Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - September

Comments

• Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    It would be nice if they had sound. :#
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I have to admit that I am not a fan of the gnomes. Those things annoyed me so much in Sims 3.

They're pretty innocuous in Sims 4 unless you use the Holiday Gnomes tradition (Seasons) -- one experience and I turned them off (though if I do another gardening Sim getting all those free seeds can be helpful).

Yeah, some saves I leave it on until I get the forever seed glitch where they don't stop giving seeds after the holiday... you end up with these spirals of seed packs. But only if one of my sims is supposed to be into gardening.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    also really love the gnome table I am going to use it everywhere its so cute
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lsprad72lsprad72 Posts: 5 New Member
    All these Supernatural packs. I am all for everyone to get what they want but I see so many people wanting University. Why do they keep ignoring us. I play Sims to mimic real life. There are no Aliens, Vampires, Witches, Mermaids. I only got Vampires when they went on sale and I got it for 4.99. I won't be getting Realm of Magic until it is $4.99. Or I see something in build mode. I love I got Island Living because I like the beach. I don't create or play with Mermaids. I will not play with the witches. They have had back to back supernatural packs. Strangerville, Mermaids and now witches. Come on! I mean I love me the Twilight movies but I know that is a fiction story. It is not real. Am I the only one who plays Sims 4 as a normal life game?
    I am not a builder so I don't care about the stairs. They are unique. If I were a builder I would love them.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    lsprad72 wrote: »
    All these Supernatural packs. I am all for everyone to get what they want but I see so many people wanting University. Why do they keep ignoring us. I play Sims to mimic real life. There are no Aliens, Vampires, Witches, Mermaids. I only got Vampires when they went on sale and I got it for 4.99. I won't be getting Realm of Magic until it is $4.99. Or I see something in build mode. I love I got Island Living because I like the beach. I don't create or play with Mermaids. I will not play with the witches. They have had back to back supernatural packs. Strangerville, Mermaids and now witches. Come on! I mean I love me the Twilight movies but I know that is a fiction story. It is not real. Am I the only one who plays Sims 4 as a normal life game?
    I am not a builder so I don't care about the stairs. They are unique. If I were a builder I would love them.

There was nothing supernatural in the Maxis Monthly though. The RoM pack is the second supernatural pack in 5 years, Aliens and Mermaids were both part of general non-supernatural packs.
    You're not the only one playing a non-occult game but there are many who did and do want to have supernatural elements to their game.
  • Options
    Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    So happy lovin’ the stairs and build & buy items. Awesome!
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Look forward to build with the new stairs.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Wow!! Those stairs, they are amazing. Very glad that they added a hijab, that saves me some CC :)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    How about that gnome table, eh?
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member

The gnome table is cool but the big table with the tablecloth is even better.
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »

The gnome table is cool but the big table with the tablecloth is even better.

Yes, I like that one too. :) I didn't get as good a look at it, though. Definitely looking forward to seeing them both in game on Thursday.
  • Options
    adele_kat wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    Wait... What? Did they just introduce a* religion into the game? :(
    Since when is clothing and architecture religion? Calm down.

The hijab is not just clothes, it's part of religion!
    If they have added a piece of Islamic religion, then they have to add something Christian! For example, nun clothing.
    Why though? It's not like a lot of Christians go around in nun clothing (or whatever they're called). Seems like you're just having issues with muslims. Get over it, it's not about you.

I am for justice. Developers have always said that religions are very controversial, so they did not want to add anything religious, but if they decided to add something from one religion, then add something from another as well.
    Many Christians wear crosses around their necks, it will be fair if we receive them.
    Something specific like a cross is WAY different than cultural clothing, which is what this is, just cultural clothing. It's nothing in your face or specifically religious. Just as certain clothing items can be worn by christians in the game, but it's nothing specific. You're being WAY too sensitive about it.

Again, the hijab is not just "cultural clothing", it's part of religion! Muslim women are obliged to wear it, whether they like it or not. It's not some fashion thing, it's part of religion.

The Sims have a very large base of players. Some of them wear hijabi by choice. In the game you can chose to use the item or not, freely. Until today several women who I talk with daily could not make a simself without CC. You can always rule in your own sims-universe. You decide on what they wear.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2019

I find that table gnome offensive in showcasing that gnomes are slaves in some manner to be enslaved and used as a pedestal for sims to put their beverages and food on. :# #justiceforgnomes
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FabulouspearlFabulouspearl Posts: 2 New Member
    If you don't want it in your game, just don't use it! Stop with the "me too" or "what about this"...Just look the other way like with the other culture hating people. Simple.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

I find that table gnome offensive in showcasing that gnomes are slaves in some manner to be enslaved and used as a pedestal for sims to put their beverages and food on. :# #justiceforgnomes

Sounds like the seed is being planted for a gnome uprising. (It's all becoming clear now!)
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2019
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things on topic. Discussing politics or religion is against the forum rules just like EA_Mai has explained in this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17227776#Comment_17227776

~EA_Joz
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    Wait... What? Did they just introduce a* religion into the game? :(
    Since when is clothing and architecture religion? Calm down.

The hijab is not just clothes, it's part of religion!
    If they have added a piece of Islamic religion, then they have to add something Christian! For example, nun clothing.
    Why though? It's not like a lot of Christians go around in nun clothing (or whatever they're called). Seems like you're just having issues with muslims. Get over it, it's not about you.

I am for justice. Developers have always said that religions are very controversial, so they did not want to add anything religious, but if they decided to add something from one religion, then add something from another as well.
    Many Christians wear crosses around their necks, it will be fair if we receive them.
    Something specific like a cross is WAY different than cultural clothing, which is what this is, just cultural clothing. It's nothing in your face or specifically religious. Just as certain clothing items can be worn by christians in the game, but it's nothing specific. You're being WAY too sensitive about it.

Again, the hijab is not just "cultural clothing", it's part of religion! Muslim women are obliged to wear it, whether they like it or not. It's not some fashion thing, it's part of religion.

The Sims have a very large base of players. Some of them wear hijabi by choice. In the game you can chose to use the item or not, freely. Until today several women who I talk with daily could not make a simself without CC. You can always rule in your own sims-universe. You decide on what they wear.

Okay, and my choice is to wear a cross around my neck, it's part of my religion, but the development team only offers me an Islamic religion, why?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2019

Sounds like the seed is being planted for a gnome uprising. (It's all becoming clear now!)
    Using gnomes to decorate your LAWNS like some prance about holiday decoration as part of sim culture.

DISGUST. Why is this allowed???? :|

#HOMESFORGNOMES #GNOMEUPRISING

And yes, that gnome pedestal is pretty sweet~
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FabulouspearlFabulouspearl Posts: 2 New Member
    > @EA_Joz said:
    > Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things on topic. Discussing politics or religion is against the forum rules just like EA_Mai has explained in this thread.
    >
    > ~EA_Joz

it doesn't lead to said post. Just a heads up
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Again, there's nothing specifically religious about the content, it's cultural content that can be used in many different ways. Just stop.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Again, there's nothing specifically religious about the content, it's cultural content that can be used in many different ways. Just stop.

Exactly, they didn't add anything religious, just clothes that are more common in certain cultures. Kind of like they did with the day of the dead and other indian-inspired things. No one was offended about that either XD
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Exactly, they didn't add anything religious, just clothes that are more common in certain cultures. Kind of like they did with the day of the dead and other indian-inspired things. No one was offended about that either XD
    Yeah, there are turbans in the game, and nobody is screaming about that. Huh.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah, there are turbans in the game, and nobody is screaming about that. Huh.

Yeah, I do not remember an uprising when Father Winter was added. Or the highly decorated pinetree.