Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Often Do You Explore The Jungles?

Comments

• Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    The vacation worlds are my favourites, so I usually have at least one outdoorsy sim in my household so I can have an excuse to go there pretty often. The destination worlds we have are gorgeous. I can usually manage about three or four sims in the jungle at a time?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    Quite often. I love it there. I love the culture, I love the music. I wish I could say I love the food (IRL) though I have never eaten that. Sadly.

I guess I love it that much because I started to learn spanish and I love it a lot.

P.S.: My post consists of 7 words LOVE, counting this one as well. That says it all.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    I just bought it actually! I'm planning on having my mermaid and her fiance honeymoon there, so excited!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I've had different households go for different reasons. Some are treasure hunters looking for the temples, some are archaeologists digging for artifacts and some are there to enjoy themselves in town. I've even had a family adopt a cat from Selvadorada.

I've been wanting to go again soon because it's one of my all time favorite packs and one of my absolute favorite worlds. There are still temples I haven't explored and parts of the jungle I haven't seen.

One of my favorite things to do is bring a large household in search of a temple but once they leave their lot they have to camp in the jungle with the poisonous bugs and aren't allowed to return until they've completed a temple exploration and the trek back home. They have to stop to eat and dig up relics and see the sites along the way so it usually takes a few days. By the end, someone's life is in danger from being poisoned (sometimes more than one).

I have a household full of Elders who live in a senior community that I've been planning to bring on "a last adventure" to find fulfillment, riches, and a final hurrah, lol. I think I'm going to build a few more skills for them and finally send them on their way and see how it turns out. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    Every now and then, I have a household of very curious and adventures sims especially the male (who is a scientist), they do not keep the treasure they find but "donate" it to the museum (meaning the museum I build), they are in it for the knowledge and the adventure.
    For some reason I really like the whole temple thing, never thought I would, but I never do it too long at a time, maybe have a 2-3 days holiday there and than take a longer break (can't really say how long, since I play rotationally).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I only recently got the pack so I've only been there once, but I really loved it and plan to go back and have more families travel there, even if some only use it as a vacation destination. The world is simply beautiful to look at.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I did it once. That's it. It was a waste of my money. I had hoped it would be more like World Adventures. But it wasn't. It wasn't worth what I spent.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Not since Strangerville came out. My sims have journeyed in all of the Jungle Adventure spots.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Definitely not something I do every day, but since I have Lara Croft and several other sims who are archaeologists in my save, I still travel to Selvadorada every few months. Sure, it does get repetitive eventually, but so does everything else in this game, and I usually juggle the repetitive gameplay elements to make them feel more varied. I still wish Selvadorada was a residential world, though.
    LiELF wrote: »
    I have a household full of Elders who live in a senior community that I've been planning to bring on "a last adventure" to find fulfillment, riches, and a final hurrah, lol. I think I'm going to build a few more skills for them and finally send them on their way and see how it turns out. :D

I like this idea! :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think I have explored the jungles only once? I have visited selvadorada more often though, it's a beautiful vacation spot. I plan to do more exploring too but currently don't have an archeologist in my rotation.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    I send SIMs for winter vacation, honeymoons, to make money and just for a change of scenery. It’s usually a break from the ordinary whenever the storyline calls for a break. If it’s summer it will be Granite Falls. My SIMs have been doing the Off-Grid Challenge Island Living. The younger sister spent her whole childhood snorkling, cave exploring and fishing. She finished mental first and all the child skills to 10. She is a true nerd brain, she is a reader, musician, explorer, logic geek so for her story no stone will be left unturned. She is building a space ship in the yard and all manner of exploration will me her MO. Having jungle adventure fits well into the story of a character who is an insatiable adventurer.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I just bought the pack a couple days ago,and I have not been there yet, but I am in the process of making a new household of 5 young adults and a dog, and at least one of them will be going to the jungle soon.
  • Options
    MaWhilMaWhil Posts: 29 Member
    I played Selvadorada a lot when it first came out. I had one specific sim who was into exploring and archaeology so she spent a lot of time there collecting, etc. Recently I haven't gone back, but I would like to in a new household save.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I did two or three times, but I stopped because I couldn't figure out how to open the locked gates. Every time, they said maybe during the next adventure.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I haven't bothered yet. Even though I got this during the recent sale.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Quite recently actually. I have played two sims with real interest to archaeology and Selvadoradian culture and played both of them like this month. I've been planning on moving them to a same save file to have them fall in love and get married... maybe even in Selvadorada! :)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I did two or three times, but I stopped because I couldn't figure out how to open the locked gates. Every time, they said maybe during the next adventure.

I believe it's pot luck so you have to keep trying in the hope that they open at some point.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Vember77Vember77 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've never done anything with the Jungle Adventure stuff pack. At least when it comes to the gameplay. I've only used the pack for the build items cause that is why I buy packs for. LMAO. I'm awful. I've done the same with Outdoor Retreat as well and even with the newest pack we received. Although, I've heard the new career is SUPER glitchy at the moment.

I haven't used the photography skill much at all but I did notice that 'glitch' wise for the game, I've had sims stuck in my house visiting and other instances which I don't understand. I guess I'll have to wait extra long to mess with anything from Moschino. Haha. The build items, however, work perfectly so I'm not complaining there.

I do plan, however, to actually play the game packs I haven't played yet. Just don't know when that will happen.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited August 2019
    When I first got this pack, I took my Cantrell family on 'vacation' there. The only daughter becomes an Archaeologist when she is grown, so I thought it would be fun to show where and how she got the 'bug' to become such. Trip was disastrous, sadly. It's quite frustrating taking a group and trying to keep them all from getting into trouble. They boys managed to get all bitten up. Spiders were after my future Rock Star and later on, when Brianna grew up and joined Starfleet, I tried this 'adventure' again, thinking ah-ha, a great first Mission. That was even worse. They went as a group, but only Captain Kirk could make any headway. The rest seemed to just stand around outside the gate and it was frustrating to try to get each one of them to follow their leader. I have to say, I haven't played it since. That was quite awhile ago. However, StrangerVille, did satisfy the Mission criteria for my O/C Sim. The young Lieutenant did an admirable job as the Team-Leader and managed to defeat the Mother. Eventually, I'll try the jungle again. But it seems to me it's better suited for just one Sim. I rarely play with just one Sim, preferring large households. But, we'll see. I loved WA in Sims3, and had hoped this would be a great twist. :'( Oh, well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I have a save file dedicated to Jungle Adventures, whenever I play the save I often go to the Jungle, I’m trying to complete the collections that came with the pack and find all mystical relics. I’m pretty sure my sim recently died after activating a relic on herself.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I was planning to have my two adults go explore the jungle for their vacation, but it kept raining :-( so after a night out in the cantina and a day's rest in their vacation house, I just sent them home instead.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Not since I got Strangerville back in Feb. However, I probable play it after Christmas.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I'm doing it often, I like that pack. I take my sims and usually their cousins on vacation and have them explore the jungle, in day or night.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I like jungle-diving, but it's somethig I do once in a while, when I have the right sim for it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Being a vampire makes it so easy to get so much temple diving in
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players