Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims and Their Money

Is there a way to save a sim/household to the library WITH their funds?

This really ought to be a thing by now, so I am hoping I am just missing the obvious.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nope~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Case closed.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I wish but I don’t think there is a way.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    There's not, but what I do is write down the exact amount they have and put it on the description of the family when I save them to my gallery. That way, when I replace them in the world, I can do the whole: ctrl+shift+c, testingcheats true, money <money amount here> then they have their funding back. Its not ideal, but it does the trick.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    If you upload them with a house you might be able to include a vault with their savings. But it might be reset, I have never tried.

Anyway, it's quite easy for anyone downloading to add some money...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Awww shucks.

What I am doing is populating my hoods with new households. I have already set them up with jobs and enough cash to buy the homes I want them in, but doing this has so far used up 1.5 sim days... you wouldn't think it, would you? Anyway, I was hoping to save them to the library with jobs and funds so I could start again and no time will have passed by, if you understand. I want a fresh game from the start of Spring with everyone in their homes.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    That’s weird. My library always saves my sims families with their funds? I didn’t know you couldn’t
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No, but you can save the house and sims and just use cheats so they can continue on without having to start on. The library just saves their skills and jobs.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Echova wrote: »
    That’s weird. My library always saves my sims families with their funds? I didn’t know you couldn’t

Tell us all your secret ;)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    If you upload them with a house you might be able to include a vault with their savings. But it might be reset, I have never tried.

Sadly, inventories are deleted when you put Sims in your gallery/library. I used to put in a lot of effort making family members who'd died, then putting the gravestones in Sims' inventories, but they disappear into the void. I think the best bet is writing down the funds in the household description, then cheating later.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports