Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evil Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I don't really see the point of having an evil sim. I mean seriously what's the point? You click on a mean interaction, they do it they're mean but their first interaction after the mean one is autonomous and it is ALWAYS anything friendly. Really? Like really?! It doesn't make any sense. It is ruined. Evil sims aren't truly evil. They're just trying. But they fail all the time. Every single time.
    giphy.gif
    @DoloresGrey
    Urgh yes. I've had sims of mine that either got evil or mean trait being a nuisance to sims they hate, but as soon as I stop choose interactions and have autonomy on they will start chat all nicely. Why are you being nice?! You hate them!

I remember someone posted a comparison of the evil or mean trait from TS3 and TS4 not long ago, and the TS4 one just felt so shallow. They aren't much different from any other sim, except doing an "evil laugh" every now and then.
    izecson wrote: »
    my sim autonomously use mean interactions even though he neither has mean nor evil trait nor is he on angry mood, but I believe he was red on conflict resolution when he was teenager but not enough to receive argumentative trait.
    @izecson
    I've had sims with all manner of traits doing this before I got Parenthood. They have even been friends with the other sim they were targeting. So the conflict resolution may not be the culprit :/

There is arguably a bit of a dip in depth.

29ffqd2.png
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I don't really see the point of having an evil sim. I mean seriously what's the point? You click on a mean interaction, they do it they're mean but their first interaction after the mean one is autonomous and it is ALWAYS anything friendly. Really? Like really?! It doesn't make any sense. It is ruined. Evil sims aren't truly evil. They're just trying. But they fail all the time. Every single time.
    giphy.gif
    @DoloresGrey
    Urgh yes. I've had sims of mine that either got evil or mean trait being a nuisance to sims they hate, but as soon as I stop choose interactions and have autonomy on they will start chat all nicely. Why are you being nice?! You hate them!

I remember someone posted a comparison of the evil or mean trait from TS3 and TS4 not long ago, and the TS4 one just felt so shallow. They aren't much different from any other sim, except doing an "evil laugh" every now and then.
    my sim autonomously use mean interactions even though he neither has mean nor evil trait nor is he on angry mood, but I believe he was red on conflict resolution when he was teenager but not enough to receive argumentative trait.
    @izecson
    I've had sims with all manner of traits doing this before I got Parenthood. They have even been friends with the other sim they were targeting. So the conflict resolution may not be the culprit :/

29ffqd2.png

It's only moodlet play for sims 4
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes. Pointless. Literally useless.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    there is one point missing from the sims 3, evil sims tend to use idle evil faces and use malicious smile.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes. Pointless. Literally useless.

Sadly, like most of the traits :(
  • Options
    blythemegan94blythemegan94 Posts: 23 Member
    giphy.gif
    @DoloresGrey

@izecson

29ffqd2.png

Absolutely. This is really where my confusion lie - the interactions are there, and I know I can force it by changing autonomy, but it still felt inauthentic. She just doesn't appear evil
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I had a evil sim with the hot headed trait and on his wife’s birthday whilst they were on holiday he started a fight with her for no reason. He would also start arguments and fights all the time. Some were due to the hot headed trait, some the evil trait. He was a fun sim to play as I normally play good sims.
  • Options
    NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    giphy.gif
    @DoloresGrey

@izecson

29ffqd2.png

I never played TS3, but yes I want my evil sim to do all of that!
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The Sims 4 lacks evil and mischief. Even though, it’s seen in the game as a trait or a social interaction. 99% of the time, a Sim won’t bother doing any negative interactions. Making it really boring and less dramatic.

Even after declaring Sims as enemies, they autonomously do nice things to each other.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    So, with the help of *mod* and the criminal career path, I was able to make a pair of roommates that are rather dastardly - BUT ITS SO HARD TO MAINTAIN! The mischief/mean interactions, declaring enemies - maybe it's just me, but making sims like this is rather difficult.

Have you had the same experience? Or are you a pro at evil Sims (if so pls, details)

edit: whoops! sorry for the slip up!!

I always have at least one sim in a family household with traits,

evil
    mean
    hates children.

I use some mods to. extra mean interactions, or mods for deadly voodoo gameplay.
    but sims in the sims 4 can despise each other and still hug and have joke
    So,
    I find it easy to get them to hate one another and hard to stop them from being nice to each other even though they despise each other.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    giphy.gif
    @DoloresGrey

@izecson

29ffqd2.png
    This is so true it hurts.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    giphy.gif
    @DoloresGrey

@izecson

29ffqd2.png

I NEED this.
    wB2Zykl.jpg