in the real world. At least Sims 2 and 3 University didn't force nothing onto us. It was just school and partying like the good old days before everything was offensive and we had to worry about triggering people who would go on social media to get you fired. So if they make it like the 80s nerds vs jocks type of thing (Revenge of the Nerds anyone?) then I'll buy it....on sale.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Fitzy2754Fitzy2754 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sadly I don't have high expectations but I hope I am pleasantly surprised. I'd basically like a modernised version of Sims 2 University but with some extra stuff for teens to do (applications/tests/visits...)

I would also love it to be a little less American than some of the previous versions but I think that's unlikely