Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fruitcake

Has anyone noticed some sims love the taste of fruitcake and some don't. The sims who don't like the taste of it become uncomfortable (+2) after eating it and they can complain about fruitcake to other sims... If your other sim likes it, then their friendship decreases (-2).

Comments

• Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    :o The great fruitcake divide.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    All hail the fruitcake!

It's one of my favorite recepies in the game now :) I hope they fix they bug with the neighbors, when they bring it in they put the cake in their inventory and sims don't get to eat it. :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I don't like fruitcake, but i'm the one at Christmas who takes all the icing & marzipan off the christmas cake then runs and hides from family :)
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    I don't like fruitcake, but i'm the one at Christmas who takes all the icing & marzipan off the christmas cake then runs and hides from family :)

That was you?? :o
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Actually, fruitcake, if made well, is pretty tasty. But, alas, I've yet to have anyone come to my Sims' door to welcome them. But, then again, I made a new game save in Newcrest and dumped all of my new Sims into it about the same time. Face/palm. I'd move my couple out and return them to the game, but then he risks losing his family ties. Bummer.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Actually, fruitcake, if made well, is pretty tasty. But, alas, I've yet to have anyone come to my Sims' door to welcome them. But, then again, I made a new game save in Newcrest and dumped all of my new Sims into it about the same time. Face/palm. I'd move my couple out and return them to the game, but then he risks losing his family ties. Bummer.

That shouldn't matter... somewhat. To explain; I got fruit cake from a household that had been in-game about an hour. :) BUT... the recipient does have to be a new neighbor. One of the others will bring him/them fruitcake.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Fruitcake is disgusting. :s
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2015

Okay, here is something you should know....the Welcome Wagon is a fake; at least insofar as the fruitcake is concerned. Yes, a Sim comes up to your door with a fruitcake in hand, but the Sim does not give *your* Sim the fruitcake like they used to do in The Sims or The Sims 2 if they brought you a present. No, what happens is that the Sim holds on to the fruitcake and it conveniently disappears.

It's rumored that the fruitcake is actually made from a recipe that Mrs. Agnes Crumplebottom's great-great-grandmother Agatha used over a hundred years ago and tpickled in formaldehyde to preserve it for posterity. In fact, it is even rumored that the fruitcake that the Welcome Wagon shows your Sim is *the very same fruitcake*.

That being the case, you should all be grateful that your Sim never actually receives the fruitcake.

Or that would be a really short game.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    MarzipanMarzipan Posts: 60 Member
    > @knazzer said:
    > I don't like fruitcake, but i'm the one at Christmas who takes all the icing & marzipan off the christmas cake then runs and hides from family :)

Ooo care to share some of that with me? =D

So do you get fruitcake if you move house to a new world or neighbourhood, or is it when you first create the game?
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited June 2015
    I dont have any neighbors lol i hate cake anyway, a moment on the lips a life time on the hips yuck na all good here thanks tho (wheres the trash can?)
  • Options
    edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    Nobody brang me any :( I only like strawberry cake
  • Options
    SimmerGlimmerSimmerGlimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Anytime I get the welcome wagon, and I invite the new sims in, the one with the fruitcake comes in and sets it down on the counter or the table. It is weird though, how some sims like fruitcake and others are completely disgusted by it!
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Anytime I get the welcome wagon, and I invite the new sims in, the one with the fruitcake comes in and sets it down on the counter or the table. It is weird though, how some sims like fruitcake and others are completely disgusted by it!

At least they were nice enough to set it down on the counter. The one with the fruitcake in my game set it down outside on the floor. Looking back at it now they probably knew it was disgusting that's why they didn't bother to bring it in.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Invite the welcome wagon in and they take a piece of fruitcake, but if you let them stand at door too long or don't talk to them they don't share. At least that's what happens in my game.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I have yet to have one of my sims like fruitcake. Is it possible your Sim has to have the Foodie or Glutton trait to like it?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Marzipan wrote: »
    > @knazzer said:
    > I don't like fruitcake, but i'm the one at Christmas who takes all the icing & marzipan off the christmas cake then runs and hides from family :)

Ooo care to share some of that with me? =D

So do you get fruitcake if you move house to a new world or neighbourhood, or is it when you first create the game?

when you move to new house, even if you just move to new community, my Sim move 3 times and got welcome wage each time
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I also think it is related to their traits, as was suggested above.
    I had one of my Sims make Gourmet Fruitcake the other day (excellent quality). One of my sims loved it, the other one hated it. The Sim who loved it is a snob - also hot-headed and loves the arts, but those traits seems unlikely to be connected. The Sims who hated the fruitcake is active. I assumed that the active trait makes him more body conscious, therefore the moodlet ("what did I just eat?"). But since more Sims seem to dislike fruitcake, it's probably that there are a few traits that contribute to Sims enjoying the fruitcake? My snobby Sim cannot stop raving about that cake - it has been days since she consumed it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I also think it is related to their traits, as was suggested above.
    I had one of my Sims make Gourmet Fruitcake the other day (excellent quality). One of my sims loved it, the other one hated it. The Sim who loved it is a snob - also hot-headed and loves the arts, but those traits seems unlikely to be connected. The Sims who hated the fruitcake is active. I assumed that the active trait makes him more body conscious, therefore the moodlet ("what did I just eat?"). But since more Sims seem to dislike fruitcake, it's probably that there are a few traits that contribute to Sims enjoying the fruitcake? My snobby Sim cannot stop raving about that cake - it has been days since she consumed it.

My active sim loves fruitcake (Loner/Active/Bro) and so did her sister (Art Lover/Ambitious/Genius) and her mother (Foodie/Genius/Goofball). All my boys in that family hate fruitcake, whereas my girls tend to like it :joy:
    Most of the time the families I play hate it though. I'd like to assume foodies and gluttons are likely to like a good fruitcake, but I think it's possibly just one of those hidden traits like right and lefthandedness... Like a percentage would like fruitcake and a larger majority don't?

(I personally like a good fruitcake.)
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I have yet to have a single sim like fruit cake. It's kind of sad because I want them to like it! I like fruitcakes (well made ones anyway). Picky sims.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Has anyone noticed some sims love the taste of fruitcake and some don't. The sims who don't like the taste of it become uncomfortable (+2) after eating it and they can complain about fruitcake to other sims... If your other sim likes it, then their friendship decreases (-2).

I smile whenever I read "fruitcake" posts. I'm one of those weird individuals who actually likes fruitcake. Surprisingly, many of my sims do, too. In fact, I had one sim open a fruitcake shop. Of course, he's a master chef, so his fruitcake is probably very tasty. :)
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I like cake.
  • Options
    Emma_Lemon1042Emma_Lemon1042 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm currently doing the 100 baby challenge, so I make truckloads of fruitcake and then put it all on a huge table to feed all the annoying toddlers. Really helps bcs it never spoils! Also idc if they don't like it. They gonna have to just deal with it.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I don’t like fruitcake but I know people who do. :D
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Since I don't want to take any chances of getting a negative moodlets from it (we'll get our fair share of those during the game anyway), I don't touch it, and when the welcome wagon is over, I have my sim put it in his or her inventory, go to a bar or club, and leave it on a table there before I send them home again. Bon apetit. :P In real life I'm no fan, but I can take a slice to be polite and still survive. xD
  • Options
    Drzombae1Drzombae1 Posts: 37 Member
    bringing fruitcake is an act of war
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top