Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gurus Respond to Feedback on Color Changes

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Wow i am actually suprised, that they responded and will/can even change it. That gives me hope.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    It still looks a bit boring to me, they should add a shine effect to make it more interesting to look at

I like that! The shine effect makes the plumbbob look better.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    The color is a bit better too look at. Unfortunately still one solid colour which makes it look cheap and very quickly done in paint. I want the old one back, or even better a loading screen in sims 2 style. And easy to recognise pack icons. But at least they are considering people who get a headache of the new version.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm glad they're listening to simmers who had medical issues with the current one. :) Honestly, imo, anything is better than the unfinished-looking white one.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited July 2019
    While I would prefer a blue closer to the new one that's a little less bright and lower saturation like @DeKay mentioned. With that being said, I'm still kinda surprised that the screen color is being addressed so quickly.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I hope they'd address other issues this quickly <3
    So happy about the darker loading screen honestly. I liked the brighter blue better than the white one but the darker one is even better. My sincerest thanks!
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't have migraines or epilepsy but I can see how the bright blue screen might trigger such problems

for me I just see it from light sensitivity point of view since for me white screens in game were always really bad as well
    bright things in general cause dizziness (this white forum box also causes slight amount of dizziness as I am writing)
    so I used to always go do other things to avoid as many loading screens as possible so as to not get sick from playing

At the moment I am happy about having blue screens even be a thing though
    since its more sims considering TS1,2 and 3 all had blue loading screens (never understood the white)
    but I also do feel the blue now is way too bright so I am really glad they are changing it to dark blue
    (even if it could deal with some sparkles, sparkles always cool :sunglasses: )

also if people don't see how the current blue is too bright

just open your game, get loading screen, close your eyes facing screen
    you will still see bright blue with your eyes closed

that is indicator of color being way too bright and flat for full screen usage
    and that it should be changed to not cause health issues for players
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    The dark blue looks much better. The current loading screens give me a headache.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I do think the loading screen needed to be made less bright. The loading screen is being seen a lot longer these days, particularly if one has all the packs.

I am told that I have started getting cataracts and need to avoid glare so it should do me good as well. It doesn't bother me much now but I have also a relative who suffers bad migraines and I see how it affects her work and personal life.

I would have thought that it could come sooner than the August Patch. Is it so difficult to change?

Next time EA/Maxis want to change something they should do something like SimGuruGraham's thread to get the people's vote! Then they can blame the changes on us. Laundry Day was one of their best selling packs though!

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I would have thought that it could come sooner than the August Patch. Is it so difficult to change?

I would guess that it's less the actual coding of the change as it is the process that it takes to approve something to be released into the game (especially if they're also planning to implement the same change on console).
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Sounds like everyone is liking the dark blue much better, glad they decided to change it for everyone!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks cool it with the arguing a bit in here, I've removed some posts for downplaying people experiencing issues with the previous loading screen colours.