Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evil Sims?

blythemegan94blythemegan94 Posts: 23 Member
So, with the help of *mod* and the criminal career path, I was able to make a pair of roommates that are rather dastardly - BUT ITS SO HARD TO MAINTAIN! The mischief/mean interactions, declaring enemies - maybe it's just me, but making sims like this is rather difficult.

Have you had the same experience? Or are you a pro at evil Sims (if so pls, details)

edit: whoops! sorry for the slip up!!
Post edited by blythemegan94 on

Comments

• Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i have autonomy off, so my evil sims are only mean/mischievous when i want them to be
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I have a bunch of Sims with the Evil trait, but I don't actually find them to be very evil. Most of the time they just laugh wickedly or smile when another Sim is distraught or crying, lol. I think that paired with the Mean trait it's a little more convincing. I wish the traits had more influence on personality though, because they still fill up with Happy buffs and hug other Sims all the time.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Normal Sims program to be friendly, like Alyssa123 said, best turn autononmy off, use clubs and set goal mean and mischievous but no friendly socal, and even I had trouble to do with all member, I can only forced one at a time.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I make evil sims regularly they do more on their own if it's paired with other bad traits. Mean and hotheaded ... if hotheaded they get angry more often and act on their own. Other negative traits can bring out more action because of being uncomfortable or tense and also and of course skilling up the mischief skill can help.

Personally though I make a more evil sims with that I like to see as a sociopath if not a down right psychopath so I don't want them to be outwardly mean to other sims.. or get caught at doing bad things. I like them to be charming and nice but still enjoy the suffering around them. So often the trait is pretty spot on for the character I'm making.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I like to see as a sociopath if not a down right psychopath so I don't want them to be outwardly mean to other sims.. or get caught at doing bad things. I like them to be charming and nice but still enjoy the suffering around them.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I like the way you think. That certainly makes for a much more interesting sim. Now you’ve got me thinking about how I can incorporate this type of sim into my storylines.😂😈

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    so far the only evil thing my sim did was break up with his girlfriend. ironically that mad him happy. hes also non commital.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I tried recreating a TS3 household, that featured an Evil Criminal Mastermind head of house, and pretty much abandoned it because the Mischief interaction requirements were so demanding, he really had very little time to pursue anything else. I do feel a bit disappointed in the implementation of the career and trait.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    my sim autonomously use mean interactions even though he neither has mean nor evil trait nor is he on angry mood, but I believe he was red on conflict resolution when he was teenager but not enough to receive argumentative trait.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have one sim with the evil trait that I am rather fond of and has completed the Public Enemy aspiration. He's technically the same as my main sim, who is actually a 'good vampire', but in an alternative universe/save where emotional trauma triggered his 'dark side'/alternate personality to take back control. He has since become an infamous vampire boss in the criminal career and the leader/master of the vampires, who thanks to him now rule over everything behind the scenes - they're in the media, police, politics etc. "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" after all. He is also the leader of an infamous club of elite vampires who serve him and enjoy wreaking havoc across the worlds. However, I'm not sure evil is exactly the right word to use for him. Certainly, some of his behaviour can be considered evil and sadistic, but I prefer my characters/sims to be more multifaceted than that. He is also very self-assured, well-mannered and charismatic, a quick learner and dance machine, and really seems to adore his wife and newborn daughter. So no, he's not without his good side. It's more that he freely does what he wants when he wants to and is I think secretly the person deep down in the darkest of our hearts we all wish we could be and for that reason he is so much fun to play when I'm in the mood for a little mischief. >:)
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't really see the point of having an evil sim. I mean seriously what's the point? You click on a mean interaction, they do it they're mean but their first interaction after the mean one is autonomous and it is ALWAYS anything friendly. Really? Like really?! It doesn't make any sense. It is ruined. Evil sims aren't truly evil. They're just trying. But they fail all the time. Every single time.
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    I don't really see the point of having an evil sim. I mean seriously what's the point? You click on a mean interaction, they do it they're mean but their first interaction after the mean one is autonomous and it is ALWAYS anything friendly. Really? Like really?! It doesn't make any sense. It is ruined. Evil sims aren't truly evil. They're just trying. But they fail all the time. Every single time.
    giphy.gif
    @DoloresGrey
    Urgh yes. I've had sims of mine that either got evil or mean trait being a nuisance to sims they hate, but as soon as I stop choose interactions and have autonomy on they will start chat all nicely. Why are you being nice?! You hate them!

I remember someone posted a comparison of the evil or mean trait from TS3 and TS4 not long ago, and the TS4 one just felt so shallow. They aren't much different from any other sim, except doing an "evil laugh" every now and then.
    izecson wrote: »
    my sim autonomously use mean interactions even though he neither has mean nor evil trait nor is he on angry mood, but I believe he was red on conflict resolution when he was teenager but not enough to receive argumentative trait.
    @izecson
    I've had sims with all manner of traits doing this before I got Parenthood. They have even been friends with the other sim they were targeting. So the conflict resolution may not be the culprit :/
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    I make evil sims regularly they do more on their own if it's paired with other bad traits. Mean and hotheaded ... if hotheaded they get angry more often and act on their own. Other negative traits can bring out more action because of being uncomfortable or tense and also and of course skilling up the mischief skill can help.

Personally though I make a more evil sims with that I like to see as a sociopath if not a down right psychopath so I don't want them to be outwardly mean to other sims.. or get caught at doing bad things. I like them to be charming and nice but still enjoy the suffering around them. So often the trait is pretty spot on for the character I'm making.
    I have one sim with the evil trait that I am rather fond of and has completed the Public Enemy aspiration. He's technically the same as my main sim, who is actually a 'good vampire', but in an alternative universe/save where emotional trauma triggered his 'dark side'/other identity to take back control. He has since become an infamous vampire boss in the criminal career and the leader/master of the vampires, who thanks to him now rule over everything behind the scenes - they're in the media, police, politics etc. "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" after all. He is also the leader of an infamous club of elite vampires who serve him and enjoy wreaking havoc across the worlds. However, I'm not sure evil is exactly the right word to use for him. Certainly, some of his behaviour can be considered evil and sadistic, but I prefer my characters/sims to be more multifaceted than that. He is also very self-assured, well-mannered and charismatic, a quick learner and dance machine, and really seems to adore his wife and newborn daughter. So no, he's not without his good side. It's more that he freely does what he wants when he wants to and is I think secretly the person deep down in the darkest of our hearts we all wish we could be and for that reason he is so much fun to play when I'm in the mood for a little mischief. >:)

Affably Evil is the best evil B)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffablyEvil
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    @izecson
    I've had sims with all manner of traits doing this before I got Parenthood. They have even been friends with the other sim they were targeting. So the conflict resolution may not be the culprit :/

Well idk, maybe my sims is just being bipolar, he does that when he is having a friendly talk and then insulted his father out of the blue.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019

I have one sim with the evil trait that I am rather fond of and has completed the Public Enemy aspiration. He's technically the same as my main sim, who is actually a 'good vampire', but in an alternative universe/save where emotional trauma triggered his 'dark side'/other identity to take back control. He has since become an infamous vampire boss in the criminal career and the leader/master of the vampires, who thanks to him now rule over everything behind the scenes - they're in the media, police, politics etc. "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" after all. He is also the leader of an infamous club of elite vampires who serve him and enjoy wreaking havoc across the worlds. However, I'm not sure evil is exactly the right word to use for him. Certainly, some of his behaviour can be considered evil and sadistic, but I prefer my characters/sims to be more multifaceted than that. He is also very self-assured, well-mannered and charismatic, a quick learner and dance machine, and really seems to adore his wife and newborn daughter. So no, he's not without his good side. It's more that he freely does what he wants when he wants to and is I think secretly the person deep down in the darkest of our hearts we all wish we could be and for that reason he is so much fun to play when I'm in the mood for a little mischief. >:)

Affably Evil is the best evil B)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffablyEvil

Yes! They make bad look so good. :D
  • Options
    even though my sim is non commital hes the best dad. he was previouly evil now he just has kleptomanac tendencies.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Evil/mean sims are 99% friendly. I have autonomy on and have a new mean sim in my game who has yet to be mean once!

I put them in infamous clubs so they begin in the red with any new sims they meet and fighting and declaring enemies is so easy, but you need to command them to do this.

Ireally do wish they were constantly horrible.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have the same problem. Evil sims are so good its almost no point in using them I literally had to fight to stop my evil sim from hugging his enemy constantly. I gave up and now they are friends ugh. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Lot of my Sims, are either mean or EVIL - or at least, supposed to be! Nothing more irritating than an EVIL Sim who befriends the whole town.

One or two allies - ok - I understand! The whole ding-dang town - WHAT THE FRANK!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I once created a daughter for Vlad, she really didn't look like him as it was an,old sim of mine recreated, I pretended she looked like her lost mother, well Caleb Vatore fell for her and I had moved her to the city and had their wedding there, I have no idea what Vlad said to Caleb but they stopped talking a bit and I saw Vlad go up and ask Caleb about his day and little vampire spurned a vampiric duel immediately on his own, was kinda funny, guess that's what you buy into when you marry into his family ( he was already living with her at this time), she kinda stood there with a look that could have been saying, "Dad! Not again!" Lol
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I only tried evil Sims once, though I do use a mean interaction now and then if my story calls for it. It's really really really super easy to fix poor relationships. Someone's angry because you just implied their mother was a llama? They'll still let you talk to them for fifteen minutes and end up liking you more in the end.

Sims 4 Sims are really nice.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    I only tried evil Sims once, though I do use a mean interaction now and then if my story calls for it. It's really really really super easy to fix poor relationships. Someone's angry because you just implied their mother was a llama? They'll still let you talk to them for fifteen minutes and end up liking you more in the end.

Sims 4 Sims are really nice.

mine are too. even the previusly evil one . doesn't like mean interactions . he was a spare in my story. i was looking at the family tre and was shocked cause its a family with 7 kids but somehow the husband had 8.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    is it bad that i seem to be the only person who has no trouble getting my evil sims to actually be evil? lol i've never had the problems ya'll are having with sims being too nice
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    Sims with bad manners trait or close to it even when they dont receive the trait when they age up to YA tend to be nastier than evil sims thsemlves.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    In my experience the evil trait doesn’t do much on it’s own. Pairing it with mean worked better for me but that leaves only one trait left.

I often find mean sims to be more interesting in gameplay, it just feels like more adverse stuff happen when they are around.

It is hard work to have a few sims acting mean towards a sim they don’t like. So easy for them to slip back to a pleasant conversation.
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    My evil sim is rather rude in conversations. Like, 70% of the time. I have to keep an eye on them while their autonomy is on high.
    I use several mods, such as Personality Please! from MTS [huge helper. couldn't play without it.], Shimrod's facial overlay [fixes smiling with all emotions issue], and Meaningful Stories by Roburky. These combined alleviate a lot of the "too nice" issues present in the game.

I've also found that giving them the Hot Headded trait helps them choose mean interactions more often.