Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 "Play With Life" Video vs Sims 4 "Play With Life" video

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    This was my first time seeing both videos and I have to say that the TS3 version is much better than the TS4 version. Everything about the TS4 version is depressing. I mean, from the personal stories shared to the music, it all sounds depressing in the TS4 version.

Then one of the people said she could only have a life in the Sims game and not out in the real world. How sad is that?

The TS3 version is fun and lighthearted. I prefer this one.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    No doubt about it, The Sims 3 version
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    they're both ads and i don't really care.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    they're both ads and i don't really care.

Yeah exactly. Who cares? It's pretty much just just another Sims 3 vs Sims 4 thread. :s
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
  • Options
    I prefer TS3's one.

It's not trying to push an agenda or trying to be woke like a crap buzzfeed video, it's just a fun ad, one that actually shows the game, and how different people can do what they want in the sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    TS3's video>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wall of china>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TS4's video
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims 3 because it shows off different aspects of game play and all the fun things your sims can do and the experiences they can have.

Sims 4 shows no game play and has a group of people talking about their lives. I won’t go as far as to say people talking about their personal experiences is depressing as that’s someone's life and I think that’s a little ignorant but I do think as the ad doesn’t show the game off at all, it isn’t a good representation of a life simulation game or a good ad in general as it doesn’t show off the product. It’s just telling us the game is a good escape from personal issues and arguably all video games provide that.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Wow. How low will EA go to lure in new consumers? Do they plan to air this on commercial TV? Or is this part of the rebranding campaign going straight to social media outlets? This has to be one of worst ads for The Sims I have ever seen. It is hardly a secret The Sims franchise has a very diverse fanbase. And now EA is trying to exploit that for monetary gain? I do not know how to respond to that.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Would that the Sims3 had been a better game. They're promo trailer was great. Sadly, I prefer Sims4 even though their promo trailer was sappy. I want to see the game itself, not hear a bunch of people talk about their problems. Oi! Yes, we all get that Sims is an outlet. An escape hatch into a world where we can be in control of situations for the large part. But, my goodness, show me the game!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    To be honest I don't like either of them very much, but I do like the TS3 one more. The TS4 one is a little bit cringy for me. It sort of promotes that stereotype that everyone playing the game is playing it to live out a fantasy life or to escape the real world. I've personally never played for those reasons, I've always just seen it as a game - something to do in my free time.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    https://youtu.be/lPZa1VCxmzQ

Has everyone forgotten The Sims 2? :(
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited July 2019
    The sims 3 ad was more appropriate in my opinion. It’s a game, an escape, a form of entertainment in my eyes. I don’t feel there was a need to peddle the game with sad stories. We’ve all got them! If it gets you thru? Great! Not sure it’s a selling point. I mean many other things, more meaningful things get me thru difficult times. Eh, it’s a little sad that this is the way they feel it’s best to market the game.
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »

OMG it's young @SimGuruLyndsay and young @SimGuruGrant !

Grant had an ear piercing lol He was cute tho. :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HarleyQuinnGirlHarleyQuinnGirl Posts: 47 Member
    The Sims 3 one is fun and shows off the game, while the sims 4 one is just kinda sad. Sims 3 takes the cake.
  • Options
    HarleyQuinnGirlHarleyQuinnGirl Posts: 47 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

I hope not! I love The Sims 2. <3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I like the Sims 2 one best. <3
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Definitely sims 3, cause it shows you the game and what you can do
    Or expect in it. Sims 4 is just people talking
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The Sims 4 one is so awkward. I won't fault those people for finding expression and safety in the game, even if they overdid it and made a depressing commercial. But I don't know. It feels a bit like blatant emotional manipulation? Bringing out these people to speak about their traumas and issues in order to sell a product. Like, I'm sure it was meant to be inspirational and relatable, and I'm sure a lot of people would feel the same way about it. But it seems kind of weird to me, personally.

Plus, it doesn't tell me anything about the game or what it does. Aside from the girl who talked about getting knocked up by her brother-in-law, all I got from this was "I get to make a character that looks like me so I can pretend to be happy."

I don't care for either of them all that much, but Sims 3 just wins by default because this was its competition was kind of bad. And this is coming from someone who prefers Sims 4 to 3.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The Sims 2 AD > The Sims 3 AD > Everything else > The Sims 4 AD.

I think they went too personal, depressing and self-victimizing in the latest one. Next level WOKE SJW style. :s

I don’t think they should show a “no life” way of living from a fellow Simmer in an advertisement. That’s sad, it ISN’T OK and it ISN’T healthy to live that way.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    The Sims 3.
    I feel like the last thing those people in The Sims 4 ad should be doing is sitting alone playing The Sims 4.
    They should be out with people who care about them and having a good time. Plus it doesn't even show the game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    God, I've heard about that TS4 video but this is my first time seeing it. It makes me sad that this is what we've come to.
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    There’s nothing to compare tbh. Sims 4 is a commercial for a computer game that shows 0 gameplay ?!? Looks more like a ad for a therapy app or something.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2019
    I feel like the Sims 4 one is a low blow.

I totally understand that video games can be an outlet for someone dealing with depression or otherwise having a hard time in life. When I was my teens, I was suicidal and I used to think "well, at least, something needs me" about my Pokémon and Sims 3 games. But I would never recommend a game to someone that way! That's not healthy at all, and those are problems that need real, professional assistance. As stress relief or a way unwind after a long day, sure. That's what games are for: fun and relaxation. But if a game is is really taking over your life and you're dealing with an internal struggle on top of it, that's dangerous. That will only lead someone further down that dark spiral, and faster.

I say the ad is a low blow because I think it's awful to make those problems look healthy and casual for the sake of promoting the game. Mental health isn't a joke.

(I'm okay now! I still have my ups and downs like anyone, but I haven't felt that badly in years. Real (non-toxic) people are much better support!)
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif