Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5.. What would we like to be different about it.

I don't know if there is another thread about this but what would everyone like to see in Sims 5?
I would like to see-
More realistic looking sims. The ones in sims 3 looked better than the ones in sims 4
Different careers and expansions. It seems that EA just keep re-hashing the same packs throughout all the sims games, seasons, island living, vampires etc.. I would like to see something new added for once instead of the same old stuff, they haven't even made the expansions better than sims 3. In sims 4, the expansions are not half as good and don't seem to have half the game play or items that we got with sims 3.
I would like to see a return on the sims store. I loved that we didn't have to wait for new stuff to buy for our game every three/six months and that we got stuff alot more often.
Back to an open world so we can have cars etc, what is the point in cars if our sims can't really drive them.
More adventures and tomb exploring. Time travel but proper time travel, it was ridiculous that sims could still use cars and mobile phones in the sims 3 medieval world.
Time travel would be good for adventures as we could have more collectables and recipes to find as well as solving clues. EA could capitalise on this by releasing packs from different eras, stone age, Tudor, Wild West, Jack the Ripper London etc..
I would like to see more careers we can interact with like the doctor and police officer careers. I'd like to see a teaching career, a dancer career or even a government scientist career where you can create mayhem and zombies...
I'd like to see more life stages as I feel that the life stages now are too different. I'd like to see maybe baby, toddler, child, tween, teen, young adult, adult, middle age and then old age. The life spans would be longer but alot more realistic then they are now.
Instead of the usual same old worlds they could introduce other worlds like a snow world for our sims to live in or adventure in, houses made of ice and snow or sand pyramid type houses for a hot country.
Just please give us something new instead of bad, second rate rehashes.
Rant over and I thank you...

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    1. Open neighbourhoods for one. If they’re starting from scratch with the intent of TS5 being a PC game (as opposed to the mobile beginnings of TS4) it would be inexcusable not to have developed an engine capable of supporting open neighbourhoods.

2. Fully editable worlds, from shaping the terrain to laying the roads. Essentially I want SimCity’s world creation tools.

3. Deeper, more interactive activities where we control our sims directly during the activity.

4. More realistic sims, both in terms of appearance and personality.

5. Dynamic events and meaningful decisions. I just want things to happen, dynamically, and I want lasting effects as a result.

Start with those and you’ve got my attention. Otherwise, I’m not really all that interested in TS5.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    What I'd like is for it to have its own forum.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Weirdness. The big problem with TS4 is that there is no WEIRDNESS in it anymore. The heart and soul of the game has been sacrificed for laundry and partying. Even our beloved occults have been nerfed!
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I'd like more meaningful relationships. Have memories with your friends, don't get along with everyone and remember things they did to you.

For example, we can already tell someone a secret but what if they didn't keep it? Then you could think about how they betrayed you. Or if you used to hate someone who is now one of your best friends, you could joke about that.

I think it's way too easy to make friends currently. Especially if you have a pristine reputation and the good manners trait...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2019
    1. CAW
    2. Cars
    3. Personalities that actually change the Sims behavior such as a shy Sim wont just jump into convo with a stranger or a family Sim looking at their children with a smile
    4. All life stages no bassinet baby and preteens
    5. Height options for teens-adults short-average-tall
    6. All basic NPCs
    7. Memories
    8. Wants/Fears
    9. Sims having awareness to the world and Sims around them
    10. Open neighborhoods with at least 10 lots and worlds as large as 60 lots+
    11. Color wheel in CAS for hair eyes and clothing
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't want a complete open world as that was just a mess for many players (too many bugs, crashes, etc...); I am fine with wandering around the world and just need loading screens to enter lots. I rather they go back to their roots of what made Sims 2 so great (can't speak for Sims 1 as never played it; but heard some things about it that seemed like it would of been fun.); but with an updated CAS, look, world hoping and building of Sims 4. Like combine Sims 2 and 4, and then I would think about Sims 5. I rather they focus of the gameplay and sims themselves and not how the world looks as that is Sims 3's biggest downfall. The sims felt more like an after thought and seemed so stiff to me compared to Sims 2 and 4, which feel more lively.

All the features people want back is what made Sims 3 so unenjoyable for me, so why pay for any other Sims 3 when it already exists and is my least favorite?

Also need more occults and less realism with more challenging gameplay. Sims 2 being random and challenging was what made it fun. It didn't feel too much like real life (I don't play to just do stuff like laundry and all that. It's boring enough in the real world). People want too much realism and we need to make it more of a balance again.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Burglar
    Firefighter
    Police
    story progression like NRaas
    Open world
    Cars
    natural disasters
    Prank calls that was in the Sims 1
    Height options

The very thought of something like Simcity mixed with sims that would very nice like Dr. Vu Tower. something like SimCity Buildit and Sims I do
    want something like that.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Better personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, moved this to the Speculation and Rumor section.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Definitely deeper personalities. My most played iteration of the sims was the sims2, and I remember the sims feeling so different from each other. As much as I like sims4, I think this area can really be improved upon in future games.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    For me more realism like having a funeral, putting gas in car and car wash. Strollers for babies and toddlers burglars, firemen and police make a comeback the school bus make a come back.
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    What i want is more ways to make money, like my soda bottler factory idea i been trying to get noticed. In fact, i got a lot of ideas i'm trying to get heard.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited August 2019
    A more realistic world and sims, a world I can edit, I don't have to have open world but I'd like the sections to be bigger and the worlds much larger. I'd like it to be more sandbox, don't tell me what I HAVE to do or have on my lots. Create you own townies, no more creatures. Be able to set what kind of clothing you want them to wear at the venues. Cars, color wheel, and be able to control pets, and please, stop with the festivals, it's ok the first time you do it, but then it's been there done that. I'd like to be able to set skill levels where I want without a mod also career levels. Doing the same thing over and over for skills is repetitive and boring. I would love all the great content I had in sims3, actually I'd like to be able to do the things I could do in sims3. No silly oversized objects, I would like the game geared more for adults since most of us are.
  • Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Basically sims 2 but with open worlds and better graphics would work for me.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • Options
    SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    1. Open World. It's not an option in 2019.
    I want my neighborhoods to be alive with sims gardening or lounging in their gardens and with districts inside of each neighborhoods

2. A complete, realistic base game with cars, pools, grocery stores, clothes shops, basically sims 2 upgraded

3. Gameplay depth

4. Better sims with realistic reactions

5. Real babies, pre-teens and real teenagers

Sims 4 was a poor installment. It's a well known fact now and Maxis knows it. Sims 4 is the worst of the franchise. The studio needs to learn from this huge mistake that was this game. I play it because yes it runs better than Sims 3 but it was a poor installment. Small and very limited in terms of gameplay.

They need to return to the basics of what made the sims great and take the best of all previous installments to make something great and worthy. Otherwise, the franchise is doomed. Island living was a disaster in terms of gameplay and missed opportunities. Terrible, really.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited August 2019
    What I would like to see in Sims 5:

-CAW tool. I liked this in Sims 2,and I think it should be put back in Sims 5.

-Color Wheel. It's really fun customizing your pets,but I'd love to be able to have the option to use a color wheel on Build/Buy items in Sims 5. Most of the BB items in Sims 4 are just in blacks,greys,whites and browns,which is VERY boring to me.

-An emotion/trait system that actaully WORKS. In Sims 4,these barely work right....my Sim Springtrap is supposed to be evil and conniving-he's not supposed to be going around helping Good Sims or becoming BFFs with every Sim in town. Another Sim(Ruth) is supposed to be a bookworm-she's not supposed to be playing on the computer or "Trolling Teh Forums".

-A Pets EP that has cats,dogs,birds and other kinds of pets. Cats and Dogs is good,but I prefer to have a variety of pets,like Sims 1 had.

-Worlds that actaully have more than 4 or 5 measly lots. We need worlds that have at least 11-17 lots,like the Sims 1 worlds always did.

-Home schooling. I've always wanted to home school my Sim kids and not always have to worry about them missing the bus or struggle with grades.

-A retail system that actaully makes sense. Sims 1 and Sims 2 actaully let people check out at the cash register; Sims 4 forces you to use a silly little tablet to ring customers up. Really,what store uses a tablet to let people check out?

-The ability to build our own apartments anywhere we want.

-Toddlers,pools,ghosts and basements should be included in the Sims 5 base game.

-Sims 5 should have teens,young adults,adults and elders that look and act lik they're supposed to. This means having teens who are shorter than adults,letting different age group wear age-specific clothing,etc.

-Community lots that are lively and don't need a silly and pointless checklist to make them work.If I want to have a lounge and a gym on the very same lot,then I should be able to do so. The Community/Generic lots should work just like the Sims 1 Community lots. No more pointless lot restrictions,EA!

-Lots with no pointless/annoying decoration buildings plunked all around. The Windenburg Island and Forgotten Hollow were steps in the right direction-let's hope EA implements this into Sims 5.

-The ability to rename our worlds. Renaming lots is pretty enjoyable,but Sims 5 should also let us be able to re-name the worlds.

-No having every single Sim sing in the shower! This is pointless and annoying!

-The return of newspapers and landlines.

-Sims 5 should be marketed to ALL age groups,not just young adults. Sims 1,2, and 3 were marketed to all ages,so why is Sims 4 constanly being marketed to young adults?

-A base game that has a variety of different venues to go to. Nightclubs and lounges ae just different versions of bars..we should be able to have venues that are different from one another(like game arcades,laundromats,diners,movie theaters,etc).

-A customizable horoscope system. I want to be able to create wild and crazy Capricorns, shy adn soft-spoken Leos, serious and old-fashioned Tauruses,etc.

-No more endless spawning of random EA townies or totally pointless single child households. Sims 5 should let us fill the towns with our own NPCs.

-No more "EA creates,EA controls,EA rules" attitude. Sims 5 should stick to the promise of "YOU rule,YOU ccreate,YOU control."

Post edited by Lady_Ballora on
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    MikeytMikeyt Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2019
    Basically, I want the Sims 5 to be a merge of The Sims 2 & The Sims 3. This includes:-

1. Actual personality's. Bring back wants, fears, memories, chemistry. If traits are to be included, make them relevant and useful. Currently, all the sims are exactly the same.
    2. Less happy-happy more drama-drama. Currently you can have two enemies on a lot, but they are laughing, smiling and having a pleasant conversation. This isn't how enemies should act. Also, more interactions are needed. Whatever happened to the "Confess to cheating" interaction?
    3. ALL life stages must be included from the get-go and each must receive their fair share of content/game play. Currently there is way too much emphasis on Adults
    4. Graphics style can stay as a similar aesthetic.
    5. Must have CAW. Currently there is way too much budget and time being taken creating worlds for us. If they just gave us a CAW tool, they wouldn't have to release a new world with every pack meaning they can better spend their time elsewhere.
    6. No recycling features released in previous packs (i.e photography being included in GTW and then Moschino). It's just cheap, lazy and leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. If they're needed to add additional things in a stuff pack then it means it wasn't done properly in the first instance.
    7. EP's that have as much game play as TS2. It's ridiculous the amount of content we're getting for £40. I made a decision last year to never by any of the packs at full price, and so far I've stuck to that. TS4 packs just aren't worth the money they're being charged at. I remember purchasing TS2 EP's when they were released and having WEEKS or MONTHS of fun with them. Now you've literally done everything after 12 hours gameplay, and that's being generous! Almost all TS4 EP's are world based gameplay which compromises actual game play. EP's should build and add new elements of gameplay (like Seasons or Pets) and not be like City Living, whereby the only real feature is living in apartments. City Living should have instead allowed us to build are own apartments/cities.
    8. Multi-functional community lots. Remember back in TS2 when you could have a retail store and a restaurant all on the same lot? Yeah, you can't now.
    9. Maxis Pre-Mades need to have some character and back story. Just compare Don Lothario in the Sims 2 the Sims 4.
    10. All NPC's need to make a return. This means burglars, firefighters, police, social services, maids, repairmen, gardener, nanny, animal control and butler.
    11. There's just so much more. It basically just needs to be TS2 remastered with elements from TS3.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    When the Sims 5 comes out I hope there is a forum category specifically for The Sims 6 speculation so that people don't discuss the sims 6 on a forum that is supposed to be about the sims 5.
    :#:#:#
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    1. I want to see a CAST system, with a color wheel and patterns for furniture and clothes, stuffed animals etc. I want to be able to separate beds frames from from Bedspread, pick my own colors of curtain etc. I don’t use custom content or mods, and I’m not the best building creator, but I would like to have some creative ability. I purchase all the packs and don’t want to mess around with adding and taking out mods and cc every time there is an update or a new pack. I’m older, and I just want to play a simulation game where I can partially create some of my own furniture and clothes.

2. I want multi-use lots I want to be able to have a retail business in my home. I want to be able to make my own malls with an ice cream shop, arcade, cafe, clothes shop and movie theatre. Tie a bar to an NPC, tie food stalls to an NPC etc. it is crazy to have to pay to open a food stall at a community lot, you should just have to pay for what you buy from it. Tie an NPC to it so you can use it anywhere, like they do the bar on certain lots now.

3. Keep Sims 4 multi-tasking, I like it.

4. Make it where you have to buy each piece of clothes, jewelry, hat, stockings, socks, glasses, etc. make dressers really useful again. It was much more fun when you could go to s clothing store and try on clothes and then buy them off of the rack. The same should happen with all accessories, there should be a jewelry counter, shoe racks to buy off of, a stack of socks, a sunglasses rack, etc. all things we can fill a store with.and if you don’t want to buy at a store well then you could purchase from the catalogue (mirror or computer). I had much more fun when there was a reason to go shopping....if it’s already free, there is no incentive to go buy it. Bring the grocery store back too, with bins you can buy produce from too.

5. Bring back real babies ( untied) where you have a changing table, cute baby clothes, crib, baby swing, baby bouncer, play pen etc., where you can carry your baby around, lay it on a blanket, sit on the couch to feed it, Rock it in a rocking chair, take it out in a buggy.

6. Bring back for adoption children, toddlers and babies that have lost their last care giver in the home, and children that have been taken away by a social worker. Why aren’t they adoptable now?

7. Give us ocean swimming from the beginning so each new world can be made with that in mind.

8. Give us transportation. Buses, cars, subway, taxi’s motor cycles, bikes, trikes, skate boards, and skates.

9. Give us more interactive actions, snuggling in bed, slow dancing, playing footsie at a restaurant, children playing tag, cops and robbers, etc. toddlers playing together, fighting over a bottle.

10. Bring back the attraction system, horoscopes, real meaning to traits, real memories.

11. Make all jobs have the possibility of being full active careers like the ones in get to work. Let us make the persons workplace ourself, just give us requirements like lots now have, let us come to the lot and visit it as we do other community lots too. I hate rabbit holes, I know some like them and that’s fine, make a selection for that too. I know if you have more than one worker in a household, some will need to go as a rabbit hole, but it would be nice if they could take turns and all jobs have to capacity to be fully active careers.

12. I also like the part-time careers, and work at home being options as well. And the system that came with Island living where you could do a mini job for someone.

13. Give us bigger worlds, and small open neighborhoods of at least 5 lots.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I won't have to say much here because others will point out many things I want for TS5.

However, I hope we will be done with slot popping. Please, no more slot popping. What is slot popping you may ask? The Sim doesn't have to get off it's lazy rear end and walk or do much or reach very far or actually touch anything. That is slot popping. Elevators are an example of that on a larger scale. Get the sunblock from a float is an example of that, just click and viola. No.

Not having to actually touch dishes on a table and they magically fly across a short distance into the Sim's hand and then in turn just slot pop them into a bookcase without seeing an actual animation of that (that is slot popping).

Bending down to make a snowball, but the hands don't actually touch the snow or make a ball..slot popping.

Lips not actually touching during a kiss...slot popped a kiss.

Slot Pop items into a magical inventory. Instead of standing up, walking to a pc to order medicine just magically click a pc and Sim gets meds slot popped into the inventory. No.

The lack of animations and more of a browser game format where everything is just clicked and no animation and or just slot popped is cheap and cheap and cheap. And the easiest coding in the world. Cheap.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I don't know if there is another thread about this but what would everyone like to see in Sims 5?
    I would like to see-
    More realistic looking sims. The ones in sims 3 looked better than the ones in sims 4
    Different careers and expansions. It seems that EA just keep re-hashing the same packs throughout all the sims games, seasons, island living, vampires etc.. I would like to see something new added for once instead of the same old stuff, they haven't even made the expansions better than sims 3. In sims 4, the expansions are not half as good and don't seem to have half the game play or items that we got with sims 3.
    I would like to see a return on the sims store. I loved that we didn't have to wait for new stuff to buy for our game every three/six months and that we got stuff alot more often.
    Back to an open world so we can have cars etc, what is the point in cars if our sims can't really drive them.
    More adventures and tomb exploring. Time travel but proper time travel, it was ridiculous that sims could still use cars and mobile phones in the sims 3 medieval world.
    Time travel would be good for adventures as we could have more collectables and recipes to find as well as solving clues. EA could capitalise on this by releasing packs from different eras, stone age, Tudor, Wild West, Jack the Ripper London etc..

I would like to see more careers we can interact with like the doctor and police officer careers. I'd like to see a teaching career, a dancer career or even a government scientist career where you can create mayhem and zombies...
    I'd like to see more life stages as I feel that the life stages now are too different. I'd like to see maybe baby, toddler, child, tween, teen, young adult, adult, middle age and then old age. The life spans would be longer but alot more realistic then they are now.
    Instead of the usual same old worlds they could introduce other worlds like a snow world for our sims to live in or adventure in, houses made of ice and snow or sand pyramid type houses for a hot country.
    Just please give us something new instead of bad, second rate rehashes.
    Rant over and I thank you...

I bolded everything I disagree with. I'm going to say those first.
    • I'd rather not have realistic sims. They're too... real. I don't want the game to feel real at all.
    • The Sims Store just seems pointless to me. So, no, I'd rather not.
    • Open world would make the game super laggy like I've been told Sims 3 was. I'd prefer a loading screen to lag.
    • Adventuring? Hard pass for me. Especially that time travel thing you mentioned. Not my cup of tea.

Now, things I'd like to add on.

I'd love it if The Sims team spent an equal amount of time making realistic and supernatural packs. 30 packs and only 5 total occults (including ROM).

To be continued.

funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    I personally like the design of the Sims in 4 over 3. The more cartoonish design appeals to me. I'd like at least semi-open worlds in that I can go the the house next to mine without a loading screen.

A return emphasis of traits over emotions. The Sims 4 traits were pretty badly designed in favour of emotions that are too easy to manipulate to the point I stopped noticing them. Perhaps a trait system where for every 2 positive traits you take you need to take one negative like the curse in the vampire pack. You could then for example have a Sim who is nice and has a good sense of humour but is hot tempered.

Probably too much to ask for some of the basic things but more interactions for all ages. Sims 2 had a big emphasis on aging and generations which was great. I'd also love some of the quirkiness to return from Sims 1 and somewhat 2.
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    The thing about cartoony/stylized designs over realism is they have a longer shelf life. This is why Nintendo games can look good ten years later where a gritty RPG might look horrifically out of date in just a few years. I think a game like The Sims, where each iteration is setting out to last for years at a time and still be fun to play, benefits from not overcommitting to realism in graphical style.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    DijaliciousDijalicious Posts: 23 Member
    Definitely a return to an open world and I'd really love if some of the things that are usually an expansion pack can be included in the base game. Like seasons... why should that be separate from a life simulation? And this way they would have more room to create new expansions instead of repeating old ones. I also agree with most of what everyone here is saying. Yes to the return of the burglar!!! I remember freaking out every time I heard the sound and saw the little live feed video pop up when the burglar was coming in Sims 1waiting to see what he stole :D
    I really hope the developers are reading this!
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I really would like a rethinking in how some CAS stuff is done. Especially hair. I'd LOVE if hair was split into two parts - first choosing the length and texture and cut, and then choosing the hairstyle for each outfit - with things like length and texture and cut being consistent throughout (unless you check a box or something to indicate you want the sim to wear a wig here).

It'd be neat if we could build hairstyles the way we build faces and houses. A bunch of tools. You choose what shape you want the hair split to be (straight or jagged) and then drag the hair split tool along the head to the length and position you want it so the hair can be split wherever you like. You drag the hairline to shape it and place it where you want. You place braids and ponytails on the head and drag them around to place them where you want, adjusting their size, dragging the hair-tie to closer and farther from the scalp, and picking the hair-ties. Basic tools and then advanced tools. There are a bunch of pre-made hairstyles if you just want something basic, but you can super customize them, and save a hairstyle to re-use later. Or upload it to the gallery for others. Or go onto the gallery and see if anyone else has made a hairstyle you want to use.

IDK. Maybe that would be an optimization nightmare. But I don't see how it would be all that different from the adjustable mesh that is the sims face and body.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.