Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The patch is out!!!

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @jennlynh hope it is! Should be easy to see by placing some stairs somewhere :D
    @Jonathan777 thank you <3 love the dad too! You can download him (well, and the rest of his family but you can always delete those) here if you like (although still in their old attire I think :D):
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm not installing it until mods are fixed but I love that they hopefully did actually fix this...
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    "Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed."

Finally :joy:

I usually just spend time remodeling between patch and mod updates. I'll be playing with the new stairs a lot. Might practice building some towers that will hold the new congurable stairs in a 4x4 square and see how they work.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2019
    Has anyone been having weird issues with support posts for porches and balconies? They seem want to stay XD short, even though I have a maxed roof line, and then miraculously, if I play around with them for a few seconds, they become tall again and stay tall. >.> And If there's a way to extend the landings on the new staircases from two tiles to three or four, could someone plz tell me how it's done? I couldn't seem move them that way. If it's not an option, that's fine too XD I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong. And No I uninstalled all of my Mods because several of them hadn't been updated in ages. >.> So... The column thing lol is a little weird.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    So many BAD changes to the UI yet again, I could not even play the game. EA, you;ve gone too far this time. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

...what changes to the UI?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    So...what in the game is broken this time?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

A bunch of third party mods, but otherwise I haven't seen anything major that's broken.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    jennlynh wrote: »
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > @jennlynh did you try quitting Origin completely and singing back in? Sometimes that can fix the issue :/
    > _________________________
    >
    >
    > Also, a long while ago, I uploaded the Shadids to the gallery. I think the update suits them well :D
    > (Image)

Yeah tried signing out and back in, for some reason it's still not there. Wonder if different time zones are getting it at different times.

Not sure I'm in central and mine updated, hope it fixes for you
  • Options
    jennlynh wrote: »
    Aha...

If you find that's the case and you're concerned about your mods, I'd check this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965672/broken-updated-mods-cc-sept-19-stairs-rom-patch/p1

It's a great way to see what the status is of various mods and cc after a patch.

Thank you! That is what happened, it automatically updated it. Whew, glad it wasn't a huge problem! Thank you for your help :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options

A bunch of third party mods, but otherwise I haven't seen anything major that's broken.

I already got mods covered, I just want updates on what this patch broke in-game. I'd rather not have to add another mod to fix what they broke in their own game.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i haven't seen anything broken yet, though i haven't done terribly much other than edit a few townies to get some of the new clothing, spend entirely too much time playing around with stairs and then hopping over to a merman to have him celebrate love day with his ghost girlfriend
  • Options
    The only issue I've had, so far, has been the columns, but I might be one of the only ones without Mods that is having the issue.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I have had to play around with dragging the columns from one place to another to get them to go tall size.
    SKoyg4q.pngbMPdU2K.png
    Happens every time I start to place one too.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I was trying to build and had to leave the game to find out about columns. There is something wrong with columns. I was using short walls and the columns stick trough the second floor. No mods are in my game right now. I was putting a room that hangs out over a deck that is 3 tiles. The room is 5 tiles. It needs support. I spent 5 hours building a lighthouse in the water messing with the new stairs. Was building a house on the shore part of the lot before I noticed the column problem.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Why not spiral or curved stairs though? This new patch pretty much confirms we will never see them in s4
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    So uh, columns are currently a little broken as they seem to only want to be medium height even if that means not being tall enough or too tall.

If you're using More CAS Columns, you'll need to update it. If you're not using it, then I don't know. :p

I meant in build mode.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Columns in my game are apparently stuck on Medium height walls. Didn't notice when I was playing in build mode with the stairs, but I noticed later in play.

So far, that's the only issue I've noticed.
  • Options
    try making them attach to a wall and move them away from the wall. That's what I've had to do. I had to play with my columns to get them to go tall.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wow, I haven't updated my game yet, but this update sounds incredible!

Oh wow wow wow! I just ran my game, and it was all I could hope for! The vampire bug seems to be truly fixed, even for my existing Sim! The skin detail issue is fixed! The new CC items are fabulous! Thank you EA!!!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Why not spiral or curved stairs though? This new patch pretty much confirms we will never see them in s4

Clearly making anything curved or circular is too hard for Sims 4.
  • Options

So uh, columns are currently a little broken as they seem to only want to be medium height even if that means not being tall enough or too tall.

If you're using More CAS Columns, you'll need to update it. If you're not using it, then I don't know. :p

Doh, wrong columns. Disregard. :D
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    They didn't even fix the tripod for the Moschino stuff pack. When I went to take a picture, none of the the options worked suddenly (it did for like a few than it just stopped working). I tried stopping the pictures by clicking on the x and that didn't even do anything.

This is the least they do. I had to force my computer to shut the game down because I couldn't even save or exit as that wasn't working or doing anything.

Not happy at the moment as this is actually a game play issue and they ignored it. These bugs should at least be #1 priority. I regret updating the game now; but had to if I want new game packs like Realm of Magic.

Still no story progression, attraction system, firefighters, etc...I was hoping for at least one of those NPC or new career for the fifth anniversary.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I am satisfied with the large list of bug fixes.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    reiureya wrote: »
    The only issue I've had, so far, has been the columns, but I might be one of the only ones without Mods that is having the issue.

No, I don't use mod or CC and I have the issue. There's a workaround. From SimGuruNick: "Having issues with column heights always being Medium height? Draw a free-standing wall on your lot and it should snap all the columns on your lot back to being the proper height. Thanks for all the reports everyone, our team is investigating."
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ronhronh Posts: 12 New Member
    STAIRS! I'm so happy to see this new tool. I'll check out the other additions later but I've already played with a dozen or so stair configs. This will save literally hours in trying to "tweak" a set of stairs and a room for Ls & Us.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    iBZv8J0.png

Am I the only one getting weird neck-to-skin texture issues while wearing this new blazer from this patch? It's subtle but easy to notice in CAS.

And when translated onto a feminine frame...

4zOHgOL.png

oof...yikes