Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You get X, but only if Y -

Sometimes I see people asking for old features back, or new features to be added to the game.

But the catch is, whenever we're given something, it always comes with something nobody asked for, or a bad negative about it.
For example, we were given mermaids, but they have no skill tree or depth.

We get cars, but all sims are required to develop a relationship with their vehicle in order to drive it.

We get University, but all classrooms and spots to visit are rabbit holes.

What else do you all foresee coming + what corner will inevitably be cut?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    a thread meant for anticipating downfalls?

now that's the kind of positivity I like to see
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    Sometimes I see people asking for old features back, or new features to be added to the game.

But the catch is, whenever we're given something, it always comes with something nobody asked for, or a bad negative about it.
    For example, we were given mermaids, but they have no skill tree or depth.

We get cars, but all sims are required to develop a relationship with their vehicle in order to drive it.

We get University, but all classrooms and spots to visit are rabbit holes.

What else do you all foresee coming + what corner will inevitably be cut?

Rabbit holes for uni would literally destroy the entire point of the pack.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I doubt all classrooms and spots for university will be rabbitholes. Even EA aren’t that dumb intellectually challenged
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh god this reminds me of that episode of ‘My Strange Addiction’ where a man was addicted to erm... woohooing his car
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    That's the problem. The ROM pack, from what I hear, is messed up with forcing premade sims into becoming spellcasters. There are no detailed, interesting family trees (heck, I'd love a vampire family going back over 4 generations where all adult sims were young adults). You don't get the option to have random sims become vampires or mermaids. You don't get hybrids, or you get meaningless occults, like Sims 2. You have to choose between the developed features and tools of Sims 4, or the open worlds of Sims 3. I don't want one really good feature if another is really bad, same as you. What we want is BALANCE. Not some botched-up, "mess"terpiece... *cough*
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh god this reminds me of that episode of ‘My Strange Addiction’ where a man was addicted to erm... woohooing his car

He went for the tail pipe of the car and the car was in such a mood it turned on it went "Wroom Wroom!"

But seriously, you need to learn how to drive your car, each car is different, same with their quirks if they have any. Some cars will be great in corners, others will wash out with push/understeer. some will brake fantastically, otherws will be horrible when standing on the brakes. it all depends on what you learn about your car and how you drive it.