Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

--CLOSED--Casting Call for Sims SURVIVOR Reality Show

gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member

THIS CASTING CALL IS CLOSED. ALL POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.

Are you a fan of the reality show Survivor? If so, then this casting call is for you!

I am looking for 12 14 castaways to play the game of Survivor. Two tribes of six eight members each will live in primitive conditions on one of the beautiful islands of Sulani. Players face off in reward and immunity challenges in hopes to ultimately become the Sole Survivor.

Rules for Creating Your Survivor Hopeful
  • Sim must be created using the new CAS Story mode.
  • Sim must be Young Adult, Adult, or Elder. (You may create a Sim of yourself if you want, but if you choose to go there just know that you may endure humiliation or even death.)
  • Sim must be fully human because they will be sequestered every day. The Survivor production team will not be able to meet the unique needs of mermaids, vampires, and other occult Sims.
  • Create only one Sim in a household for each entry. You may enter as many different Sims as you wish; just be sure they are uploaded separately to the Gallery.
  • Please do not use any custom content. [edit] Default CC such as skin and eyes are okay if you don't want to uninstall them. [/end edit] Any content from Expansion, Stuff, and Game Packs and EA downloadable content is fine.
  • No makeup or jewelry, unless noted otherwise below—hats are okay.
  • All hairstyles must be consistent across outfit categories (makes it easier for the audience to follow).
  • Sims should be created using the clothing guidelines below. Note that the clothing guidelines are a rule of thumb--not absolutes. Don't stress about it if the guidelines are confusing. I'm just going for the general feel of Survivor. I won't be counting how many pairs of underwear your Sim has.

Clothing Guidelines
Sims have limited clothing options on the island, so please outfit your Sim accordingly. Below is a list of clothing items each Sim can take to the island with them. You may use any combination of these across the different clothing categories, with the exception of Formal and Party clothes.
  • two pairs of shoes (one must be athletic)
  • one pair of underwear
  • one shirt
  • one pair of shorts, cropped pants, OR a skirt
  • one bathing suit/bikini
  • one travel outfit (see notes on Formalwear below)

Combine any of the above to create outfits for Everyday, Athletic, Sleep, Hot Weather, and Cold Weather. You can use the outfit filter options to choose clothes from other categories. For example, your Sim can be wearing underwear for the Everyday outfit—happens all the time on Survivor!—or your Sim can sleep in a bathing suit. It’s up to you.

The Formal and Party outfit categories have their own guidelines:
Formal: This is the outfit that your Sims wore on their flight to Sulani. You may use makeup as you please for this outfit. (Don’t you love to laugh at the Survivor participants who show up in ridiculous clothes like heels or suits, only to discover they must compete in their first challenge wearing those clothes?)
Party: This should be a “going Native” outfit that has a tribal look. If you have Island Living, there are some great options included for tribal style clothing. Also, feel free to use the face paint to give your Sims a primitive warrior look. (At some point in the game, your Sim may go on a reward feast hosted by the locals.)

Posting Your Survivor Hopeful
Upload your Sim to the gallery with the tags #Survivor #CastingCall.
Post in this thread with your Gallery username and the following information about your Sim:
  • picture
  • name
  • career
  • skills
  • aspiration
  • traits

The following creators have a Survivor contestant in the game. The casting call will close on Saturday, August 10, or when 14 creators have submitted at least one Sim--whichever comes first.
1 @pammiechick
2 @kittymeow
3 @nerdfashion
4 @VanPelt81
5 @Irishsong
6 @Skeilah
7 @badxwolfxrising
8 @haswh
9 @SoulGal7
10 @Becka28
11 @StarDreamer
12 @Damaro
13 @phantasmkiss
14 JustBecca

Thank you and good luck!

P.S. For those of you who are curious about me or Sims Survivor, here’s some background. I’ve been playing The Sims since it’s very first release in 2000 . . . so 19 years. Wow! Obviously, I’m also a fan of the reality show Survivor. I recently got the idea to play Sim Survivor—not sure why it took me so long to think of it. I was curious as to how many people had already done it, and found one series that I love on Youtube: “Youtuber Survivor All-Stars” by 8BitDylan. Youtuber tinypixel recently posted an intro video, “Sims Survivor: Mua Pel'am Intro,” which looks AMAZING—can’t wait for more of that one. 😊
--+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
Post edited by gamelia on

Comments

• Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'd love to submit a sim for this, though I don't have Island Living. Would that be a problem? :)
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I'd love to submit a sim for this, though I don't have Island Living. Would that be a problem? :)

Not a problem! For the Party outfit, use whatever options you find to create a native look. Good question to ask. I'll update the guidelines.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2019
    ♥♥♥ JAX SMILEY ♥♥♥

ASqxObs.png

Jax has always relied on his good looks and charm to get by. But when he was laid off as a dj at the local bar, Jax was down in the dumps. That was until he found out about a way to make a million simoleons! So he has to rough it to win. Jax hopes his charm will win him friends so he can be...the sole #survivor

career: Unemployed

skills: Dj mixing: 3, Charisma: 3

aspiration: Mansion Baron

traits: romantic, outgoing, music lover, business savvy

(Sim is linked with the photo for download)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick Ooer! Interesting~ Can't wait to see Jax on Survivor island!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    MR435y5.png

Name: Kelsey Feldman
    Career: Criminal
    Skills: Active, logic, mischief
    Aspiration: Master Actor
    Traits: Active, Ambitious, cat lover, muser
    Gallery ID: GloomyKittie

So, I was making her and had to go off the game. When I put her back in CAS the story has gone but I did do it. I can't exactly remember her skills but I think it was charisma and she has an above average starting funds.

Kelsey's Father is a criminal mastermind, she grew up witnessing all sorts of crimes. When she turned 16 she started working for her Father, at first she thought being in a criminal gang was thrilling but she soon realised that this isn't her, she wishes to be a famous actress one day. That's if her over controlling father will ever let her. It wasn't easy to convince him to let her join survivor!
    Post edited by kittymeow on
  • Options
    @kittymeow Mystery solved. Kelsey has acting, logic, and mischief skills. . . that ought to cause some drama! Her traits are cat lover, active, muser, and ambitious. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    gamelia wrote: »
    @kittymeow Mystery solved. Kelsey has acting, logic, and mischief skills. . . that ought to cause some drama! Her traits are cat lover, active, muser, and ambitious. Thanks so much!

Oh, thanks for that. I was way off! :D
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I'll make a sim for it! I'll get right on it!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    @nerdfashion you may want to submit a sim. :)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Thanks for tagging me. I'll get to work ASAP.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    http:/Av5xeCb.png

Name Aubrey McGregor
    Career Unemployed
    Skills Veterinarian and Comedy
    Aspiration Friend of the Animals
    Traits Loner Gloomly and Goofball

Origin ID: nerdfashion
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    @nerdfashion That Loner trait might hurt Aubrey's social game, but she'll likely thrive in Exile. Maybe she'll find the hidden immunity idol while she's there. Hmm?
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited August 2019
    Name: Cassie Yang (picture in link).
    Career: Barista
    Skills: Charisma - 5; Handiness - 4
    Aspiration: Painter Extrodinare
    Traits: Cheerful, Evil, Genius, Muser
    Gallery ID: vanpelt81
    Bio Cassie Yang is an aspiting artist who works as a barista to pay the bills. She is a very cheerful woman who can be the life of the party in social situations. That being said, one shouldn't underestimate her just for being foolish just because she is young. She is a very smart and very strategic player who isn't afraid of making tough game play decisions.

Cassie can be found with the hashtags #Survivor #CastingCall #Cheerful #Evil #Genius as well as the link above. (Cassie is also one of the fools in a dress & high heels that'll have to compete in the first challenge in those closthes should she be selected). >:)

Also, should we be making loved ones for when the Survivor castaways get to the point of the loved one visit?
    Post edited by VanPelt81 on
  • Options
    badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    This sounds super fun! Commenting so I can find this tomorrow when i'm slightly more awake lol.
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

I hadn't planned for the loved ones visit, but what a great idea! If everyone wants to make a loved one, I'll incorporate it into the game. Let's see who our cast members are and everyone can make a loved one after filming begins. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    kJ1gAyt.png
    lBPxp89.png

I hope that this works for the party outfit. I had a tough time picking a tribal outfit I liked...

5vol1Lv.png

name: Lily Still
    career: Fisherman
    skills: Comedy 3
    Handiness 3
    Fishing 4
    aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire
    traits: Loves the Outdoors, Music Lover, Creative

Bio: Lily can do it all by herself. Sure, she'll probably burn her food, but she caught it. She can fix a good amount of things, which ought to count for something, right? Fishing for a living will at least make sure that she doesn't starve, and that's pretty key. Available food, able to build a shelter, Lily feels like she has this in the bag.

You will have to check the cc box, I use custom eyes. under #Survivor #CastingCall
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Can I make a male for this too?
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Can I make a male for this too?

Sure! I'd like to have a pool to choose from and hope to get Sims who differ in appearance so it's easy for me to recognize them from a distance.
  • Options
    @Irishsong I'm having trouble finding Lily in the Gallery. I've searched your username, her name, and the hashtags. Do you mind posting a link to her in the Gallery? Thanks!
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited August 2019
    My gallery username is SCNVM, and this is my sim + information :D

69n6qxczdc9.40.07.png

Bella is nothing like every normal girl. Of course, she likes to be in a cute dress sometimes, but behind that, her mindset is just like the average men. Bella always wanted to be an astronaut, and now she has the age, she applied for the job. Now she currently is the technician, but that's fine, really, because she's super-handy and knows everything about fixing things. When she has some spare time, she's reading books, or simply planning to trap someone in one of het genius jokes. Yes, she also likes that!

Career: Astronaut career level 3 - Technician
    Skills: Handiness 3, Logic 2, Rocket Science 3
    Aspiration: Knowledge - Nerd Brain
    Traits: Genius, mean, materialistic, quick learner
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    JB1Nfpa.png
    Name: Fernando Lozano
    Career: Business
    Skills: Mischief, cooking
    Aspiration: Friend of the world
    Traits: Evil, Non Committal, goofball, gregarious
    Gallery ID: GloomyKittie

Bio: Fernando uses his looks and social skills to get his way in life, little do most people know that he's actual evil and is very good at manipulating others. He has ladies lining up to be with him, he uses them and kicks them to the curb and onto the next. The contestants better watch out for this one.
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Hello @gamelia I saw @pammiechick's submission and I am a fan of Survivor so I hope it's okay to submit a sim. I am excited to read this!
  • Options
    badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2019
    WtQ56u.png

Name: Billie McLoren
    Career: Caterer
    Skills: Culinary and charisma
    Traits: Romantic, Music Lover, Active, Essence of Flavor
    Aspiration: Master Chef
    Origin ID: birosetyler
    Bio: An athletic and charismatic chef with a penchant for romance, Billie loves music as well as they love a good curry or samosa and hopes to use any potential winnings to open their own restaurant!
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    [img][/img]gvPH975.png

Rick has always been a fan of the show Survivor so when he had the opportunity to try out he jumped on it! With a bit of skill in cooking maybe he can get ahead with some of the other players by cooking for them. He is a little self-absorbed so that might not help his game but he's gong to give it his best shot if he makes it in!

Career: Culinary
    Skills: Logic, Handiness
    Has standard funds
    Aspiration: Nerd Brain
    Traits: Good, Foodie, Self-Absorbed

My gallery name is the same as here. I hope I got his clothes right. I got a bit confused so might have got it wrong. Sorry in advance.
  • Options
    haswh wrote: »
    Hello @gamelia I saw @pammiechick's submission and I am a fan of Survivor so I hope it's okay to submit a sim. I am excited to read this!

Thanks!!