Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

--CLOSED--Casting Call for Sims SURVIVOR Reality Show

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2019
    So excited! Making a sim for this :)
    Origin ID: SoulGal7
    Tagged: #Survivor #CastingCall

irving-jingleheimer.png

Irving seems an unlikely candidate for the Survivor show. But don't underestimate him. He has watched every Survivor show, developed strategies, played Survivor and every zombie survival game on video. He's got the know-how, he's got the brains to outwit the other contestants. And he is willing to do anything to win! He's a wild and crazy (literally because he's erratic) sim! He may have to quit his day job for awhile to participate in this.

Career - Code Monkey
    Logic - 3
    Programming - 2
    Video Gaming - 3
    Bonus Trait - Quick Learner
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Decided to make a male sim for this Survivor casting call and went with making a male Survivor castaway that probably won't do well on an island, much to everyone who watches Survivor's amusement >:)

Name: Dolph Rundgren (picture in link)
    Career: Chippendale's Dancer (left him unemployed due to lack of career in game)
    Skills: Acting - 3; Charisma - 3; Writing - 4
    Aspiration: Soulmate
    Traits: Squeamish, Neat, Romantic, Alluring
    Gallery ID: vanpelt81
    Bio: Adolphus "Dolph" Rundgren on the surface looks like an imposing physical threat for Survivor based on appearance but appearances can be deceiving. Though muscular, Dolph isn't an athlete by any means (those are "show muscles" from the gym specifically for his job as a Chippendale's dancer). Also, Dolph is a bit of a neat freak and is afraid of bugs to the point of crying like a baby on sight of them on him. Dolph plans on using his charm and looks to help get him to the end of day 39 (which is a style of game play that is known as Coat Tail Riding or being a Goat instead of a strong player making power moves).

Dolph can be found with the hashtags #Survivor #CastingCall #Squeamish #Neat #Romantic #CoatTailPlayer as well as with the link above
  • Options
    gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    @SoulGal7 I love Irving's style--those hats! :D
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 I was hoping to get a squeamish coattail player!
  • Options
    Will also make a female survivor sim tonight when I get home :)
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love survivor and excited to try and make a sim for this.

Tried to make an adult sim who is not the traditional young attractive team player - there's always a Chase somewhere in the pack.

dvk0MAQ.png?1

Name: Chase Herring
    Career: Culinary
    Skills: Cooking, writing
    Aspiration: master chef
    Traits: Mean, self assured, music lover
    Gallery ID: beckablitz
    Bio:Every survivor has that one guy we all love to hate and the contestants just hate. Chase is that Guy. Chase has honed his cooking skills in many a greasy burger joint and can't wait to hog the campfire and badmouth everyone else's cooking. He always believes he is right and prides himself on his ability to criticise people to their faces. Chase knows any team he is on will benefit from his presence.
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    How many sims are you going to take in? I know you said two teams of 6, could that be 3 teams of 6?
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    @Becka28 Thank you! I was hoping for a Chase. :D
  • Options
    @Becka28 I'm sure he'll get along swimmingly with Lily *sarcasm*. I like to think that Lily is kinda stoic and knows what she's doing, and won't put up with any bullying. But it's not obvious in her traits.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Irishsong wrote: »
    How many sims are you going to take in? I know you said two teams of 6, could that be 3 teams of 6?

Although I said 12 contestants in two teams of 6, I'm going to bump that up to 14 contestants divided into two teams. My Survivor "Dream Team" production staff have been doing trial runs of the challenges, and 14 players total seems to be the sweet spot. I plan to have only two tribes because bouncing between three camps may be too much, and I'm afraid I'll miss some key moments. I'll keep the casting call open until this Saturday. On a first-come basis, I'll choose at least one Survivor hopeful from each creator; that is, the first 14 creators will all have a contestant in the game, though maybe not the first Sim you posted. So far, these creators will definitely have a contestant in the game:

1 @pammiechick
    2 @kittymeow
    3 @nerdfashion
    4 @VanPelt81
    5 @Irishsong
    6 @Skeilah
    7 @badxwolfxrising
    8 @haswh
    9 @SoulGal7
    10 @Becka28

If I don't get submissions from 4 other creators by this Saturday, then I'll choose from the extra Sims made by the creators in the list above.

Also, I've been going back and forth between putting the episodes in written format with screenshots or live gameplay for YouTube. I think YouTube is going to be the best format, so I hope that's okay with everyone.

Thanks, y'all!

P.S. I've started pre-production filming for the cast intros, and I have to say that your Sims look great on camera!

• Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    gamelia wrote: »
    Irishsong wrote: »

Although I said 12 contestants in two teams of 6, I'm going to bump that up to 14 contestants divided into two teams. My Survivor "Dream Team" production staff have been doing trial runs of the challenges, and 14 players total seems to be the sweet spot. I plan to have only two tribes because bouncing between three camps may be too much, and I'm afraid I'll miss some key moments. I'll keep the casting call open until this Saturday. On a first-come basis, I'll choose at least one Survivor hopeful from each creator--that is, the first rl creators will all have a contestant in the game, though maybe not the first Sim you posted. So far, these creators will definitely have a contestant in the game:

1 @pammiechick
    2 @kittymeow
    3 @nerdfashion
    4 @VanPelt81
    5 @Irishsong
    6 @Skeilah
    7 @badxwolfxrising
    8 @haswh
    9 @SoulGal7
    10 @Becka28

If I don't get submissions from 4 other creators by this Saturday, then I'll choose from the extra Sims made by the creators in the list above.

Also, I've been going back and forth between putting the episodes in written format with screenshots or live gameplay for YouTube. I think YouTube is going to be the best format, so I hope that's okay with everyone.

Thanks, y'all!

P.S. I've started pre-production filming for the cast intros, and I have to say that your Sims look great on camera!

I'm already really looking forward to it! :blush:
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2019
    NKuJR6p.png
    Name: Erin Prescott
    Career: Entertainer
    Skills:
    Comedy and Fitness
    Aspiration: Joke Star
    Traits: Active, Goofball, Good, Gregarious

Erin is a huge jokester, and always has a witty comment for everything. She works out everyday. Her friends dared her to sign up for the show. She'll try her best to win, and even if she doesn't, she'll have as much fun as she can!
    Origin ID: AdharaKyelth
    Or under #Survivor #CastingCall
    Post edited by StarDreamer on
  • Options
    My "gal" submission.
    Kimberly Hampton

kimberly-hampton.png

Ever since watching Baywatch reruns, Kimberly has devoted herself to fitness. Jogging, dancing, swimming, and weight lifting. In fact, being fit earned her a job as a diver. Oh yeah, a sunken treasure hunter, because, well, she has a lot of expensive tastes. She thinks that being a contestant on the Survivor show will be a breeze. She's in shape & good-looking. How can she not win?

Career: Sunken Treasure Hunter (may have to quit this while playing)
    Dancing - 3
    Fishing - 3
    Bonus: HIgh Metabolism
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    YouTube will be fun! Make sure to link it here for us! Looking forward to it!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    There is no elder yet, so I thought I'd make one ^^

fe9ca3x4ls.27.37.png

As a kid, Stan was always a spoiled brat. As the only child of parents who were millionaires, you can't even imagine how spoiled he was. When he just became a teen, unfortunately his parents died in a car accident, which left him alone... In a new family. A family who's not rich, with 3 extra kids to take care for. Those kids only worked on his nerves, but the parents were great, loving and caring. He had to work for his money and learn that party's over. As a teen he worked part-time as a fast food employee, and yes, he learned to appreciate the ones who have less, but he still had a little of his old self in him. Years and years later, when he financially could live on his own, he left his foster family. He never tried to contact them anymore, because he still became like his father. Always working to reach the top. After all these years of learning, he still hasn't learned anything and still hasn't reached the top. Maybe he needs to learn a second lesson on the island?

Career: Business 3 - Assistant to the Manager
    Skills: Charisma 2, Handiness 3, Mischief 3
    Aspiration: Fortune - Mansion Baron
    Traits: Hates children, Hot-headed, Materialistic, Business savvy
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Hope it's okay I made another submission. If you don't get enough you can use her. I probably messed up on the clothes again but you can change them if you want on both my submissions.

Audrey Barrett
    lX98QS4.png[url="http://"][/url]

Audrey is a good sim to be around she is always busy doing something be it cleaning up or organizing things. She was a cook at the local school but when she saw an opening on Survivor she quit her job and hopes to get in on the action! She is very active and nice to everyone around her. She also will pick up after you if you leave things laying around.

Aspiration: Master Chef
    Career: Caterer
    Skills: Charisma-3, Cooking-2, Fitness-3
    Traits: Active, Good, Neat
    Above average funds
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    j12g-br-9932.png

Caleo Grimaldi

Career: Conservationist
    Skills: Singing, Violin
    Has standard funds
    Aspiration: Super Parent
    Traits: Gloomy, Good, Music Lover

Caleo is an #singer and #musican (playing the #violin), who currently works as an #conservationist, a job he got thanks to his #sulani mother working in this field. He thought it to be more meaningful than joining his father in managing their family #italian restaurant 'Grimaldi'. Caleo inherited two things from his parents. The passion for music and singing and their #family value. He hopes his musical talents will help him achieve his dream - someday be a (great) dad.
  • Options
    Maybe Caleo can teach Lily how to play and sing.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I might be uploading a sim for this. If I do, they will show up as having cc because I have eye and skin defaults. :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I might be uploading a sim for this. If I do, they will show up as having cc because I have eye and skin defaults. :)

CC defaults are okay. Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    Two slots are left on a first-come basis. :)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2019
    c4tVKRe.png
    VSPOyzL.png

Story

Ransom Deschain may look like a beach bum, but fans of his music know better; he is worth a lot of Simoleons. He's an entertainer who likes the good things in life, from food to possessions to the biggest home. He likes his sports extreme, his food five stars, and his bed level ten comfort.

So why is he here?

He's not as young as he used to be, and his agent thought that this would boost album sales. I mean, ah, he wants to prove himself! Yes, that's the story. He wants to prove himself, and if he wins, he's donating the entire prize to Pools Without Ladders.

Stats

Name: Ransom Deschain
    Career: Entertainer (C-Lister)
    Skills: Fitness, DJ Mixing, Guitar, Violin
    Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy
    Traits: Foodie, Materialistic, Active, Business Savvy
    Post edited by phantasmkiss on
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who submitted a Sim. The Survivor casting call is closed, and all contestants have been confirmed. I'll post a link as soon as the introduction video is ready.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Irishsong @Skeilah @kittymeow @SoulGal7 @Becka28 @nerdfashion @badxwolfxrising @StarDreamer @Damaro @pammiechick @VanPelt81 @haswh @phantasmkiss

The promo video for Sims 4 Survivor is on YouTube at this link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_eM7Nx9HCQ&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtqYJxoMnlrKMNVz4yP9YVA?view_as=subscriber

Please like, share, and promote it. If you have any feedback about the video quality, errors, etc, please post them here. I'll make corrections ASAP. I'll add links to your gallery Sim in the cast intro video TK.

My goal is to do the cast introduction this weekend, and then publish an episode every Saturday.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Oh, that is so awesome! I'm glad you chose Kelsey! :smiley: you did a really good job editing the video!