Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remove Hat (Coat, gloves, shoes, ...) inside

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

It's not polite to wear a hat inside a building, the sims should know that :p .

I still want a feature which allow my sims to remove their shoes and hat when they're at home.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Me too, and gloves as well. I have been after this for a while.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    That’a the reason I don’t like to use hats, they keep them non stop. Same for coats and jackets, my sims are inside with their winter coats and hats.....
  • Options
    If only they could give us a functional coat rack. If you placed it in game, sims would remove hats, coats and shoes when returning home after work, school or a day out, and put the items on when going outside. If you didn't place it, everything would stay the same.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Haven’t seen a mod to remove a hat when inside but I’ve seen one that will automatically remove a Sims’s shoes when inside.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I don't mind the hats that much but removing the coats inside would be good, don't see it happening though since the coats are not a seperate item...
    I usually have two sets of cold outfits for my sims, one with coat (and maybe a hat) and without (like a cozy sweater or something).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Cold/Hot Weather categories already provide outdoor outfits for Winter and Summer.
    Maybe Everyday category could be divided into 2 categories : Indoor and Outdoor clothes.

We could choose what the sims wear under their coat.
  • Options
    petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    Yeahhh, I wish there was an option to remove gloves in the game because it's just weird when my sims wash their hands with gloves on...
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I agree! It would be nice to have options for sims to remove hats, sunglasses, gloves and shoes indoors or whenever else you wish. My sims typically just wear hats for 'outdoor' hot and cold weather outfits, and sunglasses for 'outdoor' hot weather and swimwear. I also like to have at least one 'indoor' hot/cold weather outfit option (e.g. jumper for cold), and swimwear options without sunglasses, so my sims don't look silly or rude when indoors.
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I don't mind the hats that much but removing the coats inside would be good, don't see it happening though since the coats are not a seperate item...
    I usually have two sets of cold outfits for my sims, one with coat (and maybe a hat) and without (like a cozy sweater or something).

I do this too. Most of my sims have 1 or 2 outfits with coats and 1-3 outfits with indoor outfits for cold weather.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I do this too. Most of my sims have 1 or 2 outfits with coats and 1-3 outfits with indoor outfits for cold weather.

I'm going CAS mad these days. My Sims are getting the choice of 3 or 4 outfits in each category. They seem to change their nightclothes frequently!
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

I'm going CAS mad these days. My Sims are getting the choice of 3 or 4 outfits in each category. They seem to change their nightclothes frequently!

I like giving sims multiple outfits in the most used categories.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    What I do is, I copy One of each outfit Category to the Hot and Cold weather Category. and just make hot/cold weather versions of those outfits.
    So cold weather I'll add an overcoat hat, gloves, so when a sim is coming into a building they do change into their everyday. which doesn't have the hat and gloves.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2019
    this. especially with shoes and cold clothing its just so off they dont automatically change out of that padded jacket and muddy boots
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Same about the Athletic clothes, the sims should wear outdoor clothes when they go jogging but an indoor outfit when they do workout in a Gym lot.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    That’a the reason I don’t like to use hats, they keep them non stop. Same for coats and jackets, my sims are inside with their winter coats and hats.....

@Dianesims Did you know... in The Sims 2, they would automatically change back into their everyday outfit when they are wearing winter/outerwear clothing? :)

Although, the hat issue should have been re-introduced by now. I also don't wear shoes around my house. Unless they are specifically in-house sandals, but hey! This is still The Sims 4 after all...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I didn’t because I only played TS2 on console. But In TS3 they would change to everyday clothes as well. My guess is it’s maybe Because In TS3 there was an « Outerwear » category whereas in TS4 it’s « cold weather clothing » so it isn’t understood as outerwear I guess.
    Hestia wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

@Dianesims Did you know... in The Sims 2, they would automatically change back into their everyday outfit when they are wearing winter/outerwear clothing? :)

Although, the hat issue should have been re-introduced by now. I also don't wear shoes around my house. Unless they are specifically in-house sandals, but hey! This is still The Sims 4 after all...

• Options
    StarclockStarclock Posts: 2 New Member
    I do a + outfit whit the same outfit but without hat, gloves, sunglasses. That way i can just change the outfit when go inside where i dont want to use those acc 😊
  • Options
    pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    It would be awesome if the outfits are further categorised into it's real needs, not only its purpose/appropriateness.