Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook is AMAZING for Builders

Comments

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yup, that would do it. They're not bright pink in the image so they can easily be seen as grey.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It will be so nice not to have to premade my forests for my lots. I have chosen two empty lots on both sided of one of my household lot for tall trees to make it "look like a forest". I have it in my Willow Creek, Newcrest, Winderburg & Brindleton Bay. I premade some of Oasis Springs with palm trees and jungle trees in some of the empty lots around my household lot. Glimmerbrook is going to be a nice change. And won't need trees @ all.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    My typical complaint as always is just that I wish there were more lots. But it's about what I expected.

My complaint is that and I hate static lots and static neighborhoods, however it is what it is.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @Oldeseadogge two pink blobs above the house in the middle of the pic.

And yeah, waiting is what we've got. Speculation in the meantime is fun though!

On that note, my snooping brought me to this fan-made possible map that connects all the worlds. Glimmerbrook would fit nicely into the mountains above Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow on that one:
    fanmademap.jpg

(that said, I do think that Selvadorada is further away from everything else)

And apologies for the off-topic tangent, please return to your regular scheduled programming of: this world has no background FX buildings, that alone is going to be great :D

oh wow this is lovely! where did you get the map? i.e. the source?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    @Oldeseadogge two pink blobs above the house in the middle of the pic.

And yeah, waiting is what we've got. Speculation in the meantime is fun though!

On that note, my snooping brought me to this fan-made possible map that connects all the worlds. Glimmerbrook would fit nicely into the mountains above Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow on that one:
    fanmademap.jpg

(that said, I do think that Selvadorada is further away from everything else)

And apologies for the off-topic tangent, please return to your regular scheduled programming of: this world has no background FX buildings, that alone is going to be great :D

oh wow this is lovely! where did you get the map? i.e. the source?

Oh whoops, my bad. I swear I'm normally better about sourcing things. The map comes from stellar_roses on Instagram and the post can be found here.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I think the new world looks a bit boring. Pretty, but boring.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it looks a lot like GF, and just a bit isolated; I'd rather somewhere a bit more lively.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Agree with you on that. In such books with magic in them I've read the magical places are within the world the story is set in - a deeper part of the forest, that old castle that's been there since the earth cooled, or even the world itself but only a few folks are sensitive to it. The out in space on some chunks of exploded asteroid are not what was expecting.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I think the rural setting is perfect for magical folk. Quite and secluded. Where spellcasters can gather and practice their craft.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019
    (Double post, please delete)
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I love the forest world, it adds the fairytale element that the Magic Realm world is missing. That way we have both an urban fantasy environment and a more traditional environment
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I'll take the traditional. Would be interesting to see if the lots in the urban fantasy can be put into the forest.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I love the forest world, it adds the fairytale element that the Magic Realm world is missing. That way we have both an urban fantasy environment and a more traditional environment

Yes! This is a great mix :)

I am just collecting all the WoW- and Dragon Age-CC that I can find and that will go one the households in Glimmer. I can still access that urban fantasy-area and do great stories there so really this is perfect for me. So excited!
  • Options
    CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    Yet another good reason to look forward. :)
    6qrDi11.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was always disappointed Granite Falls was restricted to being a vacation destination even though I cheated ways so my Sims were able to own a second home there. That world is so pretty and I wanted a world like it where my Sims could live year-round. So I am quite excited that is going to be possible now. Since I am a rotational player, installing Cats and Dogs has made that a bit of a hassle since our pets don't take care of their own needs unless the households with pets are played every few Sim days. Having a smaller residential world will make rotational play a lot easier for me. Add in all the forests and gorgeous scenery and I know I will enjoy Glimmerbrook even if I never delve into the magic in this pack. If this pack turn out to be as entertaining as Makin' Magic was, I might create a save to play around with magic. But we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

Seeing as there are five lots, I am going to create two familes, a couple and a loner then add a farmer's market venue on the fifth lot where my farmer family can sell their produce and the locals can gather and socialize. I have a lot of boho CC and am leaning towards having that theme carried out across the world just to give it a timeless yet distinctive vibe. Very colorful and very laid back. And I can see many possibilities to create different lifestyles because this world is flexible enough to fit many different themes such as survivalists living 0ff-the-grid, a farming community set in the late 1800s, to a town filled with artists, writers and photographers. Glimmerbrook is going to become one of my favorite worlds because it has the ability to be whatever I can imagine without a bunch of fx buildings in the background. Adding Glimmerbrook to this game pack was a nice touch since I wasn't at all interested in this pack, or buying it when it was announced. But the idea of having a totally new residential world that can easily be customized to fit many different themes, is just too good to pass up.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    @Paigeisin5 so exciting to read about all your plans for Glimmerbrook. Love all of your ideas. I think if GF were habitable it would be my favorite world so I'm super excited to move my sim and explore all the nooks and crannies in GB.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't agree. I can do this on the island in WB. (No ugly backdrops) but I was hoping that town with the shops was where we could build homes for our Sims. Have our own small bussling little town. :( You know a Harry Potter story sort of . I don't mean to repeat myself today, but the land looks exactly like OR to me, not interested in playing in a world that already reminds me of of OR too much, way too much. I love the openess of WB I really do, and it is my favorite 'world' after seeing all the ones in packs I don't have. Remote houses in another world that is supposed to be about magic and mayhem I presume, doesn't actually make sense to me. It would have made more sense to me to have some mayhem in the town with all the shops, and my Sims right in the middle of it. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't agree. I can do this on the island in WB. (No ugly backdrops) but I was hoping that town with the shops was where we could build homes for our Sims. Have our own small bussling little town. :( You know a Harry Potter story sort of . I don't mean to repeat myself today, but the land looks exactly like OR to me, not interested in playing in a world that already reminds me of of OR too much, way too much. I love the openess of WB I really do, and it is my favorite 'world' after seeing all the ones in packs I don't have. Remote houses in another world that is supposed to be about magic and mayhem I presume, doesn't actually make sense to me. It would have made more sense to me to have some mayhem in the town with all the shops, and my Sims right in the middle of it. lol

While I don't agree with you on glimmerbrook (my sim will move there next week and enjoy living in a quiet forest) you have a point about the magic world. It would be so cool if we could live there. That would have been a truly unique setting to live. And just think of the possibilities of shops and other community lots we could have created for that place.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

While I don't agree with you on glimmerbrook (my sim will move there next week and enjoy living in a quiet forest) you have a point about the magic world. It would be so cool if we could live there. That would have been a truly unique setting to live. And just think of the possibilities of shops and other community lots we could have created for that place.

Yep, I had a building in my game I created from OR herbs, potions and bugs etc. I sold those things to Sims, lol. It would have been a perfect place to place it among those shops. You know if Harry Potter has to buy some stuff, sometimes, lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I'm a builder (though not like some of these artists out there) but I enjoy building. I actually like the worlds where there is quite a bit of decor houses around. It adds to the flavor of the world, gives it a signature. I frankly don't like the heavily wooded lots in Brindleton Bay. I thought Glimmer brook looked a bit bland and boring. Maybe if the trees were different, but just pine/evergreen trees is just plain boring to me.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Glimmerbrook is a good place to place down a campground on the one empty lot it has.

Also a retail lot, an apothecary, selling, potions and things. I have one on the island in Windenburg. Think I want to move it to Glimmer brook.

@BlkBarbiegal if you've seen the livestream do you still plan to move your retail lot? In the realm they have some pretty neat shops run by ghosts.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

@BlkBarbiegal if you've seen the livestream do you still plan to move your retail lot? In the realm they have some pretty neat shops run by ghosts.

You can't own or do anything to the one editable lot in Realm but through build mode on unique lots cheat
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Glimmerbrook is a good place to place down a campground on the one empty lot it has.

Also a retail lot, an apothecary, selling, potions and things. I have one on the island in Windenburg. Think I want to move it to Glimmer brook.

Yes, I'm still gonna move move my retail lot to Glimmerbrook. I'm also looking forward to the realm's shops as well. :)
    @WolfNate yep.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    I wonder how the climate is gonna be like
  • Options
    I wonder how the climate is gonna be like

Glimmerbrook is going to have the usual four seasons, probably including blizzards and heatwaves if enabled in game options.
    (it's the Realm climate that intrigues me because it's entirely different to everything we've seen so far)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Since I am a rotational player, installing Cats and Dogs has made that a bit of a hassle since our pets don't take care of their own needs unless the households with pets are played every few Sim days.

then add a farmer's market venue on the fifth lo

I'm not sure what you mean about the rotational play? I have Cats and Dogs, and I rotate through a LOT of households. (Like almost every house in every neighborhood; I am maxed out!) But I've never noticed a problem with my pets. I mean, occasionally I come back and they have a red nose or whatever, but they aren't starving or particularly angry... as often as not, they are in the green for mood, and if anything, they just need a little snuggle. And that's after being away for the equivalent of a few sims years. Certainly none of them have died so far. (I do play with aging off.)

Even illness is a lot rarer, now. My vet sim keeps her fridge stocked with wellness treats, and I try to make all my sims, even the non pet-owners, keep several in their inventory, so that if they visit friends or are out in the world and see sick pets, they go ahead and pass around the treats.

Re: the farmer's market, that's a great idea, I'm so glad you mentioned it! I actually have a farmer's market from the gallery that I've been hanging on to since shortly after Seasons, I've just never found the right place for it. Now I just have to decide whether to put in a farmer's market or a potion shop... or forgo a house and have both. I suppose I could always have a potion stall at the farmer's market, but it's just not quite the same vibe...