Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which element from a DLC should TS5 include in base game and what are replacing them for DLC

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Basic weather such as rain, thunderstorms, fog, sun etc even if it’s not full seasons and cold and hot weather clothing. I don’t think the holidays should be base game as some people (like myself) may want to change the holidays as they are very Americanised such as the one that is like thanksgiving and the summer one (I don’t remember they are called)
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Basic weather such as rain, thunderstorms, fog, sun etc even if it’s not full seasons and cold and hot weather clothing. I don’t think the holidays should be base game as some people (like myself) may want to change the holidays as they are very Americanised such as the one that is like thanksgiving and the summer one (I don’t remember they are called)

@netney52 why you wouldn't be able to change the holidays If the seasons were base game?! That doesn't make much sense. Adding the calendar tô the base game would be much better, as they would add nre ícons It with new EP, New traditions related to the new EP's, etc...
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I'd prefer seasons, but some sort of weather is a must for the TS5 bg. TS is the only game I know of that charges separately for weather/seasons, and I'm not a fan.

I'd also like to see bg laundry and hot tubs. While laundry day has some beautiful objects in it, I really hated how it was presented to the community, as it was something many had been wanting, and naturally won, even though it doesn't really fit the eco-living theme. I'm not going to be surprised when TS5 inevitably has laundry as an expansion though...

I also agree with the OP about cars, and more than one family being able to live on a lot.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    - seasons/weather
    - calendar
    - club system
    - restaurants
    - laptops

These are DLC features that add to gameplay and make sense to include in a gameplay.

But after seeing the state of the sims 4 base game at launch, I am really more concerned about current base game content in the next base game. I'd rather have them focus on including all age groups, terrain tools, ghosts, family trees,... And if they get the basics right, the I don't mind big gameplay features like pets, vacation and uni being available in packs.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    washers and dryers need to be in the base game so are pets season and vacation from the start and not as dlc
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2019
    I mostly would want the sims5 to include small elements from all the dlc that we had in the sims4. That way the team could easily expand on these features as possible DLCs and those DLC's could interact with each other and the basegame would not feel empty. So basic versions of weather, apartments, pools, toddlers etc. And then you could expand on them in possible DLC's.

For example cars:

- Base Game with Cars, some tunes and customization.

- Expansion Pack, More cars, tunable cars, race cars, racetracks. Cars can be parked in garages in BG.

- Stuff Pack, More cars and customization. Cars can be driven on the racetrack in the EP.

I think that could make a good platform for them to expand with the basgame, the game already have basic versions of everything and you can choose to expand the game with DLC's that you like and have DLC's interact with each other. Like weather, weather is already in the BG, but they could expand that with storms in a weather DLC that affects other DLC's like cars. Roads could become more difficult to drive for example.

This means that when Maxis releases new DLC they do not just update one DLC, they update all of them. It will lead to longer production time but I think that would make the packs much more better.