Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook is AMAZING for Builders

What I’m really excited about, is judging from the screenshots we’ve seen of Glimmerbrook (not the hidden world) it looks to be a simple world with water and fauna.

Apart from the Portal itself, this world looks like a world builders have been asking for since 2014!

There doesn’t seem to be any decor houses and the world seems pretty neutral which means builders have free capacity to build however they want without the decor houses clashing with the other builds.

What are your thoughts builders?

I think this is pretty much the only Sims 4 world where there aren’t any decor houses floating about except for Windenburg Island and the Residential area of Strangerville.

I’m hoping EA will start adding at least one or two neighbourhoods per world where there aren’t so many decor houses heavily influencing what kind of builds work.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I agree.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I agree. I am excited to see the lots and their surrounding views, but it definitely looks like things are spaced out with distance between the houses.

I may go in game to granite falls and use a lot there to build my witch's cottage.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited August 2019
    edited: never mind.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I'm excited as a non occult player to use it for decades challenges. I'm tired of seeing skyscrapers in the background of my 1890s farmhouses. Lol.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,990 Member
    edited August 2019
    i really hope there aint fx houses like it seems in screens
    if they kept it clear its pretty much perfect world for me to move my sims in
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Definitely agree.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Totally agree, and I also hope that there will be more neighborhoods like that in the future!
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Agree! Really want to know the lot sizes, especially the larger ones.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    YES!!! Even if my dear island in Windenburg is broken, there are random sims walking everywhere, it is still one of my favorite places to live. Just because I can make it into anything I want.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing this world up close. I've been wanting a world area that appears more rural.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2019
    Forgotten Hollow doesn't have any random background buildings either!

But honestly I don't really pay attention to the buildings in the background when I build; they don't influence my builds at all. It's worse when I'm actually playing there, and trying to do something historical, while the scenery is all wrong.
    YES!!! Even if my dear island in Windenburg is broken, there are random sims walking everywhere, it is still one of my favorite places to live. Just because I can make it into anything I want.

Yeah, I don't know why the island would have so many random sims walking around. Kinda breaks the immersion when I'm trying to play a literal viking farm there, off the grid and everything. It's like, who are all these timetravelers? Go away.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I might go in and edit some houses or create my own. I am really loving those stained glass windows I saw in some pictures. The build mode items are going to be gorgeous. I want to make a Gothic cathedral for my sims to get married in. The world itself looks lovely as well.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2019
    Agreed.

can't wait B)

The new pack looks great, even better than vamps B)

Can't wait to build with it, and play :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Any time I get a new set I move in a sim into the place (and build a new sim in CAS) I'm more into the gothic atmosphere of Realm but I'll build a house in Glimmer and maybe a bar.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    gemchiaragemchiara Posts: 97 Member
    I agree! Very excited! It's what I loved the most about the Sims 2 was building neighbourhoods from the ground up, and while I loved filling Newcrest, it was difficult to adapt to the surrounding builds etc and find something that didn't clash terribly! So Glimmerbrook looks great! Also excited to see what the build pack will include for the Realm of Magic pack as I'm sure there must be some fun storybook windows and doors!!!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I’m excited I stared at the neighborhood for several minutes to determine how big two of the visible lots were
    I want to say the one on the upper right is 40x40 which is perfect for one of the builds I wanted to put there
    And the other one is hard to say. It’s probably 40x30 or 30x30

But it does look great, and seems I can do anything with it. I just hope it doesn’t get plagued with rinks, and stalls that seasons brought.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited August 2019
    My typical complaint as always is just that I wish there were more lots. But it's about what I expected.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I just hope there is one 40x30 lot I can build on. I already have my witches cottage ready to go. Can't wait for this world. I do hope it is generic so we can build whatever we want. Either way I am putting my witch cottage there if the lots are big enough.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I just hope there is one 40x30 lot I can build on. I already have my witches cottage ready to go. Can't wait for this world. I do hope it is generic so we can build whatever we want. Either way I am putting my witch cottage there if the lots are big enough.

Yeah, I'm super curious what size lots we'll get. I'm hoping for a tiny lot hidden away somewhere. I was hoping to make a little village but I'm not sure if 5 lots will be enough. It could be if though if you can fit a couple of tiny builds on single lots. Just might be little tricky to work out household situations.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Are there more pics out there of glimmer brook? I’ve only seen the one where it’s just all trees kind of from an aerial view and the up close pic of a waterfall. Hard to see how nice it is.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    So far, the aerial view and the glimpse of the uninhabited area with the portal you can see at the start of the trailer is all we have. I suspect we'll see more of the world in the gameplay livestream.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    Glimmerbrook is a good place to place down a campground on the one empty lot it has.
  • Options
    So far, the aerial view and the glimpse of the uninhabited area with the portal you can see at the start of the trailer is all we have. I suspect we'll see more of the world in the gameplay livestream.
    Okay, thanks. Personally I can’t see how nice it is but i gotta admit I like how far the lots are spaced on the map. I see witches being territorial. Well I hope all 5 lots are spaced out. Looking fwd to seeing more.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Glimmerbrook is a good place to place down a campground on the one empty lot it has.

Also a retail lot, an apothecary, selling, potions and things. I have one on the island in Windenburg. Think I want to move it to Glimmer brook.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, I'm so excited to build there!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.