Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which element from a DLC should TS5 include in base game and what are replacing them for DLC

Just in hope the base game is playable and not boring, these elements should be included or considered to be included in the future TS5 base game, while new elements could be taking their places for further DLCs.

Pets : Cats and dogs in base game, while a "Pets EP" slot includes more pets (rabbit, parrot, iguana, horse), wild animals (wolf, deer, raccoon, skunk) and the addition of a zoo (elephant, monkey, tiger). Farming elements, including farm animals (chicken, sheep, cow) would be neat but they can also release it in another EP for more detailed gameplay in both aspects of animals and farming.

University : This one has to come in an EP ofc but for more realism, a complete education system before university should be included in the base game, with schools for different ages (elementary school, middle school, high school), a stream system for choices of course in uni (science, art, commerce), different schooling style (private school, home schooling, cadet for police/firefighter/military career). The real EP should come with active school for university (e.g. you can do experiment with your sim in a lab), while another EP could be released for the active school of the rest (including an active teacher career).

Seasons : Basic weathers (rain, snow, windy, cloudy, sunny) and the four seasons in the base game, while the empty slot for seasons to be replaced with natural disasters or extreme weathers (tornado, flood, hail, haze, drought). This slot could also work with the farming one since weather conditions have large effects on crops. Major holidays/festivals with more depth are maintained in an EP while calendar should be a base game feature.

Travel : This element has to be coming with DLC(s) so only minor things from that can be included in base game, e.g. a sim can own a vacation house.

Urban Living : Apartments should come with base game. By the meaning of an apartment, I mean TS2 style apartments, where there are more than one household can live in one same lot. The new apartment should come with detailed edit tools as well, e.g. you decide how big one apartment unit is, and what facilities to be placed around. Closed community therefore is possible in the base game. Condominiums (i.e. high rise houses in TS4 City Living), are included in the EP, but now with more units instead of what they have now (I think it's five per building including the penthouse).

Business : A lot of it can be a base game feature already (owning a community lot, running a home business and retail shop, hire employees), while an EP should focused on shopping feature, which means that it enables us to build a shopping mall (like apartment, but it's multiple shop units on one lot (minimum two, maximum 16 maybe) and the lot is larger). A saloon/barber business can also be part of the base game.

Restaurant : I purposely separate this from the business element because it has a different gameplay and also has potential to be expanded. Normal restaurants (with waiter, single meal, ofc you can own the restaurant) can come with the base game, while the GP for restaurant would be including different styles restaurants, e.g. fast food restaurant (self service instead of having waiters, with drive thru), café (focused on coffee making), bakery (focused on pastries/baking skill), catering service (be a chef in a party/any other event), gourmet restaurant (many dishes instead of one) and more.

Transports : Basic transportation (car, motorcycle, bicycle, school bus, taxi, car pool) are included in the base game with more realism (must get a license, add petrol, car service and repair etc.). The transportation-focused EP would be focusing on locomotives (train, commuter, tram) and aircrafts (airplane, helicopter, even hot air balloon). Transportation should come with purpose e.g. you can't reach a certain place without a working vehicle with its road/railway (i.e. no more teleport). Aircrafts enable travelling between worlds (in hope of we get larger worlds in TS5).

GTW : Active careers could be coming in more than one EP on certain aspects, for example, police, firefighter and medical in one "local hero" GP, scientist and military for another two. The base game should include realistic career choices (not a sim with zero skill point to work as a doctor), hence the careers in base game should be only NPC's careers (self sufficiency, no more need for townies) and "inactive unless unlocked in future DLC" careers (police, firefighter, teacher etc.). Careers like crime, politician, adventurer etc. have to be DLC exclusive, and in the end of the game all careers should be active careers. On the other hand, NPC careers (maid, repairman, postman) should semi-active (you can follow a sim to work but it's for some simple jobs). Self-employed and business-employed (home/retail shop) should be available too.

Free Time : Hobbies and interests should be in the base game, and there should be a whole EP for all kind of interesting activities indoors and outdoors, like sports, picnicking, art crafting and more.

I would like to hear your opinions too ^^

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Pets aren't going to be coming with a base game. They're one of the Sims most profitable EPs
    6adMCGP.gif
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    My sims 5 BG wish list for currently released features are the following:
    - Ability to own and run any public lot AKA ownable businesses
    - Clubs
    - Lot traits
    - Cats and dogs
    - Calendar/Seasons
    - Reputation system
    - Character value system from Parenthood
    - A variety of occult’s to play with (ghosts, plant sims, aliens, and maybe a couple more just to spice up the BG)

All that alongside the typical BG content.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Weather. We don't have to have everything from a seasons pack like holidays and tanning and all kinds of festivals and what not, but we should at least have rain, snow and some clothes to accommodate them.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited August 2019
    My first choice would be to add basic seasons in the base game. Then, yeah, they could still totally create a severe weather pack and a natural disasters pack.

As far as University, I think there could be adult education in a base game (similar to the skill classes in TS3). Then future packs might be like campus-themed or career-themed.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited August 2019
    The main thing for me would be 1) retail, and all careers having an option of being 2) active careers. We should have to 3) purchase Sims clothes, jewelry, hats, shoes, etc either from the catalogue, or from the store, and it should cost money..... it was more fun that way. I would like to see 4) outerwear separately. If you give us 5) headband and bows on a hairstyles we should be able to customize them for each outfit. I want my sims to have a reason for going and purchasing clothes and accessories. I would like to see clothes 6) put in a dresser ( after buying them) like in earlier games.

Just because we have retail to begin with, and active careers to begin with doesn’t mean you can’t add retail packs, and active careers. Retail packs can center around stuff for a grocery store, or stuff for a clothes store, or stuff for a jewelry store, or stuff for a toy store or book store, a flower shop, candy store, sewing store etc. Packs can come with additional careers and work places. I think they did such a great job with careers in Get to Work.

I think the base game should come with 7) plants again (basic vegetables, herbs, flowers and fruit tree’s like in sims 4). And, I would love to see 8) farm animals, chickens, cows, pigs, sheep and horses come with a base game, with farmer an active career. 9) Pets would be nice, but it is such a big seller I doubt they would do that. 10) Basic weather would also be nice.

11) Turn on and turn off’s, 12) astrological signs, 13) memories (like in the sims 2 would be nice to include)

14) Basic lot traits, 15) Good amount of people traits. 16) Club system from the beginning. 17) Aspirations 18) better mood system, fears, things that are excitable 19) pinable wishes

20) color wheel and patterns for clothes, and furniture. On beds, frames separated from bedspread colors. 21) sewing machine in base game. Our poorer sims could save money making their own clothes ( they could later add things to the sewing machine like quilts, more clothes patterns, more colors, rag dolls, stuffed animals, etc)

22) Life stages ..... Real babies ( with changeable clothes), toddlers, pre-schoolers, children, pre-teens, teens, young adult, adult, older adult and Elder.

23) Swimming In bodies of water, pools, oceans, lakes, ponds, and rivers, and water tools for making them.

24) open neighborhood

25) Basic transportation ( maybe one or two types of cars) You could add car packs later with gas stations, car washes, auto dealerships, automotive shops, fixing up cars as a hobby. bikes, tricycles, skate boards and scooters and motorcycles.

26) Buying a home or renting.

Then for packs you can focus on types of retail packs. Owning different types of businesses, going out to and owning restaurants, Different types of active jobs, more types of animals (wild and zoo types), amusement parks, vacation spots,
    Different occult’s, Different types of worlds. Different types of plants, insects, small animals spas, celebrities, etc.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I don't need a lot from DLC added to base game, but I'd like to see rain make it in. And swimming in oceans/seas.

There is a lot that is currently missing I'd like to see return to a basegame, though. Vehicles, wants & fears, and CASt for starters. And be sure to include toddlers at the get-go this time, please.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i dont mind paying extra for the dlc. cause i know if its included in base game it would be bare bones and i'd rather have it detailed than shoved in

i'd prefer they just have a complete base game for TS5, instead of having to wait for patches for sims 4 to catch up. i know why sims 4 is like that, but i'd rather sims 5 just be complete.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Pets aren't going to be coming with a base game. They're one of the Sims most profitable EPs

I know it's very unlikely there'll be any pet in the base game. The only exceptional case is that TS5's possible future competitior (we all know who) may be including pets in their base game and TS5 tries to catch up with them by putting pets in BG too.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    edited September 2019
    I understand why Pets are unlikely to be in Base Game, but the amount of content they could receive if they were makes me wish it were to be the case.
    Post edited by Prink34320V2 on
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    While I would love to see basic weather in a future sims game from the get go, I hope that most of the time and resources are put into making dynamic and interesting sims. To me that is the base and everything else can just expand on it.

Having said that, there are a few things from the Sims 4 that I think should become part of a future base game.
    1. Basic weather - Seasons could focus on seasonal activities and holidays
    2. Calendar - Each pack could add events that could be put on the calendar
    3. Club system - Get Together could add a lot of activities suited for clubs
    4. Reputation system - Could still have a pack focus on fame

These things I feel could all be expanded upon by DLC. They already kind of do this (Get Famous added events to the calendar, almost all packs add club activities, etc), but it would make sense just to have them be part of the base game.

Anything else in my opinion can continue to be released as DLC. Pets would be nice to have from the beginning as then they could add new pet stuff in each new pack, but I doubt they'll ever do that.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2019
    Seasons. Like, really. We are 2019 already and by the time Sims 5 is out (which will take years anyway) Seasons should be just a basegame feature.

I say Seasons, not basic weather.. More seasonal activities can be added through DLC as smaller features along the way.

And don't tell me: 'Oh but the base game will be 100$ if they do that!!' Come on. EA is a big massive company with a LOT of money and resources. If they want to, they can easily do it.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It should be seasons and weather, but realistically they won't do that.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd prefer to see the basics done right next time such as all life stages, Sims awareness to the world and Sims around them, detailed traits, build and world editing tools, CAS loaded with features like color wheel body hair tattoos that can be placed anywhere and cars be the center of attention of the base game. But if they were to put in expansion features I'd like to see features that can be built up in expansions like clubs calendars and seasonal weather be there so every pack can enhance it I'm not calling for all the Seasons expansion activities to be in the base game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I agree that Seasons should be basegame.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Seasons is too popular of a pack to not be DLC. Maybe weather but I doubt it.

I would say apartments should be base game as they should not be tied to one world.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    While Pets and Seasons are an absolute necessity for a realism player, there still are people not enjoying them - and making them baseline would require adding a set of switches to the settings to turn them off.

For me, it'd be the Parenthood pack - without it, raising children was far too simple. And Calendar from seasons, that's just a gold feature (though I'd appreciate being able to set Monday as the first day of the week instead of Sunday, and 24hr mode, because I am a European player).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    Everything Seasons have had to offer ever since the beginning of The Sims series that introduced it should be the very first expansion pack. Pets (I'm not going to call it Cats & Dogs because there are pets other than those two animals out there) would be a nice addition after it.

University and education-related content should be completely fleshed out and a part of the base game for The Sims 5.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Pets and weather should be base game absolutely. I don't care how profitable it is as an expansion, Sims 5 developers will really need to up their creativity and come out with NEW ideas. Because I am tired of being offered the same expansions nearly every iteration.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The party/groups/whatever it was that came with Get Together.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    +1 for clubs. IIRC it didn't sell too well, and I can see why it didn't/ It's incredibly useful in practice, but doesn't sound all that interesting on paper.

I'd actually love to see witches be the base game occult for once. I know, it's shocking to see me talking about witches again. What a surprise. But magic is incredibly versatile and could easily be expanded with each pack. I feel that it's also the only occult that can realistically get multiple packs to expand on it. We could get a Stuff Pack for witchy accessories, Game Packs just for spells and add-ons, and Expansion Packs could introduce new spells that will allow witches to take advantage of whatever new gimmicks the EP brings.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    Seasons (weather) should be a basegame element. They can make money on events that only happen in particular seasons, later. They can remove 'gardening' and add that to the event pack if they want to explore 'seasons'. But weather and it's affects on Sims should have always been a basegame element if you are going to simulate a 'world' and 'life'. Special events that happen during a particular season is where they can take an EP rather than throwing gardening/farming into the base.

Generations/Parenthood should have always been a basegame element. Who wants to wait for a Sim to care about a family member three years later? Give me a break, that was such a money grab. Basegames (like TS2) should already care about other family members and simulate the life that happens between them. Such as fears, wishes, dreams, interactions, thoughts, simulation between child and parent, other family members, and not have to wait on EPs to flesh those out. How ridculous to wait for that. Then me scream omg, thank you for toddlers and my Sim parent finally lecturing the child for misbehaving....says a lot about what we were willing to accept as gameplay and a life simulator, doesn't it.

Kid games should be a basegame element and not just card games but games children play, they aren't all involved with a phone, and need those mental, physical and social developing skills and learning boundaries, by playing games together. Waiting on that is such a money grab.

Pets can remain an EP but will have to be more than what C&D turned out to be. Butlers, Nannies, etc. should have been basegame elements instead of having to pay $10 to get a butler. If they wanted to make an EP with more high living elements such as sports cars, high society living, pent houses, more expensive, flashy clothing (like in TS1's buyable clothes) and society like that, that added more luxury items, then they can put those in that sort of EP.

Grunge (decals in Vampires) should have always been a basegame element. Boarded up, broken windows, dirty walls, ripped wall paper, stained floors should always be a basegame element because it allows a player to tell their own story instead of cookie cutter Sim lives.

One bad or evil NPC or occult should always be a basegame element whether that is the fear of an alien or an unsavory charlotan or something else the base should always have someone you love to hate and fear. It's what makes soap operas and sitcoms or nighttime dramas more interesting to most, every storyboard needs an arch enemy. Something everyone can relate to and fear or dispise is always the key to uniting a community to play in ways that branch out of cookie cutter lives. Even the Sad Clown (TS1.basegame) was something everyone understood, disliked and or didn't know how to solve and united the players to overcome. (before spoilers to remove the painting)

Education shouold shortly follow a base, how many generations of Sims should a player have before they can attend a higher education facility. I think TS4 has missed the mark on this one. Better careers (by degree) should have followed a college education such as doctor or other open careers. University should have been the second pack to open up better paying careers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I feel like these should be included:
    × Rain & Snow (depending on neighborhoods climate)
    × Cats and Dogs
    × Community College
    × 1 Vacation World
    × Restaurants and a downtown
    × Owning your own business

Everything thing else expanding on those...
    For ex a Seasons expansion adding extreme weather & disasters, like floods or earthquakes.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Just in hope the base game is playable and not boring, these elements should be included or considered to be included in the future TS5 base game, while new elements could be taking their places for further DLCs.

Pets : Cats and dogs in base game, while a "Pets EP" slot includes more pets (rabbit, parrot, iguana, horse), wild animals (wolf, deer, raccoon, skunk) and the addition of a zoo (elephant, monkey, tiger). Farming elements, including farm animals (chicken, sheep, cow) would be neat but they can also release it in another EP for more detailed gameplay in both aspects of animals and farming.

University : This one has to come in an EP ofc but for more realism, a complete education system before university should be included in the base game, with schools for different ages (elementary school, middle school, high school), a stream system for choices of course in uni (science, art, commerce), different schooling style (private school, home schooling, cadet for police/firefighter/military career). The real EP should come with active school for university (e.g. you can do experiment with your sim in a lab), while another EP could be released for the active school of the rest (including an active teacher career).

Seasons : Basic weathers (rain, snow, windy, cloudy, sunny) and the four seasons in the base game, while the empty slot for seasons to be replaced with natural disasters or extreme weathers (tornado, flood, hail, haze, drought). This slot could also work with the farming one since weather conditions have large effects on crops. Major holidays/festivals with more depth are maintained in an EP while calendar should be a base game feature.

Travel : This element has to be coming with DLC(s) so only minor things from that can be included in base game, e.g. a sim can own a vacation house.

Urban Living : Apartments should come with base game. By the meaning of an apartment, I mean TS2 style apartments, where there are more than one household can live in one same lot. The new apartment should come with detailed edit tools as well, e.g. you decide how big one apartment unit is, and what facilities to be placed around. Closed community therefore is possible in the base game. Condominiums (i.e. high rise houses in TS4 City Living), are included in the EP, but now with more units instead of what they have now (I think it's five per building including the penthouse).

Business : A lot of it can be a base game feature already (owning a community lot, running a home business and retail shop, hire employees), while an EP should focused on shopping feature, which means that it enables us to build a shopping mall (like apartment, but it's multiple shop units on one lot (minimum two, maximum 16 maybe) and the lot is larger). A saloon/barber business can also be part of the base game.

Restaurant : I purposely separate this from the business element because it has a different gameplay and also has potential to be expanded. Normal restaurants (with waiter, single meal, ofc you can own the restaurant) can come with the base game, while the GP for restaurant would be including different styles restaurants, e.g. fast food restaurant (self service instead of having waiters, with drive thru), café (focused on coffee making), bakery (focused on pastries/baking skill), catering service (be a chef in a party/any other event), gourmet restaurant (many dishes instead of one) and more.

Transports : Basic transportation (car, motorcycle, bicycle, school bus, taxi, car pool) are included in the base game with more realism (must get a license, add petrol, car service and repair etc.). The transportation-focused EP would be focusing on locomotives (train, commuter, tram) and aircrafts (airplane, helicopter, even hot air balloon). Transportation should come with purpose e.g. you can't reach a certain place without a working vehicle with its road/railway (i.e. no more teleport). Aircrafts enable travelling between worlds (in hope of we get larger worlds in TS5).

GTW : Active careers could be coming in more than one EP on certain aspects, for example, police, firefighter and medical in one "local hero" GP, scientist and military for another two. The base game should include realistic career choices (not a sim with zero skill point to work as a doctor), hence the careers in base game should be only NPC's careers (self sufficiency, no more need for townies) and "inactive unless unlocked in future DLC" careers (police, firefighter, teacher etc.). Careers like crime, politician, adventurer etc. have to be DLC exclusive, and in the end of the game all careers should be active careers. On the other hand, NPC careers (maid, repairman, postman) should semi-active (you can follow a sim to work but it's for some simple jobs). Self-employed and business-employed (home/retail shop) should be available too.

Free Time : Hobbies and interests should be in the base game, and there should be a whole EP for all kind of interesting activities indoors and outdoors, like sports, picnicking, art crafting and more.

I would like to hear your opinions too ^^

ALL EP's and GP's themes can be added tô the basegame in a raw way and be expanded with a pack with needed. The devs fear we would stop buying the game If It came with cats and dogs, as well as Seasons, but thats just foolish of them. Imagine how cool It would be If they released a Ghosts/Cemetery/Afterlife GP. It would expand upon the game,and upon a feature wr already have, but that wr would definetely buy. I want my Ghosts to stop disappearing, i want to have funerals, i want to explore the afterlife.
    Travel can be base game. Sims 5 should come with 3 worlds like Sims 4/Sims 2 did, but i hate seeing Sulani residents that should live on the middle of the pacific ocean walking down the European streets of Windenburg like It they had portals or something like that, so... You would choose which world would be your Homeworld and the other ones would be set as vacation destinations till you decide to change your Homeworld by moving (not like Sims 3, more like Sims 4, without losing relationships/family members). I want more realistic details in my game, i hate seeing people that should live far away walking down the street like If they where from your neighborhood.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Weather. We don't have to have everything from a seasons pack like holidays and tanning and all kinds of festivals and what not, but we should at least have rain, snow and some clothes to accommodate them.

@jcp011c2 If they added the weather tô the base game we could have more packs like Island Living/Island Paradise. Imagine one with winter stuff, skiing, drinking hot chocolate! Or a Autumn one, halloween-themed objects, farming related stuff, etc... A Beach one as always... A mermaid GP... A Spring one with flower arranging, beekipping + hobbies related to that seasons... I know i'm not adding much ideias, but they can expand on seasons being base game more than they imagine. Like Cats and Dogs. They could Release a veterinarian GP, pet shop GP, small pets GP, My First Pet Stuff Pack without the hate... Hahaha there are many possibilities for everything. Even University. It could work as a regular careers, our Sims would Go to the Edge of the Lot and dissapear, but then a Go To School EP could expand on that + high School, middle School, etc...