Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

False Gallery Flag?

Hello my fellow simmers! I have an issue, If I'm in the wrong section please let me know and I'd be glad to move it! :3

Awhile back I made a sim and I shared him on the gallery, The other day I was looking through my catalog and noticed that he wasn't showing up. I was a little confused so I went into my settings and uncheck the "Hide reported content" box and went back to my catalog and he showed up. I'm completely shocked as he is an original creation that has no offensive content, I uploaded him with cc and no cc and his cc version is still up. He has been reuploaded a couple of times by other people but I'm NOT here to complain about that.

What I want to know is there a way to remove the false flag? Can someone either point me to the right Guru to talk to or just let me know who I need to go to so this issue can be resolved.

This is all I'm asking about I'm not asking for someone else's version of my sim to be removed or flagged, I'm just wanting the false flag to be removed from my sim.

DISCLAIMER: I was a little put off from making this thread as I absolutely DON'T want to get attacked. I'm usually a lurker and I like to hide in the shadows, So I've seen my fair share of attacks for even mentioning the word 'reuploading'. This is my first and most likely only thread so all I ask is for an answer to my question.

tumblr_mttkub5CDa1s9a1zuo3_500.gif

My Origin ID: AmeliaVampiric
My Sim Showcase: AmeliaVampiric Sims

Comments

• Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I am honestly not sure, I have the same problem myself. I wish I could help.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    AmeliaVampiricAmeliaVampiric Posts: 180 Member
    I'm so sorry that is happening to you too @Pipersfun2 Don't worry about not having an answer I'm hoping one kind soul can help us out!

tumblr_mttkub5CDa1s9a1zuo3_500.gif

My Origin ID: AmeliaVampiric
    My Sim Showcase: AmeliaVampiric Sims
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I'm so sorry that is happening to you too @Pipersfun2 Don't worry about not having an answer I'm hoping one kind soul can help us out!

@AmeliaVampiric thank you sweetie.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Could you try removing the sim from the gallery, then reupload the sim from your library to the community section of the gallery again and test to see if the issue remains.
    If it remains, bring the version of your sim that is in your library into CAS, then save it again to your library and the comminity section of the gallery.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Do you have any tags on the sim that might be considered offensive?
  • Options
    kass17kass17 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2019
    I know that it is an old subject, but I am very concerned about this problem. I and other creators upload sims, and many are reported for no valid reason. Reuploading my sims after each false report is not easy to do. Please, is it possible make the falsely flagged creations visible in the gallery again after a quick review/verdict from Maxis? This has even happened to creators that have respectfully earned a Maxis favorite and that is truly unfair gallery play. The only motive is to hide these great creations. I ask that after a review that the "flag" be cleared so all can see the creation again. Thank you.
    I have screenshots of my Maxis fav before and after checking the box.
    FeCWp5V.png
    oaeKIEA.png
    Post edited by kass17 on
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    I hope attention to this issue will be given again. Thank you @AmeliaVampiric for bringing this up long ago. Thanks also to @kass17 for giving it new voice. It is a concerning issue. I am in favor of the need to report inappropriate gallery creations of course. However, random & false reporting is not fair & should be corrected. I realize that reviewing every flagged creation is a huge job so maybe you can at least start with your Maxis curated creations. There is no reason any of these creations should be flagged and hidden in the gallery yet all of mine are as well. I am proud & honored to receive a Maxis fave and also very disappointed that someone chose to unfairly & falsely report every single one. There must be a way for gurus or gallery moderators to deactivate the false report after a review. Please look into this process and fix it if possible. Thank you & happy simming always :)

I decided to do a before checking the "hide reported content" box and after image also focusing on my Maxis faved creations ~
    Before
    [img][/img]TmU2G0r.jpg
    After
    [img][/img]nZhI8Dq.jpg
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I hate sharing my sims through the gallery, not sure why but there is always something wrong happening to me. Most of the time the game flags my families/sims as if they were using CC, but i never download any CC in Sims 4.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You know what, I wonder if one of the people who reuploaded your Sim reported yours and got it removed.
  • Options
    kass17kass17 Posts: 92 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: Β»
    You know what, I wonder if one of the people who reuploaded your Sim reported yours and got it removed.

It is a possibility. But there are other reasons, as I said in my comment above.
  • Options
    Good insight @Chazzzy thank you :)

Also @Karon I do not know the why of your issue however I do know the fix. You are speaking of the "custom content" flag though, not the "hide reported content". Basically if you actually play the sims you create first and at some later date decide to share them to the gallery you will get the cc wrench or flag on it. Played sims get flagged as cc. I don't know why but to fix that you have to first move them all out of the current house using the "manage households" (the truck icon). Move them to a new home then take them into CAS through the manage households edit (the pencil icon) and re-save them to your "my library". You should not get the cc flag if you've saved the household this way. Good luck!

Circling back around to the subject of this post I think the majority of gallery creators would very much appreciate a final verdict from Maxis on each reported creation. In my opinion while this reporting flag is very necessary, it is also being overused and abused now. Please follow through with the reporting process and actually review, then clear or deactivate the report so the majority of the creations unfairly hidden can be seen by the whole gallery again. Thank you ~
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    LukasCreatesSimsLukasCreatesSims Posts: 75 Member
    Fully support!!! my maxis fav's are reported too! and some of my recents! and many others have been too. It's not fair nor right!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I have a sim who is a character from a medical game and his last name is a legit English name in the English version (usually a first name though); but the game doesn't recognize the full name for some odd reason and only a few letters so they marked some as inappropriate and had to change all the names of the household to the Japanese version instead to be able to upload them in gallery. Similar to a sim whose name is actually Japanese but I guess they thought it was a curse word even though it was not?

There are some odd things happening in the gallery at times because I think they see things as inappropriate for no real reason (computers are not always perfect when it comes to this as they can't recognize everything). Tags might of been falsely marked as well.
  • Options
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    Good insight @Chazzzy thank you :)

Also @Karon I do not know the why of your issue however I do know the fix. You are speaking of the "custom content" flag though, not the "hide reported content". Basically if you actually play the sims you create first and at some later date decide to share them to the gallery you will get the cc wrench or flag on it. Played sims get flagged as cc. I don't know why but to fix that you have to first move them all out of the current house using the "manage households" (the truck icon). Move them to a new home then take them into CAS through the manage households edit (the pencil icon) and re-save them to your "my library". You should not get the cc flag if you've saved the household this way. Good luck!

Circling back around to the subject of this post I think the majority of gallery creators would very much appreciate a final verdict from Maxis on each reported creation. In my opinion while this reporting flag is very necessary, it is also being overused and abused now. Please follow through with the reporting process and actually review, then clear or deactivate the report so the majority of the creations unfairly hidden can be seen by the whole gallery again. Thank you ~

@GLovely1 thanks for the tips. <3
  • Options
    XxAirixX wrote: Β»
    I have a sim who is a character from a medical game and his last name is a legit English name in the English version (usually a first name though); but the game doesn't recognize the full name for some odd reason and only a few letters so they marked some as inappropriate and had to change all the names of the household to the Japanese version instead to be able to upload them in gallery. Similar to a sim whose name is actually Japanese but I guess they thought it was a curse word even though it was not?

There are some odd things happening in the gallery at times because I think they see things as inappropriate for no real reason (computers are not always perfect when it comes to this as they can't recognize everything). Tags might of been falsely marked as well.

The name problem is why Katrina Caliente was named N'i'g'h'a't Caliente in SIms 2, but then they changed it. Her old name saound a lot with the "N" word. I doesn't need to be an offense, but if its resembles one, the game flags you sim as inappropriate.
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    It probably would be a giant effort to analyze all reported content, but perhaps Maxis could at least have an "Open dispute" link somewhere in the gallery where people with reported content could ask them to review a reported item.
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    edited September 2019
    Guess what? I had a gallery item reported too! And take a look at it:

d7bc0a980c6cdfdab500665781e4890f.jpg

Is it inappropriate or what? :D
    By the way lots of other 'Garfields' are reported too!
  • Options
    NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    I'm not sure if this is the place to mention this, but I noticed that my Maxis faved pair of sims' (they were for a @GLovely1 's QCC) number of downloads suddenly dropped to single digits (before there were at least 100 a day.) It took me a few days to check, but they've apparently been falsely flagged. In the last couple of years, has this issue been addressed? I'd just like to know if there's someone I can contact, they'll be unflagged eventually, or if I'm out of luck. πŸ˜•
  • Options
    @NeoFelis22 .. I know I've seen more discussions about this on other social media platforms. I also thought there was an official report over on the EA Help Website (linked). I did a quick search there but couldn't find this topic according to how I was searching anyway.

Maybe, as I said above, EA could begin with the reported Maxis Fav'd creations. Obviously, if Maxis fav's the creation, there is no offensive content or any other reason for that creation to be flag reported.

I remain hopeful for a fix to this concern πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    Thank you for answering. πŸ’› It makes no sense to me either. And there have been a lot of Maxis Faves flagged from the look of it. I hope that Maxis does address this, hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Guess what? I had a gallery item reported too! And take a look at it:

d7bc0a980c6cdfdab500665781e4890f.jpg

Is it inappropriate or what? :D
    By the way lots of other 'Garfields' are reported too!

It is quite possibly a Copyright violation.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/