Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RoM: Choose your familiar!

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I might be alone with this but I didn't really like the familiars. They felt more annoying than cute to me. Some of my spellcasters will probably still have them... and I loved everything else that was shown.
  • Options
    RebeckaGabriellaRebeckaGabriella Posts: 23 Member
    The leaf bat is my favorite. I'll have my sim adopt a stray cat as well
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm jsut sitting here humming "Gotta catch 'em all" lol

I'll have to try them on for size with the future Sims I'll be creating. The one Sims who's getting spellcasting powers will probably end up with the little Lizard/Chameleon with the glowy tail. Because reasons.
    (for anyone familiar with Teen Wolf: look, Stiles is getting magic and he'd absolutely get a kick out of having a Jackson-ish familiar)

I'm also way too curious about the cats and dogs familiars though. Sparkles!

lol, it's probably why my Scott might get a wolf for a familiar. Haven't considered if I'd make Stiles a spell caster though.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    liliaeth wrote: »

I'll have to try them on for size with the future Sims I'll be creating. The one Sims who's getting spellcasting powers will probably end up with the little Lizard/Chameleon with the glowy tail. Because reasons.
    (for anyone familiar with Teen Wolf: look, Stiles is getting magic and he'd absolutely get a kick out of having a Jackson-ish familiar)

lol, it's probably why my Scott might get a wolf for a familiar. Haven't considered if I'd make Stiles a spell caster though.

Teen wolf is the reason why my Sorcerer Mason King is best friends with a Werewolf, Tyron Jordan, their relationship is loosely based on Teen Wolf. Although Tyron is more like Derek Hale in regards to Tyron comes from a Family of Werewolves, The Hale Owned and Protected Beacon Hills, The Jordans Built, and protected my World of Briarwood. The Hale House Fire = The Jordan House Raid in 1880. Derek has Peter his Twisted Uncle, Tyron has his entire family, His dad who survived the House raid when he was 13 years old in 1880, His mother, and his 5 older brothers... and Cora, his manipulative (ExQueen) Witch of a Grandmother. Who is one of my main antagonists of the story.

Then there is Mason's First Romance Story with Aria. Which has a Slightly happier ending than Scott and Alison's. But Aria and Alison are mirrored images of each other. Aria comes from a Family of Magic Hunters, the Díor Clan, like the Argents they annihilated the Jordan family, back in 1880, due to a vendetta, that rose between the two families. The Dior family return home to Briarwood in hopes of raising their Daughter Aria in a normal home in a seemingly normal town, after spending decades in France. Unknowingly magic and the supernatural has made stronger roots in own. Aria is Mason's Strength as much as she is his weakness. which I poetically Gave her the last name Díor, Golden, In my Magical lore, Gold is a very powerful Magical Conductor, as is Silver. Most wands are made with Gold, Silver, other precious metals, and Stones that make very powerful containers like Diamonds, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Amethyst.
    But in the right conditions Gold can also deflect magical energy.

Anyway... I kind of want Tyron to be Mason's familiar as Mason is also Tyron's Beta, even tho he's not a werewolf.
    I mean they are both leaders, and each other's side kicks.
    They're not blood related, but are essentially Brothers, Both are already inseparable, Tyron follows Mason everywhere. Tyron is very attuned to Mason's well being Mason cannot lie to Tyron even if he tried.
    As Mason is almost omniscient when It comes to the Study of Tyron and his well being too Mason is always aware when Tyron is being mischievous and sneaky behind him. Both are always ready to to pull each other out of tight spots, always ready to take a bullet for each other, figuratively and literally.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    s_KwZ4xJ_400x400-300x300.png

Skull Vield or Dragon whichever my sim finds first in shop. I'm aware I can have all 11 but I mean I want a familiar asap so whichever of these three I find first from rotating stock is my first familiar
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    My favorites right now are the crow, dragon, leaf bat and the dark bunny. I had planned on my main save to use my family pets for the sims that I decide will be witches. However, for their children, I will probably choose a familiar that matches that child sims personality and possible future job/aspiration. That's my "loose plan" for now. I can see all of the familiars being used and paired up at some point and time with my game play style. I'm excited for it.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »

Teen wolf is the reason why my Sorcerer Mason King is best friends with a Werewolf, Tyron Jordan, their relationship is loosely based on Teen Wolf. Although Tyron is more like Derek Hale in regards to Tyron comes from a Family of Werewolves, The Hale Owned and Protected Beacon Hills, The Jordans Built, and protected my World of Briarwood. The Hale House Fire = The Jordan House Raid in 1880. Derek has Peter his Twisted Uncle, Tyron has his entire family, His dad who survived the House raid when he was 13 years old in 1880, His mother, and his 5 older brothers... and Cora, his manipulative (ExQueen) Witch of a Grandmother. Who is one of my main antagonists of the story.

Then there is Mason's First Romance Story with Aria. Which has a Slightly happier ending than Scott and Alison's. But Aria and Alison are mirrored images of each other. Aria comes from a Family of Magic Hunters, the Díor Clan, like the Argents they annihilated the Jordan family, back in 1880, due to a vendetta, that rose between the two families. The Dior family return home to Briarwood in hopes of raising their Daughter Aria in a normal home in a seemingly normal town, after spending decades in France. Unknowingly magic and the supernatural has made stronger roots in own. Aria is Mason's Strength as much as she is his weakness. which I poetically Gave her the last name Díor, Golden, In my Magical lore, Gold is a very powerful Magical Conductor, as is Silver. Most wands are made with Gold, Silver, other precious metals, and Stones that make very powerful containers like Diamonds, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Amethyst.
    But in the right conditions Gold can also deflect magical energy.

Anyway... I kind of want Tyron to be Mason's familiar as Mason is also Tyron's Beta, even tho he's not a werewolf.
    I mean they are both leaders, and each other's side kicks.
    They're not blood related, but are essentially Brothers, Both are already inseparable, Tyron follows Mason everywhere. Tyron is very attuned to Mason's well being Mason cannot lie to Tyron even if he tried.
    As Mason is almost omniscient when It comes to the Study of Tyron and his well being too Mason is always aware when Tyron is being mischievous and sneaky behind him. Both are always ready to to pull each other out of tight spots, always ready to take a bullet for each other, figuratively and literally.

Cool, I usually just play teen wolf characters. Most of the times I start out with a few households starting with the tw chars as toddlers, my main one started with Melissa, Rafael and Scott, the others with the Stilinskis, the Argents, the Hales. I've mostly been playing the Hales as vampires, due to the lack of werewolves so far. So that Peter can then give Scott the bite, and be defeated by Scott, and his friends.

Though admittedly the last few times I played those families, Scott and Stiles ended up marrying. This is Stiles letting Scott feed on him. (Scott has the good vampire aspiration of course)
    2019-06-16%201_zps9ifb6www.png

Currently waiting for my mods to be back in order before I go back to them. But when I do, I might have Stiles become a spellcaster so he can then teach their children :-)

• Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    s_KwZ4xJ_400x400-300x300.png

Skull Vield or Dragon whichever my sim finds first in shop. I'm aware I can have all 11 but I mean I want a familiar asap so whichever of these three I find first from rotating stock is my first familiar

sHOP???

(I haven't watched the livestream yet...)
  • Options
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

sHOP???

(I haven't watched the livestream yet...)

They showed them in the reveal trailer...? But there are three shops each one sells like 3 catagories but I forget which is which. But 1 sells wands 1 sells familiars and 1 sells ingredients. Each one rotates stock every 24 minutes in real life or 24 Sim Hours

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It would be cool if they made updates to Jungle Adventure where There's a chance you could acquire the Skull familiar in the Jungle Temple. and maybe the Skull familiar could be something that attack your sims. if you have Jungle adventure and Realm of Magic installed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Didn't they say we could also find Familiars out in the world as a collectible? I might have some of my Spellcasters go on a "spirit quest" to seek theirs out. Whichever one they find first is their "spirit animal".
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Didn't they say we could also find Familiars out in the world as a collectible? I might have some of my Spellcasters go on a "spirit quest" to seek theirs out. Whichever one they find first is their "spirit animal".

Probably via winning duels or fetching if your pet is a familiar
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    I like the crow and that they make comments (though not if they're all as saccharine as they were in the stream) but ultimately I'm probably gonna make a cat my familiar.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    revgrv wrote: »
    I like the crow and that they make comments (though not if they're all as saccharine as they were in the stream) but ultimately I'm probably gonna make a cat my familiar.

They said they can insult you
  • Options
    TheSpeakerTheSpeaker Posts: 31 Member

I love this idea. I mean it's great that you can have all familiars but I just want to have 1 bonded to my sim and that's that. Makes it a more unique/special.

I also feel like choosing one would be "cheating" in a way. There should be an optional quiz or something you get assigned one, if not randomly then at least based on your sims traits.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    TheSpeaker wrote: »

I love this idea. I mean it's great that you can have all familiars but I just want to have 1 bonded to my sim and that's that. Makes it a more unique/special.

I also feel like choosing one would be "cheating" in a way. There should be an optional quiz or something you get assigned one, if not randomly then at least based on your sims traits.

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in finding out more about finding Familiars. I'm wondering if the turn up while fishing or digging ore spots because we already find some strange things that way. I think it would kind of guide the story in its own direction to see what Familiar "finds" the Spellcaster. It might say more about that Sim's personality. At least, that's how I'd like to play it. It could dictate some of the spells that I choose for that Caster.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    If you want actual images Also

pokeballs I mean crystal balls

09-06-19_10-01-59-PM.jpg