Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holy Horses Batman! There's More In the Code!

Comments

• The notion of a Farming/Country Living/Off-The-Grid Pack coming soon makes sense. They release the off-the-grid lot trait for base-game, have months to work out any issues, then they release a pack that enhances the off-the-grid experience by offering more useful objects and things for your sims to do for fun and to be more self-sufficient/eco-friendly (as the term "off-the-grid" suggests).

• HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    I hope we'll get some kind of farm life EP or GP they can add horses and cows, chickens, etc.. in the game. We can buy cows and chickens in ts3 store and they are treated as an object there, so they could do similar thing in farm type pack for TS4.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I hope we'll get some kind of farm life EP or GP they can add horses and cows, chickens, etc.. in the game. We can buy cows and chickens in ts3 store and they are treated as an object there, so they could do similar thing in farm type pack for TS4.

Maybe the system of this animals it's the same of familiars or dolphin of ROM and IL. You can buy some this animals and they can ride for the lot, some like that.

I don't know what I want first, I would love farming pack , play like harvest moon vibes, but actually I need some gameplay and cas for tennager or young adults , they like the same thing, I really need something to differentiate them.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited September 2019
    Tbh this might have nothing to do with farming. It might just be an equestrian GP for later next year.
  • I seriously hope this isn't in a Farming Expansion... I don't want to pay $40 for something I'll hardly use, just to have horses...

there's a lot more in a farming other than horses. a huge world with multiple 64x64 lots, expanded off-the-grid gameplay, livestocks, crop farming and fish agriculture, windmills, solar panels, farmer markets, nectar making, canning/preserves, , rustic weddings, and off course horses!

the last four examples i've given are what we've been asking a lot for a while now and this would be a good opportunity to finally add them.
    y'all got bread?
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I REALLY hope this is true and we could get farming pack this year! :OOO
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    That doesn't look like a Farming pack. It looks like the Equestrian one we voted on. Those steps in the code look like Dressage to me and that's Horseshow and training stuff. Farming had its' own separate vote entry. :)

This is the sort of stuff that 13 year old girls go mad for (or did) when I was young and that was the age they are aiming for they told us at the start.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2019
    i think the off-the-grid lot trait was originally reserved on a farming/countryside living expansion to come so that explains the amount of bugs and glitches it had back in june. y'all remember that?
    y'all got bread?
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Gotta admit I'd like to see horses make it in. Hopefully with a new cool equestrian 'hood that would be fun to ride them in.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    akaseven wrote: »
    Guys, is there any chance of having an expansion in November, be it universities or farming pack and another in February or March? where does the fiscal year end?

They said it's one of the best years in terms of content, I expect at least one gamepack in February or March, but I don't think farming should be a gamepack let alone universities.

If this were real we would have 3 expansions a gamepack and stuffpack in a fiscal year.

I'm thinking we'll see an EP for sure in November and then another EP around June, so it could be May, as I THINK their fiscal year ends at the end of June. If it doesn't end until after July is over the EP might be July as well. I think June though as the last two summers we've had a June pack.

And I'm fairly confident that the two we get will be University/Education and Farming/Country Living type themes. Of course, I could be way off base.

one fiscal quarter ends in March. Don't know when the other quarter ends

If that's correct, we actually we do, if one ends in March it would be June, September and December. But as far as fiscal year, I'm not sure which one marks the end of the fiscal year.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If we do get horses it'll probably be best used with the Cats & Dogs pack installed, seeing that they are linked together in the program as shown. I wonder how Maxis would get round that if you didn't have C&D. Bundle?
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If we do get horses it'll probably be best used with the Cats & Dogs pack installed, seeing that they are linked together in the program as shown. I wonder how Maxis would get round that if you didn't have C&D. Bundle?

I feel as though people may not mind buying Cats and Dogs along with a pack that includes horses, especially if it was indeed a Country/Rustic/Rural pack, assuming they do not have Cats and Dogs already, especially if wasn't quite "you MUST have Cats and Dogs for this to work" and more "it's highly recommended that you get Cats and Dogs because the packs go great together". Not to mention, EPs go on sale a lot so you could in theory wait until Cats and Dogs goes on sale and save a bit of money, even if you have to buy the horses pack full price cause its new and you don't wanna wait for that
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    I posted it on reddit and got downvoted. Maybe people think I'm faking this?

It's Type 9AFE47F5. Instance 0E23607EE989C421. In Locomotion Config.

If Reddit says it’s fake, it’s fake. I trust those boys with my life.

But if it’s not, where the heck would the horse live?!? On my little 20x20?

And if they can add horses, they can add cars!
    I don’t care if horses is real or not but on reddit they were so quick to say the IL leaks were fake. They were denying it until it was announced, so this might be fake or real, who knows, but they’ve been wrong before. Agreed on the cars though.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm looking forward to horses if they're done well. The way that TS4 is going, they'll probably be in a separate pack.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I seriously hope this isn't in a Farming Expansion... I don't want to pay $40 for something I'll hardly use, just to have horses...

there's a lot more in a farming other than horses. a huge world with multiple 64x64 lots, expanded off-the-grid gameplay, livestocks, crop farming and fish agriculture, windmills, solar panels, farmer markets, nectar making, canning/preserves, , rustic weddings, and off course horses!

the last four examples i've given are what we've been asking a lot for a while now and this would be a good opportunity to finally add them.

Yes, I know, and I don't want any of it!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I'd like well-done horses. Ones not riddled with routing issues and bugs like their jumping skill freezing
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2019
    Honestly I'm excited for any pack that will let some of my sims live a lifestyle that's less modern, I love the way Glimmerbrook is set up as this kind of off the grid druid town, same with my general setup in Sulani, if they add farming and horses I'm definitely building my own little medieval-esque settlement at this point

Now if only they would also add swordsmanship and archery.. and a couple of occult jobs.. (and elves.. or just pointy ears for normal sims unless spellcasters can have them) I'll be set for life as far as content

I /love/ horses, it's an immediate buy from me if they add them in regardless of exactly how they choose to do it, but if it's some kind of "old England/medieval" pack to round out realm of magic I'm immediately there.

If it's farming.. I'm making Eragon, it could still be pretty epic, not to mention it still leaves the possibility for druid activities if you can leave offerings to have faerie beings bless your crops and the like.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Hmm, very interesting!

I would love some horses!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited September 2019
    OK I was dead-set that I needed Uni to come this fall, but I have always wanted a farming EP and it would officially end the family drought.

Sooo I won't mind if we get a Farming EP this November and the University EP in March, OR Uni EP this November and a horses GP in January (as some people say, it might not even be related to farming). There is no way that horses could be combined with farming in a GP because so much would be lacking, and honestly I'm wondering if horses are too much work for a GP even on their own?
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    So they are definitely working on a Farming pack. BUT there's been some rap leaks as well, which makes me think they're working on University. Unless they are making an "Old Town Road Living EP" connecting rap and country lol
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    This might upset some people, but if they add in horses before cars I will be a bit PO'd. That's the only thing I can think of now that requires just as much coding.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I seriously hope this isn't in a Farming Expansion... I don't want to pay $40 for something I'll hardly use, just to have horses...

Yes, I know, and I don't want any of it!

Same.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I kinda...don't want them?
    I mean I am all for a farming expansion...but....no horses.. I think we need different things other than horses.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited September 2019
    Simanite wrote: »
    This might upset some people, but if they add in horses before cars I will be a bit PO'd. That's the only thing I can think of now that requires just as much coding.

Unfortunately, it makes a lot more sense to have horses rather than cars.

First because most lots in Sims 4 aren't connected to roads (Basically all lots in Sulani and Windenburg, a big part of the lots in Brindleton Bay and San Myshuno as well) while horses don't need roads.

Second because there's much more "green area" than actually streets in the game, so considering we don't have open worlds, we would be able to ride horses everywhere, while we would only see cars for 2 seconds before they leave the lot area.
  • dancergirl411dancergirl411 Posts: 27 Member
    Soooo Get Country or Get Farming as the game title?