Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you use clubs? Share ideas!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Clubs are also effective at helping your sims bag lovers.

I used to have two clubs at the same hangout - Men Seeking Women & Women Seeking Men - and activities were romantic interactions to the opposite club.

But an easier way is to put your sim and the target sim in their own club, have them meet at a place with a hottub, have them use the hottub and be romantic.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm playing an 1800s game, so I use clubs to restrict or allow access to things according to class.

In homes with servants, only servants have access to the kitchen and laundry areas. Only the family has access to the dining room (servant's dining is in the kitchen), and I have the servants cook a meal, then I manually move it into the dining area and manually move the plates out to be collected by the servants. There's a refrigerator (that looks like a side table) in the dining room so the family doesn't starve to death when I'm not playing them, haha.

For bars, women from the upper and middle classes cannot be seen in bars because it would ruin their reputation. Lower class women are allowed. I also put a gate to the area where the drinks are being made so that only bartenders have access and the patrons don't just wander back behind the bar. I have one controlled "bartender" (he's dressed like a bartender but doesn't actually have that job) and he's the club leader for all the NPC bartenders that are generated.

I'm also going to make a gentleman's club where only upper class males can go to drink and read.

I also plan to make 2 rival criminal gangs with their own clubs.

I'm working on a bank, so all the bank employees are in a club.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I adore clubs and have many unique ones which operate out of different venues around my neighbourhoods. I find they add a lot of life to my lots because when my sims go out anywhere there are clubs around doing their activities and socializing.

I have a bowling club that bowls happily in a lounge that I turned into a bowling alley with a bar. I have a comedy club of comedians that tells jokes, performs stand up and watches each other’s routines at one of my nightclubs (it is now a comedy club for all sims to visit as a result). I have a park that I turned into an arena and a kids’ and teens’ skating club meets there to skate (which doesn’t prevent others from skating there as well). I have a cafe that I turned into a movie theatre and my film buff club meets there to watch movies and eat popcorn. These all make great date venues and they seem real because other sims are usually there bowling or performing comedy or skating or watching movies or whatever.

Most of my parks have community gardens in them, so I have a couple of gardening and town beautification clubs (as well as an anglers’ and a campfire club). I now also have a Conservationist club in Sulani. A teacher’s pet club meets at the local library to do homework, use the science table and do art. A void critters club has matches and tournaments at my arcade while older (teen and young adult) gamers use the consoles or arcade machines to play their games. A bunch of pampered, snobby and rich housewives meets at the spa to have massages, drink the fruity spa drinks, use the sauna and the hot tub. Another club of wellness gurus does serious yoga and meditates at the same spa.

I also have a book club, artists’ clubs, an organized crime syndicate, a vegetarian chefs’ club, a gourmet cooking club, a writers’ club, a music appreciation club (for listening) as well as a music club (for players), a karaoke club (for singers), a drama club, a dance club, a family reunion club (for a multi-generational family who live on different lots to get together more easily), a Weekenders’ club (so a bunch of former roommates can hang out together in the sun and do backyard stuff on weekends). I even have two vampire clubs, good and evil, who fight each other on sight. I can’t wait to make magic clubs.

In my experience, clubs are a wonderful tool for bringing life to a game and I highly recommend them. I only hope that someday they add hobbies like in Freetime, so we could have a potters’ club, a knitters’ club for my grandmas, and whatever else.

Btw, if you want to give sims more personality, may I also suggest giving or cheating them some of the special traits that came with Parenthood. The bad traits are especially dynamic and amusing. I gave my bad boy artist the Uncontrolled Emotions trait and now he has frequent emotional meltdowns, which are hilarious, more easily paints emotional paintings, and seems to spread his negative emotions to his friends a lot. Argumentative is a fun one too; sims with that trait will spontaneously start arguments seemingly for fun. The good traits are less fun but very useful, especially for parents.

Might I say, almost every last club idea on here (save for the vampire stuff, don't do the supernatural stuff) but the rest of these clubs, and I do mean all of them are going to become the source of liveliness in my newly created sims 4 save. Thank You so much! I can already picture life in each of my sim community lots now, and date night...don't even get me started....yeah, I've got some club creating to do. And, now I know just what to do with some of the premades that I never every pay attention too.
  • Options
    I've never tried this, but can you replace the front door of a premade lot with a club door, making the lot private for club members only?
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Put simply, I mostly use clubs to get the sims I want to show up at the lots I want. I got so sick and tired of showing up at pools and it being nothing but kids and elders.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2019
    idk I mostly just use them to play bachelor with my sims or make teen/kid learning groups or cheat kid social aspiration :joy:
    I haven't been able to create anything profound yet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I use clubs for everything.

Romance Clubs that include 1 guy and 1 girl that I want to hook up.
    Artistic clubs.
    Family clubs. So on days off they do things like cook out, use the diving platform, play games etc as a family.
    Best friend clubs. They go to dancing, drinking, and play games etc.
    Athletic clubs.
    Book clubs.
    Gaming clubs
    Programming clubs
    yoga clubs
    homework clubs
    writing clubs
    gardening clubs
    pretty much, if I can it turn into a club a do. It helps with socialization and skills. Plus, I really love them.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love using clubs for my busy parent-sims. Make a temporary club with one of their friends and let them swing by when it suits my sims. In the middle of the night, no problem. 5 a.m. when my vampire has some time off, sure thing. Use it as a pretend "I was nearby so I swung by"-thing.

Without kiddos my sims go of lot with their friends but when there are kids involved I prefer to stay on lot and let everyone come over.
  • Options
    Another important point is that if you have skill clubs and play rotationally, sims skill up in the background, so when you return to them they should be at a higher level.
  • Options
    MaedMaed Posts: 33 Member
    I made a Women's Night Out club for the women of the neighborhood to hang out together. I also have a club for my teenage sim and his friends to hang out, and a homework club for his younger sister and her friends to work on it together after school.
  • Options
    WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for all the answers!

So it seems that people tend to use clubs in these ways:
    • hobby groups: This is the vanilla idea behind clubs. These clubs are designed to increase a particular skill or do a certain hobby. E.g. bowling, painting, writing, homework clubs. Sims in these clubs share a common goal/interest. this is very obvious in hobby groups, but there are also less obvious examples: e.g. a tourist group on a tourist trip (Simmerville), a random bunch of customers in a shop.
    • situational groups: a bunch of sims who find themselves in a situation for other reasons than their shared interest (the involved interests can even be opposed!): e.g. city council idea (Simmerville)
    • socio-political/global relationships groups: I seem to have been the only one with the strange idea to use clubs primarily as a means to make groups of sims like/dislike other groups of sims to represent their conflicting socio-political mindsets. The idea is rather complicated to realize though, as the relationship-changes only happen in actual game-situations (not passively, implicitly). So I guess you'd have to get two rivaling clubs (who like do perform mean actions against each other and are forbidden to do friendly actions) gather on the same lot at the same time in order for them to gain antipathies against each other. Tbh this would be better handled if there was an extra option in MCCC for it (e.g. run a "relationship adjustment" once every week).

Access: One major appeal of clubs (apart from their usefullness in manipulatig random sim behaviour) is that you can also use them to manipulate the otherwise random appearance of sims on lots by using the lock door feature. E.g. allow only coworkers to an office building; allow only servants access to a kitchen (QueenofMyshuno); Prevent elderlies from hitting night clubs, etc.

Thoughts/improvement suggestions
    • The lock door feature in combination with clubs is probably their most usefull feature. I wished we could also give the lots themselves a setting and link it to universal (i.e. not club-membership) features (age!) … We shouldn't have to use clubs for that basic level of realism/immersion.
    • Unfortunately, there is no way to make the membership in one club as the precondition for membership in another club. I think it would be interesting to form “inner” and “outer” circles, so to speak.
    • Especially with social clubs that tend to be rather large, the limit of just 8 sims being displayed in the club UI is very annoying.
    • Club management in the vanilla game is horrible. Use this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/616973/club-utils.html (thanks to Tiarella again for pointing it out!)
    • For clubs that are more designed as socio-political groups, it would be cool if club-specific behaviour (versus other clubs) was NOT only triggered in club-meetings, but instead stayed active all the time.

Open questions
    • Do non-played sim club leaders start club gatherings on their own if they’re on a viable club-gathering lot?
    Post edited by Wenzel on
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I use clubs in a plethora of different ways. Here's some examples.
    - Friendship clubs for school kids to make lifelong friends and have matching friendship bracelets and stuff.
    - Sports clubs to keep sims active and lift competitive spirits. I've got two bowling clubs; one for kids and teens and one elite team of teens and up. There's also a roller derby club for competitive adults.
    - Singles clubs for single sims wanting a relationship to hang out and mingle.
    I'll add more later. It's tough trying to type and eat at the same time.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    MaedMaed Posts: 33 Member
    I had my sims visit a beach lot that I created in Sulani and Duane Talla, leader of the Dive Club, showed up and started a gathering. So, it does appear that NPC sim club leaders will start club gatherings on their own if they're on a viable lot for it.
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    @Wenzel they do start the gatherings on their own. Not every single time but often enough ;)

I recently created clubs for my celebrities where they are the club leaders and the other members are "bodyguards". I just created a few very fit men and women and dressed them in all black with sunglasses.

Some are supposed to be mean with everyone except their coworkers and their boss. Others are nice to everybody. It depends on the celebrity who hired them. They don't actually do much but it makes my game a little more realistic. I just wish they wouldn't take pictures of their boss when they pose (maybe we should add a trait "indifferent to celebs" so I could give it to them?)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    @Wenzel Nope, I mean Frankenfurter out of the Rocky Horror Show, google him, I'm not sure the forum will let me share lol
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I use clubs for the sims I want to see more of/be friends with--some I've made some I've downloaded. I also have occults ones for vampires, mermaids etc.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2019
    Comedy Club
    I have this club and area set up in the upper level of my dance club so comedy shows are an actual thing in my game.
    There is also a buffet nearby so sims get dinner and a show.
    12-26-15_9-01-45nbspAM.png

Romantic Couples Clubs.
    I have my sims in relationships have a club just for the two of them and they hangout in community lots that would be perfect for dates.
    I see them when I am not playing them and their relationships stay strong because they are doing romantic socials.
    12-26-15_2-43-01nbspPM.png

Movie Night Club
    My sims has a nice house and TV set up for movie night.
    01-15-16_6-06-55nbspPM.png

Art Club
    My art sim is a real art snob. He has a club that has a hangout in the art museum.
    They paint pictures and add them to the museum. My cat-burglar cat sim steals them so they never run out of space.
    12-26-15_10-11-04nbspAM.png

Void Critters Clubs
    Child sims hangout in a sort of cybercafe that has arcade games, Void Critters consoles, computers, toys, movies etcs.
    It's also a hangout for my cosplayers. Kids can ask the cosplayers to see their cosplay costumes.
    They also come here to watch movies.
    10-01-16_10-09-55nbspAM.png

10-01-16_10-22-49nbspAM.png

10-01-16_10-24-04nbspAM.png

09-26-16_8-34-52nbspAM.png

Cosplayers Clubs.
    My teens belong to cosplayer clubs. They hang out at the cybercafe to show off their latest outfit in preparation for GeekCon.
    They hit GeekCon as a club too.
    11-21-18_3-31-34nbspPM.png

11-21-18_2-52-32nbspPM.png

11-21-18_3-11-59nbspPM.png

11-23-18_9-17-02nbspAM.jpg

Friends of Sulani Club.
    I group my favorite Sulani natives in a club that goes around cleaning up Mua Pel'am.
    I use Sulani as a vacation destination. My visiting sims joins or forms this club and help clean up the island.
    06-28-19_7-40-05nbspAM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    ... My cat-burglar cat sim steals them so they never run out of space. ...

So many cool ideas! Great pics, too! And the not running out of space made me laugh :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    ... My cat-burglar cat sim steals them so they never run out of space. ...

So many cool ideas! Great pics, too! And the not running out of space made me laugh :)

Cat burglar, literally. :D

07-05-16_7-48-45nbspPM.png

It's a win/win situation. ;)
    07-05-16_7-48-54nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I made a scouting club for my save file. Each world had their own "Troop" and only teens can be the troop leaders. I also built a scouting camp in both vacation worlds so they can have a yearly jamboree. Other than that I usually just use the clubs system for family get togethers.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    That is such a good idea @SweetieWright_84 ! I love it when people use clubs creatively like that. I've gotten some good ideas from this thread.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    I never know what to do with clubs, thanks for all these ideas guys!