Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holy Horses Batman! There's More In the Code!

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited September 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    I posted it on reddit and got downvoted. Maybe people think I'm faking this?

It's Type 9AFE47F5. Instance 0E23607EE989C421. In Locomotion Config.

If Reddit says it’s fake, it’s fake. I trust those boys with my life.

But if it’s not, where the heck would the horse live?!? On my little 20x20?

And if they can add horses, they can add cars!

Well, they can always include objects and running area outside the lot (neighborhoods/districts/open space or whatever you call it), thus as a result limiting the point of horses within featured world. (Like how swimmable oceans are to Sulani).

Other than that, they can include a lot or two that's large enough (40x40-60x60) to sufficient. I really don't buy the fact their engine limits such capacity for creating, unless they're only concern would be if it's not too tasking (lagging). I can't think of any reason why devs wouldn't be unable or what would prevent them to creating such giant plots of land. For heaven sakes, they're the ones with CAW tool. They should be able to plot any lot they wish.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @Wallsisms4ever I still want them though. :'( I just wanna see my Sim get in it and drive off, and park it on the driveway to woohoo in. :D
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I hope horses come separately from farming. With the way EPs have been going, I'd rather they focus on improving farmlife, rural living and the world, instead of giving us a bunch of half-baked things. I'd rather have good ranching and farming with no horses, than mediocre ranching, farming and horses. Horses getting their own GP would be the best thing to develop horses, too.
    Soooo Get Country or Get Farming as the game title?
    I think it'd be Country Living.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I hope horses come separately from farming. With the way EPs have been going, I'd rather they focus on improving farmlife, rural living and the world, instead of giving us a bunch of half-baked things. I'd rather have good ranching and farming with no horses, than mediocre ranching, farming and horses. Horses getting their own GP would be the best thing to develop horses, too.
    Soooo Get Country or Get Farming as the game title?
    I think it'd be Country Living.

I think "Farm Life" is a better name, since they just had Island Living. Still similar, but not exactly the same.
  • Options
    adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Couldn't be like toddlers? By that I mean add in a free update? Hmmmmm prolly just wishful thinking. We can still dream I guess🤣🤣
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    BRING ON THE HORSES
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I hope horses will get a separate EP so that we can get horse riding for kids and maybe also toddlers.

Maybe pair it with unicorns and - if there are still ressources left - fairies (which were left out in Realm of Magic), but pairing horses with the farm theme wouldn't be a good idea.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes please! I would love horses and a horse riding skill. Perhaps show jumping and racing too. My medieval vampire needs a mighty steed!
  • Options
    PixellamaPixellama Posts: 31 Member
    I love this!!
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I'm not so much for horses, but I'd love to see farm animals! Alpacas, llamas, cows, sheep, chickens :D any of that in code?
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    I'm not so much for horses, but I'd love to see farm animals! Alpacas, llamas, cows, sheep, chickens :D any of that in code?

nah.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I hope horses come separately from farming. With the way EPs have been going, I'd rather they focus on improving farmlife, rural living and the world, instead of giving us a bunch of half-baked things.

I really don't get the logic behind this.

People say if they do something in a game pack, it's going to be half baked, and if they do something in an expansion, it'll be half baked. I just read someone post that they thought magic was half baked because it came in a game pack, whereas the work required an expansion.

What if it's just the way they're doing things in general?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I hope horses come separately from farming. With the way EPs have been going, I'd rather they focus on improving farmlife, rural living and the world, instead of giving us a bunch of half-baked things.

I really don't get the logic behind this.

People say if they do something in a game pack, it's going to be half baked, and if they do something in an expansion, it'll be half baked. I just read someone post that they thought magic was half baked because it came in a game pack, whereas the work required an expansion.

What if it's just the way they're doing things in general?
    Exactly this. Mermaids were half baked yet in a expansion everything is half baked besides clubs and toddlers its pretty much impossible to find a feature which is not.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I will admit that I would get this immediately. Horses were one of my most memorable aspects of playing TS3. I'm not too worried about how they will manage it. I'm guessing there will be a dedicated world in which they will fit well. I'll also be interested in the various aspects of the skill.

I am additionally interested in other aspects of a farming or rural world. I like how it would create a very different setting. Some sims can live it up in the city, some can be out in the country. I can rotate between them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I'd be surprised if a horses related pack is next...
    But if it is, I hope kids can ride them too. And toddlers riding on ponies would be cute.

omg I agree so much, being able to see a toddler or kid ride a pony /horse would be so amazing
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    While horse fun, I'm not sure it's might be work in sims 4 because limited space?
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    While horse fun, I'm not sure it's might be work in sims 4 because limited space?

Yes, was just thinking how owning a horse while living in an apartment would work. Where would you keep them?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019

Yes, was just thinking how owning a horse while living in an apartment would work. Where would you keep them?

The same way you did it in Sims 3 Late Night Apartments, add a horse stable in your apartment
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

Boarding stable. Could add a career that way. Or part time work for teens.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    TS3 had a public stables venue, they could go with that for people in apartments (or on small lots).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    TS3 had a public stables venue, they could go with that for people in apartments (or on small lots).

I love that lot but my horses leave most times and return to their "home" lots. Mind I believe it was built to use the show ring not full time stabling. Hopefully for 4 they could make it more permanent.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member

Has anyone tried putting a horse in Late Night Bridgeport apartment? Just curious :D
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Had a horse on a house boat once but not an apartment.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I hope they release the Horses. As a full expansion pack with stables, old western world in the 1800s, the smartphone would be replaced by the very first Wooden Telephone. There would be about 10 to 12 Jumbo Size Lots. A new Saloon, School, General Store, Bakery Shop, Candy Shop, Post Office, Music/Dance Hall & Live Theater Venues. Playable Newspapers, the first Typewriter, Farms, Coaches & Buggies. New careers as: Blacksmiths, Clergyman, CanCan Girls, Merchants, Classical/Country Singers, Schoolhouse Teachers, Midwives & Farmers.